PDA

View Full Version : Auto braking on Mojave banking?

Sasquatch
30-09-2015, 09:22
I was messing around with the Lola Aston-Martin on the Mojave Test Track in Free Practice - decided to ride the banking high at speed. It was fine for a short distance, but then the car randomly lost all speed as if the brakes were being slowly pressed on their own.

Have anyone else experienced this? I know it's not huge or gameplay breaking... in a way.

Ian Bell
30-09-2015, 09:23
You're probably grounding the car. We read the underbody friction and it obviously affects the top speed. Raise the ride height, stiffen suspension all round and give it another try.

If it still happens it's a bug which we'll investigate.

Sankyo
30-09-2015, 09:24
I believe that this is already being investigated.

Invincible
30-09-2015, 09:33
You're probably grounding the car. We read the underbody friction and it obviously affects the top speed. Raise the ride height, stiffen suspension all round and give it another try.

I think it is a bug. Because half of the lap is is fine and the other half the telemetry is going crazy and the car slows down massively. And in this area, you can't even drive back into the higher banking after picking up some speed. No matter how fast or slow you'll go, you will be slowed down to a total standstill.

macmac__
30-09-2015, 10:45
For reference, fast parts of ring. (that do not suffer from the bug)
http://i.imgur.com/eggjP8mm.png (http://imgur.com/eggjP8m)

Sessionerror
30-09-2015, 12:47
I think it's a bug. A member of our german community posted this video. At the beginning, you can also see some tire textures hovering over the ground ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptpFVHonfy4

Jan Studenski
30-09-2015, 12:55
I cant drive at all at the top of the banking ...

Btw i tried to go more than 400 kph with the Sauber C9, but i reached only 390 :(

2stains
30-09-2015, 13:24

Thanks for popping your hairy head in , nice to see , i have also experienced this and my wheel pulls hard left at the same time.

Sessionerror
30-09-2015, 14:00
Oh, and the tunnel reverb seems to be missing ;)

Invincible
30-09-2015, 14:20
Oh, and the tunnel reverb seems to be missing ;)

Confirm! Happened here too!

Sasquatch
30-09-2015, 19:49
I think it is a bug. Because half of the lap is is fine and the other half the telemetry is going crazy and the car slows down massively. And in this area, you can't even drive back into the higher banking after picking up some speed. No matter how fast or slow you'll go, you will be slowed down to a total standstill.

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, and macmac_'s map is accurate at this point. It's half the track and no matter the car, the set up, it does the samething everytime in the same spot.

Ian, thanks for being quick to respond. Cheers.