PDA

View Full Version : The Hockenheim Experience!

tclancey
30-09-2015, 11:13
A full solo GT3 weekend at Hockenheim started well, I got through practice and qualifying with good results.

I left the xbox on overnight as we can't save between sessions (Grrrr!) and started the race this morning.

I got to lap 20 of the 50 lap race when I ran into the strange physics problem again. I got bounced off the last corner by an invisible something then got knocked about all the way down the straight until I was punted off by another invisible object and put into the barrier. I re-started the car, turned it round and re-joined the race, luckily there was no car damage. I didn't suffer any further physics problems.

Half way around lap 25 I requested a pit stop, all looked good until the last timing point where the little message popped up, 'Pit box currently unavailable', far enough, I have enough fuel for another lap. And another lap. And another lap... On lap 29 I didn't lave enough fuel left to go any further so I had to enter the pits to see what was going on.

The auto driver bashed off every barrier on the way into the pits, then I suppose because the pit box was actually full of another car sat doing nothing, the auto driver accelerated at full pelt driving through the pits at over 120mph which of course rammed my into the barrier at pit exit.

I only had enough fuel left for half a lap at this point so I pulled over.

1. There are serious problems with the physics, when I see them they always happen well into a long race.
2. Why was my team mate sat stationary in the pits for over 4 laps? There still seem to be huge problems with AI pit stops.
3. The auto driver has a death wish.

When are these issues going to be fixed?

Shinzah
30-09-2015, 11:21
1. There are serious problems with the physics, when I see them they always happen well into a long race.
2. Why was my team mate sat stationary in the pits for over 4 laps? There still seem to be huge problems with AI pit stops.
3. The auto driver has a death wish.

I'm starting to think my theory that a lot of console bugs are being caused by overheating is gaining more and more traction...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
30-09-2015, 12:13
1. There are serious problems with the physics, when I see them they always happen well into a long race.This is actually something they've noticed and have worked on now, it should make it into the next patch. Read this post, as well as the rest of the thread for more information: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39365-bmw-320-gr-5&p=1121559&viewfull=1#post1121559

Shinzah
30-09-2015, 12:20
This is actually something they've noticed and have worked on now, it should make it into the next patch. Read this post, as well as the rest of the thread for more information: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39365-bmw-320-gr-5&p=1121559&viewfull=1#post1121559

Oooooo, I missed that post. Thanks Jussi.

tclancey
30-09-2015, 12:27
Thanks Jussi, reading now...