PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Proj Cars. first questions

FlyLastShadow
30-09-2015, 12:28
Hi after a while not playing returning to project cars.

First i just reinstalled the game limited edition plus the racing icons car pack: i end up with 21.2gb : seems low (cant remember what it was before)

My question is about this:

So everything is connected to xbox - controller (with headset) - TX wheel (singed in on account)
I start up the game, all is fine.
So in the main menus i go to option to start with calibrating wheel and those options.

But in options controls i only see my controller and not my steeringwheel.
Ok mayby needs hard reset - didnt work - also tried only using wheel to control xbox (while controler connected) but didnt work

Then i disconnected my controller and started up the game with the wheel and yes then the game sees my wheel.

But wen i start up the game with controller connected the game does not see my wheel.
Im used to play with headphones and for online need it to be able to use chat.

Did something change in the game concerning this or im i missing something.

Any advice or info on this would be appreciated.

edit: the fact that my fan is not turning on is probably because of not having last firmwareupdate?
is the firmware needed so my fan would turn on? or other issue
Thanks

Raven403
30-09-2015, 12:35
this thread should provide you answers

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39618-Driver-network-and-time-trials-still-locked-out/page4

To summarize, its a new thing after the last patch. If you start the game with the controller connected and use "A" on the wheel to initiate the game from the Load screen, most times it will read your controller. Go to the control screen when you start the game, if its showing your controller, Simply unplug it or take the battery out of the controller so it turns off, it should instantly read your wheel, then you can re-plug your controller. It works for me every time.

Also, try and use the "Start" button and not the "A" button to initiate the game on the wheel, seems to have minimized this happening for me

edit: the fact that my fan is not turning on is probably because of not having last firmwareupdate?
is the firmware needed so my fan would turn on? or other issue
Thanks

The new firmware only allows you to turn the fan on manually, or leave it on automatic, the thresholds for it turning on and off have been adjusted as well. But even on the older firmware your wheels fan should still turn on at some point. But I recommend getting v50 for the life of the wheel, it should help keep it cooler.

Bealdor
30-09-2015, 12:37
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39618-Driver-network-and-time-trials-still-locked-out&p=1130055&viewfull=1#post1130055

Edit: Raven'd

FlyLastShadow
30-09-2015, 12:52
this thread should provide you answers

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39618-Driver-network-and-time-trials-still-locked-out/page4

To summarize, its a new thing after the last patch. If you start the game with the controller connected and use "A" on the wheel to initiate the game from the Load screen, most times it will read your controller. Go to the control screen when you start the game, if its showing your controller, Simply unplug it or take the battery out of the controller so it turns off, it should instantly read your wheel, then you can re-plug your controller. It works for me every time.

Also, try and use the "Start" button and not the "A" button to initiate the game on the wheel, seems to have minimized this happening for me

The new firmware only allows you to turn the fan on manually, or leave it on automatic, the thresholds for it turning on and off have been adjusted as well. But even on the older firmware your wheels fan should still turn on at some point. But I recommend getting v50 for the life of the wheel, it should help keep it cooler.

Thanks for the reply. Only small workaround:)
Yes will update my firmware.