PDA

View Full Version : SMS-R Le Mans Aston Martin DBR1-2

RTA nOsKiLlS
30-09-2015, 13:30
Could I have an official answer to these questions please?

Im unsure of the track limits on the Le Mans track. For the current DLC challenge.

On the main straights with the chicane, is the edge of the track the white line marking the outside of each lane, or is the edge the barrier? I don't want to set a laptime that will not be counted as a clean lap.

Also on the chicanes, there is a solid white line then a kerb, is that solid white line the edge of the track, or is it the blue and yellow kerb?

Thanks. :)

Joseph Barron
30-09-2015, 13:49
Regardless of the track, the white lines are always the edge of the track.

More than 2 wheels outside the white lines at any track, even on a curb will mean that your lap is ignored when the ghosts are reviewed by SMS staff.

We are working on improving the in-game detection of track cutting for future updates. In the meantime, please try to stick to the limits stated above.

havocc
30-09-2015, 13:57
Ok so i always go off track at mulsanne (my lap will never be reviewed btw...)

RTA nOsKiLlS
30-09-2015, 14:07
http://s4.postimg.org/du0fhzgbx/comuntiy_Le_Mans_Screenshot.jpg

So on the straight the lines I've painted blue are the track limit?

The grey area from the blue line to the red line is not part of the track?

Its the line changing from solid to dotted that's confusing me.

Joseph Barron
30-09-2015, 14:17
http://s4.postimg.org/du0fhzgbx/comuntiy_Le_Mans_Screenshot.jpg

So on the straight the lines I've painted blue are the track limit?

The grey area from the blue line to the red line is not part of the track?

Its the line changing from solid to dotted that's confusing me.

Generally speaking, the blue lines in your image are the track limits.

If there are any exceptions, we will try to announce them before an event begins, not after it has already started.

So if you have not seen a post from SMS staff stating specific changes to track limits for an event, then assume that the white lines are the track edge.

RTA nOsKiLlS
30-09-2015, 14:39
Generally speaking, the blue lines in your image are the track limits.

If there are any exceptions, we will try to announce them before an event begins, not after it has already started.

So if you have not seen a post from SMS staff stating specific changes to track limits for an event, then assume that the white lines are the track edge.

Ok, thanks. :)

mihalo
30-09-2015, 17:45
How about these where suggested racing line is "out"?

And btw why my DBR1-2 is allways red no matter what livery I choose..

havocc
30-09-2015, 18:32
I think blue lines are for ordinary car traffic since this is not a permanent track iirc

ARNAGEist
30-09-2015, 22:07
I think blue lines are for ordinary car traffic since this is not a permanent track iirc

You're correct most of the 24 hour circuit is public roads, the only full time circuit section is from the start of the Porsche curves (the really twisty bit with barriers not far away)& upto and inc Tertre Rouge (the almost 90 degree corner going onto the Mulsanne)

Scuderia Paul
30-09-2015, 23:47
This SMS-R event is helping me justify all the of laps at La Sarthe I have completed so far with that wonderful DBR1-2.

... And BTW why is my DBR1-2 is always red no matter what livery I choose..?

I have not had that with the DBR1-2 on track but have had it once in the garage. It is a bug which has been present since launch but it does seem less frequent nowadays.

Joseph Barron
01-10-2015, 08:44
If the racing line assist is telling you that's OK, then that's fine with me.

However, you must stick to the white lines in the section that is an actual race track - from Porsche curves to the first straight.

balderz002
01-10-2015, 09:33
This SMS-R event is helping me justify all the of laps at La Sarthe I have completed so far with that wonderful DBR1-2.

Like we need any justification?!

havocc
01-10-2015, 09:41
Like we need any justification?!

1.000.000 times better than clio cup at silverstone