PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to SMS for this game

MAARTEN
30-09-2015, 18:07
There is so much complaining at Pcars and SMS in other threads all over the board, that's why i think this thread is needed.

Iv'e always been interested in racing-games but i've never really found one that i actually enjoy and can play just as taking my real car out for a spin. Have been playing Gran Turismo 5 and 6 over the past years with a friend and it has been a lot of fun. But always it has been something missing.

So one day in may Project CARS finally came out after several delays. And wow! I was really impressed with the graphics and physics and everything. Then i knew what iv'e been missing erlier.
The game just gets better and better for every patch.
Started with Pcars on the PS4, but when i was sold to this game i invested in a new gaming PC and triple monitor setup just because of this awesome game :)

I think it's a masterpiece that deserves to really shine among the other racing-games out there.

So SMS, hats off for you guys!

Feel free to use this thread for positive feedback to SMS, they really deserve it.

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 18:43
I've not been able to fully appreciate this game, not until until patch 4.0 was releasedthat is then with a clean install and a game save wipe the game has come alive for me.

Been playing every day now for over a week problem free, I've played pretty much all driving games across two platforms ps and Xbox games from pole position right through to forza 6 and GT 6 and nothing comes close to this game when it's firing on all cylinders, the physics and sounds alone are in a league of there own.

I've now topped up on all the dlc which imho is fantastic value and very well done, PCar's for me is a keeper OK we've had our spats but the teams done good and not let me or the game down, and yes I agree the SMS guys and girls need or rather deserve some gratification.

With each patch the game just gets better and better, I actually look for to each new patch and dlc now.

Umer Ahmad
30-09-2015, 19:03
^damn, i cant believe how dramatically the re-install and save game wipe improved your situation. Whatever works i guess, you're in a good place now.

E30_Hntsvl
30-09-2015, 19:14
I've been sim racing for a long time, back to the first SimBin titles. For many years just to get my racing fix as I lived somewhere not ideal to continue in RL. For the last 5 yrs, I've been using sims to stay sharp, and keep those neuron's in the brain responsible for car control all happy for RL racing. Since pCARS release, I spend a lot of time in the BMW 1M since its close to the car I race around in.

Two weeks ago I finally got my '11 BMW 335i out on a track day. Car felt great right away. I was familiar with the way the car was going to react, and it was sort of weird. When I got home, I fired up pCARS and got the 1M out on track. It was almost identical to the handling of my car. It was so correct it made me sort of dizzy. Could only do it for a few minutes as my mind was not liking the simulation, too real without the g's or something. Good work there!

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
30-09-2015, 19:17
I've been sim racing for a long time, back to the first SimBin titles.Which, incidentally, were made by the people working at SMS for the most part. =)

wraithsrike
30-09-2015, 19:42
^damn, i cant believe how dramatically the re-install and save game wipe improved your situation. Whatever works i guess, you're in a good place now.

It's made a Massive difference Umer, I've done the same with my lads game and he's having no problems now.

Seriously it's a huge game changer that along with the patches has made this game the game it deserves to be.

bmanic
01-10-2015, 00:20
Two weeks ago I finally got my '11 BMW 335i out on a track day. Car felt great right away. I was familiar with the way the car was going to react, and it was sort of weird. When I got home, I fired up pCARS and got the 1M out on track. It was almost identical to the handling of my car. It was so correct it made me sort of dizzy. Could only do it for a few minutes as my mind was not liking the simulation, too real without the g's or something. Good work there!

There's a term for this kind of thing: It's called the "uncanny valley" effect and is indeed very strange. It doesn't just apply to aesthetics as I've experienced this with synthesized voices and sounds. When something becomes "almost real" but not quite real the brain sort of goes "wtf is this?? I'm out of here!".

Shinzah
01-10-2015, 01:17
When something becomes "almost real" but not quite real the brain sort of goes "wtf is this?? I'm out of here!".
Mine never came back ^^;

Poulka
01-10-2015, 02:20
I have to say I have played many racing games from slot cars on Atari to pole position, test drive, need for speed, gran turisimo 1-4 and Forza 2-6, and I have to say this game is something I have been clamor in for almost 30 years of virtual racing. I am just having many wow moments all over again. Thanks SMS, this game makes me want to race everyday.

Poulka
01-10-2015, 02:21
I have to say I have played many racing games from slot cars on Atari to pole position, test drive, need for speed, gran turisimo 1-4 and Forza 2-6, and I have to say this game is something I have been clamor in for almost 30 years of virtual racing. I am just having many wow moments all over again. Thanks SMS, this game makes me want to race everyday.

Almost forgot brain is completely gone hence why I forgot lol.

Itothans
01-10-2015, 03:04
Since I've purchased the game I've been playing it for about a couple of hours every single day, and I still can't wait to finish work and play it some more.

HypoToad
01-10-2015, 09:03
All I can say is to reiterate what's already been said, there is an eerie feel to this game that makes it unreal, the feeling of driving a real car is totally believable. No other game has this feel to it, great work SMS.

MAARTEN
27-11-2015, 20:41
Took the Mustang for a spin at Brno just to have some fun while enjoying a glas of wine :) I am amazed of the reality of this game. Actually it's not a game, it's a an experience! I voted for this game to be the PC game of the year.

riverreveal
27-11-2015, 23:32
I bought pCars on release and I liked it, but some bits felt a bit unfinished or lacking. I wasnt sure how much SMS would support it post release, I know backers were confident, but I just wasnt sure, especially when pCars2 was announced. After many patches, consistent support and some great and IMO fair priced DLC, pCars is my number 1 racing sim.

Just as importantly; I really trust the devs now. A rare breed that care about the product they developed (pre and post release) and the community that has formed around them.

So yes thank you SMS for the hours of pleasure I have had so far and thank you for the future hours I know I will have in the future.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
27-11-2015, 23:39
Been at it for over 4 years now, still haven't gotten anywhere near enough of it. Hands down the best sim experience of my 20+ year sim "career".