PDA

View Full Version : Soft tires only after pit

sgohsixthree
01-10-2015, 02:28
This has been mentioned before as a "known issue" on the PC side, but for the life of me cannot find it listed on any thread of Known Issues. If someone can find it listed please correct me. I'll try and get some video but let's see if anyone else has the problem / can replicate.

I'm in a GT3 series.. but since patch 4.0, we've had to postpone it due to the pit issues. One of the major ones being that when pitting in and changing tires, we will always get Soft slicks. I have 2 pit strategies saved.. both with Medium tire change to all tires, one with gas, one without. After a few laps on the medium tires after pitting in, the tires change to softs. Another pit doesn't change the compound in the strategy, and editing to another compound, say Hard, still results in Soft tires after pit out.

Any GT3 Car on Nurburgring GP.

Anyone else confirm?

LeMansIndy500
05-10-2015, 23:02
This has been mentioned before as a "known issue" on the PC side, but for the life of me cannot find it listed on any thread of Known Issues. If someone can find it listed please correct me. I'll try and get some video but let's see if anyone else has the problem / can replicate.

I'm in a GT3 series.. but since patch 4.0, we've had to postpone it due to the pit issues. One of the major ones being that when pitting in and changing tires, we will always get Soft slicks. I have 2 pit strategies saved.. both with Medium tire change to all tires, one with gas, one without. After a few laps on the medium tires after pitting in, the tires change to softs. Another pit doesn't change the compound in the strategy, and editing to another compound, say Hard, still results in Soft tires after pit out.

Any GT3 Car on Nurburgring GP.

Anyone else confirm?

Yep I had the same problem in Formula B during career. Even requested wets in the rain and I still got slicks.

I believe (at least I hope) the devs are aware and maybe working on a fix. Don't quote me on it though.

VR-Mustard
06-10-2015, 09:12
There was another thread for the same bugs but the Devs say that we are imagining it my friend so i wouldn't hold your breath.

Ken f
08-10-2015, 23:33
I have this issue while participating in the GT3 European leg. I'm in my 3rd season and I really enjoy the game. I repeated the Barcelona about five times, each time I enter the fuel and tire selection but I'm always fitted with softs. Next race at Spa, same thing for six races. Then I tried to create a pit strategy file six times and still had the same result. Soft tires, no fuel. I'm not making this up. I'm not hallucinating, just frustrated. Brand new game, brand new PS4 in case anyone's wondering.

hkraft300
08-10-2015, 23:38
Same thing last night MP private lobby. 25 laps of Bathurst, x6 tire wear. All dry, night/day transition.
I managed to make the softs last and that worked to my advantage. But Ye, 7-8 cars we all kept getting softs even though some wanted hard tires. I'm pedantic with my pit strategies and made sure to double check to request mediums: still got softs.
I don't do GT3 often so didn't experience it til last night.
I will try again today with LMP cars.

ChrisK
10-10-2015, 03:14
Yes, I was in that race krafty mentioned. Started on hards planning for a one stop race. Backed off my first stint to make sure I got to halfway. Got there, pitted about 5 laps after the guy in P1. happy with the situation cos I know I made the tyres last and I only had one stop to do and was in front by 20s and he still had another stop to do aswell. Pitted, double checked, yep, hards. Came out on softs.

It's only a sim if the sim components actually work. If we have to not use all the sim stuff to make it stable, then how is it a sim ? Pathetic.

Bealdor
10-10-2015, 07:36
This issue is fixed with patch 5.0.

hkraft300
10-10-2015, 07:40
This issue is fixed with patch 5.0.

Patch notes or it didn't happen :p

ChrisK
10-10-2015, 07:54
Based on past failures, I'll believe it when I see it.

Bealdor
10-10-2015, 08:02
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38996-Pitstop-Bug&p=1143007&viewfull=1#post1143007

Fre.Mo
10-10-2015, 09:03
Really happy this pit stop bug has been fixed, it was really raging to enter into the pit due to rain fall and going out with soft tyres instead of wet (especially quiting a race with more than 16 laps because of bad tyres...)

Ken f
10-10-2015, 19:05
The patch, 5.0, that you are referring to I can assume is for PC as I look at your hardware. Logging on today, I don't see an update for PS4. But thanks for your advice. Hopefully they come up with something soon.

Vendrah
10-10-2015, 22:50
I got the same bug here.
Hope it gets fixed for PS4.

sgohsixthree
10-10-2015, 23:39
Glad to see this addressed, and patched. Hope I'm not let down again. Not looking forward to the new bugs that will crop up after the patch. Now to play the waiting game with the Playstation NA approval process.

TRL Karthikeyan
10-10-2015, 23:40
long races in multiplayer are now ruinied as when you pit it puts the soft tyres on and also the weather doesn't cycle through now as the weather stays clear the whole race even if you have 4 slots with multiple weather. These are game breaking bugs, i think the tyre bug has been reported(couldn't find it on the forum though) but has the weather bug been reported. Hopefully these can be fixed for patch 6.0.

nissan4ever
11-10-2015, 00:00
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes

Coming to consoles very soon.

Umer Ahmad
11-10-2015, 01:35
Merged

ChrisK
12-10-2015, 03:01
Umer, what is the logic behind getting time penalties for running off track in practice and qualifying ? It used to just invalidate the lap which is fine. But after patch 4.0 you get time penalties. This is a stupid decision.

hkraft300
12-10-2015, 03:22
Previous discussion in another thread led to some wanting time penalties removed altogether, even during a race. Instead, have the race director give warnings, then drive-through penalty and eventual black flag/DQ... Which I think is more realistic. The mechanisms are already in place for such a system.
Time penalties ruin battles, and were causing collisions before ghosting was brought in.

sgohsixthree
16-10-2015, 02:46
Previous discussion in another thread led to some wanting time penalties removed altogether, even during a race. Instead, have the race director give warnings, then drive-through penalty and eventual black flag/DQ... Which I think is more realistic. The mechanisms are already in place for such a system.
Time penalties ruin battles, and were causing collisions before ghosting was brought in.

Don't want to steer the thread onto a different topic.... but coincidentally, something I'm very much in favor of!! And the track limits still need a lot of fixing. Forced time penalties are the anti-sim.

hkraft300
16-10-2015, 04:33
Cheers bud.
Found a different, persistent issue which I'd experienced before only in the Lotus 98T at Spa and Watkins (circumstance) and last night in the Sauber C9 at Bathurst.
It's possible that even if you box only for fuel/repairs, your pit crew will adjust tire pressures according to your strategy. Cool feature, as I've been hurt losing temps.
If you don't change tires, therefore having hot tires, are they adjusting to cold or hot pressure as specified? Must investigate further.

Back on topic: reckon the tire compound selection issue is definitely fixed since 5.0. Looking forward to the tire model updates! Hope they release it next patch :)

sgohsixthree
17-10-2015, 21:34
After a night of testing. I can confirm this is fixed in patch 5.0. Thanks SMS! Now, onward to new features! :playful: