PDA

View Full Version : Triple Screen bug - colour loss (PC)

Voo78
01-10-2015, 09:22
Hi Guys

I've got an issue with my triple screens since the patch release, in short it will lose colour on either the centre screen or one of the flank screens during racing. It will then come back again and keep flicking on and off intermittently. This only really started once I adjusted a few settings to try and increase FPS but can't seem to work out what setting it could be, or if this is a known bug perhaps? I've reset what I believe I changed, but can't seem to resolve it and restore the smooth colour throughout a race.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've checked drivers and that's all up to date, and it doesn't happen on any other game I've got - any ideas?

Be grateful for anyone's input as I'm a little stumped on this?!!?

Bealdor
01-10-2015, 09:26
I'm not a triple screen user but you could give this a go:

1) Delete the following file to reset your graphics settings: \Documents\Project CARS\graphicsconfigdx11.xml
2) If 1) deosn't solve it, try to start the game with the command line -novr

Drukhi
01-10-2015, 10:20
Well the major triple screen bug is, that it's not supported. ;) In some cars the left mirror is bigger than a hole car. ... No angle management, no FOV settings...

Spiderx
01-10-2015, 11:04
Resuming, if the consoles dont suport it, you wont get it.... Triple Monitor, custom skins handling online, Stuttering town..... 3 killer things for me.

lembi2001
01-10-2015, 13:21
Resuming, if the consoles dont suport it, you wont get it.... Triple Monitor, custom skins handling online, Stuttering town..... 3 killer things for me.

Where is your source for this quote? Some of the Devs run Triple Monitor setups on their rigs, they are aware it is an issue and FWIR they are planning on looking into this. Just because it isn't supported on consoles doesn't mean it won't appear in the PC version of the game. Take Time Trials as an example. On the PC version we can filter records to display the records set by the same vehicle. This cannot be done on the console versions due to the amount of database space required to do it. Sony and MS won't let SMS use their servers to store that amount of data.

Mahjik
01-10-2015, 13:22
Hi Guys

I've got an issue with my triple screens since the patch release, in short it will lose colour on either the centre screen or one of the flank screens during racing. It will then come back again and keep flicking on and off intermittently. This only really started once I adjusted a few settings to try and increase FPS but can't seem to work out what setting it could be, or if this is a known bug perhaps? I've reset what I believe I changed, but can't seem to resolve it and restore the smooth colour throughout a race.

Has anyone else had this issue? I've checked drivers and that's all up to date, and it doesn't happen on any other game I've got - any ideas?

Be grateful for anyone's input as I'm a little stumped on this?!!?

What graphics card(s) are you using?

Voo78
02-10-2015, 08:44
I'm using a GTX960. Like I say, it was absolutely fine (if a little light on FPS!) and it's only just started playing up once I adjusted some settings.

Thanks for the replies - if I delete the config file? I assume it simply resets the next time I launch the game? Sorry for the newb questions - just trying to avoid creating a bigger issue!

Bealdor
02-10-2015, 08:45
Hi Guys

I'm using a GTX960. Like I say, it was absolutely fine (if a little light on FPS!) and it's only just started playing up once I adjusted some settings.

Thanks for the replies - if I delete the confit file? I assume it simply resets the next time I launch the game? Sorry for the newb questions - just trying to avoid creating a bigger issue!

Yes. If you delete this file the game will create a new one with "stock" graphics settings the next time you start it.

Voo78
02-10-2015, 08:52
Thanks Bealdor - will give this a shot today and see if it does the trick!

Voo78
02-10-2015, 08:55
Any idea if there is a plan to start building in support for triples? Or do you think it's all reserved time/budget for VR development?

I for one am itching to have a go on the OR when it releases. Had a go on a friends DK2 playing Assetto Corsa and found it very immersive. Guessing I'm going to need a card upgrade though, the GTX960 struggles to do triples at a high frame rate, so I can pretty much forget VR!

Drukhi
02-10-2015, 12:03
One of the most important Questions for PC SIM Racers. But Devs don't give a ....

I was at SIM Expo and there were also Triple Screens with Project CARS. Even users with no knowledge ask me why is PCARS looking so weird comparing to the stands running iracing. To be honest, R3E have this issue to.

But and this is why i'm so disappiinted abour PCARS:
It was original a PC Crowdfunding project. And during development only PC users help the devs. And now post release, a feature with no advantage for consoles get ladt priority.

So four months after release, the game runs pretty well on consoles. But for PC SIM freaks well... SMS promised way to muxh during development...

Bealdor
02-10-2015, 12:11
Guys, we already have a general triple screen discussion thread (including a recent dev response): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22367-We-need-proper-triple-screen-support&p=1132207&viewfull=1#post1132207

Keep this thread to discuss the specific issue of the OP please.

Voo78
14-10-2015, 22:48
Guys - deleting the config graphics file hasn't worked. I'm still getting the colour coming in and out during a race - anyone got any ideas what else it could be?

Voo78
16-10-2015, 07:52
Hi Bealdor - how do I start the game with the command line you mentioned?

Would be grateful for some help on this as my screens still lose colour when playing.

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 08:05
Hi Bealdor - how do I start the game with the command line you mentioned?

Would be grateful for some help on this as my screens still lose colour when playing.

Right click on Project CARS in Steam -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options

Voo78
16-10-2015, 10:10
Hi Bealdor - I tried typing in just the letters "novr" and starting the game after that and sadly it's still doing it.

Any ideas what else I could try as it seems to be worse when you race at a time like 6pm when the sun effects are higher - not sure which of the settings could be causing it??

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 10:14
Hi Bealdor - I tried typing in just the letters "novr" and starting the game after that and sadly it's still doing it.

You have to type in "-novr" (without the quotation marks)

Any ideas what else I could try as it seems to be worse when you race at a time like 6pm when the sun effects are higher - not sure which of the settings could be causing it??

Sounds like a shadow issue to me. Set shadows to off to see if that is the cause.
Are you using VSYNC?

Invincible
16-10-2015, 10:17

It has to read: "[...]cars.exe -novr" (please pay attention not to miss the space and "-")

Edit: Ninja'd by the mighty mod :p

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 10:19
It has to read: "[...]cars.exe -novr" (please pay attention not to miss the space and "-")

He's adding it through Steam and not to a shortcut. ;)

Invincible
16-10-2015, 10:25
He's adding it through Steam and not to a shortcut. ;)

My bad - I'm used to (old school) non-steam command lines.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
16-10-2015, 10:29
Did you checked the Project CARS game profile settings in the Nvidia control panel?
Maybe there is something changed.

Voo78
16-10-2015, 11:03
Hi - have now switched shadows off and also added the -novr command and it's still an issue.

Are there any other settings in game that cause the colour to flick in and out - I'm convinced it's going to be of the 1001 settings on the game that I've tweaked trying to get it "pretty" but can't for the life of me work out which one is the culprit!

Voo78
16-10-2015, 11:03
VSYNC is off currently.....

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 11:08
Turn it on and see if that solves it. If not, try to do a clean driver reinstall.

How to: Clean driver installation (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21981-Unhandled-Exception-Trapped-Unable-to-Play&p=1142998&viewfull=1#post1142998)

Voo78
16-10-2015, 17:06
Have turned on VSYNC and it made no difference.

I have also now done a clean install of the drivers - stumped! This is only happening on PCars and no other game even so much as even flickers. It's really odd, one screen drops colour completely, and then when it comes back on another screen will lose colour. This happens for 3-5 seconds at a time.

Anyone else ever had anything like it??? I've literally switched everything off now and it still won't resolve the momentary colour loss issue.....

Voo78
16-10-2015, 17:08
I've also tried the game optimisation in the control panel and this did nothing either.....HELP!!!

Bealdor
21-10-2015, 13:32
Please uninstall your 3D vision drivers and 3D vision controller drivers then delete the graphicsconfig file again and retry. Don't for get to restart your PC in between.

RomKnight
21-10-2015, 13:44
^^ I don't even install the audio part of the drivers. Just physics and, ofc, the drivers.

Voo78
22-10-2015, 16:34
Hi Bealdor - I have removed the 3D Drivers, restarted the PC and deleted the CONFIG file and sadly no change - it's still dropping colour.....