PDA

View Full Version : chase car view not stable when elevation changes on track makes game unplayable

chrisjaf
01-10-2015, 17:28
chase cam in game drops behind car on elevation changes in track which to be honest is making the game unplayable,solutions anyone? and no smart remarks about changing view as that is not helpful thanks xbox one

Fat Sav
01-10-2015, 17:31
Maybe change FOV settings in camera.

Liquid7394
01-10-2015, 17:33
Adjust world movement maybe?

Flat_out
01-10-2015, 17:36
Chase Cam is crap in PCars.Just use a different view :cool:

chrisjaf
01-10-2015, 17:50
done all of the above,but no change.as for smart arse your right chase cam is crap cos it don't work hence the post.lol

Mahjik
01-10-2015, 17:56
I'm not at my home PC at the moment, but is there only one chase cam? I remember the discussions during development of having two chase cams (a dynamic one being the default and a static one as an option).

Basically what you don't like is the dynamic movement which was requested by the community during development. The static based chase camera, they felt, didn't convey enough of what was going on with the car and requested more movement (it also remove the "the physics are on a pole" comments from using a fixed camera).

chrisjaf
01-10-2015, 18:16
this game has fast became a laughing stock because of bad management from the get go,unfinished full of glitches and bugs,had patch after patch and its still not playable.what do you people take us for mugs,and you think we will go out and spend more money on project cars 2,I think not.YOU have set up a web forum for a game that you knew was not finished so people who bought your game can spend time looking for work around's for problems you know about but do nothing to rectify said problems in the first place.look at how many post there is about problems and that should give you a good idea how bad your game is and make you want to put things how they should.working out of the box so to speak.to quote the dragons den "you cant built a legacy with a shit product".there ends the rant SORT IT OUT ASAP.

MortICi
01-10-2015, 18:58
this game has fast became a laughing stock because of bad management from the get go,unfinished full of glitches and bugs,had patch after patch and its still not playable.what do you people take us for mugs,and you think we will go out and spend more money on project cars 2,I think not.YOU have set up a web forum for a game that you knew was not finished so people who bought your game can spend time looking for work around's for problems you know about but do nothing to rectify said problems in the first place.look at how many post there is about problems and that should give you a good idea how bad your game is and make you want to put things how they should.working out of the box so to speak.to quote the dragons den "you cant built a legacy with a shit product".there ends the rant SORT IT OUT ASAP.

http://i.imgur.com/FpU8BFO.gif

Mahjik
01-10-2015, 19:27
There isn't a problem. You just dislike the way the Chase Cam is implemented in this title. It's not "broken", it's just not to your liking.

Knightfall
01-10-2015, 19:44
http://i.imgur.com/FpU8BFO.gif

You know what is for dinner tonight?

Infractions.

flymar
01-10-2015, 19:49
done all of the above,but no change.as for smart arse your right chase cam is crap cos it don't work hence the post.lolPlease check World Movement value: 100. That should cure the problem.

tclancey
01-10-2015, 21:22
I'm sorry, and I mean no offence, but trying to drive Pcars with a chase camera is trying to turn a superb sim into an arcade game. And besides the control lag is horrific.

Try to get used to a cockpit camera, or at least a bumper camera, then you'll get the real immersion of the sim.

I'm not preaching, just suggesting there is a way to play a true sim.

chrisjaf
02-10-2015, 00:27
that's like vw saying nothing wrong with our cars its your equipment that gives the wrong emissions reading. lol you fan boys make me laugh,still don't excuse more bugs than a rotting corps.good concept poor execution same as vw hahaha. maybe you should get them to be main sponsor for next attempt. good luck

hkraft300
02-10-2015, 02:05
that's like vw saying nothing wrong with our cars its your equipment that gives the wrong emissions reading. lol you fan boys make me laugh,still don't excuse more bugs than a rotting corps.good concept poor execution same as vw hahaha. maybe you should get them to be main sponsor for next attempt. good luck

Can't drive a sim in chase cam, NFS style.
Declares game is bad and broken.
#keyboardwarriorlife :applause:

Chase cam is fine. I couldn't do a fast lap in Forza or GT5/6, but in pCars I can hold a decent line. Perspective and timing is a little off though, because I run cockpit view. World/head movement is the reason I avoid helmet cam. It's inconsistent on my part and needs practice. Some people use the look to apex to great effect, so there's nothing wrong with it.
But in reality the chase cam running out of angle or falling behind the car over elevations: that's kind of expected, no?
Hence the suggestions for cockpit/bumper cam.
Calm down and take the helpful hints seriously. I'm sure you can do mad drifts in every other driving game. Doesn't mean the bad attitude is necessary.

Kitt
02-10-2015, 09:07
Its a tough one for me,I like cockpit view for the speed and realism,but there again I like to look at the car while racing and these are some beautifully made cars.So usally do a race in cockpit,then a race in chase cam.

hkraft300
02-10-2015, 09:14
Oh Ye. I'll flick to it and enjoy some dirty exhaust noise occasionally. Or check out the livery in a better light than the garage selection menu. I have the look left/right actions mapped and I can use that to swing the camera around to have a good look.

chrisjaf
11-10-2015, 12:01
yes yes I know you hate negative posts as you want this to be some sort of poster game, that every body wants, but it is so flawed, so seriously flawed...

Some of you may remember I made a post before about rammers and such
Other posts about the stupid people who just asssume pad racers are stupid and cannot race..
This place reaks of elitism, you are either a wheel user and race with all assists off (even if the cars would normally ahve some assists, I mean WTF seriously?)... or you are an arcade racing loving stupid guy without a brain...

Let me tell you something about myself, I am a disabled gamer, I cannot use a wheel, as I would be unable to use pedals, and have you tried using paddles for acceleration? It crap, then there is the above point about all in realism or go home attitude, 1. Manual gears is impossible, trying to use the paddles lower for acceleration and braking and the upper ones for gear change is impossible. 2. No ABS makes it impossible for me to race most cars, again see above about the paddles, it is impossible to be sensitive enough with these..

And then there is the idiots, just out of control when nearly every single lobby has it... sure join a league you say, join a team or whatever the name is for it these days.. oh wait thats right, I work shifts so cannot commit to one night a week, the same night every week, oh and then there is the whole issue with assists again...

and then there is the bugs, if they fix one, another comes along, I know they're are doing their best, but it's too late

Are you people really that ignorant and so far stuck up your backsides, and really this inconsiderate?

But to cut this post short, and to get to the point, after months of coming back and trying again with this game, I am now giving up, no longer worth my time to be constantly frustrated by some of the community who just want to race their way, with no consideration of other people.. You know who you are...

Good Riddance!

cluck
11-10-2015, 12:20
I doubt you'll be missed. You came onto the forum and immediately took an aggressive stance, instead of politely seeking help. Some people offered some help but your next 2 posts were again abusive. Then after about a week you come back and launch even more abuse.

I couldn't give a flying wotsit whether you are blind, deaf, black, white, physically and/or mentally disabled, your approach smacked of somebody not actually wanting help but wanting to have a good old fashioned rant. Well done, you've had your rant.

EDIT : I thought you said 'good riddance' last night? (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40652-Im-officially-DONE!!)

EDIT : And there you seem to have a PC, but you state XBOX1 in your opening post on here. I'm confused. Are you Motorhead Racer or somebody else?

hkraft300
11-10-2015, 12:27
Jaayysus he even PM'd me that post for good measure...
Cry baby much...

"Good riddance" alright

havocc
11-10-2015, 12:57
Chase Cam is crap in PCars.Just use a different view :cool:

Is crap in any game, if ppl like chase cam they better go play burnout or gta :rolleyes:

RTA nOsKiLlS
11-10-2015, 13:10
Is crap in any game, if ppl like chase cam they better go play burnout or gta :rolleyes:

I use chase cam all the time.

FOV 90
GFORCE movement 0
World Movement 50

Works perfectly for me.

I have seen the camera drop to the road level when going downhills, and you cannot see anything. If this is happening to you, set the World movement to 50 - 100.

To the chase cam haters, at least I can see who and whats around my car all the time. I've never had to message anyone saying "sorry I didn't see you, Im in bonnet/incar cam. But I've had those messages sent to me.

I use incar view in GTA5 more than I've ever used that view on any game.
;)

iKasbian
11-10-2015, 13:20
chase cam in game drops behind car on elevation changes in track which to be honest is making the game unplayable,solutions anyone? and no smart remarks about changing view as that is not helpful thanks xbox one

Change your camera view, can I suggest cockpit cam? Thats the only view I use, also, turn off all assists. Satisfaction guaranteed :cool: