PDA

View Full Version : Screen Freeze

miguel28
01-10-2015, 19:06
So as im playing with any car in any track the game stops, the image stops showing the car in the same position and the buttons and the audio still continue to work, because if a press the throttle i can ear the car sound, but the image stops and doesnt move.
Anyone with this issue and a way to solve it?

my specs

win 8.1
i7 4710HQ
8gb ram
AMD radeon R9 M265X

BullWinkle
01-10-2015, 19:21
So as im playing with any car in any track the game stops, the image stops showing the car in the same position and the buttons and the audio still continue to work, because if a press the throttle i can ear the car sound, but the image stops and doesnt move.
Anyone with this issue and a way to solve it?

my specs

win 8.1
i7 4710HQ
8gb ram
AMD radeon R9 M265X

First thing you can try is to delete the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file located here C:\Users\you\Documents\Project CARS., then startup Project Cars and redo your graphics settings, then restart the game.
How long does it take before your screen locks up? Is it with many AI on track? Is it ok in a practice session?:)

Mahjik
01-10-2015, 19:39
Check your Windows Event log. See if you notice any messages like "Display driver has stopped responding and has been restarted".

miguel28
01-10-2015, 20:02
First thing you can try is to delete the graphicsconfigdx11.xml file located here C:\Users\you\Documents\Project CARS., then startup Project Cars and redo your graphics settings, then restart the game.
How long does it take before your screen locks up? Is it with many AI on track? Is it ok in a practice session?:)

Normally two minutes and stops, its me alone on track, in practice session is the same thing.

miguel28
01-10-2015, 20:04
Check your Windows Event log. See if you notice any messages like "Display driver has stopped responding and has been restarted".

yeah i noticed a message like that, but is normally when the game stops and i go to task manager to finish the process and and i see a message like that.

Mahjik
01-10-2015, 20:11
yeah i noticed a message like that, but is normally when the game stops and i go to task manager to finish the process and and i see a message like that.

Then it's a driver or graphics card related problem. A few things to check/test:

1. Check your driver version. Sometimes you may need to go back a version or two to have a stable driver. Not poking at AMD here, but when I ran their cards, I always kept about 2-3 versions behind the latest for a stable driver.

2. Check your temps. It appears you are using a laptop and those doesn't fair very well with this title due to heat. Some laptop owners have been able to use the -fpscap option to lower the FPS while playing which limits how hard their laptop will work. This helped create stability on their devices.

etn
01-10-2015, 20:27
I posted the same issue here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21981-Unhandled-Exception-Trapped-Unable-to-Play&p=1136884&viewfull=1#post1136884)
Checked log event: display driver nvlddmkm has stopped working and has been restored. Nvidia 355.60 current driver.
As suggested in other thread I made many tests lowering video details without solution.
Freezing is random and happens after 10 mins or 1 hour, career, solo, online no matter game mode.
My pc in signature. No too high temps. Problems starting after Windows 10 upgrade.
Help to find a solution!

miguel28
01-10-2015, 20:45
Then it's a driver or graphics card related problem. A few things to check/test:

1. Check your driver version. Sometimes you may need to go back a version or two to have a stable driver. Not poking at AMD here, but when I ran their cards, I always kept about 2-3 versions behind the latest for a stable driver.

2. Check your temps. It appears you are using a laptop and those doesn't fair very well with this title due to heat. Some laptop owners have been able to use the -fpscap option to lower the FPS while playing which limits how hard their laptop will work. This helped create stability on their devices.

The 2 option work so perfectly, for now the game is running and i can finally play. Thank you so much. I really wanted to play this and now i can, thank you.

I'm gonna continue playing and i hope the problem is gone.