PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Seems like cheating

Gravit8
01-10-2015, 23:06

Near the Best I can manage with real brake fade and tire wear.

Tried to turn it off and run a lobby, but I had to compete against this guy playing by other rules than me.

How does this guy come into the lobby and get a different physics standard than me?
I set room to no tire wear and no damage, yet my tires are still 165 and my brakes exceed 1,000 degrees.
Optimal seems under 1,000

Not fair at all
Is he allowed that because he selected novice or amateur.
How are we racing entirely different.
wacked
He's got a second and a quarter on my time, but why wouldn't he? His car stays in the perfect optimal range no matter what?

Liquid7394
01-10-2015, 23:11
"Someone else is faster than me, he must be cheating"

Gravit8
01-10-2015, 23:14
"Someone else is faster than me, he must be cheating"

Thanks for wasted post.
He's certainly not playing by same set of rules. I have provided the evidence.
Explain it or get out. Don't need a smarty pants kid in here.

TheReaper GT
01-10-2015, 23:14
Tire wear and damage off do not interfere in compound temperature or grip.

Gravit8
01-10-2015, 23:21

then why do the temps not show up? And how come my temps are excessive. And his are non existent.
Something's not right. Can't do a lap that quick with no heat in brakes or tires.

He's obviously running at optimal temps. Even though that's not reflected in telemetry.
And I'm running over. In same lobby under same rules?
Not right.

Liquid7394
01-10-2015, 23:23
then why do they not show up? And how come my temps are excessive. And his are non existent.
Something's not right. Can't do a lap that quick with no heat in breaks or tires.
They never show up in spectator mode.

And no you didn't provide proof he's cheating.

TheReaper GT
01-10-2015, 23:24
then why do they not show up? And how come my temps are excessive. And his are non existent.
Something's not right. Can't do a lap that quick with no heat in breaks or tires.

He's obviously running at optimal temps. Even though that's not reflected in telemetry.
And I'm running well over. In same lobby under same rules?
Not right.

Well. Your should compare your settings with the screen. He is using track tires and maybe different tie pressures. I'm not sure that the screen is showing correct telemetry though. Sometimes bad connection, no matter in which end, can compromise telemetry data. He is a little faster than you and I really can't see a big deal there.

Umer Ahmad
01-10-2015, 23:25
You cannot see other players tyre physics data iirc.

I dont see evidence of cheating, Just missing information which i think is the (current?) game design

Gravit8
01-10-2015, 23:29

I want to know what's inhibiting his track temps and telemetry.
Mine worked like I expected. Yet his are non existent.
His are an exploit or cheat. Based on novice settings or amateur I'd guess.

TheReaper GT
01-10-2015, 23:32
I want to know what's inhibiting his track temps and telemetry.
Mine worked like I expected. Yet his are non existent.
His are an exploit or cheat. Based on novice settings or amateur I'd guess.

You just can't see other players tire data. In his screen you look the same.

Gravit8
01-10-2015, 23:34
You cannot see other players tyre physics data iirc.

I dont see evidence of cheating, Just missing information which i think is the (current?) game design

Ok thanks.
Why? Not like you could engineer a setup based off tire and brake temps.
Haha. It shows me the bar anyway. So I know guy hasn't even taking any air out of the front.
You can steal air pressures, but not examine temps. Weird.
Actually you could also steal his gear ratios if you wanted as well.
Might as well include temps.

3800racingfool
02-10-2015, 00:22
After 1 warm up lap I ran a 1.50.3 which was rather messy as I've never raced the 300SL on Laguna before. I'd say high 1.47s are easily possible with a good setup and some practice.

Gravit8
02-10-2015, 02:01
After 1 warm up lap I ran a 1.50.3 which was rather messy as I've never raced the 300SL on Laguna before. I'd say high 1.47s are easily possible with a good setup and some practice.

Yeah. That's been established. In the corner of screen. That's exactly the lap time displayed.

Not debating authenticity anymore.
I realize it was just missing info making it look like he's not dealing with brake temps and tire temps.
Which would make a substantial difference.

hkraft300
02-10-2015, 02:21
It sucks you can't see full temp data in spectate mode.
If your tires and brakes are cooking, gravit8, drive the old girl with some TLC :)

Edit: TLC = tender loving care

senn
02-10-2015, 02:23
I have been wondering why the time trials and events don't show what assists people are using, as they can account for a bigger loss or gain of time. Does pCars even run an anti cheat system on setups or packet editing etc?