PDA

View Full Version : ESL Project CARS Go4 Cups. Cash prizes up for grabs!

Pages : 1 [2]

Figuur84
24-02-2016, 09:27
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Feel free to keep it going whenever you have any!

I'm afraid that I don't know what you mean by "huge waiting times with protest tickets", as during cups they are being handled in maximum 20 minutes, since the cup can't advance without having the match solved. Would be good if you can provide some examples in private so I can have a better understanding of the situation.

Regarding admins, players have always called admins biased mainly because they do not always agree with the decisions that are based on the rule-book, and thus they think that admins are taking sides with their opponents. We have tried to avoid admin involvement as much as possible in other games by having game integrations, but it is impossible to have it for all games, unfortunately. To answer your question, it may happen that you can be accused that you're taking sides when it comes to a decision regarding some of your team mates.

As for the bracket, I'm not sure what you want to know. Can you please provide more insight?

Best Regards,
FoaMeA, ESL ProjectCARS Community Manager

Well, maybe I did not explain it that well. I did not measure time, but if it takes 20 minutes, then when replying in the 'protest chat' it takes another time. This means together it can take more then an hour for people further up the bracket before next race starts, we've had it a few times. This does not mean it takes always an hour or more before there is a descision, but the 'held up' for the whole bracket (and other drivers ) can take a lot of time.

As for the bracket, I would like to know wich 'formula' you use to fill them in. Who gets placed where on the bracket. Is this 'random' generated, is it filled in by an admin, or does it depend on the 'sign in' time?

FoaMeA
25-02-2016, 11:45
We didn't have any specific delays in cups so far, except when PS4 had issues and nobody could play. Other than that, as I said, I would need more details to look further into it.

We create the bracket based on the previous results. For each position in a cup, you receive an amount of points, called seeding points, which get you a better placing in the bracket. The admin simply runs a special script that adds a seeding rank for each player that has participated at least in 1 cup so far. The seeding rank can be seen in the bracket, in the first round, next to each player. The players that did not participated so far in an ESL cup will receive a randomized seeding rank.

As an example, there are 80 confirmed players from which 50 participated in at least 1 cup and 30 did not participated in any cups so far. Those 50 players will receive seeding ranks from 1 to 50, and the other 30 players will receive seeding ranks from 51 to 80, randomly.

I hope I made things clear for you. If not, you can always pop new questions in here. :-)

CoTiNhO
26-02-2016, 14:16
My biggest question is; Why the staff allow the players do "zigzag" (multiple changes of direction in straight) in ESL cups??? That's not seem a profesional work from part of the player, but firstly, from part of the staff. I had denounced, but the admins didn't nothing.

Other thing, one player crash into me, broke my race, and the staff says to replay the race. That's not equal. The wrecker may have a penalty and loose the race. Not crash other player and give the price to try to win again.

Patrick Kulinski
26-02-2016, 20:14
My biggest question is; Why the staff allow the players do "zigzag" (multiple changes of direction in straight) in ESL cups??? That's not seem a profesional work from part of the player, but firstly, from part of the staff. I had denounced, but the admins didn't nothing.

Other thing, one player crash into me, broke my race, and the staff says to replay the race. That's not equal. The wrecker may have a penalty and loose the race. Not crash other player and give the price to try to win again.I feel that the thing which is described here needs to be pushed further. Basically, people need to be aware of the basic "manners in racing" rule book which includes weaving, giving each other breathing room, waiting after crashing et al.

But to guarantee this it would be necessary to have referees attending almost every race which is not doable I guess. A question, how many referees are there on an average Sunday night?

FoaMeA
28-02-2016, 12:09
Thank you for your feedback, guys! I think it is safe to say that some of the most common ways of creating an incident should be part of the rule-book, as well as with their penalties.

Regarding your question, Patrick, unfortunately we only have 3 admins that are handling the cups on Sunday: KaiN, Th3Drummer and myself. We are always looking for help, so if anyone is interesting in giving a hand, feel free to apply to be an admin: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/admin_application

Patrick Kulinski
28-02-2016, 16:12
Regarding your question, Patrick, unfortunately we only have 3 admins that are handling the cups on Sunday: KaiN, Th3Drummer and myself. We are always looking for help, so if anyone is interesting in giving a hand, feel free to apply to be an admin: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/admin_application
I already did that a couple of weeks ago.

Patrick Kulinski
29-02-2016, 15:11
My application was denied, and what's interesting is that
1. It was an automated message and
2. no reason for the rejection was given. Either the reason was forgotten to be inserted or there was none as the message still contained a placeholder ("[GRUND DER ABLEHNUNG]", translated: "[REASON FOR DENIAL]").

If I understand you correctly then you should be starving for help. Then why don't you as ESL accept it when you're offered some? :confused:

FoaMeA
01-03-2016, 09:15
Hey Patrick,
Until today, neither me or any of the admins that we currently have, didn't see your name anywhere, not to mention ESL. We do not provide public information about applications. If you want to know more why your application was rejected, please contact us in private.

ralphy0502
04-03-2016, 15:00
I have given up on ESL races now. It takes to long.

I have some suggestions for improvements (if you could pass them on that would be great)

1: Bigger prize pool, for the amount of time it takes to complete the weekly event, it's not really worth the money. Im sure bigger prizes will bring more people in too.

2: There should be some kind of notifier that shows when there is a protest

3: Admins need to brush up on their "racing knowledge"

4: Brackets need to be 100% random

In my experience so far, I think the way the brackets are worked out are unfair. Look at the history of the PS4 brackets, you will notice generally it's always the same people in the same sections of brackets, once in a while it varies slightly. This needs to be 100% random. It seems to me that it is generally working on alphabetical order. when my name began with R i was always in the middle of the brackets, now it starts with V I am always at the bottom, or near the bottom.
If you want an example, DriverR1 and TSRacing_Atho always met in the final, it was extremely rare for them to meet any sooner. Driver always starts at the top and Atho is always at the bottom.

The admins need to brush up on their racing knowledge big time, in one of my first ESL races I was racing against a guy who was brake checking and swerving like no tomorrow, he braked in a straight line and i hit him, but the admins sided with him, WITH HIM. Seriously... I have heard no end of stories about this (i know some people can't accept losing), but I have also seen a few videos, there was a race at brands hatch i watched and one guy clearly pushed the other right off the track yet the admins sided with the guy who pushed him off...

The biggest issue of all for me though is the time it takes, last sunday it took almost 2 hours to complete 1 race. An hour was wasted because of what i assumed was a protest, as none of the guys involved bothered to message me back when asked. The other was wasted because of the games million odd bugs (irrelevant i know). A few weeks back I wasted two rounds in a row because the guys were involved in a protest yet somehow made it through to the next round, i finished a race with them only to find out he lost the protest so i had to do it again. People shouldn't be allowed through if theres an active protest.
When you have 20 or 30 people its not that bad, but when you have 40 or 50 people combined with the protest it can take some 6 or 7 hours to finish an event. I think a prize pool of €100 euro per week is more suitable for the time spent doing it.

Tuscan
07-03-2016, 07:09
Hi,
Here my semi-final race VS TSRacing_Atho at Watkins Glen
A very close race as we like :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rxvrDlz1YA

FoaMeA
07-03-2016, 08:43
Hey Ralphy,

I can only touch the subjects that are related to the ESL infrastructure.
- There should be some kind of notifier that shows when there is a protest -> There is already, you receive a personal message on ESL when a protest is created.

- Admins need to brush up on their "racing knowledge" -> I agree that we are not the best racing judges at this moment, but we're working on it. We also want to introduce in our rule-book a section that refers to all the incidents that happened so far and what are the penalties for them as I think this is the most problematic thing right now in our competitions.

- The biggest issue of all for me though is the time it takes -> You can imagine that we wish cups run smoothly but there's nothing we can do when the players that are involved in a protest are too slow in uploading the required replay of the race. We always try to speed up things but also to be fair to everyone.

- Brackets need to be 100% random -> This is a point with which I totally disagree. What you are suggesting is to give a chance to all those that never managed to win against the best players and that we should eliminate the best players from the competition by seeding them between each other. The purpose of a competition is to have the best players meet in the final stage. If nobody is able to beat them, it means that you are not worthy to be in the final.

Also, to clear something up, the brackets are made based on seeding points that each players gets by reaching a higher stage of the competition. It is not alphabetically at all. ;)

All in all, we are preparing some great changes and the PC version is the first to witness them. You will be able to read more later today by following our news section here: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/

Yorkie065
07-03-2016, 09:05
- Brackets need to be 100% random -> This is a point with which I totally disagree. What you are suggesting is to give a chance to all those that never managed to win against the best players and that we should eliminate the best players from the competition by seeding them between each other. The purpose of a competition is to have the best players meet in the final stage. If nobody is able to beat them, it means that you are not worthy to be in the final.

I'm going to have to disagree with what you said here. Looking at it from both sides, I can understand you're point with the whole point of the competition being with the best 2 drivers at the end, but that should be the best 2 drivers of that week! And it will be if it was random too! I can understand Ralphy's view where if the same 40 drivers were to enter week on week, but the same 4 drivers were making it to the semi's and then finals, what is the point of competing for the other 36 drivers? It's just a 4 driver competition. If it were to be more randomised, there would be a chance for 2 top drivers to meet head to head earlier on, causing a potential "upset" and giving those who are quick, but aren't the quickest, a chance of making the finals to grab some prize money. To me that would be more appealing to enter, and also add more of a "story" to the tournament.

TonyR
08-03-2016, 12:03
- The biggest issue of all for me though is the time it takes -> You can imagine that we wish cups run smoothly but there's nothing we can do when the players that are involved in a protest are too slow in uploading the required replay of the race. We always try to speed up things but also to be fair to everyone.

Even if there aren't any delays a tournament with 64 people takes 4 hours. Everyone is complaing about that fact from the beginning of pCars ESL.
Tournaments are too long.

I was hoping that races with more than 2 people would come soon, that would also eliminate the time problem as there need to be less races.

FoaMeA
08-03-2016, 15:52
It's that time of the year when wishes come true immediately, TonyR! :D
We just announced the introduction of larger grids in the PC version of the Go4. Read more about it: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/news/263834/

Joseph Barron
08-03-2016, 16:00
It's that time of the year when wishes come true immediately, TonyR! :D
We just announced the introduction of larger grids in the PC version of the Go4. Read more about it: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/news/263834/

Hi everyone. Please note that this is ESL's first test using this method, which is why it is PC only for now. Based on how this goes, it will be rolled out to the other platforms.

ESL is also working on a more long-term solution for this, which will use more automation and rely less on their forums for organisation. More news about that in the coming months.

Tuscan
09-03-2016, 06:22
hello, the PC final tonight will stream by Maxou_Lepilote here :) : https://www.twitch.tv/maxou_lepilote

Kevin Leaune
09-03-2016, 23:19
Hi everybody !

We distribute and comment on the final one xbox live on Twitch .

Here are the videos :)

Race 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLHMd13DV9c

Race 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CFtdsticmI

ralphy0502
10-03-2016, 07:52
Hey Ralphy,

I can only touch the subjects that are related to the ESL infrastructure.
- There should be some kind of notifier that shows when there is a protest -> There is already, you receive a personal message on ESL when a protest is created.

- Admins need to brush up on their "racing knowledge" -> I agree that we are not the best racing judges at this moment, but we're working on it. We also want to introduce in our rule-book a section that refers to all the incidents that happened so far and what are the penalties for them as I think this is the most problematic thing right now in our competitions.

Also, to clear something up, the brackets are made based on seeding points that each players gets by reaching a higher stage of the competition. It is not alphabetically at all. ;)

All in all, we are preparing some great changes and the PC version is the first to witness them. You will be able to read more later today by following our news section here: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/

Sorry, I should of been a little more clear with that. What I mean is, say for example I am in the Semi Finals, and the quarters for the other part of the bracket are in a protest.... I will not know there is a protest unless I am told by someone in that quarters which then leaves me in the dark as to what is happening, does that make sense? If I was involved in that protest then yes everyone in that round is notified, I understand what you mean there..

Excellent, that will make a lot of people in the tournaments happy :-).

I think the thing that would make this less of a problem for people is upping the prize fund (but as you haven't mentioned anything about prize money I guess that isn't related to you)

No I'm not suggesting that at all, if it is 100% random then the best players will make their way through anyway, if they happen to face eachother then they face eachother, if they don't then they don't. Currently there is one or two very fast guys generally always in the top, but the bottom bracket has the rest of the very fast guys. Have you not noticed how the person that reaches the finals from the bottom half of the brackets is always different now? Having the brackets worked out in the current way just favours one particular person from the top half.

Can you honestly sit there and say it is fair to have the brackets worked out in such a way that the same person every week has it easy until the final? almost guaranteeing that person a spot in the final.

ralphy0502
10-03-2016, 07:56
I'm going to have to disagree with what you said here. Looking at it from both sides, I can understand you're point with the whole point of the competition being with the best 2 drivers at the end, but that should be the best 2 drivers of that week! And it will be if it was random too! I can understand Ralphy's view where if the same 40 drivers were to enter week on week, but the same 4 drivers were making it to the semi's and then finals, what is the point of competing for the other 36 drivers? It's just a 4 driver competition. If it were to be more randomised, there would be a chance for 2 top drivers to meet head to head earlier on, causing a potential "upset" and giving those who are quick, but aren't the quickest, a chance of making the finals to grab some prize money. To me that would be more appealing to enter, and also add more of a "story" to the tournament.

This hits the nail on the head.

On PS4 I can say for a fact there is no "hands down best driver", there are 7 or so of the fastest guys around that can all beat each other, the winner is generally determined by who makes a mistake or gets the best start.

Magictap
14-03-2016, 09:25
hiya all, tried my first PC ESL Cup (#24) last night as they were trying larger lobbies on PC not just the usual 1 vs 1. My Qualifier, Semi and Final captures are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBsfoutk-6lwrZhbsERCnMVVNoZwRqg7L

My question is, how is it possible to brake like some of the other competitors do in my racers, especially the final??? I use a Thrustmaster TX with T3PA pedals and am on the limit of spinning when braking hard, but am made to look like a sunday driver on the brakes!!!

gmspromo
14-03-2016, 10:56
hiya all, tried my first PC ESL Cup (#24) last night as they were trying larger lobbies on PC not just the usual 1 vs 1. My Qualifier, Semi and Final captures are here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBsfoutk-6lwrZhbsERCnMVVNoZwRqg7L

My question is, how is it possible to brake like some of the other competitors do in my racers, especially the final??? I use a Thrustmaster TX with T3PA pedals and am on the limit of spinning when braking hard, but am made to look like a sunday driver on the brakes!!!

I've wondered the same thing while racing some of the guys online ... yourself included!! Is it a case of using a very small amount of throttle while braking to stabilise the car? This is more effective in certain types of cars, but aside from this, I'd also like to know how some people get away with braking like they do without spinning or overshooting some corners ...

TonyR
14-03-2016, 11:56

You have 60 Liters in your tank, maybe the others didn't ;)
It could be the problem of using default setups.

On a positive note, the new system looks very promising, I'll try to participate next Sunday, see you then!

Magictap
14-03-2016, 18:22
yeah possibly, although some of the out braking would suggest even 60 litres lighter wouldn't make that much difference!!! Good shout though, didn't know about that bug

TonyR
20-03-2016, 21:50
Hey guys!

First time I could take part in a cup with the new race format.

Thank you very much for introducing it, that's so much more fun than 1v1 and eliminates so many problems, very nice.

However, there is still work to do, my thoughts:

- Races tonight at Bathurst were too long. Laps need to be adjusted to the lap times so the race length is always about the same or we could do timed races.
Why? Well, it makes it easier to plan ahead time wise and you might be able to condense the whole cup a bit more. Also as a streamer it would be nice to know some times because people are constantly asking when the cup continues.

- That brings me to the 2nd point. Time between the races. I know, right now you have to do it all by yourself Foame, which takes some time but maybe you could work out some kind of guideline to make things easier.
What do I mean? Something like "the 6 people from Quali 1 race together with the 6 people from Quali 2 in Semi-Final 1, Host will be Winner from Quali 1" (with host being the most important info here).
Of course there might be changes and adjustments from time to time but it would make things more clear to all participants where they have to go (especially the host can prepare faster for the situation)

- I don't see a reason for deactivating tire wear anymore. Many people watching my stream ask me why we are driving with unrealistic settings like deactivated wear/fuel usage and default setups.
I can understand the default setups (although I don't like that rule) because of time savings in preparation, so I also understand deactivated fuel usage because with default setups it's sometimes not reliable how much fuel you get but I don't see a reason for deactivated tire wear anymore (Wasn't that introduced because of the tire model that ran the tires quite hot for some people who had than immense wear? Well, that's not the case anymore I'm sure)

- a minor thing: additionally to adjusted lap counts per track I would recommend to drive less laps in the qualifiers than in semi-final and final. That gives the finals more weight and doesn't take away so much time. (Reason for that is easy, in Qualifiers lap time differences between best and worst are so huge that the races are over quite fast, for example today it was decided after 5 laps in my qualifier. The first 6 people were ahead by a minute or something). So I would make the Quali-Run half the length of the final runs.

Hope the feedback is helpful and thanks again for all the work ;)
Best Regards,
Tony

TonyR
21-03-2016, 19:37
- a minor thing: additionally to adjusted lap counts per track I would recommend to drive less laps in the qualifiers than in semi-final and final. That gives the finals more weight and doesn't take away so much time. (Reason for that is easy, in Qualifiers lap time differences between best and worst are so huge that the races are over quite fast, for example today it was decided after 5 laps in my qualifier. The first 6 people were ahead by a minute or something). So I would make the Quali-Run half the length of the final runs.

Just to back up this point, you can see in this video that after 5 laps the first 6 people were already a minute ahead. Of course, especially on tracks like Bathurst anything can happen but I think 7 laps would have been enough for that qualifying round :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=204izjSWawc

Joseph Barron
22-03-2016, 07:57
Hi Tony. ESL and I have had a chat about some of your ideas. You can expect to run slightly fewer laps in the early rounds in future events.

Joseph Barron
22-03-2016, 16:10
Hello everyone. I am please to confirm that, starting with this Sunday's Go4 Cup #26, ESL will now run 12-player grids on all platforms.

Full details are at:
http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/playstation/news/264132/

mangator
23-03-2016, 12:06
Here is the video of my race, once again khaki made it hard :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmSKL_GIFIc

jjstyle333
25-03-2016, 09:03
upcoming sunday is the first time I will join a race with you guys.
I have one little question, what about liveries? Does have anybody a specific livery or is it random?

TonyR
25-03-2016, 16:20
upcoming sunday is the first time I will join a race with you guys.
I have one little question, what about liveries? Does have anybody a specific livery or is it random?

It doesn't matter :)

jjstyle333
26-03-2016, 09:38
It doesn't matter :)

Okay, thanks for answering.

Joseph Barron
01-04-2016, 16:06
In case you've missed it: the signup pages for this Sunday's Cups are now live, a little later than usual!

http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/

miagi
03-04-2016, 20:47
Joined the EU cup #27, was not amused with the driving standards of SDL Yoohan.

http://youtu.be/N7hbLSgAqss
And the whole Final till Yoohan destroyed my car:

https://youtu.be/8fUCrwGzaJo

As his driving so is his language also not very polite.

http://i.imgur.com/7CuSdhB.jpg

But I guess the only thing that matters in pCARS eSport is the lap time. Btw. I was quicker than him on that combo.

Semi final final result, position and lap time:

Th3Pr0ph3cy
03-04-2016, 21:33
At the final of the ESL Go4 #27 Cup there was an issue which causes some confusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9412&v=IdPt1G-0B2E
at 2:36:52 you can see Tuscan on 2nd place... but if he crosses the finish line it changes to first place and at the upcoming result table Tuscan remains 1st, even if the video replay is showing that he finished 2nd.

I would like to hear a word from the developers to this issue. Is it a bug or a syncing issue caused by lag?

miagi
03-04-2016, 21:33
But probably even worse. AOD_ph33rz overtook BAM Tuscan on the last lap in the final and won, but pCARS shows wrong results were BAM Tuscan is on P1.
That is another reason why pCARS is not ready to hold price money cups.

Here is the finish, really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFy_0XLcdpE
video by Puffpirate

ph33rz - grey
Tuscan - purple

This is the bugged result screen. Look how BAM Tuscan is 0.001s in front of AOD_ph33rz. That is suspicious isn't it?!

falcon2081
04-04-2016, 04:46
Seriously what a joke lol...

Joseph Barron
04-04-2016, 08:45
I'll mention this to the team today and see what they think.

Does anybody know if AOD_ph33rz had a penalty of any kind? Had he been cutting corners/running wide regularly during the race?

FoaMeA
04-04-2016, 10:39
Hey guys,

We have also fixed the results on the ESL page. You can see them here: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/major/go4projectcars-europe/cup-27/rankings

See you next weekend! :-)

Mezzanine
04-04-2016, 11:14
Not listing the right results is in the game since release and has been reported multiple times already.

gmspromo
04-04-2016, 11:36
Not listing the right results is in the game since release and has been reported multiple times already.

This is a major issue in multiplayer full stop. I've experianced this numerous times and it's mentioned numerous times in the pages of these forums. I thought this was on SMS's list of things to fix ... but we all know we are winding down with Pcars in favour of Pcars 2 ...

Jan Studenski
04-04-2016, 21:12

Does anybody know if AOD_ph33rz had a penalty of any kind? Had he been cutting corners/running wide regularly during the race?

The results showed BAM_tuscan as the winner, but replay confirmed AOD_ph33rz [WW] as the race winner, which was afterwards confirmed

Both guys didnt get any cut track penalties in the race but they used the track at the limits

I also wanna mention that this driving behaviour of some guy in the races (Quali, Semi, Finale) (namely SDL Yohann and Aris3) was seen by the ESL-admin (i think so to 90%) but he doesnt do anything against it
Some of the manoveurs were clearly attemps to ramm people offtrack to gain places - ie. this video of the semifinale which i lost my 6th place cause someone couldnt play fair and also got alot of damage cause someone ran purposelly in my rear/side https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t73L6FDUWow

miagi
04-04-2016, 22:10
Hey guys,

We have also fixed the results on the ESL page. You can see them here: http://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/projectcars-pc/major/go4projectcars-europe/cup-27/rankings

See you next weekend! :-)

Thank you FoaMeA for your support of pCARS in the ESL. Well done about the ranking, keep up the good job :]

If no one else jumps in I try to answer the questions. I think if someone does a jump start and the game detects it as a jump start, the disqualifying feature is pretty solid here. He didn't had a time resp. cut track penalty in the race, that is for sure.

Only thing that can mess up the racing is an unsynchronized start. Unfortunately pCARS works in a bit silly way, it starts counting the time when the race starts and ends when the driver crosses the finish line and then just comperes the times. That sounds good on the first look and might be logical but fails brutally when an unsynchronized start happens. In such an occasion I can notice that some ppl start earlier than me and some later but all actually start when they see green.
However an unsynchronized did not happen in that race. It was a different bug. The bug can be seen in the result screen 0.001 s esp. in that constellation is nonsense.

---Different Topic---

Based on my yesterday experience I'd just like to tell a little story about the atmosphere I experienced. I joined the cup with Puffpirate and BlueMonkey and today was streaming the races. We were all in TS and had a lot of fun joking around before the first round even started. So for that reason it was a funny evening.
But how would I felt if I was alone and joined the event. Then I think I'd rated yesterday experience pretty negative. But let me explain by telling you the story.
The Semi-Final started with the Quali. I was running my laps and tried to improve my time. Behind me was SDL Yoohan and in one or two of my less quick laps he closed up a bit resp. he could close up on my draft too. He might or might not had the impression that I'm slowing him down. But I was just doing my hot laps and I didn't had a lap that I clearly messed up so I didn't let him just by because that would cost me a lap. SDL Yoohan behind me could have slow down in one lap and drive freely in the next, time wasn't such an issue. Instead in a lap SDL Yoohan closed up on my draft and divebomed me on the hairpin of Hockenheim. Now let's be honest, attempting an overtake clearly slows a lap down making it impossible to improve, at least on the level we were trying to reach. So instead of him slowing down, losing a lap but then drive freely, SDL Yoohan decided to divebomb me, messing up my lap and his lap. After the hairpin we were still close together, our cars touch, and we both spun I think, unfortunate but well, I thought.
Now that already would have been an unpleasant experience for someone that is new to pCARS and tries to find high level racing in pCARS.
However SDL Yoohans behavior right after that showed me how cocky he is, as he threatened me that if I do such a thing again, he will report me. I wasn't blocking him, he divebombed my messing up my quali lap like I'm an unimportant cpu-car and then he threaten me for the upcoming race. He really must feel like he is sitting on a high horse, disrespecting others because he did a few TT laps in the past.
But on a personal note, TT is one thing and his race craft was rather poor as he also had accidents with Puffpirate where he treated his car like it's thin air and also he couldn't overtake me cleanly he just bumped into my rear pushing me out of the way, I guess he does that with all cars that are driving in front of him? Quick TT laps doesn't make a good racer so there was really no need for him to feel like a king joining a race.

Okay enough of the personal note, now back on the story, think you're a new player and want to try out what pCARS offers you. On your first cup you participate, you do nothing wrong, someone divebombs you in a quali-session and then on the next corner cars touch and two spin out and you get threatened with report by someone that thinks of himself that he is a big-wig. How many ppl would have, based on such an experience, said:"Yes I'd doing that again next weekend!".

I mean he is there with his tag representing SDL and then acting like that?! Someone that is new to pCARS and maybe just noticed SMS Championship, what would he think? He'd think, if that are the "top guys" how bad is the rest of the community. And that would be unfortunate because from WMD we still have a lot of good gentlemen around some of them still racing active in RSR :P

Joseph Barron
05-04-2016, 09:08
Hi Miagi. Thank you for sharing such a well-written and thoughtful post.

While it is perfectly reasonable for one driver to pass another in qualifying, I agree that pushing someone off the track and then threatening them doesn't set a very good precedent for driver behaviour in these Cups or any other event.

I understand that ESL is working on a more robust list of penalties for the Cups now that we have larger grids. Hopefully this will encourage better behaviour.

In the meantime, please continue to describe your experiences in the Cups as posts like these are very useful to have, both to SMS and ESL.

I'll pass on your comment about "unsynchronised starts" to our team as well.

Patrick Kulinski
05-04-2016, 17:11
Just to add it to the discussion here, now that we have 4 races max to monitor at one time per platform, I suggest to assign one "ESL track marshal" (or more, but one should suffice) as a spectator to every race held. This way, problems could be sorted out quickly and issues could be checked way faster/real-time.

What you also could do is creating a workaround for the start-lights-desync by having someone calling out the starting sequence.

FoaMeA
06-04-2016, 13:59
Hey Patrick,

Thank you for your suggestion. As much as we'd love to have 1 ESL Marshal per group, we are currently a bit short on staff and we don't have 12 guys that can be in 12 races in the same time. We'll keep it in mind once we manage to get enough admins in our squad.

_MB_
06-04-2016, 14:54
We have a race marshall in all our races to keep the races clean and fair and it sounds this is definitely what esports needs.I know he would probably be interested in this.

Mezzanine
10-04-2016, 12:18

Are there any news on this?
I also would like to know (as your defaultsetup championship's starting soon) if the fuel amount will be fixed.

Th3Pr0ph3cy
10-04-2016, 19:43
We have a race marshall in all our races to keep the races clean and fair and it sounds this is definitely what esports needs.I know he would probably be interested in this.

That would be very very necessary. The races today were totally disastrous. If you try to drive clean and brake to not hit the car in front of you (like good drivers do), you get rammed from behind. They don't even know where the brake is, I guess. That makes no sense. You can only come away from this if you start on 1st or 2nd place and drive like the devil is behind you, so the insane drivers are not in reach to kick you off track!:monkey:

Mezzanine
16-04-2016, 14:06

Project Cars showing wrong results is a common bug since release. It happened in the last RSR Race, also in the ESL Races.
It's no problem in RSR as we speak on ts and try to behave as grownups so the result is corrected afterwards, but it gives bad mood in lots of other situations.

Come on guys a racing game should be able to show the right results and get the wright people on the podium, don't you think so?

SpeedFreakDTM
19-04-2016, 08:35
Thank you FoaMeA for your support of pCARS in the ESL. Well done about the ranking, keep up the good job :]

If no one else jumps in I try to answer the questions. I think if someone does a jump start and the game detects it as a jump start, the disqualifying feature is pretty solid here. He didn't had a time resp. cut track penalty in the race, that is for sure.

Only thing that can mess up the racing is an unsynchronized start. Unfortunately pCARS works in a bit silly way, it starts counting the time when the race starts and ends when the driver crosses the finish line and then just comperes the times. That sounds good on the first look and might be logical but fails brutally when an unsynchronized start happens. In such an occasion I can notice that some ppl start earlier than me and some later but all actually start when they see green.
However an unsynchronized did not happen in that race. It was a different bug. The bug can be seen in the result screen 0.001 s esp. in that constellation is nonsense.

---Different Topic---

Based on my yesterday experience I'd just like to tell a little story about the atmosphere I experienced. I joined the cup with Puffpirate and BlueMonkey and today was streaming the races. We were all in TS and had a lot of fun joking around before the first round even started. So for that reason it was a funny evening.
But how would I felt if I was alone and joined the event. Then I think I'd rated yesterday experience pretty negative. But let me explain by telling you the story.
The Semi-Final started with the Quali. I was running my laps and tried to improve my time. Behind me was SDL Yoohan and in one or two of my less quick laps he closed up a bit resp. he could close up on my draft too. He might or might not had the impression that I'm slowing him down. But I was just doing my hot laps and I didn't had a lap that I clearly messed up so I didn't let him just by because that would cost me a lap. SDL Yoohan behind me could have slow down in one lap and drive freely in the next, time wasn't such an issue. Instead in a lap SDL Yoohan closed up on my draft and divebomed me on the hairpin of Hockenheim. Now let's be honest, attempting an overtake clearly slows a lap down making it impossible to improve, at least on the level we were trying to reach. So instead of him slowing down, losing a lap but then drive freely, SDL Yoohan decided to divebomb me, messing up my lap and his lap. After the hairpin we were still close together, our cars touch, and we both spun I think, unfortunate but well, I thought.
Now that already would have been an unpleasant experience for someone that is new to pCARS and tries to find high level racing in pCARS.
However SDL Yoohans behavior right after that showed me how cocky he is, as he threatened me that if I do such a thing again, he will report me. I wasn't blocking him, he divebombed my messing up my quali lap like I'm an unimportant cpu-car and then he threaten me for the upcoming race. He really must feel like he is sitting on a high horse, disrespecting others because he did a few TT laps in the past.
But on a personal note, TT is one thing and his race craft was rather poor as he also had accidents with Puffpirate where he treated his car like it's thin air and also he couldn't overtake me cleanly he just bumped into my rear pushing me out of the way, I guess he does that with all cars that are driving in front of him? Quick TT laps doesn't make a good racer so there was really no need for him to feel like a king joining a race.

Okay enough of the personal note, now back on the story, think you're a new player and want to try out what pCARS offers you. On your first cup you participate, you do nothing wrong, someone divebombs you in a quali-session and then on the next corner cars touch and two spin out and you get threatened with report by someone that thinks of himself that he is a big-wig. How many ppl would have, based on such an experience, said:"Yes I'd doing that again next weekend!".

I mean he is there with his tag representing SDL and then acting like that?! Someone that is new to pCARS and maybe just noticed SMS Championship, what would he think? He'd think, if that are the "top guys" how bad is the rest of the community. And that would be unfortunate because from WMD we still have a lot of good gentlemen around some of them still racing active in RSR :P

If its qualifying, and you are being caught by the car behind, they must be going faster than you. So its really very simple. GET OUT OF THE WAY.

The lobbies I race in, if you block, or just get in the way during qualifying, then your very likely to find yourself examining a wall very closely, and then being removed from the lobby as your bouncing off the wall. It depends who the host is, but one of my friends has a ZERO tolerance for qualifying nonsense.

You may well have been trying to get a lap in, but there is a car who keeps catching you, and your aware of it. BLUE flag for you pal. He obviously got fed up of catching you, and just forced his way past.

Had you gotten out of the way, that wouldn't have happened. Cars that are seriously off the pace, wouldn't be allowed to race.

You say time wasn't an issue, so why not just let the faster car go by. I cannot stand having a car up my rear bumper when Im trying to qualify, I'll always move over, and find some track space.

Yorkie065
19-04-2016, 09:03
If its qualifying, and you are being caught by the car behind, they must be going faster than you. So its really very simple. GET OUT OF THE WAY.

The lobbies I race in, if you block, or just get in the way during qualifying, then your very likely to find yourself examining a wall very closely, and then being removed from the lobby as your bouncing off the wall. It depends who the host is, but one of my friends has a ZERO tolerance for qualifying nonsense.

You may well have been trying to get a lap in, but there is a car who keeps catching you, and your aware of it. BLUE flag for you pal. He obviously got fed up of catching you, and just forced his way past.

Had you gotten out of the way, that wouldn't have happened. Cars that are seriously off the pace, wouldn't be allowed to race.

You say time wasn't an issue, so why not just let the faster car go by. I cannot stand having a car up my rear bumper when Im trying to qualify, I'll always move over, and find some track space.

This I disagree with.

If you are on a flying lap you have no obligation to move out the way, even if being caught. It's the other persons duty to ensure they have enough space for their flying lap. If I'm on a flying lap and being caught, I won't move out the way unless I am down on the lap and know I have no chance of improving, only then would I pull over to one side. If the faster person wants to try and overtake I will let them past but if I'm on a good lap, I'm not going to pull over to one side to let them through.

If I'm not on a flying lap, either on an in or out lap, or I've made a mistake somewhere on the lap and knowing I won't be able to make up the time and going round to start another, then yes, move over when safe to do so in a predictable manner. But people shouldn't just clear the road to make way. Obviously common sense comes in to play with regards to amount of time left in the session, but it's not my problem if the person behind didn't leave enough space for themselves and their lap.

t0daY
19-04-2016, 09:41
This I disagree with.

If you are on a flying lap you have no obligation to move out the way, even if being caught. It's the other persons duty to ensure they have enough space for their flying lap. If I'm on a flying lap and being caught, I won't move out the way unless I am down on the lap and know I have no chance of improving, only then would I pull over to one side. If the faster person wants to try and overtake I will let them past but if I'm on a good lap, I'm not going to pull over to one side to let them through.

If I'm not on a flying lap, either on an in or out lap, or I've made a mistake somewhere on the lap and knowing I won't be able to make up the time and going round to start another, then yes, move over when safe to do so in a predictable manner. But people shouldn't just clear the road to make way. Obviously common sense comes in to play with regards to amount of time left in the session, but it's not my problem if the person behind didn't leave enough space for themselves and their lap.

Cant agree more with you yorkie. You have time in your outlap to position your car to get ready for your fast lap. Thats the common thing which is done in real life and most of our communites here. Only because the driver behind you is faster in the qualifying does not mean your fast attempt is worthless and you have to let pass every car behind you which is might slighlty faster.

Tuscan
25-04-2016, 12:55
Final ESL cup 30 :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YwP1v6WuJk