PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] AI Slow out of pit at Ruapuna

cry4dawn
02-10-2015, 14:06
I was driving the Trans Am race at Ruapuna and noticed (couldn't help but notice) that the AI cars are extremely slow coming out of the pits. I was behind an AI car and it didn't speed up util it was well on the track and halfway to turn 1! There were some AI cars that crashed into the cars coming out of the pit because they come out onto the raceline long before they begin to accelerate. I also had to perform evasive maneuvers to avoid them quite a few times.

Schnizz58
02-10-2015, 14:48
I've seen this also.

Roger Prynne
02-10-2015, 16:40
Can you do a short video to show this, as it will help the Devs to nail it down..... thanks.

Schnizz58
02-10-2015, 16:43
Can you do a short video to show this, as it will help the Devs to nail it down..... thanks.
I will try to do one tonight but it's really easy to see. Just start a practice session and drive out of the pits along with all the other AI. You'll get control of your car right at the pit exit but the AI ahead of you won't accelerate until they're in the middle of the track. You have to go around them to avoid a collision.

TheReaper GT
02-10-2015, 16:52
Never saw this one. But in some qualify sessions one or two AI just stop after exit the pits. Than if you touch the rear of those cars, they wake up and all goes back o normal.

Schnizz58
03-10-2015, 03:02
Roger here's a link to my clip. Look at the AI in front of me. He doesn't speed up until he's well out on the track.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=96C4148DDB80B14F!110&authkey=!AE51Fjzi6yBTZ0c&ithint=video%2cmp4

The problem that causes is that you need the early release to get up some speed before you get spit out onto the track. That helps avoid getting run over by a car coming down the straight. Which is exactly what is happening.

Roger Prynne
03-10-2015, 10:32
Thanks Schnizz

Schnizz58
03-10-2015, 15:11
No worries. Thanks for taking it to the devs for us. I'd have reported this sooner but for some reason I thought it was already on the list.

cry4dawn
14-12-2015, 17:41
Ran another race at Ruapuna last week in the LMP cars and this is still a big issue. I come out of the pits in practice and have to swerve and avoid the AI car that is coming out in front of me. I've gotten into the habit of running the inside of the front straight so I don't run into the AI, but it makes the turn 1 and 2 complex VERY slow...