PDA

View Full Version : Setting Settings

tclancey
02-10-2015, 20:43
When are we going to get a sensible way of managing car settings? I'm sorry but it's awful at the moment.

If you're stuck with ideas just use the Forza model where you attach setups to the car, not the track. The car setups should then be available on any track for that car. It's pretty simple.

And I'm not sure what the garage is for at the moment, you can load a setup for a track and edit it without being able to test it and you can't copy a setup to a different location. So why is the garage even there?

Mahjik
02-10-2015, 20:46
you can't copy a setup to a different location. So why is the garage even there?

You cannot directly copy it, but you can load it from one track and then re-save it to another (whether single track, groups of tracks or all tracks). I do this all the time if I got a good base setup for one track and don't want to start from scratch on a similar track.

tclancey
02-10-2015, 21:11
That's one of the things I really want to achieve, how do you do that? I can't see anything on the screen that allows that functionality?

Spitfire77
02-10-2015, 21:15
That's one of the things I really want to achieve, how do you do that? I can't see anything on the screen that allows that functionality?

Load a tune from a track you have created for the car you are using. Then go to edit current.. then go to save it. In the save window you can select which tracks you save the tune to.

But yes.. I would prefer the setups to not be tied to the tracks. Hoping they change this for pCARS 2. Would rather have multiple slots for each car to make tunes. The slots can be named. Then can be selected when the car is chosen or after loading up to a track before leaving the pits.

Mahjik
02-10-2015, 21:16

What I do is in the Garage, I do LOAD SETUP and go to the track (say Road America) and load that setup for my selected car. Once the setup is loaded, I move an option forward and back to make it appear like I changed something but it's back to the original setup. The SAVE should now be available and you can save it to another track (or groups of tracks).

EDIT: It's been a long time since I've needed to do this, so you may or may not need to "fake" a change for the save to be useable.

tclancey
02-10-2015, 21:31
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. :)

Schnizz58
02-10-2015, 21:33
EDIT: It's been a long time since I've needed to do this, so you may or may not need to "fake" a change for the save to be useable.
You don't need to fake it anymore. You can just load the setup, go to save, select the new track to save to and then save it.

Carinis
02-10-2015, 21:39
The setups are a total mess, only one per car per track is just plain stupid when u have more than one weather type.

Roger Prynne
02-10-2015, 21:56
Yeah we all know and admit that it's a mess at the moment.... but that's the way it is for now I'm afraid, and no amount of complaining is going to do much about it.