PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED PATCH5] Watkins Glen frame rate issue

wraithsrike
02-10-2015, 23:25
Getting really bad frame rate drop on this track ( Xbox ) doing a GT 4 championship at the moment and on the sweeping curve the frame rate is really bad, is this a known issue?

wraithsrike
03-10-2015, 09:26
Nobody else getting this?

Pick1name
03-10-2015, 09:45
I see this problem on the ps4 and it gets worse as you drive towards the next curve after the large sweeping curve on the gp course, and is most evident when it is raining.

Poulka
03-10-2015, 09:48
I think I have seen it will have to test to be sure it's been a while since I raced at the Glen.

wraithsrike
03-10-2015, 10:12
Just want to make sure it's not just me, the weather is fog and the frame rate drop really feels like it's costing me time.

svenvangent
03-10-2015, 12:03
I'm on PS4

Yes I have also on one place stuttering at Watkins Glen this after turn 5 " Outer Loop " .

TheReaper GT
03-10-2015, 12:22
Same here, no matter grid size, leaving the outer loop, through the middle of the chute.

poirqc
03-10-2015, 12:31
I did lots of TT on that track, and indeed, the FPS do slows down a small bit there.

Not enough to cause any issues on my side, but i did notice it.

wraithsrike
03-10-2015, 14:55
I'm on PS4

Yes I have also on one place stuttering at Watkins Glen this after turn 5 " Outer Loop " .

Yep that's the place, it's really bad when fog is present, I've turned off all the visual effects but it's still bad.

Shame I love this track but was glad when this race was over, hope the team are aware of this maybe it will be addressed at some point.

RTA nOsKiLlS
03-10-2015, 16:33
I'm on PS4

I also get it after turn 5, and between 8-9.

I've noticed, if its the 1st race from turning the console on, its pretty smooth. But a few races into the night, and its like it was when the game first came out. Its caused me to quit and hard reset, then its ok.

Light cloud was the weather. GT3.

Elmo
03-10-2015, 17:11
We identified this issue as well and the performance will be improved with Patch 5.

svenvangent
03-10-2015, 18:01
Thank youououowhooooooooo

Cholton82
03-10-2015, 18:07
We identified this issue as well and the performance will be improved with Patch 5.

And what else :witless:

Dresden
04-10-2015, 06:37
Sorry. I wouldn't know.

I have yet to race Watkins Glen and have had the game almost six months. Ha! Just goes to show just how awesome the other tracks are. Just today I will spend hours racing and practicing at Imola. I have used Watkins Glen on Forza 6 and it seems a pretty cool track. One of these days I'll find out!

Awesome to get feedback from SMS. If only Tmiuns10 did that...

Cheesenium
04-10-2015, 07:07
Sorry. I wouldn't know.

I have yet to race Watkins Glen and have had the game almost six months. Ha! Just goes to show just how awesome the other tracks are. Just today I will spend hours racing and practicing at Imola. I have used Watkins Glen on Forza 6 and it seems a pretty cool track. One of these days I'll find out!

Awesome to get feedback from SMS. If only Tmiuns10 did that...

There are still tonnes of track I havent explored much, even after years with this game under WMD. It is insane in a good way on how many tracks this game has. Watkins Glen is one of them, despite it was one of the first few tracks in the game, I never drove much on it even till now. Still, glad to see that the FPS issues will be fixed in Patch 5.

A different class on a different track, it just becomes something new to challenge myself entirely each time. I am sort of convinced that having more different classes with a huge track roster is the way to go for racing games as it gives tremendous amount of replayibility.

N0body Of The Goat
04-10-2015, 08:10
Not driven here in a while, with my cpu and gpu at default settings (for a change, instead of being overclocked), I went from ~61fps to ~46fps in Free Practice through this section.

Tim Foster
04-10-2015, 10:02
There are normally leaves on the track that are disturbed by cars at this point so perhaps the issue is associated with those?

Anyway Elmo has indicated that SMS are on top of it so all good! :applause: