PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis Raceway

BuffaloD
03-10-2015, 02:32
Gran Turismo will have the Indianapolis Raceway. Release date - early 2016. OK Project Cars. Are you gonna "beat them to the punch" ?

yusupov
03-10-2015, 02:33
i think they will but i am going on very, very little.

blacknred81
03-10-2015, 03:08
Gran Turismo will have the Indianapolis Raceway. Release date - early 2016. OK Project Cars. Are you gonna "beat them to the punch" ?

Gran Turismo has Indianapolis in GT5 and GT6....
Forza has it in 4,5 and 6
Codemasters has it in ToCA Race Driver 3, GRID 2 and GRID Autosport

I think Project CARS don't need to beat anyone to the punch, they need to be the hardest punch

MillsLayne
03-10-2015, 03:35
Don't worry about beating anyone to a release. Just get it right. Get that and the Indycars right. That's all.

BCFCBristolRed
03-10-2015, 08:38
Gran Turismo has Indianapolis in GT5 and GT6....
Forza has it in 4,5 and 6
Codemasters has it in ToCA Race Driver 3, GRID 2 and GRID Autosport

I think Project CARS don't need to beat anyone to the punch, they need to be the hardest punch

This post is perfect!

FS7
03-10-2015, 15:08
GT5 & GT6 have Indianapolis. Taking into account that the highly anticipated track editor just got added to GT6 2 years after the game's release, and about half of the VGT cars haven't been released yet I seriously doubt we'll see a new GT game in early 2016 (track editor as supposed to be in-game at launch but was announced as a "feature coming soon after release" about a month or so before GT6's release, VGTs were supposed to be released by the end of 2014). So, one shouldn't trust PD with release dates.

Swinnyjr
03-10-2015, 15:45
GT5 & GT6 have Indianapolis. Taking into account that the highly anticipated track editor just got added to GT6 2 years after the game's release, and about half of the VGT cars haven't been released yet I seriously doubt we'll see a new GT game in early 2016 (track editor as supposed to be in-game at launch but was announced as a "feature coming soon after release" about a month or so before GT6's release, VGTs were supposed to be released by the end of 2014). So, one shouldn't trust PD with release dates.

You know polyphony digital have begun work on gt7 right? And they originally said spring next year but then project cars came out. They're apparently rebuilding the game from the ground up. Nabbed the main sounds dude from forza. And now they're tentatively saying Xmas of 2017 for it....

Chevi
03-10-2015, 16:11

Early 2016? :D :D :D nice joke

FS7
03-10-2015, 17:00
You know polyphony digital have begun work on gt7 right? And they originally said spring next year but then project cars came out. They're apparently rebuilding the game from the ground up. Nabbed the main sounds dude from forza. And now they're tentatively saying Xmas of 2017 for it....
Afaik PD has been working on a GT game for PS4 for at least a couple of years. There were interviews with Kaz back in 2013 where he said that PD might release a GT game on PS4 1-2 years after GT6 was released, yet here we are in late 2015 almost 2 years after GT6's release, PD still hasn't finished releasing the promised content for GT6, the last GT Academy event was still on PS3, so I wouldn't a expect a GT on PS4 anytime soon.

Swinnyjr
03-10-2015, 17:17
Afaik PD has been working on a GT game for PS4 for at least a couple of years. There were interviews with Kaz back in 2013 where he said that PD might release a GT game on PS4 1-2 years after GT6 was released, yet here we are in late 2015 almost 2 years after GT6's release, PD still hasn't finished releasing the promised content for GT6, the last GT Academy event was still on PS3, so I wouldn't a expect a GT on PS4 anytime soon.

Neither am I. Hence why I said arse end of 2017 for the next one......

Sasquatch
03-10-2015, 18:59
yet here we are in late 2015 almost 2 years after GT6's release, PD still hasn't finished releasing the promised content for GT6, the last GT Academy event was still on PS3, so I wouldn't a expect a GT on PS4 anytime soon.
I wouldn't put a timer on it either, they're going to do as they're going to do.

It's kind of like a Tool album. You want them to release one, but at the sametime you know there's a 4+ year gap. Kind of a bad comparison. Since the last album is creepin' a decade ago. :glee:

blacknred81
04-10-2015, 05:03
I wouldn't put a timer on it either, they're going to do as they're going to do.

It's kind of like a Tool album. You want them to release one, but at the sametime you know there's a 4+ year gap. Kind of a bad comparison. Since the last album is creepin' a decade ago. :glee:

Would Bethesda and Fallout or Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls Series be a better one?

Pappa_Stig
04-10-2015, 06:53
they're tentatively saying Xmas of 2017 for it....

Source? The last I saw any mention from Kaz on release dates he said "Gran Turismo fans won't wait until 2017 for GT7".

Liquid7394
04-10-2015, 08:16
Source? The last I saw any mention from Kaz on release dates he said "Gran Turismo fans won't wait until 2017 for GT7".
I saw that as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gran-turismo-7-probably-coming-before-2017-will-ha/1100-6427946/

Swinnyjr
04-10-2015, 17:01

I honestly don't remember where I read that.

Swinnyjr
04-10-2015, 17:03

Ha! I know right? I've been hearing about a new tool album in the works/on the horizon for the last two years now.

Fun fact my best mate has been to three of Tool's last ever shows.....

Sasquatch
05-10-2015, 15:57
Would Bethesda and Fallout or Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls Series be a better one?

Absolutely.

Ha! I know right? I've been hearing about a new tool album in the works/on the horizon for the last two years now.

Fun fact my best mate has been to three of Tool's last ever shows.....

It's probably been about a 5 year float of a hint that a new album exists sometime in the near future. That's awesome though, i've been to two of their shows but that was a loooooong time ago, incredible experiences.