PDA

View Full Version : Aren't we all here for the same reason?

wyldanimal
03-10-2015, 02:36
Thought I'd make this post and see what Positive Attitudes we can bring out.

Well despite the Issues we all seem to experience now and then,
I still luv driving in this game.

Yeah, there are times it makes me Frustrated, but other than That.
I just Enjoy the Ride.
Totally Immersive, like no other sim / drive I've Experienced.

So this is my way of saying Thank you to Ian Bell and all the rest of the Team and WMD members who made this Game a Reality.

Thank you for the Drive and the Continued support.

Never Lift, Never Give up!

NavyFlipper HUN
03-10-2015, 06:40
I love the game!
I've 500 played hours (only online!) since the launch...it explains everything!

big-big thanks Ian and WMD!

Mr.Smoke
03-10-2015, 12:45
Also loving every minute of time spent with pCARS. Got almost 300 hours in online & would be more if i was able to.

Nothing else comes close to this experience for me & plan to thoroughly enjoy this game until its successor is released.

morpwr
03-10-2015, 12:52
I agree 100% this is a great game despite the problems its had.Its taken months to figure out the ffb and its still a work in progress but by far its the best racing game ive played and ive been playing since the first gt.And ive noticed in the last few days some of the guys putting in alot of work figuring out the ffb talking about taking a break from here because of the negativity sometimes on here.Dont there are many of us that really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!

redruMKO
03-10-2015, 19:14
Also loving every minute of time spent with pCARS. Got almost 300 hours in online & would be more if i was able to.

Nothing else comes close to this experience for me & plan to thoroughly enjoy this game until its successor is released.

Wow, that's ace! I had written-off paying for the on-line just because it has been so lame in every other racing game ever.

But it stands to reason that it would be the best in this!

I might have to fork out for PSPlus, but for now I'm still loving it for time-trial, or with THE best AI I have ever raced against.

Mr.Smoke
03-10-2015, 20:01
Wow, that's ace! I had written-off paying for the on-line just because it has been so lame in every other racing game ever.

But it stands to reason that it would be the best in this!

I might have to fork out for PSPlus, but for now I'm still loving it for time-trial, or with THE best AI I have ever raced against.

A big part of the enjoyment for me has been being involved with a great group of guys to race with regularly. I couldnt imagine having only raced against AI since release. Its very enjoyable with the right group. Public lobbies are usually less enjoyable.

hkraft300
04-10-2015, 01:29
I've raced with smokey a few times he's fast and they're a good bunch :)

Beware of public online, but you meet random ace drivers that way and eventually have a bit of a group to run with.

Nearly 600 hours here, mostly online. First sim on console that's satisfying my inner race engineer. Become a faster better driver. Met some good people to talk cars. Learned so much and continue to do so. Interesting to get snips of the men behind the game. Good stuff.

Edit: bugs. The elephant in the room. I get the occasional glitch that aren't game breaking by any means. Also some the odd crash that happens once or twice a week. Maybe I have a good PS? Anyway, looking forward to the improvements and the next patch is bringing fixes to the land mine and updates to the tire model across the board for more accurate tuning xD excited.

tmitch45
04-10-2015, 08:26
A few of us were only saying this the other day in an online lobby! To think that we can race against other people around the world in a virtual motor race with great graphics and physics is mind blowing when you stop and think about it! Sure its frustrating and the game has its bugs but really its provided me and a number of like minded guys with months of great racing!

For me if we could just have online reverse grids or random grids and sort out the dreadful pcars chat quality the game would be seriously great.

Well done to Ian and the team for what is simply the best racing game on console!

Haiden
04-10-2015, 17:06
I've never had a console racing experience like PCars. It's the reason I find other racing titles so hard to play now. F1 2015 is pretty much the only other title that can pull me away from PCars for any length of time. But I'm a big F1 fan, and nothing else captures the overall Formula 1 experience like F1, so that's probably why.

A big part of the enjoyment for me has been being involved with a great group of guys to race with regularly. I couldnt imagine having only raced against AI since release. Its very enjoyable with the right group. Public lobbies are usually less enjoyable.

I agree. I was racing with a fun group on Xb1, but since getting the PS version, I haven't really played PCars much on Xb. I need to get PS-Plus so I can get back online. I keep getting invitations from Flight-Test, which keeps reminding me to get that going. :)

Also, regarding the bugs, my enjoyment has totally outweighed my frustration since Patch 1.4. And, to be honest, I haven't been anxiously stalking the next patch since 2.0. Sure, both 3.0 and 4.0 brought welcome changes, but 2.0 was pretty much the update that stabilized my experience.

Swinnyjr
04-10-2015, 17:16
Without it myself and my gaming group would be stuck to racing in gta five still.
Thank god we have project cars.

Mr.Smoke
04-10-2015, 18:12
I keep getting invitations from Flight-Test, which keeps reminding me to get that going. :)

Him & i look forward to racing with you once you get that subscription. Which reminds me, mine expires soon....

Vennt
04-10-2015, 18:25
There have been a few sims over the years that have put a real grin on my face, the original GPL demo around Watkins Glen and then the full game (I loved the Ferrari 312), The GTR demo around Spa and then the full game, The Trans-Am mod for NRS2003, iRacing in the Skippy and Spec Racer and I was skeptical about this being a sim, what with it being on console of all things!

A few laps with the Lotus 49, BAC Mono and the Ginettas around the Green Hell blew my reservations away, loving it!

It might have a few simcade elements, i.e. some of the HUD elements etc, but there is no doubt a real sim engine under the hood, and those elements can be switched off for the full experience and let's not forget even GPL, granddaddy of them all, had a roof cam. ;) :P

Photonmonkey
04-10-2015, 18:43
I have had this game since release, so far have only not played on 2 nights since then. Given I have a new baby daughter and a demanding wife I think that speaks volumes for this games pull. My wife actually thinks I have serious issues because I am 44 years old and play it so much. I just tell her it could be worse I could be in the pub :) even with the annoying bugs this game has so much oomph factor I just love it too much! I haven't even bothered with on-line or the career yet. Still having too much fun tinkering, hot lapping and off line racing. So Mr Bell and co here is a thumbs up, keep doing what you are doing, you have cleared a fresh path for other console sims and I sincerely hope you stay ahead of the game as you deserve it. I used to love Forza and thought it was the bomb on consoles but PCARS brought the big guns and won me over and there is no going back, I just hope SMS can build on what they have done, iron out the kinks and put some of the doom and gloom folks on here in the happy corner.

amazed
04-10-2015, 19:19
^^^ what the monkey said!

I too am having loads of fun, but haven't even scratched the surface.

Only Bug I have experienced is an occasional shut down when I'm updating my FFB or setup details, usually when I get to the Paganis....

Sea Skimmer
04-10-2015, 19:43
This game is awesome,best driving sim ever in my opinion. My son and I have been laughing till we have cried at some of the races where we have shunted each other off or battled it out within seconds of each over for a win, then watched the replays congratulating each other from taking certain corners well or overtaking manoeuvres.
One of the hard parts is choosing what to drive from the multitude of cars and then which tracks to hone our skills !

Forgot to mention the drool worthy cars. I spent a while just looking at the pagini from all angles on the track one day wishing only just to sit in it for real and give that engine the slightest of revs.

Fanapryde
04-10-2015, 22:20
I have had this game since release, so far have only not played on 2 nights since then. Given I have a new baby daughter and a demanding wife I think that speaks volumes for this games pull. My wife actually thinks I have serious issues because I am 44 years old and play it so much.
Don't worry, 62 here, some 400 hrs raced in Pcars and now getting a PC and triple screen setup just for this game/sim.
I suffered a few bugs, but not nearly as much as some of the people around here. I don't race online though. Stopped doing that after GT5-6 while Sony wants money to go online with the PS4...

wraithsrike
04-10-2015, 22:27
This game is awesome,best driving sim ever in my opinion. My son and I have been laughing till we have cried at some of the races where we have shunted each other off or battled it out within seconds of each over for a win, then watched the replays congratulating each other from taking certain corners well or overtaking manoeuvres.
One of the hard parts is choosing what to drive from the multitude of cars and then which tracks to hone our skills !

Forgot to mention the drool worthy cars. I spent a while just looking at the pagini from all angles on the track one day wishing only just to sit in it for real and give that engine the slightest of revs.

I can relate to this, me and my boy race each other online and have some epic battles, can't wait to be able to set up our own championships.

GForce
05-10-2015, 05:32
We are all here to enjoy the game and to get the best out of it and our hardware and accessories! let's move on like this and thanks to SMS for this nice game and to all of you for your support here in the Forum!

Thanks -it's awesome! :yes: ;)

Cu
GForce

BistoKid
05-10-2015, 05:53
I too have a love affair with this game. Ok sometimes we have a little disagreement but the majority of the time it is sublime. I was on this from day one and is really the only thing I play so thank you SMS, it is making my gaming so enjoyable !!

I thought nothing would be able to replace the exhilaration I had with TOCA back in the day but clearly this has and surpassed it !!

I also have to agree that getting involved in a good group really is a must. My skill has improved, it's really exciting in close races and I now have many more quality friends on my list !!

redruMKO
05-10-2015, 16:09
There have been a few sims over the years that have put a real grin on my face, the original GPL demo... The GTR demo...

True, true!

I would add the orig 3DO demo of NFS, even though its a lame 3rd to yours

Actually, the fact that we loved demos so much kind of backs up where i'm at with pCars. I love it. But we all know how [B]huge it is. The most excited I could get about pCars2 is if they said it would only contain 3 cars and 3 tracks.

That's only a touch bigger than what we get in demos and such a tiny fraction of what we have now, or what Gran Tourismo has. But those few could be polished to such a spectacular level.

TheBigMan045
06-10-2015, 05:00
The only problem I've got with this game is my lack of pace haha, after spending so much time in other games (Grid Autosport I'm looking at you) it's so good to have a proper racing experience, with such a massive range of cars, even after a month I'm still finding car/track combinations that are a ton of fun

Thanks to the development team for creating such a great game and for your continuing support of your product

GForce
06-10-2015, 06:25
The only problem I've got with this game is my lack of pace haha, after spending so much time in other games (Grid Autosport I'm looking at you) it's so good to have a proper racing experience, with such a massive range of cars, even after a month I'm still finding car/track combinations that are a ton of fun

Thanks to the development team for creating such a great game and for your continuing support of your product

Yeah, that's true, with all the combination of cars, setups and tracks, this game is a challenge every single day and it makes a lot of fun!

Cu
GForce

Haiden
06-10-2015, 15:12

So true. I've been playing since the release, and just started running Watkins Glen in a Formula C last night. So much fun! I tried it in the Lotus 78 Cosworth, too. Enjoyable, but the Formula C on that track is just a great drive.