PDA

View Full Version : any news on fixing sound glitch,jumping stutter

mike12572
03-10-2015, 11:44
Any news on how to fix the sound glitch stuttering when playing?? Loving the game except for the dumbass sound glitch since day 1... I've done all of the updates..

wOoDsTeR16
03-10-2015, 12:29
I think the sound glitch sometimes leads to the game locking up on screen yet still going on in the background. I've just had it happen to me in the P30 at Hockenheim

nissan4ever
03-10-2015, 16:08
I just got the new Xbox Experience Dashboard early this morning. Now my Project CARS definitely would do the sound bug at least once every race in the past. Since this update, I haven't heard it. I hear a very slight/millisecond short crackle occasionally. But that's it. I haven't heard the straight up sound glitch/bug. If I go back to the dashboard (still got Project CARS running, just back at dashboard & Project CARS is in that square), then it does a weird sound thing. As long as I'm in Project CARS (not dashboard), it's just fine.

I played for about 1 hr this morning. I'll play at least 2 hrs later tonight & see how the sound does. Hopefully no more than that what I already described.

I also didn't see any jumping. I was in Formula Rookie @Nurburging Sprint Short against 29 AI & in free practice. Now before I got the "NEX", I was doing a career race at Oschlenberg (however you spell it) a day or two ago. There was one or two turns where game would jump a little on. I'll go back to that track & see if it still does it or not.

Update: I went to that track & I didn't notice that speed up/slow down in that turn. I was using same car & grid size from my career race. Hopefully that's not a placebo effect :)

Dazza
04-10-2015, 12:37
I just got the new Xbox Experience Dashboard early this morning. Now my Project CARS definitely would do the sound bug at least once every race in the past. Since this update, I haven't heard it. I hear a very slight/millisecond short crackle occasionally. But that's it. I haven't heard the straight up sound glitch/bug. If I go back to the dashboard (still got Project CARS running, just back at dashboard & Project CARS is in that square), then it does a weird sound thing. As long as I'm in Project CARS (not dashboard), it's just fine.

I played for about 1 hr this morning. I'll play at least 2 hrs later tonight & see how the sound does. Hopefully no more than that what I already described.

I also didn't see any jumping. I was in Formula Rookie @Nurburging Sprint Short against 29 AI & in free practice. Now before I got the "NEX", I was doing a career race at Oschlenberg (however you spell it) a day or two ago. There was one or two turns where game would jump a little on. I'll go back to that track & see if it still does it or not.

Update: I went to that track & I didn't notice that speed up/slow down in that turn. I was using same car & grid size from my career race. Hopefully that's not a placebo effect :)

also had a positive run today, like you said you get that millisecond crackle, which is rare and hardly noticeable, other than that nothing yet. considering this new os now only using 1 core, there is no reason this should not be fixed or close to fixed, and im assuming once November come ms will give devs complete access to the 7th core.

nissan4ever
04-10-2015, 14:02
also had a positive run today, like you said you get that millisecond crackle, which is rare and hardly noticeable, other than that nothing yet. considering this new os now only using 1 core, there is no reason this should not be fixed or close to fixed, and im assuming once November come ms will give devs complete access to the 7th core.

I've heard it once now. Lasted 1 second. I played for 3 hrs last night doing career. After I finished playing last night, there was another update for the NXE. I'll hop back on Project CARS before I watch some American Football today. See how the game does.

KkDrummer
04-10-2015, 15:11
hey Guys! thanks for the updates. It sounds promising! MS will continue releasing updates for the new dashboard so it will be interesting to see what you guys find out...cheers!

SUBGTRACER
04-10-2015, 15:54
Fixed in pcars 2

nissan4ever
04-10-2015, 16:01
I heard the sound bug a little bit today. Several times for 1 or 2 seconds. Definitely not like it used to be for me. Looking forward to the patch from SMS where they can take advantage of the newest SDK in terms of that 7th core. After the NXE has dropped for everyone.