PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Leaderboard No details??

wOoDsTeR16
03-10-2015, 11:44
How come the top 3 don't have what car they used, controller and so on?

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/KMAwOoDsTeR16/Screenshot-Original_zpssgrlutml.png (http://s448.photobucket.com/user/KMAwOoDsTeR16/media/Screenshot-Original_zpssgrlutml.png.html)

Rockefelluh
03-10-2015, 14:10
Yeah I see this all the time.

wOoDsTeR16
03-10-2015, 17:01
Someone must know why?

inthebagbud
03-10-2015, 17:35
Has been brought up on many occasions with no definately response from sms.

I could probably understand on PC where you may be able to mess with the programme and stop your ghost being posted but not on xbox. if you are logged on as you have to be to play the game then the ghost upload should be automatic.

All though there does seem to be a lot of race team drivers on that screenshot without ghosts!

There are missing ghosts at different times throughout the boards so don't think it is an intentional thing , so it must be something in the game that is causing this ?

Rockefelluh
03-10-2015, 17:43
Well one of those names has been very active on the forums the last week. Maybe they can explain...

Umer Ahmad
03-10-2015, 18:08
Investigating

wOoDsTeR16
03-10-2015, 18:13
Well one of those names has been very active on the forums the last week. Maybe they can explain...

Who's that mate?

wOoDsTeR16
03-10-2015, 18:15
All though there does seem to be a lot of race team drivers on that screenshot without ghosts!

I'm KMAwOoDsTeR and it was a team some 13 years ago now on PC, I've just always had that tag

JoeZarkos
03-10-2015, 20:09
I was in a multiplayer lobby with NWR | Charger | (10th on the leaderboard in op) and it was strictly GT3 cars at Monza and he was in a Formula 1 car ramming everybody. I left the lobby to check if the car was available for selection and it wasn't. Everybody in the lobby attempted to kick him but he wasn't kicked. This happened on the Xbox One earlier today.

Rockefelluh
04-10-2015, 00:32
Who's that mate?

NWR Charger

wOoDsTeR16
04-10-2015, 03:20
So in other words then there cheating somehow?, if thats the case its bang out of order. Ok, I'm far from the best at this game but I'm not that bad, and a low 123 round Hock for the life of me I can't see.

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-10-2015, 03:34

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/KMAwOoDsTeR16/Screenshot-Original_zpssgrlutml.png (http://s448.photobucket.com/user/KMAwOoDsTeR16/media/Screenshot-Original_zpssgrlutml.png.html)

Xbox privacy settings > Custom > See content made by other people [BLOCK] - Your ghost and car is now blocked and will show as in the picture.

To unblock it, you need to make sure game and app history is unblocked, and it should show the ghosts again.

;)

wOoDsTeR16
04-10-2015, 05:19
Xbox privacy settings > Custom > See content made by other people [BLOCK] - Your ghost and car is now blocked and will show as in the picture.

To unblock it, you need to make sure game and app history is unblocked, and it should show the ghosts again.

;)

But why would you want to do that, and if thats the simple answer to it then why are they investigating it and not just tell me what you've just said?

nwrlchargerl
04-10-2015, 06:54
Nope it wasn't me. You need to check out one of my previous threads. Somebody has got it in for me real bad lol. Also, the answer to this question woodster, all you need to do is set your xbox one settings to private, it hides your car and your ghost. A lot of people done this when the track limits were a lot more open so people couldn't seem them cutting corners. If you want to compare gamer tags then add me, the real me has over 200 friends on xbox one, you will find the person copying me has maybe 20-30? Very very sad but whatever I ain't bothered. It all boils down to the same person with the same intentions.

inthebagbud
04-10-2015, 08:32

;)

That setting sounds like you use it if you don't want to view somebody else content and not to stop others viewing your content

Will test today

wOoDsTeR16
04-10-2015, 09:51
Investigating

That setting sounds like you use it if you don't want to view somebody else content and not to stop others viewing your content

Will test today

And like I say, why would it be under investigation if it was just a simple xbox setting you change. Ever since the board was reset none of the names that we're setting the mind blowing times we there anymore, yet the last 2 or 3 days there starting to show up again. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some people out there that can take these cars round like there on a rail but some of these times seem impossible. It would be very interesting to see some of these times posted on a video with the hud showing all the details

RTA nOsKiLlS
04-10-2015, 23:59

Will test today

Yes, thats correct. But it also stops other people seeing content you have made. Like ghosts. :)

STEELJOCKEY
05-10-2015, 00:25
Got something to hide then?

RTA nOsKiLlS
05-10-2015, 00:44
Got something to hide then?

http://s28.postimg.org/5ju4xds71/TT_Sunday_Screenshot_2015_10_05_01_49_03.png

No.

STEELJOCKEY
05-10-2015, 01:26
It was pointed at you, just a general comment for those who like to hide things, who obviously afraid of a little friendly competition, which improves skills and enjoyment.

wOoDsTeR16
05-10-2015, 05:05
It was pointed at you, just a general comment for those who like to hide things, who obviously afraid of a little friendly competition, which improves skills and enjoyment.

Or like you say, have something to hide, something don't add up right thats for sure. PS: This comment is not aimed at any one person!

nwrlchargerl
05-10-2015, 05:52
Some people just don't want to give their lines away, them leader boards are all about having the fastest lap time. Some people assume that giving someone their line will help them in beating their time. Or maybe they've found a track limit that can be exceeded.

Alexandru Marian
05-10-2015, 11:13
This is indeed caused by the privacy settings that the users have set in their profile. Setting this to disallow people from seeing your stats also hides away the info that the game relies on for showing the score details and the ghosts. There's not much we can do about this since we use the Xbox Live stats & leaderboards system so we have no control over the way it works.

RomKnight
05-10-2015, 11:27
But you can avoid the upload of the lap time if those are set that way, can't you?

Raven403
05-10-2015, 11:38
Are the Leaderboards going to get improved to the level they're at on PC? being able to sort by car would be a huge help on Xbox, seeing as ALL the gt cars get lumped into one class, makes the LBs a bit of a mess on Xbox

wOoDsTeR16
05-10-2015, 11:40
Are the Leaderboards going to get improved to the level they're at on PC? being able to sort by car would be a huge help on Xbox, seeing as ALL the gt cars get lumped into one class, makes the LBs a bit of a mess on Xbox

Now that would be good!

Raven403
05-10-2015, 11:46
Now that would be good!

Yeah, Ive only started doing TTs more lately and playing on PC more, and the LBs on PC are way more organized because you can sort by Car not just by class. Since the classes are so varied, its a bit of a mess when you cant do that. I mean look at the Touring class, New DTM in a Group with Group A cars, not much of a balance there lol

Roger Prynne
05-10-2015, 11:47

This is indeed caused by the privacy settings that the users have set in their profile. Setting this to disallow people from seeing your stats also hides away the info that the game relies on for showing the score details and the ghosts. There's not much we can do about this since we use the Xbox Live stats & leaderboards system so we have no control over the way it works.

As Alexandru says.....

inthebagbud
05-10-2015, 11:53
As Alexandru says.....

But are these not 2 separate issues

MS controls through privacy settings what you want to show on the leaderboards, but surely the ability to sort by different classes would be an SMS programming feature?

Alexandru Marian
05-10-2015, 11:55
Yeah, Ive only started doing TTs more lately and playing on PC more, and the LBs on PC are way more organized because you can sort by Car not just by class. Since the classes are so varied, its a bit of a mess when you cant do that. I mean look at the Touring class, New DTM in a Group with Group A cars, not much of a balance there lol

The issue there is the number of car & track combinations we have in the game which is greater than the maximum number of leaderboards we are allowed to have on Xbox Live. The choice is either to group cars by some sort of class or to only have leaderboards for certain tracks / cars and not for others.

Stepan Vondrak
05-10-2015, 11:56

This unfortunately happens on XB1 when the users have their privacy settings configured to disallow stat queries from non-friends. There is not much we can do about it, XB1 services just won't send us the detailed stats when we query them, just the basic leaderboard data. We can't invalidate those data, that's technically not possible (you can toggle the setting before or after uploading the score and it will always affect what other players can see).

We can't offer detailed per-car leaderboards on consoles either, also because of platform limitations, it's just way too many leaderboards.

inthebagbud
05-10-2015, 11:58
The issue there is the number of car & track combinations we have in the game which is greater than the maximum number of leaderboards we are allowed to have on Xbox Live. The choice is either to group cars by some sort of class or to only have leaderboards for certain tracks / cars and not for others.

Alexandru

Thank you for confirming why this is an issue for the xbox

What do we have to actually request from MS to get this altered and I will post a feature request on the xbox site

Also with the API work that Timm is doing would we be able to get this information that way for console users?

Raven403
05-10-2015, 12:00

Ahh I see. ok. Would tightening up the Car Classes change that? Like expanding the classes so when you sort by class they are more closely balanced?

For example having a different class for New DTM ? or is it all the same problem?

Stepan Vondrak
05-10-2015, 12:07
We can't really have more classes than what we have now, so 7 per track in most cases. We are limited to approximately 1000 leaderboards on consoles, then we start running into various technical issues. And those boards are shared by time trial track boards and all visible community events.

Raven403
05-10-2015, 12:17
We can't really have more classes than what we have now, so 7 per track in most cases. We are limited to approximately 1000 leaderboards on consoles, then we start running into various technical issues. And those boards are shared by time trial track boards and all visible community events.

Ahh gotcha, thanks for the Info! Thats a shame theres that kind of limitation on the Console. I assume Forza gets around it by using that PI system instead of classes or something. Interesting. Thanks again for the response!

nwrlchargerl
05-10-2015, 12:31

Would you prefer by car or by discipline? GT3, GT2 etc, could get a bit messy if they did LB's for every car.

Raven403
05-10-2015, 12:46
Would you prefer by car or by discipline? GT3, GT2 etc, could get a bit messy if they did LB's for every car.

Well on PC you could sort by car, that's the only reason I asked. Yeah sorting by discipline would work too, but as Stepan said it really can't be done on console

Bavarian Turbo
05-10-2015, 13:27
but could you not install more filter? that you can sort by friends as well as by car or the car class
That would be in the same leaderboard only more filter options, that would be possible?

notanuva
05-10-2015, 13:40
Can't we get some thing like what bf4 does with stats / leaderboards http://bf4stats.com/

lancashirelad
05-10-2015, 22:12
I'd prefer to limit the number of tracks for TT. Just pick a few of the most popular. Then let us sort by car on these tracks. Would make for a more condensed/ organized and competitive group.

inthebagbud
06-10-2015, 18:42
I'd prefer to limit the number of tracks for TT. Just pick a few of the most popular. Then let us sort by car on these tracks. Would make for a more condensed/ organized and competitive group.

Good idea in theory but in practice they are never going to please all of the people and trying to agree on which ones would be a nightmare

What I don't understand is why the info cannot be exported to external sources like the pc leaderboards or is it that to keep within the technical difficulties they have implemented the actual limitation that person x can only have 1 record per track at any one time .

Not sure on numbers involved but could we have 2 per track and sms still keep within the limits ?

Alexandru Marian
06-10-2015, 21:09
What I don't understand is why the info cannot be exported to external sources like the pc leaderboards or is it that to keep within the technical difficulties they have implemented the actual limitation that person x can only have 1 record per track at any one time .

Not sure on numbers involved but could we have 2 per track and sms still keep within the limits ?

The PC leaderboards are not exported to any "external sources". They are simply defined and kept on Steam's services which allow for more leaderboards. For Project Cars we simply did not have the resources to run any custom servers or services, we had to use whatever each platform (Steam for PC, PSN for PS4 and Xbox Live for Xbox One, respectively) provides.

It's just a difference in what Steam and Xbox Live provide as built-in leaderboards.

There are also technical reasons why we can't have more than one score per user per leaderboard on Xbox Live. This has been discussed a lot internally before we released the game. We really did want to provide the same leaderboard structure on consoles as we have on PC. It was simply impossible to do and we went with the next best thing we could implement.

nwrlchargerl
06-10-2015, 21:35
The PC leaderboards are not exported to any "external sources". They are simply defined and kept on Steam's services which allow for more leaderboards. For Project Cars we simply did not have the resources to run any custom servers or services, we had to use whatever each platform (Steam for PC, PSN for PS4 and Xbox Live for Xbox One, respectively) provides.

It's just a difference in what Steam and Xbox Live provide as built-in leaderboards.

There are also technical reasons why we can't have more than one score per user per leaderboard on Xbox Live. This has been discussed a lot internally before we released the game. We really did want to provide the same leaderboard structure on consoles as we have on PC. It was simply impossible to do and we went with the next best thing we could implement.

So will there be any other work on time trial? Being able to tune your setup in the pits would be handy just like in qualifying! Saves backing out of the session each time you want to make a change :)

inthebagbud
06-10-2015, 21:58

Alexandru

Firstly let me give you a big thank you for responding and providing the technical information so we players can understand the limitations you have to work with.

I am new to the racing game era on consoles and only ask questions to improve my knowledge and understand why things are as they are ...hey I might not like them , as in every business there are decisions to be made , but if there are explainable reasons that is good enough for me .

I have been looking at a similar discussion in the PS4 section of the forum and reference has been made too how in other games searchable leader boards where available http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25110-30-Ghost-limit-but-no-car-restriction-a-bit-pointless&p=1140834&viewfull=1#post1140834 which makes me think has something changed with consoles from then to now.

As I said I have no experiance of previous games but it seems that some games can do with leaderboards what console users are asking..... so just curious ..... and the only thing that springs to mind is that earlier games did not have as many combinations of cars and tracks which provides for too many tables for the console to handle or console manufacturers have imposed new limits

Thanks again for your time

Mahjik
09-12-2015, 20:42
So will there be any other work on time trial? Being able to tune your setup in the pits would be handy just like in qualifying! Saves backing out of the session each time you want to make a change :)

Alexandru is on the network programming side, which wouldn't be responsible for that part of the development.

I have been looking at a similar discussion in the PS4 section of the forum and reference has been made too how in other games searchable leader boards where available http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25110-30-Ghost-limit-but-no-car-restriction-a-bit-pointless&p=1140834&viewfull=1#post1140834 which makes me think has something changed with consoles from then to now.

Polyphony Digital is large enough that they likely have their own servers, which is what Alexandru explains was not financially possible for pCARS. If the franchise continues to grow, it might be something possible with a future iteration.

Chiraq
09-12-2015, 22:36
hey on p5 thats me haha

wOoDsTeR16
10-12-2015, 06:18
The track limits on Oulton Park Inter really need looking at. I did some laps in the DTM the other day and followed some of the top 5 times and one person had taken all 4 wheels off the track 3 times and the lap still counted. Coming out of turn 1 the car had gone that far of track it much of needed sat nav directions to find its way back lol