PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 1 red tire: What to do? (GT3) Bentley

trab44
04-10-2015, 06:46
Hi,

Car: Bentley GT3
Circuit: Laguna Seca
Setup: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/17024860

Problem: I have 1 red tire, front right side..i can t get the temp down (120C)..more pressure, lower..The other tires are perfect..What can i do? springs,suspension ??

My tire pressure is: Front 1.95 , back 2.05..

thanks!

ElectricBlues85
04-10-2015, 09:48
If you are trying to tune for a race, have a go with the 'GT3 Slick Medium' or 'GT Slick Hard' tyres, instead of 'GT3 Slick Soft' which is probably what you are getting if you are selecting 'Automatic by weather'.

Also bare in mind your pressures don't have to be symmetrical across the front (or rear). Keep the front left at 1.95, try the front right at a much increased value e.g. 2.15 and see if that makes a difference. Higher pressures will reduce tyre deformation and thus decrease temps. If it does, keep playing with the value until it stays within range.

Are you getting similar problems at other tracks? Silverstone for example is harsh on the front left. If you're racing at Laguna in the summer with clear weather the track will be *hot*. I've just jumped into a free practice session in August, clear weather 13:00 and the temp is 42c/107f !!!

trab44
04-10-2015, 16:07
I m gonna try this..i hope it helps..i have to do 34laps in the league..just not sure what tyres..i think hard compound..

BistoKid
05-10-2015, 19:41
If you are trying to tune for a race, have a go with the 'GT3 Slick Medium' or 'GT Slick Hard' tyres, instead of 'GT3 Slick Soft' which is probably what you are getting if you are selecting 'Automatic by weather'.

Also bare in mind your pressures don't have to be symmetrical across the front (or rear). Keep the front left at 1.95, try the front right at a much increased value e.g. 2.15 and see if that makes a difference. Higher pressures will reduce tyre deformation and thus decrease temps. If it does, keep playing with the value until it stays within range.

Are you getting similar problems at other tracks? Silverstone for example is harsh on the front left. If you're racing at Laguna in the summer with clear weather the track will be *hot*. I've just jumped into a free practice session in August, clear weather 13:00 and the temp is 42c/107f !!!

Is that the same with most cars ElectricBlues85, ie. select the tyres rather than Auto by weather? We have raced together a few times now but majority of time I am on stock setup and have similar issues as OP. Next time i'm on with you may have to ask about setups ;)

ElectricBlues85
05-10-2015, 19:49
Is that the same with most cars ElectricBlues85, ie. select the tyres rather than Auto by weather? We have raced together a few times now but majority of time I am on stock setup and have similar issues as OP. Next time i'm on with you may have to ask about setups ;)

I normally just go by 'Automatic by Weather' you can check what the game gives you by looking at the telemetry screen once on track. If your tyres are getting destroyed and pressures aren't fixing the problem, select a harder compound using the manual selection option

Feel free to ask in the lobby, I'll be surrounded by people that know way more than me! (Grav, Sprokett, Skanda are the ones I've heard talking the most about setups).

PureMalt77
05-10-2015, 19:51
I used to have tire wear problems in the past, and 80% of it in my case came from, believe me or not, bad habits!
Hopefully there is a thread here about that, so I don't need to explain the whole thing!

Have a look at this: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40021-Over-Understeer-Discussion

Quite useful knowledge!

chig88
05-10-2015, 20:46
Too much camber? Too little pressure in the front right?

If it's Laguna I'd assume it's the fast left after the corkscrew that's causing the problem. If you're getting understeer try to avoid 'pushing' through it. Lift off if necessary & take a tighter line.