PDA

View Full Version : Fix this, Fix That. ARRGGHH FIX IT ALREADY!!

lembi2001
04-10-2015, 18:52
I know I've not been around since the day's of the WMD forums but I just thought I would speak out on all the complaints that I have been reading on these forums.

People are complaining that features X, Y and Z didn't make it into the game. The issue I have with these complaints is that whilst these features didn't get in a whole host of other features did. I can honestly say that I am perfectly happy with this game and have no complaints. Granted I don't manage a racing league or even participate in one (that will be changing shortly, participation that is) but this game performs brilliantly for me. I have one issue with the game but that is down to my processor being a bottleneck for my system.

Demanding that the devs fix YOUR problem will not get it done any faster. Constructive feedback is required to help the devs understand what is causing the problems so that they can duplicate the issue and debug the crap out of it. I know a lot of you have major issues with some aspects of the game and I agree that the pitstop tyre bug is an issue however it doesn't detract from the sheer quality of this game. Patches are rolled out faster for this game than any other game I know. The only people faster at rolling out updates for their products are Apple.

The devs provided us all with a realistic way to drive cars that most of us would never in a million years get to experience. Tracks that most of us would never even get to see in the flesh. I am extremely grateful to the devs for all their hard work on this game and hope that they continue.

Let the flaming commence!!

Sankyo
04-10-2015, 18:53
No flaming needed really. If it does come to that, the thread will be closed.

Swinnyjr
04-10-2015, 18:55
See my post about finding a solution.
The way I see it, there's no point whinging about one little bug making a game "unplayable". Because it's not making the game unplayable, it's frustrating yes. But the game still works fine and you can still race on it.
If something does go wrong you know the devs are going to know and try and sort it out. So you may as well accept that's the way it is and help look for work-a rounds or a fix yourself....
IMO.

Cholton82
04-10-2015, 18:58
It's funny as earlier I was playing FIFA 16 and that has a few issues and bugs and they have been releasing the same game bar a few tweaks for a while now and still have problems . So for the first outing with PCars they've done a remarkable job !

maurice-pascale
04-10-2015, 19:57
Why must always someone, after a closed thread, post something like "ohh i love you gjys, what brilliant job etc. etc......"....
i see something like that always after someone posted a little little negative thing OR just his opinion which Didnt sounded soooo great for the game???!!

a bit strange......for a game where the Devs and the fans think it is perfect, is no need for that......looks a bit forced when people do that always....

maurice-pascale
04-10-2015, 19:59
But closed gets something like that never...but it is at the same point useless like useless negative threads... ;)

NemethR
05-10-2015, 06:39
Demanding that the devs fix YOUR problem ...

That MY problem will most likely affect at least thousands of players too.
So it is not MY problem, it is not YOUR problem, it is OUR problem!

Sankyo
05-10-2015, 07:07
Why must always someone, after a closed thread, post something like "ohh i love you gjys, what brilliant job etc. etc......"....
i see something like that always after someone posted a little little negative thing OR just his opinion which Didnt sounded soooo great for the game???!!

a bit strange......for a game where the Devs and the fans think it is perfect, is no need for that......looks a bit forced when people do that always....
Where did you get that 'the devs and the fans think [the game] is perfect'?

But closed gets something like that never...but it is at the same point useless like useless negative threads... ;)
So you're saying that a positive thread and a negative thread are the same w.r.t. what they do to the forum and the devs?

Liquid7394
05-10-2015, 07:08
People have every right to complain if a bug is ruining their experience. If you don't have any problems then great, but you said you have no complaints and then you admitted the pit stop tyre bug is an issue. That's kind of contradictory. And no one is moaning about patch frequency, they just want major bugs to patched ASAP. And what's with the "let the flaming commence" remark? Are you looking to start an argument?

lembi2001
05-10-2015, 09:11
People have every right to complain if a bug is ruining their experience. If you don't have any problems then great, but you said you have no complaints and then you admitted the pit stop tyre bug is an issue. That's kind of contradictory. And no one is moaning about patch frequency, they just want major bugs to patched ASAP. And what's with the "let the flaming commence" remark? Are you looking to start an argument?

I never said the pit stop tyre bug was a problem for me. I was simply highlighting a high profile issue that lots of people have been complaining about. The issue I have with most of these complaints is that people don't bother searching to find out if it has already been reported and then lay into the devs for not responding. When someone does respond i.e. a Mod, they demand that it is acknowledged as a known bug.

I am not saying people don't have the right to complain I am just saying people on this forum tend to expect results a lot faster than they get them and then throw hissy fits when it doesn't happen.

This game is far from unplayable and the "game breaking bugs" don't exist.

If you think I am wrong try playing Batman Arkham Knight on the PC. That game is broken beyond belief and is currently not on sale due to it being so badly broken.

wraithsrike
05-10-2015, 09:59
I know I've not been around since the day's of the WMD forums but I just thought I would speak out on all the complaints that I have been reading on these forums.

People are complaining that features X, Y and Z didn't make it into the game. The issue I have with these complaints is that whilst these features didn't get in a whole host of other features did. I can honestly say that I am perfectly happy with this game and have no complaints. Granted I don't manage a racing league or even participate in one (that will be changing shortly, participation that is) but this game performs brilliantly for me. I have one issue with the game but that is down to my processor being a bottleneck for my system.

Demanding that the devs fix YOUR problem will not get it done any faster. Constructive feedback is required to help the devs understand what is causing the problems so that they can duplicate the issue and debug the crap out of it. I know a lot of you have major issues with some aspects of the game and I agree that the pitstop tyre bug is an issue however it doesn't detract from the sheer quality of this game. Patches are rolled out faster for this game than any other game I know. The only people faster at rolling out updates for their products are Apple.

The devs provided us all with a realistic way to drive cars that most of us would never in a million years get to experience. Tracks that most of us would never even get to see in the flesh. I am extremely grateful to the devs for all their hard work on this game and hope that they continue.

Let the flaming commence!!

No offense but I really don't see the point of threads such as this, all they do is create more bad vides especially when you end it "let the flaming comence, it's almost as if that's what you want to achieve.

lembi2001
05-10-2015, 10:17
Granted I probably ended it the wrong way but thought I would try and make light of it before it started.

I originally wrote this post out of frustration (probably the same way most of the complaint threads are started) at the attitudes of some members of this forum. Since posting this though there have been at least 2 more threads about the pit stop bug and 1 about the VR shadows problem in Occulus Rift. Both of these issues are known and are being worked on or have been fixed. It would take people less than a minute to find this information yet they find it easier to write smarmy posts trying to rush the devs into fixing the problem. One post even went so far as to say the bug is easy to fix.

Some bugs are not easy to fix and from what I can gather SMS are not a large company so do not have the same resources that the larger companies have. As has been pointed out by both myself and another user on here, games with more extensive support from teams with a longer background in game development are still being released with issues.

I don't understand why people feel the need to rant and paddy at the devs. They are obviously not sat on their backsides doing nothing. They are working on the issues as fast as they are able to whilst still providing a product that keeps people interested. Sure, some people will never be happy until X,Y or Z are fixed but it doesn't mean they should act like a child who is told they cannot have a new toy.

As I said previously, if a bug exists provide as much information as possible to the devs to help them fix it. Screenshots, videos, debug logs. Anything you can that contains as much information about the issue. This information is what is needed. This is what helps the devs fix the bugs.

jack1984
05-10-2015, 10:29
This game is far from unplayable and the "game breaking bugs" don't exist.

Try to tell this in the PS4 forum where people experience fatal crashes during racing.

andycass
05-10-2015, 10:37
Try to tell this in the PS4 forum where people experience fatal crashes during racing.
Exactly. I think he's speeking from the PC point of view. Maybe PS4 owners could club together and buy the devs a ps4 because clearly they didn't test the latest patch which already makes the bug ridden game more buggy.

Raven403
05-10-2015, 10:41
Exactly. I think he's speeking from the PC point of view. Maybe PS4 owners could club together and buy the devs a ps4 because clearly they didn't test the latest patch which already makes the bug ridden game more buggy.

Hey, you shoulda been playing on Xbox this whole time, I assure you it could've been worse for ya lol

Seriously tho, it's a different game on PC for me. Either way tho I'm finding things to enjoy best I can til it's all sorted out.

Mr.Smoke
05-10-2015, 11:02

Next to no issues on PS4 here.

Lets not turn this thread sour fallas. We all experience problems here & there. No need to try fighting over who has it worse.

Plato99
05-10-2015, 11:25

People are dying playing pCARS ??!!

I know this is a great sim of real motorsport and this stuff sadly happens but heck, I didnt ask for this !!!

Sankyo
05-10-2015, 13:47
People are dying playing pCARS ??!!

I know this is a great sim of real motorsport and this stuff sadly happens but heck, I didnt ask for this !!!

That's realism for you.

Shinzah
05-10-2015, 13:52
I didnt ask for this !!!

Knightfall
05-10-2015, 13:57
It's funny as earlier I was playing FIFA 16 and that has a few issues and bugs and they have been releasing the same game bar a few tweaks for a while now and still have problems . So for the first outing with PCars they've done a remarkable job !

Could not agree more. Fifa was filled with bugs and intermittent drops from its server, which you have to connect to.

EA is a huge company with an almost unfathomable amount of resources, and their title struggles more than this one did.

havocc
05-10-2015, 13:58
Pretty strange for a game to have more bugs on consoles than pc, all consoles have the same hw and sw while on the other hand for pc there are 1.000.000 possible combinations of cpu/gpu/os/drivers etc. that can cause bugs... but i'm not a software programmer so...

Liquid7394
05-10-2015, 14:04
EA is a huge company with an almost unfathomable amount of resources, and their title struggles more than this one did.
Same goes for Activision and Ubisoft. Those companies will gladly sell incomplete and rushed games for a quick buck.

jack1984
05-10-2015, 15:32
Next to no issues on PS4 here.

Lets not turn this thread sour fallas. We all experience problems here & there. No need to try fighting over who has it worse.

That's not the point off course. I am also lucky to experience no blue screen errors on my PS4. :)

However, apparently some people experience these issues and I think it is unfair to state that PCars has no game breaking bugs when things like that occur.

Mr.Smoke
05-10-2015, 15:37
That's not the point off course. I am also lucky to experience no blue screen errors on my PS4. :)

However, apparently some people experience these issues and I think it is unfair to state that PCars has no game breaking bugs when things like that occur.

Completely agree 100%

Umer Ahmad
05-10-2015, 15:42
Pretty strange for a game to have more bugs on consoles than pc, all consoles have the same hw and sw while on the other hand for pc there are 1.000.000 possible combinations of cpu/gpu/os/drivers etc. that can cause bugs... but i'm not a software programmer so...

APIs (are supposed to) abstract programmers from the hardware layer. They just code for DX11 and it takes care of th rest whether your running Nvidia or AMD. SMS strives to remain vendor-neutral.

The consoles let the programmers get closer to the hardware crom what i understand. PS3 "cell processors" were a bitch to code for i hear but a powerful processing unit.