PDA

View Full Version : 3,5 Hours for nothing...

Seelenkrank
04-10-2015, 20:43
endurance race in LMP2 on Nürburgring GP cut down to 2 hours.
2 training sessions +quali + 1,5 hours racetime for nothing
because it starts raining the last half hour and the F***ers in the pit are unable to put the correct tires on the car. :mad:
no longer PCars for me until this big bug is fixed!
i hope it does not take weeks from now on

VanquishedVantage
04-10-2015, 21:33
Remember that the devs are working hard to fix bugs for the game, and quitting a game just because of a bug is pathetic.

Rockefelluh
04-10-2015, 21:36
Remember that the devs are working hard to fix bugs for the game, and quitting a game just because of a bug is pathetic.

Why not? You put a lot of time in to preparing for the race and you have a terrible time not because of your own errors or decisions, but a problem with the game not recognizing simple commands.

Also, is that 30 font really necessary on your sig :rolleyes:

VanquishedVantage
04-10-2015, 21:50
Why not? You put a lot of time in to preparing for the race and you have a terrible time not because of your own errors or decisions, but a problem with the game not recognizing simple commands.

Also, is that 30 font really necessary on your sig :rolleyes:

Heh, I should change it.

Anyways, remember there's always offline (if this guy was playing online)

Seelenkrank
04-10-2015, 22:05
online or offline doesnt matter because it is my invested time in something!
in GT3 i never get medium tires, only hard or soft (wet always works if needed!) and here in endurance in LMP2 nothing works!
i pit 3 times in a row and always got soft (want one time intermediate and one time wet tires)! :mad:

SUBGTRACER
04-10-2015, 22:10

I think he has every right to be upset after putting the time , i have felt his frustration many times with the buggs.

diesel97
04-10-2015, 22:49
The funny part is the pits were fixed in patch 3.0 ..., right , no , maybe oh okay 4.0 is a lock to fix the pits, oh not yet then when ?

AdM1
04-10-2015, 22:52
I never really felt this game was stable enough for long races including pits so I've never risked it for reasons like this.

Kruleworld
05-10-2015, 04:55
another option is to go static or non-rain weather (say, from clear to heavy cloud)

THFS
05-10-2015, 06:34
My league had an endurance race the other night where it started raining early on. Some people had to pit three times before wet tyres were finally put on, completely ruining their race. I don't understand how that can happen in a game that's been out for five months...

wraithsrike
05-10-2015, 06:41
At the moment when we do long race's we turn rain off, I know you shouldn't have to but for the time being it does put a stop to these sort of frustrations.

m355y
05-10-2015, 07:03

It's not pathetic, I completely understand their frustration.

Raven403
05-10-2015, 10:32
If you wait until the rain drops appear on the cars WINDSCREEN and not the screen of the game (if you use an exterior view, raindrops appear sooner) you should get wets when u pit. That's the best I can tell ya. It's far from an exact science, but it's worked for us

Seelenkrank
05-10-2015, 13:27
did not work, last pit stop was when the drops where vivisble on the windscreen and i got soft tires...
after this i end the race because its senseless (it was a carrier race so i had no chance to change weatherconditions!)

Raven403
05-10-2015, 13:33
did not work, last pit stop was when the drops where vivisble on the windscreen and i got soft tires...
after this i end the race because its senseless (it was a carrier race so i had no chance to change weatherconditions!)

Damn, that's a bummer, yeah idk what to tell ya then. I avoid long races with weather til the pit's get fixed. But yeah that's a bummer

Lawndarts
05-10-2015, 14:20
I've been having to "edit" pit stops when it starts to rain to make sure I get rain tires.

The AI on the other hand pit for rain tires before I even know it's raining... Can you just apply the same logic to your own pit crew so they also know it's raining? Or just put a "wet" button on the pit notification.

This is a very frustrating "showstopper" bug that is terminal to any race.

svenvangent
05-10-2015, 16:10
But at the end of it all , what's the point to start the game if we have to turn off almost everything ?

g33k hack3rs
05-10-2015, 16:30
Yeah, the pits are bugged. You can start on any tire but pits will only provide soft or wet depending on the weather. The best we were able to determine is that wets will be fitted if rain is visible on the windscreen from the inside cockpit view. Outside view when rain is visible is not always sufficient. Best to change view to inside and ensure rain drops are visible on the windshield.

Hope this gets fixed soon but at least that should help to identify when soft or wet will be fitted.

Martin03
05-10-2015, 16:55
The frustrating part is that devs say the pit bugs(some of them atleast) are fixed. BUUUT, they did not manage to get it ready for patch 4.0, allright fine. But why not realease it as a hotfix? I mean this game is now serverall months old, and there are so many great sim games out there now so why hold back fixes when you have made them when people allready have so many great sim games to choose from with alot less bugs?

And not that long ago it was update to the game when the DLC was out, why not include the pitbug fixes in that update when its made?...I can only talk for myself ofc but Im done with this game soon, yes the career mode is great, yes the graphic is great etc. But I dont care anymore...I have tried so many times now with my endurance series career but ruined by bugs race after race after race. And yes you can say ''Well it will be fixed just wait'' But...so?...The game is allready many months old, how long should we wait? And you have Stock Car Extreme, R3E, iRacing, rFactor 1-2 etc etc out there so I don't see the reason to wait anymore soon...

Seelenkrank
05-10-2015, 18:04
well the guys are really fast with bugfixing.
the last patches come in a ~4-5 week distance.
so my hopes are that the next patch on PC will be out in 2-3 weeks *hope_never_dies*

jack1984
05-10-2015, 18:16
well the guys are really fast with bugfixing.
the last patches come in a ~4-5 week distance.
so my hopes are that the next patch on PC will be out in 2-3 weeks *hope_never_dies*

I don't want to be the cynic here, but every patch they release comes also with new bugs. So yeah, they are quite fast for a relatively small team, but the quality is not top notch.

Seelenkrank
05-10-2015, 18:20
software today is a very complex piece of code and every software has bugs so i be patient...

diesel97
05-10-2015, 18:20
I don't want to be the cynic here, but every patch they release comes also with new bugs. So yeah, they are quite fast for a relatively small team, but the quality is not top notch.

Atleast on the consule side the testing (QA) doesn't seem like there is much time put into.

Montana.BE
05-10-2015, 18:43
because it starts raining the last half hour and the F***ers in the pit are unable to put the correct tires on the car. :mad:

Drive with the same weather all through the race ?

Shinzah
05-10-2015, 18:54

You're getting patches and new content every month, plus a free car.

I wonder what Codemasters or EA are offering lately.

Autosport has been out for a very long time and I can't even remember its last patch or free content. And it still has issues. And they are selling a complete edition for 80$ for a game that goes on sale almost weekly for 10.

I think you need to redefine what you consider "Top Notch Quality". You could get no patches until a reasonable amount of the bugs are sorted out and have to pay for every content. Would you prefer? No small fixes. No updates to the gameplay or graphics. No optimization until the game runs so good for everyone that things rarely go wrong, ever. Is this a better plan for you? Or better, why patch the game at all?

Anyway, to the OP - I sympathize with your frustration. I'm not going to say to not stop playing or call the action pathetic or whatever. I think before you decide to put the game down you could take a breather for a while. Bad things happen, sometimes. I've never seen this bug happen with any car yet. I've always gotten my wets at the first sign of rain. You could shorten your race and/or try to survive the distance, or retire and continue your season. I'm sure this is a high priority in the patch fixes.

Seelenkrank
05-10-2015, 19:08
Drive with the same weather all through the race ?

career race, so no option to decide which weather i prefer :p

Seelenkrank
05-10-2015, 19:11
Anyway, to the OP - I sympathize with your frustration. I'm not going to say to not stop playing or call the action pathetic or whatever. I think before you decide to put the game down you could take a breather for a while. Bad things happen, sometimes. I've never seen this bug happen with any car yet. I've always gotten my wets at the first sign of rain. You could shorten your race and/or try to survive the distance, or retire and continue your season. I'm sure this is a high priority in the patch fixes.

the sad part: in the qualifying its starts to rain and i got intermedia and wet tires on both pitstops. in the race not, thats the frustrating part!
and i dont stop PCars complete, but no career until this is fixed because im playing in LMP2 endurance now.
so some singleraces or some AC...

jack1984
05-10-2015, 20:12
You're getting patches and new content every month, plus a free car.

I wonder what Codemasters or EA are offering lately.

Autosport has been out for a very long time and I can't even remember its last patch or free content. And it still has issues. And they are selling a complete edition for 80$ for a game that goes on sale almost weekly for 10.

I think you need to redefine what you consider "Top Notch Quality". You could get no patches until a reasonable amount of the bugs are sorted out and have to pay for every content. Would you prefer? No small fixes. No updates to the gameplay or graphics. No optimization until the game runs so good for everyone that things rarely go wrong, ever. Is this a better plan for you? Or better, why patch the game at all?

Since when is "others are doing not such a great job, so be happy what you get" a valid argument?

All those questions you raise are irrelevant and you don't get my point. Of course, it is good to deliver little patches often (IT based on Agile / Scrum methodology, if this says you anything). My observation is that with every patch new bugs are introduced. Since I work in the IT industry I know that most of the times this a quite worrisome sign of the quality of the software design / architecture. So don't be surprised that some issues will unfortunately never be solved.

LordDRIFT
05-10-2015, 20:20
I really did want to like this game. In fact I came it at 100% ready to love it. Its brilliant when it works, but the mine fields and dice roll required to navigate in order to string together some decent sessions is just too much of a waste of my time. I literally have to try to pump myself up to play the game these days. I played one session of 3.0 and my ffb kept dropping. I had to restart the system to bring it back, once on track I kept hitting invisible objects, then the game freezes all the time. 4.0 I played 1 session and the handling just feels "odd".. Im done with game for now. I'm happy so many folks are happy though. Not me. Thank god for 2k16.

chig88
05-10-2015, 20:33
At the moment when we do long race's we turn rain off, I know you shouldn't have to but for the time being it does put a stop to these sort of frustrations.

Unfortunately I wouldn't even say that solves the problem. I've done races in the past with high tyre wear & ended up not getting the correct compound, ruining my pace.

Even worse, there was one occasion where I didn't get the fuel I asked for at Nordscheleife :/

Pink_650S
05-10-2015, 21:43
Since when is "others are doing not such a great job, so be happy what you get" a valid argument?

Since they ran out of all other arguments.

Bouyo
05-10-2015, 22:10
I have to admit that I haven't dared try the career mode, or any form of endurance race, simply because I don't want to be in that position of playing for hours then having everything go to hell.

Here's a quick fix: Have periodic save points exclusively for endurance races! Then you can revert back to before the code messed up and try changing something. Maybe every 30 mins could be a save point?

Mahjik
05-10-2015, 22:14
Here's a quick fix: Have periodic save points exclusively for endurance races! Then you can revert back to before the code messed up and try changing something. Maybe every 30 mins could be a save point?

*IF* they do add mid-race saving, it will be done during pitstops. Ian has already said he was opposed to the idea of being able to continuously save and use it as some sort of a flashback mechanism.

cry4dawn
05-10-2015, 22:31
I see all of these people complaining that the bug fixes aren't coming fast enough, but I have yet to see anyone volunteer to help with writing the code to fix the bugs.

If the bugs bother you that much, no one is forcing you to continue playing the game (Yes, it IS a game). Feel free to stop playing until the next patch, then see if they fixed your issue. If not, stop playing. While reporting bugs is helpful, complaining incessantly about them is not.

Does Alonso get a 'do-over' when Grosjean takes him out at the first corner at Spa? Does Verstappen get to revert to a saved game when he puts a tire off and spins the car into the wall? The game here is trying for a true simulation, not an arcade racer. Granted, if there are flashbacks available, I will use them, but if not I will take care to drive a little more conservatively.

Shinzah
05-10-2015, 22:47

All those questions you raise are irrelevant and you don't get my point. Of course, it is good to deliver little patches often (IT based on Agile / Scrum methodology, if this says you anything). My observation is that with every patch new bugs are introduced. Since I work in the IT industry I know that most of the times this a quite worrisome sign of the quality of the software design / architecture. So don't be surprised that some issues will unfortunately never be solved.

For someone who works in IT, you don't seem to have a firm grasp of the complexity involved in coding for modern game design at all.

As for your statement, the general trend is to do nothing and bottom dollar consumers for it. Sorry for being old fashioned, but I was raised to gracious to those who give me anything rather than repeatedly insult them for doing a poor job, especially when they are objectively and demonstrably doing more work than others in their specific field.

It's not an argument. It's a point of fact.

If I did make an argument, it'd look a bit "Stop your pathetic whining, I can't believe this excess level of entitled moaning and salty tears is permissible on the forum."

cmch15
05-10-2015, 23:16

Back to trying to help the OP, if it is possible. It was a lot shorter race in a career Clio Cup race with mandatory stop, so I don't know if this will help or not.

My race started wet and dried up near the pit window, but despite saving a strategy to go to Soft dry tyres it just refitted wets. There was no spray behind the car anymore but the track still looked dark, so I guess the game still thought it was wet. I solved this by driving on an extra lap so the track looked fully dry, it then fitted the dry tyres.

Edit: I had turned off "auto by weather" and set the tyres manually to start on Wets, but it still refitted wets in my first attempt at the race. Someone told me this was the bug, and it is fixed at "auto by weather" so I figured wait until it is properly dry and it worked.

With your issue it appears it is reversed. If it will work the same for the LMP2 class, you should drive on until you are getting light spray behind the car rather than what you see on the windscreen as it takes a while for the track to get wet. I think that inbetween period when the track just appears dark it will still fit whatever tyres you are already on.

Perhaps you could try a quick race with a weather change and see what happens rather than spending hours only for it to go wrong again.

goeiste
06-10-2015, 04:52
SO? just start over... I had a 24h race at lemans (Damage totally off) 8 minutes before time i had a crash in the second chicane (ralentisseur Michelin) and my left wheel was 180ş flipped over on my car. So don't complain here whether your stop driving Project cars or not. As if we would care less.
and uhh, by the way, if you ain't gonna play no more you'll never know if your "bug" is fixed

SUBGTRACER
06-10-2015, 05:03
software today is a very complex piece of code and every software has bugs so i be patient...

How patient do I need to be , its been 5 months ..... So please tell me what time frame I should be happy with . 12 months?

jack1984
06-10-2015, 08:04
For someone who works in IT, you don't seem to have a firm grasp of the complexity involved in coding for modern game design at all.

Since I have a master degree Artificial Intelligence and worked on complex projects, I probably don't know anything about complexity indeed. So please enlighten me what I don't get here, because I guess you seem to be an authority on this subject.

As for your statement, the general trend is to do nothing and bottom dollar consumers for it. Sorry for being old fashioned, but I was raised to gracious to those who give me anything rather than repeatedly insult them for doing a poor job, especially when they are objectively and demonstrably doing more work than others in their specific field.

It's not an argument. It's a point of fact.

And the point you are trying to make is....? I really appreciate that SMS is doing more work than others in the field, but I only made some remarks about its quality.

If I did make an argument, it'd look a bit "Stop your pathetic whining, I can't believe this excess level of entitled moaning and salty tears is permissible on the forum."

Impressive "argumentation".

mikutzu
06-10-2015, 10:08
I see all of these people complaining that the bug fixes aren't coming fast enough, but I have yet to see anyone volunteer to help with writing the code to fix the bugs. (1)

If the bugs bother you that much, no one is forcing you to continue playing the game (2) (Yes, it IS a game). Feel free to stop playing until the next patch, then see if they fixed your issue. If not, stop playing. While reporting bugs is helpful, complaining incessantly about them is not.

Does Alonso get a 'do-over' when Grosjean takes him out at the first corner at Spa? Does Verstappen get to revert to a saved game when he puts a tire off and spins the car into the wall? The game here is trying for a true simulation, not an arcade racer. Granted, if there are flashbacks available, I will use them, but if not I will take care to drive a little more conservatively.

(1) Since when the buyer needs to "volunteer" to fix the game?!? That is not his problem to begin with. :confused:

(2) You know that he payed for a finished product don't you? :eagerness:

jack1984
06-10-2015, 10:26
@mikutzu

It seems that some people don't get the concept of "customer". It is like buying a laptop which has some problems and hearing from the company "to volunteer" to solve its problems. Yeah, right...sounds like a great deal. :rolleyes:

chig88
06-10-2015, 10:50
It seems that some people don't get the concept of "customer". It is like buying a laptop which has some problems and hearing from the company "to volunteer" to solve its problems. Yeah, right...sounds like a great deal. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately quite a few people on here will take even the most ridiculous stance as long as they are seen to be defending the game. Which frankly does the same amount of good as those who constantly post hyperbolic 'the game is s**t' threads - none whatsoever.

Looks like that goes unnoticed by those in charge though :(.

Bkim
06-10-2015, 11:01
Yeah right! How far are we from the release? How many times did the devs fixed the pit bug in earlier patches? And they don't release patches before these are tested by a beta team isn't it? There is a difference between being overly positive (which can be a good thing) or being realistic. SMS shot themselves in the foot by releasing a half beta version of a game pronouncing it was a full release. While it seems pretty hard for devs to patch core race systems as a proper flag system and pitstops (not mentioning the AI), i don't think SMS is able to get inside the basic layer to patch things. My two cents: they went way to big...
My advise for Pcars 2: keep it small with high end quality.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 12:29
@mikutzu

Customers don't get the concept of customer. You are not special because you bought a product that didn't work for you the same as it doesn't work for others. You put either your blind faith into it, or poorly researched the information on it. It is up to you as a consumer to purchase the products that suit you best. The problems in Pcars were known and catalogged, especially on these official forums and in detail. Had you waited and exercised vigilance you would have seen exactly what you were going to get. This is the purest and most classic form of caveat emptor.

The fact that the product is supported for free after you bought it is something pretty unique to computer games and very few other things. If this was a used car, you'd be buggered. So I'd count your lucky stars and not put them all in the same basket the next time you wish to make a purchase.

Consumer entitlement is getting gross. This is a Capitalist society. Socialist societies are over someplace else.

Nelson Pacheco
06-10-2015, 12:32

dont be pathetic with this kind of comment

Seelenkrank have all right to be mad! Unacceptable this kind of bug.

We're playing for nothing?

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 12:54
Haven't experienced this pit bug. But then I don't trust pit engineer Ben to be on the ball.
I never set tires to auto by weather, I prefer to make my tire choice specific.
Pit crew always does as they're told: I set a pit strategy with wet tires, or edit my strategy when I enter pit lane. I haven't/don't leave it to auto by weather. Have any of you tried this and still had problems? Or is it only arising from the auto tire option?

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 12:57
Haven't experienced this pit bug. But then I don't trust pit engineer Ben to be on the ball.
Pit crew always does as they're told: I set a pit strategy with wet tires, or edit my strategy when I enter pit lane. I haven't/don't leave it to auto by weather. Have any of you tried this and still had problems? Or is it only arising from the auto tire option?

Tire selection has been broken for a while. It gives you the softest tires available to the track conditions. Usually. So if your pit strategy happened to conform to getting the softest tires/wets when track is wet, you wouldn't notice it at all.

You can start a session on your preferred tires, but you will forever get the softest tires to the weather when you pit. Or are supposed to. OP didn't, that's his problem he had.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 12:59

It happens no matter what.

If you pit in any rain scenario you get wets (mostly) if you pit in the dry you get softs, even if you request something else, no matter how. The getting softs when it's raining is strange, but I don't doubt it, the game may not have ticked over to that weather option for Abw yet.

xsomnivmx
06-10-2015, 13:01
Customers don't get the concept of customer. You are not special because you bought a product that didn't work for you the same as it doesn't work for others. You put either your blind faith into it, or poorly researched the information on it. It is up to you as a consumer to purchase the products that suit you best. The problems in Pcars were known and catalogged, especially on these official forums and in detail. Had you waited and exercised vigilance you would have seen exactly what you were going to get. This is the purest and most classic form of caveat emptor.

Yes. I bought the game month ago knowing it was flawed. And knowing that SMS promised to fix it. Is it my fault, that I bought a game that has not been fixed? Yes. But, it's their fault that it is not fixed.. which leads to:

This is a Capitalist society.

You vote with your wallet. And this my friends, is why I never ever will buy a SMS or Bandai game again in good faith that it will be fixed.

They have every right to release a game, call it 99,9% finished and in reality it's broken. But I have the right to notice that, to comment on it and to hope that it is in their best interest not to burn their name even more. At this point, among my friends, Project Car isn't a game, it's a running gag, a joke to describe a broken thing. That's sad, isn't it? And after month I get tired to defend it... so I moved on and spend my money elsewhere until Pcars works. Capitalism at its finest :)

PS

If this was a used car, you'd be buggered.

But the game is new. Don't know where you live, but in Europe companies must stand to the new stuff they sell. Guarantees etc. And if a new car would be so effed up, you sure know you would give the manufacture hell. Well.. no. You would be dead. ;)

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 13:05
That's the thing I'm wondering. I haven't had an issue with tire selection. I start with mediums and get mediums at pit stop if I set it in my pit strategy. If it rains I request wet tires and get them.
I wonder if the OP has specific strategies saved or he's going with default strategy and has tire option set to auto. Maybe just the auto option is broken - I don't know I don't use "auto" for tires.

xsomnivmx
06-10-2015, 13:08
That's the thing I'm wondering. I haven't had an issue with tire selection. I start with mediums and get mediums at pit stop if I set it in my pit strategy. If it rains I request wet tires and get them.

Try starting with soft and then change mid race to medium. TBO, didn't try this in a while, but last time i checked, it seems like you are stuck with the dry tire you choose at the start. Changing Dry/wet worked for me as far as i can tell 9/10 times.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 13:09
I wonder if the OP has specific strategies saved or he's going with default strategy and has tire option set to auto. Maybe just the auto option is broken - I don't know I don't use "auto" for tires.

I've gone in with Hards in a stradegy and gotten softs, Ive gone in and edited the Strat to try and get something besides softs too, still didn't work. I've tried every which way I can, on both X1 and PC and it doesn't work.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:10
Yes. I bought the game month ago knowing it was flawed. And knowing that SMS promised to fix it. Is it my fault, that I bought a game that has not been fixed? Yes. But, it's there fault that it is not fixed.. which leads to:

*Their, and that's the spirit! I'm glad someone gets it!

You vote with your wallet. And this my friends, is why I never ever will buy a SMS or Bandai game again in good faith that it will be fixed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/q0N87UcxJV34k/giphy.gif

While I don't agree with you, I do respect your position as a consumer.

They have every right to release a game, call it 99,9% finished and in reality it's broken. But I have the right to notice that, to comment on it and to hope that it is in their best interest not to burn their name even more. At this point, among my friends, Project Car isn't a game, it's a running gag, a joke to describe a broken thing. That's sad, isn't it? And after month I get tired to defend it... so I moved on and spend my money elsewhere until Pcars works. Capitalism at its finest :)

You always had the option to go someplace else and do something else which you enjoy. Nobody forced you to be here, or to play the game. I'm sorry about your social circle and I personally feel this is a level of unreasonable expectations that reflects poorly on yourself, and upon your social circle.

You however, are free to do as you wish within the confines of the society that you are a member of. Bravo for understanding how consumerism works though. I was getting worried that people had forgotten.

PS

But the game is new. Don't know where you live, but in Europe companies must stand to the new stuff they sell. Guarantees etc. And if a new car would be so effed up, you sure know you would give the manufacture hell. Well.. no. You would be dead. ;)

Pcars meets or exceeds all of the safety and quality regulations of the platforms and nations it was released upon and in. If it did not, SMS and Bandai-Namco would be liable for a class action lawsuit. With over 1 million sales, there would be plenty of agency had they delivered a product that was exceptionally poor and did not meet standards it was supposed to live up to.

See "The People V EA re: Battlefield 4".

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 13:22
Try starting with soft and then change mid race to medium. TBO, didn't try this in a while, but last time i checked, it seems like you are stuck with the dry tire you choose at the start. Changing Dry/wet worked for me as far as i can tell 9/10 times.

Haven't had a combination that didn't work for me. I've changed compounds: med to soft, soft to med, med to hard, dry to wet, it's all worked for me in different cars and tracks. Always got the right amount of fuel too.
The only problem I've had is in the Lotus 98T on certain tracks (Watkins GP, specifically): I've pit for damage repair only, no fuel or tires, and after within half a lap my tires are ~150c. Random times. Anyway...

I've gone in with Hards in a stradegy and gotten softs, Ive gone in and edited the Strat to try and get something besides softs too, still didn't work. I've tried every which way I can, on both X1 and PC and it doesn't work.

...should've got a PS4 :p

No seriously. That sucks. I haven't done enough offline/career mode but online MP the pit stuff is working fine for me.
I'm just curious whether it's specifically an "auto" tire option thing.
Or a career mode regulation/restriction thing.
Or the pits are broken.

Ps the first career invitational I got was the M1 Procar series and the rain race in that I got the right tires too, but I requested wets specifically, didn't leave it to "auto".

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:25
It's not a career mode thing. You can't run Hard/Medium compounds from pitting in long races in endurance cars. That's really not an issue with the regulations. It's a bug.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 13:27
Haven't had a combination that didn't work for me. I've changed compounds: med to soft, soft to med, med to hard, dry to wet, it's all worked for me in different cars and tracks. Always got the right amount of fuel too.
The only problem I've had is in the Lotus 98T on certain tracks (Watkins GP, specifically): I've pit for damage repair only, no fuel or tires, and after within half a lap my tires are ~150c. Random times. Anyway...

...should've got a PS4 :p

No seriously. That sucks. I haven't done enough offline/career mode but online MP the pit stuff is working fine for me.
I'm just curious whether it's specifically an "auto" tire option thing.
Or a career mode regulation/restriction thing.
Or the pits are broken.

Ps the first career invitational I got was the M1 Procar series and the rain race in that I got the right tires too, but I requested wets specifically, didn't leave it to "auto".

Procar is a bad example since there are only 2 compounds anyway. And I cant speak for career, but in MP and Free Play the compound selection doesnt work for me, on either X1 or PC. In my league we have to wait if it starts raining until the drops show on the windscreen, its the best we've been able to figure out to get Rains. But say you wanted Inters (we are using GT3 right now) you cant get them during a stop, you can only start on them if you choose too.

ps. No thanks, looks better on my PC, and the PS4 controller is........well nvm.....:p

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 13:30
It's not a career mode thing. You can't run Hard/Medium compounds from pitting in long races in endurance cars. That's really not an issue with the regulations. It's a bug.

Well if it's just happening with "auto by weather" then Ye, bug. But at least you can work around that being specific with your strategies/ tire selection.
If it's happening with specific compound requests then you're proper F'd and can't do races longer than a soft tire stint.
Bit of a head scratcher though as my pits are working fine as far as I can tell, others on ps4 it's broken, some XB1+PC guys pits are broken some not...

ps. No thanks, looks better on my PC, and the PS4 controller is........well nvm.....:p
Shush, you! I'm jealous of that xb1 controller...
Seriously that touch pad on the DS4 so far has been a waste of space. The speaker is cool when Engineer Ben talks through it though: actually sounds like 2-way radio.

xsomnivmx
06-10-2015, 13:31
*Their, and that's the spirit! I'm glad someone gets it!

Thanks. Even as a non native speaker that's a bad mistake.. :)

While I don't agree with you, I do respect your position as a consumer.

Fair enough. I think the whole situation is not about agreeing with each other, but to understand and respect the different point of views.

You always had the option to go someplace else and do something else which you enjoy. Nobody forced you to be here, or to play the game.

Yes, I moved on to other games for the moment. But I hang around, hoping for the next patch... and the next.. until it works good enough for me. And.. besides the problems the game has.. regarding sim stuff like wheels etc, this forum is still a good place for information gathering and full of nice and helpful people.

I'm sorry about your social circle and I personally feel this is a level of unreasonable expectations that reflects poorly on yourself, and upon your social circle.

You however, are free to do as you wish within the confines of the society that you are a member of. Bravo for understanding how consumerism works though. I was getting worried that people had forgotten.

What is unreasonable? Spending money on a game and expect it to work? Or spending something way more valuable for me, time, an races that glitch out and can't be finished?
Well, in this day and age maybe it is. But for many persons Pcars has set a new standard for broken games and patches that didn't help. But.. I think Tony Hawk 5 will soon take the crown. :D

Pcars meets or exceeds all of the safety and quality regulations of the platforms and nations it was released upon and in. If it did not, SMS and Bandai-Namco would be liable for a class action lawsuit. With over 1 million sales, there would be plenty of agency had they delivered a product that was exceptionally poor and did not meet standards it was supposed to live up to.

See "The People V EA re: Battlefield 4".

Well, I was thinking in a broader perspective, to be honest I have no clue what sort of problems a game could have that forces the publisher to recall it (like a car), and to be honest games are so cheap, I really would never take the time to do so.
It was more of an extend to the "used car" comment, underlining the apples and oranges way...

Raven403
06-10-2015, 13:31
Well if it's just happening with "auto by weather" then Ye, bug. But at least you can work around that being specific with your strategies/ tire selection.
If it's happening with specific compound requests then you're proper F'd and can't do races longer than a soft tire stint.
Bit of a head scratcher though as my pits are working fine as far as I can tell, others on ps4 it's broken, some XB1+PC guys pits are broken some not...

No that's what I've been sayin, it doesn't matter if it's ABW or a specific request it won't work.

Seelenkrank
06-10-2015, 13:32

i turned off the engi because of "blablabla"
i always choose on my own what tires i want, never ever use "automatic by weather".
i had a pit strategy and modified it (tire option) but it never works in LMP2 into the race.
in GT3 i get soft tires and wets when needed (or hard, never medium...)

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:32
Well if it's just happening with "auto by weather" then Ye, bug.
If it's happening with specific compound requests then you're proper F'd.

It's happening with the specific requests. You can set strategy to give you Hard/Med. You will get Softs or Wets depending on the weather. The bug is that it's stuck on "Auto by weather" always. But apparently for at least one person, even that didn't work correctly which is a shame.

This is a very much requested bug for fixing though. I'm sure it has been prioritized. It's been said it's been fixed, so it should be in patch 5, though.

It hasn't bothered me that much. Single stinting softs is usually the fastest way.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 13:33
It's happening with the specific requests. You can set strategy to give you Hard/Med. You will get Softs or Wets depending on the weather. The bug is that it's stuck on "Auto by weather" always. But apparently for at least one person, even that didn't work correctly which is a shame.

This is a very much requested bug for fixing though. I'm sure it has been prioritized. I wouldn't say for sure it will be fixed in patch 5, though.

It hasn't bothered me that much. Single stinting softs is usually the fastest way.

It was said to have already been fixed, but missed the deadline for 4.0 so it should be in 5.0.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:34
It was said to have already been fixed, but missed the deadline for 4.0 so it should be in 5.0.

That's right!

I forgot. ^^;

Thanks.

cmch15
06-10-2015, 13:38
Guys, please could you take your differences somewhere else? My post which MIGHT help Seelenkrank is now two pages behind your arguments. *steps down from soapbox*

Edit: Apologies Shinzah, Raven and hkraft, the above not referring to your conversation on tyre choice. Just the bickering posts.

Seelenkrank,

It was a lot shorter race in a career Clio Cup race with mandatory stop, so I don't know if this will help or not.

My race started wet and dried up near the pit window, but despite saving a strategy to go to Soft dry tyres it just refitted wets. There was no spray behind the car anymore but the track still looked dark, so I guess the game still thought it was wet. I solved this by driving on an extra lap so the track looked fully dry, it then fitted the dry tyres.

Edit: I had turned off "auto by weather" and set the tyres manually to start on Wets, but it still refitted wets in my first attempt at the race. Someone told me this was the bug, and it is fixed at "auto by weather" so I figured wait until it is properly dry and it worked.

With your issue it appears it is reversed. If it will work the same for the LMP2 class, you should drive on until you are getting light spray behind the car rather than what you see on the windscreen as it takes a while for the track to get wet. I think that inbetween period when the track just appears dark it will still fit whatever tyres you are already on.

Perhaps you could try a quick race with a weather change and see what happens rather than spending hours only for it to go wrong again.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 13:41
Guys, please could you take your differences somewhere else? My post which MIGHT help Seelenkrank is now two pages behind your arguments. *steps down from soapbox*

Seelenkrank,

It was a lot shorter race in a career Clio Cup race with mandatory stop, so I don't know if this will help or not.

I thought you couldn't change tires in Clio Cup?

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:42
I thought you couldn't change tires in Clio Cup?

Why would you think that...?

The last time I raced Clio in career, the main race had mandatory tire change.

You have a choice between dry and wet tires IIRC.

Raven403
06-10-2015, 13:42
Why would you think that...?

The last time I raced Clio in career, the main race had mandatory tire change.

You have a choice between dry and wet tires IIRC.

Ah ok. Idk I knew there were mandatory stops but its been a while. Standing corrected

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 13:43
Whoa... Unlucky...
Because I'll get mediums or hards even in GT3.
Even got fancy in a race and ran mediums at the back and soft front. Pit crew did an awesome job. Didn't even drop a wheel nut! ;)

Sometimes I'm fast enough in the mediums and use 1 set for the whole race, and take positions while others change tires. Gotta set the car up for it and work these sneaky tricks because I'm not so fast see...
I haven't found a decent LMP league to race in yet :(

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:49
Whoa... Unlucky...
Because I'll get mediums or hards even in GT3.
Even got fancy in a race and ran mediums at the back and soft front. Pit crew did an awesome job. Didn't even drop a wheel nut! ;)

Sometimes I'm fast enough in the mediums and use 1 set for the whole race, and take positions while others change tires. Gotta set the car up for it and work these sneaky tricks because I'm not so fast see...
I haven't found a decent LMP league to race in yet :(

PS4 users have working pit strategies?

https://media.giphy.com/media/HihTAdVMgLiTu/giphy.gif

I knew I should have bought a console.

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 13:54
PS4 users have working pit strategies?

https://media.giphy.com/media/HihTAdVMgLiTu/giphy.gif

I knew I should have bought a console.

Slow down, turbo.
Just ask Pink_650s about her PS4 issues (non of which I'm having since patch 2/3, oddly) :p
Plus no 4K and MP is only 16 max in a race...

But yes. My pit crew are good bunch. Not the smartest, but they do as they're asked.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:58
Slow down, turbo.
Just ask Pink_650s about her PS4 issues (non of which I'm having since patch 2/3, oddly) :p
Plus no 4K and MP is only 16 max in a race...

But yes. My pit crew are good bunch. Not the smartest, but they do as they're asked.

I...I thought Pink was a guy. Now everything makes so much more sense. Especially the second half of that sentence.

I don't use 4k or play online ^^;

Well, I do use DS2X

Well, I'll miss that and ultra settings.

Well, but I'll get my goddamned tires though.

Hm.

hkraft300
06-10-2015, 14:16
I...I thought Pink was a guy. Now everything makes so much more sense. Especially the second half of that sentence.

I don't use 4k or play online ^^;

Well, I do use DS2X

Well, I'll miss that and ultra settings.

Well, but I'll get my goddamned tires though.

Hm.

Oh no you didn't! (Insert appropriate meme for me please. I'm posting from my phone and it's stupid).

She's not the only one having problems. But that's another discussion.

Stay away from the digital download and buy the hard copy. From what I've seen on this forum, the hard copy has less problems on PS4. Plus I'll trade it in for pCars 2 probably :p

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 14:28
Oh no you didn't! (Insert appropriate meme for me please. I'm posting from my phone and it's stupid).

https://media.giphy.com/media/Y24H0Ir2lYStO/giphy.gif

Happy to oblige, my good man.

Seelenkrank
11-10-2015, 14:12
race succesfully ended! :biggrin-new:
is the horrible tire wear on the front with wets normal?
its like sitting someone with a knife on the front axle and shredding rubber from the tires.
15 laps without hard breaking and blocking tires and the tires are gone on the front.
on the rear nearly nothing (~5% tirewear)

hkraft300
11-10-2015, 14:41
Scrubbing maybe? Excessive understeer... That's if you're 100% sure you weren't locking brakes.
Try some wet practice with telemetry - you will see yellow circles on the loaded tires. The front and rear will be a nice yellow, but if the front is a darker colour/ red during braking/turning means you're getting more tire wear.

Seelenkrank
11-10-2015, 15:03
ahh ok ,i will take a lock on this thx!

cmch15
11-10-2015, 16:29
race succesfully ended! :biggrin-new:
is the horrible tire wear on the front with wets normal?
its like sitting someone with a knife on the front axle and shredding rubber from the tires.
15 laps without hard breaking and blocking tires and the tires are gone on the front.
on the rear nearly nothing (~5% tirewear)

Glad you finished, how did you do it?

Seelenkrank
11-10-2015, 16:51
do what?
PC got tire bugfix with 5.0 (and its working!)

cmch15
11-10-2015, 17:34
Ah, ok cool. Forgot you were on PC but at least that confirms it's fixed.

tclancey
11-10-2015, 20:30
I have written many posts on fundamental flaws, and I'm amazed the major issues are not being addressed while superfluous glitches are fixed and liveries released. Yes I know you have developers in teams working on different parts of the game, but surely there are core developers working on physics and AI behaviour?

We have a weather system that doesn't work at all, or at very best is completely pointless.
We have major problems saving car setups.
We have problems with AI getting stuck in the pits.
We have problems with AI driving lap times that aren't possible.
We have problems with xBox controllers.
And I could list a load more fundamental, low level issues.

Please can we have a meaningful concerted effort to fix the very bottom layers of the game before putting in so much chintz and furniture it becomes impossible?

I love this game and despite a few rants - usually just after a 5 hour solo weekend has come to an abrupt and unexpected end - I wont be playing anything else in the near future, I'd just like to see a real effort to fix the big things before releasing new frills.

Seelenkrank
11-10-2015, 22:01
you need to wait until the patch arrives on your console or switch to PC...

ex_
13-10-2015, 20:58

most of the other racing games, especially GT franchise, has had the same type of progression. fix, new bug, fix that, new buy, fix that, time and time again. As others said, this is a very complex thing to create a racing game and so many pieces intermingling with each other. It is often impossible to know all ramifications of a code change until it's out in the public.

A lot of you waited years for this to be made (I patiently watched from outside of the WMD portal), so I don't understand why a few more months of not having everything promised is such a huge issue. Just enjoy what you have, already.

Gran turismo is far, far worse, which has just delivered (sort of) it's promised course creator that was touted as a feature of the game two years ago now...

Nomad06
14-10-2015, 03:17
The frustrating part is that devs say the pit bugs(some of them atleast) are fixed. BUUUT, they did not manage to get it ready for patch 4.0, allright fine. But why not realease it as a hotfix? I mean this game is now serverall months old, and there are so many great sim games out there now so why hold back fixes when you have made them when people allready have so many great sim games to choose from with alot less bugs?

And not that long ago it was update to the game when the DLC was out, why not include the pitbug fixes in that update when its made?...I can only talk for myself ofc but Im done with this game soon, yes the career mode is great, yes the graphic is great etc. But I dont care anymore...I have tried so many times now with my endurance series career but ruined by bugs race after race after race. And yes you can say ''Well it will be fixed just wait'' But...so?...The game is allready many months old, how long should we wait? And you have Stock Car Extreme, R3E, iRacing, rFactor 1-2 etc etc out there so I don't see the reason to wait anymore soon...

Agreed...those of us that have been here since day 1 have put up with a lot of garbage. ..and it doesn't seem to be getting better. ...and I hate when they use the word "fix" these days....and in fact I cringe as I am not wanting to install...but in order to play online I have no friggin choice. ..its like SMS is trying to pick up too many apples at once...they pick up 6 drop two, pickup those two and drop 3...and now another huge update 4+gb and its even worse...can tune setups while on line...have to go with what every is in your garage..I mean before could setup a private room...invite friends and work on our setups via testing. ..and that was very important to me...I really enjoyed that aspect. ..now its all locked. ..which is BS and how long are we gonna have to wait for the next 5gb patch that fixes nothing ...but hey for the 6 people that use Oculus Rift. ..cheers

hkraft300
14-10-2015, 03:49
and now another huge update 4+gb and its even worse...can tune setups while on line...have to go with what every is in your garage..I mean before could setup a private room...invite friends and work on our setups via testing. ..and that was very important to me...I really enjoyed that aspect. ..now its all locked. ..which is BS and how long are we gonna have to wait for the next 5gb patch that fixes nothing ...but hey for the 6 people that use Oculus Rift. ..cheers

What are you talking about? Are you sure your update had installed? Maybe you have "Forced Default Setups" option enabled?
I just did a few online races after installing the patch.
One was a Group 4 lobby with force default setups. I can say that option now works, even though I'm against it. It is a 1 car class so we were all in BMW M1.
2nd lobby had car class "Any" but the host was in a Lotus 98T so that's what I chose. Setup changes were available and effective.

On another note, the large file sizes I believe are due to the DLC content included in the patch. New cars and tracks.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 04:09
I would say you could be right there Hkraft , I don't think Nomad perhaps knows that the option was coming into the game .

And yes your DLC is in that patch

Nomad06
14-10-2015, 04:11
What are you talking about? Are you sure your update had installed? Maybe you have "Forced Default Setups" option enabled?
I just did a few online races after installing the patch.
One was a Group 4 lobby with force default setups. I can say that option now works, even though I'm against it. It is a 1 car class so we were all in BMW M1.
2nd lobby had car class "Any" but the host was in a Lotus 98T so that's what I chose. Setup changes were available and effective.

On another note, the large file sizes I believe are due to the DLC content included in the patch. New cars and tracks.

Yea...thank you...wow, nevr had that on before 450hrs of track time...including this weekend never had that...now its on...anyway thanks again. ..didn't get any new tracks or cars with the patch that I am aware of..already d/loaded the DLC separately. ..this 4+gb was just...at least in the release notes...for fixes and Oculus Rift??

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 04:13
DLC is there ....you just cant unlock it :)

hkraft300
14-10-2015, 04:20
DLC is there ....you just cant unlock it :)

... Until you buy the DLC from PS store which, for reasons unbeknownst, is not made available until the XB1 guys also get their update.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 04:32
... Until you buy the DLC from PS store which, for reasons unbeknownst, is not made available until the XB1 guys also get their update.

I like that whoever is quicker than the last, blames the next for their tardiness.

PC users blame PS4 and PS4 users blame Xbone ^^;

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 04:46
I like that whoever is quicker than the last, blames the next for their tardiness.

PC users blame PS4 and PS4 users blame Xbone ^^;

hehehe true true

diesel97
14-10-2015, 13:44
What make every body think that the DLC will unlock as soon as the patch is released ? The DLC unlocks at the end of the month. 30 days is 30 days no matter what part of the world you are from. The last DLC 's unlocked after the patch because the patch didnt clear until the end of the month.