PDA

View Full Version : The GT3 obsession

Hornetvenom
04-10-2015, 23:39
Before I start this let me state that I enjoy the GT3 class. There are multiple cars that depending on track I enjoy driving.

The negative side of this post is simple. Unless you host a GT3 lobby you struggle to get people involved. Be it Rookie, Gulf, TC1/2 or 3. Road cars, LMP or track day, you're gonna get a handful of people who soon decide they want to return to GT3.

This is not me insulting the game in any way shape or form. The game is fantastic and I game on it nightly. I just wish people would dare venture into something outside of their comfort zone when it comes to the cars.

(I also wish people would spend a bit of time tuning their cars so they were not so far off the front runners but that's another matter entirely.)

nissan4ever
04-10-2015, 23:49
I'll 2nd that. I glanced at the lobbies list the other day. All GT3 class (5 lobbies were up). Was going to jump in a LMP900 if there would have been one open. I was in the mood for that online.

Ribbito
04-10-2015, 23:52
I agree wholeheartedly. I enjoy racing my 12C GT3 car. However, I would like to race other classes but races against 3 is less fun than 12. I really like GT4 but I can rarely get more than 3. It's a tad frustrating.

Rockefelluh
05-10-2015, 01:25
Unfortunately it won't get better.

EpilepticToast
05-10-2015, 03:18
This really bugs me as well. I love the GT3's also, but only every now and then or for a league race. It seems like it's always 80% of the public lobbies are just different variations of GT3 racing, and people feel the need to set up another GT3 lobby even when there's multiple others that aren't even full. It's a real shame, whenever I try create a lobby running something more interesting, few people join and they almost always end up leaving in the middle of the (short) race. If you guys are looking for more diversity, you can join up with me and a cool group of guys in a public lobby who do nightly (NA) racing in all kinds of classes. Look out for a lobby hosted by UNDEADSKYDIVER and join us. We rarely touch GT3 and instead race the most exotic cars in the game to spice things up.

Sheldon
05-10-2015, 03:31
I think the GT3 class has the most variety when it comes to cars so maybe that's why? I'm honestly not to sure. I only race GT3 but that's because the Aston is my favorite car in the entire game(until they add the R35).
Edit: Because of this thread I wanted to check out more classes to see what they offered and stumbled upon this Renault Clio TC1, it has to be the cutest car in the game, if anyone wants to race with these let me know. But I think if SMS were to add more cars in each class(expect GT3) we would see a lot more race classes in online. Pcars is still a new game so who knows we may see this happen in the future.

TheReaper GT
05-10-2015, 05:20
I think the GT3 class has the most variety when it comes to cars so maybe that's why? I'm honestly not to sure. I only race GT3 but that's because the Aston is my favorite car in the entire game(until they add the R35).
Edit: Because of this thread I wanted to check out more classes to see what they offered and stumbled upon this Renault Clio TC1, it has to be the cutest car in the game, if anyone wants to race with these let me know. But I think if SMS were to add more cars in each class(expect GT3) we would see a lot more race classes in online. Pcars is still a new game so who knows we may see this happen in the future.

The touring cars are awesome. Both Clio and BMW are great fun tu drive and challenge to master. Group 5 and old dtm cars are fun as hell too. Formula Gulf, Rookie and C are very challenging after you get the hang of them. Who am I kidding, I really like all cars in the game, some only for free practice, but love them all.

Invincible
05-10-2015, 07:04
If the driver field has more or less similar speed, the Ginetta GT5 can offer really awesome and tight races. Even if they're slow, they are quite fun to drive.

Apoc112
05-10-2015, 07:53
If the driver field has more or less similar speed, the Ginetta GT5 can offer really awesome and tight races. Even if they're slow, they are quite fun to drive.

In public racing, slower cars tend to make for better action, anyway. Without vetted and ranked competition to ensure everyone is a fast driver, putting a bunch of rando's into fast cars tends to lead to a pack that spreads out as the quick drivers leave everyone behind, and the slows struggle to keep up. Little mistakes are amplified, etc. etc.... i think the Rookies and GT5s offer some of the best MP racing i've seen in any game, and would love to see more like this. Spec Miatas, anyone? :D

wraithsrike
05-10-2015, 08:00
GT5 Historic all the way, not actually keen on the GT3 I'm more of an older model kind of guy :-)

Dan77 DESTROYER
05-10-2015, 12:12
Have noticed over the past few nights there's only a handful of gt3 lobby's and not much else, I gave the formula c a go last night for the first time since the recent patch and it feels amazing compared to before, so much more planted and true on turn in,
I've noticed quite a bit of difference with many cars they just feel so much better, definatly need to get my tuning head on as i am finding myself at the back of the pack currently which gets frustrating.

It's starting to feel alive and more engaging again for me :D

My only rant is I've been disconnected from online lobby's a heck of a lot over the last few nights, something I experienced rarely before this recent patch.

Fractured Life
05-10-2015, 12:15
Some like not wrecking their car before even getting a qualifying lap in... so heated tyres on gt3's are a big help! I think as a class, it has good choice and with the different characteristics of each car the racing is good craic, my m3 is destroyed on the straights but lethal through the twisty stuff (although limited by my average pace!)

I love racing the slower m3 gt3 against the big merc, astons, Porsche etc. After that I like the GrpA bmw, the old grp5 Beemer and any pretty much any of the touring/sports car classes. GT3 usually have bigger grids so I load those races before anything else. Occasionally you'll see a big F gulf 1000 lobby but crashers in these lobbies are worse as the cars flip etc when touching wheels, so I tend to be apprehensive about joining open wheel races.

Clio's are the balls.

Roger Prynne
05-10-2015, 12:48
I think the lower class cars are some of the best for good racing, offline and online.
I especially have excellent races with the GT4's.
Also the Ginetta Junior although one of the slowest is a very satisfying car to race with.

But I love them all really.

Umer Ahmad
05-10-2015, 14:16
I'm starting to appreciate road cars. They're "looser" but more rewarding/challenging than the race cars. You'll experience some good old sideways physics. In love with rt12r at the moment. If you setup the car for your style and respect the limits there's good fun in this category.

chig88
05-10-2015, 15:01
I'm starting to appreciate road cars. They're "looser" but more rewarding/challenging than the race cars. You'll experience some good old sideways physics. In love with rt12r at the moment. If you setup the car for your style and respect the limits there's good fun in this category.

The McLaren 12C is very good fun aswell - I love how you can steer it with the throttle :D.

Understeering? No problem - you can solve that with a boot-full of power :).

Having said that I am starting to think the best racing comes in the GT & LMP categories. Unfortunately the lower classes are affected too much by the door glue bug so body contact is just a complete no. At least in the quicker cars you have some speed differentials down the straights & into the braking zones to create opportunities to pass.

Roger Prynne
05-10-2015, 15:19
Great fun....

http://youtu.be/hXY_uVMFgyE

Raven403
05-10-2015, 16:01
The McLaren 12C is very good fun aswell - I love how you can steer it with the throttle :D.

Understeering? No problem - you can solve that with a boot-full of power :).

Having said that I am starting to think the best racing comes in the GT & LMP categories. Unfortunately the lower classes are affected too much by the door glue bug so body contact is just a complete no. At least in the quicker cars you have some speed differentials down the straights & into the braking zones to create opportunities to pass.

I agree, the RT12 was alot of fun, and I am enjoying the GT4 cars alot too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOvkB3ekro8

d4ninho
05-10-2015, 18:17
its is simply due to the fact there is a variation of cars in the gt3 class.

this is a racing game with so few racing cars you can actually race car vs car.

its boring grids of 15 running the same car, yet you can mix up the tracks so each car is better suited and create a decent series in gt3 cars.

they needed to include a hell of a lot more race cars to keep us interested, forza gave us 400 that we can upgrade and change, this game gave us about 20 and 2 every DLC, that is simply not enough to keep ppl interested for the 2 years they say they are supporting it.

Umer Ahmad
05-10-2015, 19:52
Beg to differ. This game offers everything from karts (not my favorite) to open wheelers to road cars (modern and historic) to proper race cars (gt and prototype). WITH tuned tyre models for each class and historic variants. Also the cars respond will to tuning/setup changes. The RT12 tried to kill me on the default setup but now i got it tuned nicely, it's my go-to weapon in the ROAD-A class.

I dont think people realize/appreciate how deep the physics is modeled in this game. Dampers alone make a world of difference, same with differential tuning.

sbtm
05-10-2015, 20:14
The diff is not called the most important part of a race car for nothing. Right after that there are the dampers to bring your car in the perfect balance for the track. It's amazing how you feel the differences in handling and lap times with little different adjustments on the dampers and diff. Same for tire pressure, arb etc.... It can be overwhelming at times but when you have a great pace after tuning your setup for hours, it is very satisfying.

I like the gt3 cars very much, I watch gt3 races in my free time on TV or at the track when possible. But I also like slower cars and classes like gt4 or even the gt5. Prototype 2 is great racing too as well as formula gulf or rookie. But for those I need a private lobby with people I met in the internet, so you have to organise etc. I would appreciate it if more people would race other classes than gt3 online.

Dynomight Motorsports
05-10-2015, 21:23
I love the GT3's in fact I'm running a league on Wednesday nights. But I also love GT4's LMP's and F1. If you want a real challenge you can join this league that races every Saturday. They alternate between Classic F1, LMP2, and GT4 all no assists.
http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/xbox-one-lotus-classic-f1-world-championship.363/
Just check it out!:encouragement:

AdM1
05-10-2015, 21:57
Agree with the op, gets boring after a while.

Hornetvenom
05-10-2015, 22:14
Wow I am stunned. I had no idea this would get such a response. Just been running ginetta juniors and now about to switch to GT4. Had a decent amount of folks joining too.

Plato99
06-10-2015, 13:56
Wow I am stunned. I had no idea this would get such a response. Just been running ginetta juniors and now about to switch to GT4. Had a decent amount of folks joining too.

I was racing you last night I think?!
Donington Park GP circuit in GT3s. I was in the lead Ginetta.
Had a whale of a time (and two wins out of two, which is always a bonus!!)

Got to say, apart form the odd laggy player (bouncing all over the track), online multiplayer is a real blast. So much more engrossing and engaging than "the other racing game".

FlyLastShadow
06-10-2015, 17:42
Just restarted this game recently.
I do like the GT3 series but was trying few time to make a room for racing the Merc C DTM. But sadly no luck so far.

Dynomight Motorsports
06-10-2015, 19:06
Sometimes the best way to find likeminded people to drive with is to create your own league. I would love to see some organized leagues and give people more choices. If one organization could run several different leagues I think that would be very successful. ie.
1. DTM Leauge
2. LMP1 & 2 League
3. Forumla A league
4. Formula B league
5. GT4 & GT5

there are a lot out there but you really have to search them out. I suggest you find a league running a particular car you like and join it. At the very worst you make some new friends that like to run the same cars as you.

don't laugh I did create a GT3 league, but I just wanted to run a full series with some tracks I haven't raced on yet. But there are so many Awesome leagues on here If I had more time I would run them all. ;)

Hornetvenom
06-10-2015, 20:22
Wasn't me mate. I did do Donny last night but in GT4. (Also won that race.) What's your xbox name and I'll keep an eye out?

Haiden
06-10-2015, 21:31
Before I start this let me state that I enjoy the GT3 class. There are multiple cars that depending on track I enjoy driving.

The negative side of this post is simple. Unless you host a GT3 lobby you struggle to get people involved. Be it Rookie, Gulf, TC1/2 or 3. Road cars, LMP or track day, you're gonna get a handful of people who soon decide they want to return to GT3.

This is not me insulting the game in any way shape or form. The game is fantastic and I game on it nightly. I just wish people would dare venture into something outside of their comfort zone when it comes to the cars.

(I also wish people would spend a bit of time tuning their cars so they were not so far off the front runners but that's another matter entirely.)

I noticed the same. What sucks about it is, I have nothing against GT3, but I spend most of my time driving open wheel. When I switch over to get an MP race in, and there's nothing but GT3, I just go back to time trials or Race Weekend, because the GT3 handle so differently from open wheelers that I just don't feel like taking the time to adjust. Sucks that there isn't more variety online.

nwrlchargerl
06-10-2015, 21:41

Ran a LMP1 lobby earlier, pure smash fest. Best to round up some people that want to swap and change and run with them regularly, this lobby earlier were a public lobby. A combination of bad connections and bad driving made it impossible to race.

SIlEnT EsKiMO
07-10-2015, 10:57
Well I have to say plato your 2 wins out of 2 didn't really happen I know this for a fact so I thought I would just let you know it wasn't our lobby u was in sorry bud its true.. I do notice when someone come's in our lobby and wins bc it doesn't happen very often that said I will say something about gt3 now.. its so damn easy to drive them that's why u see so many lobbies open bc ppl don't like to have a hard time tweaking the cars well in my eyes the harder the car the better as it makes for a more interesting race with many out comes.. I race in a league too and the competition is very good from 1st to 9th was half a second now that's a tight fun lobby.. hornetvenom's lobby is a blast we raced for many years together along with our group we like to mix it up and give ppl help as much as possible but some ppl don't want to learn they just want an easy gt3 race...

SIlEnT EsKiMO
07-10-2015, 11:01
wasn't me

Plato99
07-10-2015, 19:01
Well I have to say plato your 2 wins out of 2 didn't really happen I know this for a fact so I thought I would just let you know it wasn't our lobby u was in sorry bud its true.. I do notice when someone come's in our lobby and wins bc it doesn't happen very often that said I will say something about gt3 now.. its so damn easy to drive them that's why u see so many lobbies open bc ppl don't like to have a hard time tweaking the cars well in my eyes the harder the car the better as it makes for a more interesting race with many out comes.. I race in a league too and the competition is very good from 1st to 9th was half a second now that's a tight fun lobby.. hornetvenom's lobby is a blast we raced for many years together along with our group we like to mix it up and give ppl help as much as possible but some ppl don't want to learn they just want an easy gt3 race...

You're right. I did come in to your lobby but exited as nothing seemed to be happening.
I went in to another GT3 lobby and thats where I got my wins in the Ginetta.

Just Another Frog
08-10-2015, 00:46
In all honesty I think GT3 is the only class that the PI balance of the entire range of cars is pretty much spot on meaning that you always feel like you can take your favourite car onto the track and have a reasonable chance of winning (or doing well) without the need to chop and change between different cars depending on which circuit you happen to be racing.
Other classes seem a bit unbalanced and lacking in variety to warrant any long term interest

I think the lower class cars are some of the best for good racing, offline and online..

Agreed. Not everyone wants to drive fast and furious and that kind of beggars the question as to why there are so few sub 120mph cars (that can be grouped together) included within PCars?

Plato99
08-10-2015, 08:56
Some of the best ever race nights I ever had on "the other racing game on Xbox" were in F class cars like the Peugeot 107s and Smart For 2s !!
Real door-to-door stuff with the lead changing every corner sometimes. Great days!

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 09:20
you are correct in your acknowledgement of nothing happening for you in our lobby i understand you finding an easier lobby to win in plato99.. seen you the night after you said you beat us all twice and damn your slow haha joke.. your learning right!!!.. keep up the learning i can teach you setups if it helps you?

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 09:22
i mean it will help you

Plato99
08-10-2015, 14:19
you are correct in your acknowledgement of nothing happening for you in our lobby i understand you finding an easier lobby to win in plato99.. seen you the night after you said you beat us all twice and damn your slow haha joke.. your learning right!!!.. keep up the learning i can teach you setups if it helps you?

Nope, I found a lobby that started racing rather than sitting staring in to space twiddling my thumbs waiting for another elusive 6 racers to show up!

p.s. would like to clarify again that I didn't claim to "beat you all twice". I already pointed out to your friend that I mistook your lobby for another I was racing in :rolleyes:
I'm not one to boast when I win at anything. Ask anyone who plays in the same darts leagues as I do. I'm a very humble sportsman :D

Plato99
08-10-2015, 14:21
Still getting my head around setups in PCars.
As in getting my head around how to save them and reload them for later use that is......

AdM1
08-10-2015, 14:31
Still getting my head around setups in PCars.
As in getting my head around how to save them and reload them for later use that is......

If you save a car tune on a track when you take the car to that track it should load automatically unless of course you have the infamous tune save bug.

Plato99
08-10-2015, 14:45
Still trying to work out how to use the same livery twice too.....

Nelson Pacheco
08-10-2015, 14:49

probably for you its easy to tune the car... its in english and you understand what is supposed to do when changing something

I never edit a default setup... i keep looking at that screen not know what to do
Also, GT3... probably its easier for everyone to drive, i use a pad to play and not all cars behave very good with a pad. Not that i dont enter a lobby full using a FA car, but if i see the FA car with no Aids on i just exit a look for something else. Creating lobbys also doesnt worth the time you spend waiting to people to enter

AdM1
08-10-2015, 14:54
Still trying to work out how to use the same livery twice too.....

Under the car selection, where you load the tunes too you can search the car that way and select the livery before selecting the car.

Sometimes it saves for the next time other times not, not sure if it's supposed too.

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 15:12
Had a whale of a time (and two wins out of two, which is always a bonus!!)(plato99)

He said he doesnt boast but i beg to differ sorry^^^^^

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 15:15
You want help and advice on car setups i can screen shot any setup for u to look at and see the difference if you like or i can tell you in a party ?

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 15:19
Nope, I found a lobby that started racing rather than sitting staring in to space twiddling my thumbs waiting for another elusive 6 racers to show up!

p.s. would like to clarify again that I didn't claim to "beat you all twice". I already pointed out to your friend that I mistook your lobby for another I was racing in :rolleyes:
I'm not one to boast when I win at anything. Ask anyone who plays in the same darts leagues as I do. I'm a very humble sportsman :D

You say twiddling your thumbs is that because u was so far behind.. i dont ever see our lobby sat around waiting

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 15:21
You say twiddling your thumbs is that because u was so far behind.. i dont ever see our lobby sat around waiting

you did claim to beat us until you was told otherwise bud.. js

TheReaper GT
08-10-2015, 15:21
Silent, your screen name is wrong, you talk too much.

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 15:35
you do have a point with the name.. but i also have valid reason for talking

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 15:41
oo wait am i in the wrong place to talk about project cars ? My bad i thought this was a forum to voice what you want to say sorry ;)

Plato99
08-10-2015, 16:30
Had a whale of a time (and two wins out of two, which is always a bonus!!)(plato99)

He said he doesnt boast but i beg to differ sorry^^^^^

you did claim to beat us until you was told otherwise bud.. js

If thats boasting in your world then I'm glad I got bored in your precious lobby waiting for your players to arrive.
Hardly a boast, merely delight and surprise (read it again, surely you can decipher that from my original post?) that in my second and third online races I actually brought the thing home in first place. Whats wrong with that?!! Like I say, I'm a humble guy, I was surprised and elated to have won!

I appear to have touched a nerve by mistakenly saying that I won in your (previously unrealised) unpenetrable fortress of a lobby. You appear to have a problem with me over a simple mistake, which a) I acknowledged to your much more approachable and pleasant friend, and b) I couldn't really care less about as it's obviously much more important to you than it is me. What do you want from me, flowers in the post? Thorntons Chocolates and an apologetic press conference? 50 points deduction and start from the pit lane?
You then take the classic aggressive/passive approach by trying to belittle me, humiliate me, and then offer help with car setups.

Let me see...... no thanks.

SIlEnT EsKiMO
08-10-2015, 23:11
You didn't touch a nerve in the slightest,I didn't belittle you as I was simply pointing out your mistake you posted in a forum that you beat us so I simply told you that you didn't and that I would of known.. Aggressive I don't think so if you think that's aggression your mistaken, as for humiliate you I would never do such a thing,I can however point out as I am allowed mistakes, correct as this is a forum right??? Please send me flowers I love flowers.. I didn't say our lobby was Unpenetrable I merely pointed out that you didn't win 2 out of 2 in our lobby. If you find anything I say offensive and aggressive I'm really sorry about that but that's just me

Plato99
09-10-2015, 06:35
The sound of frantic back-pedalling......
Perpetrator turned victim. Classic forum stuff.

Apology noted.
Enjoy the game.

SIlEnT EsKiMO
12-10-2015, 09:37
no back pedalling at all you said aggression of course you know it was a stupid statement but ay at the end of the day i still beat you END OF RIGHT!!

Plato99
12-10-2015, 16:18

nwrlchargerl
12-10-2015, 16:56
no back pedalling at all you said aggression of course you know it was a stupid statement but ay at the end of the day i still beat you END OF RIGHT!!

What do you usually race in?

TheReaper GT
12-10-2015, 17:11
What do you usually race in?

his mouth...

nwrlchargerl
12-10-2015, 17:15
his mouth...

Haha nice one, I've never seen this guy on project cars before. Just a bit curious to wether or not he races in GT3

Plato99
12-10-2015, 20:26
He owns GT3. He is GT3.

nwrlchargerl
12-10-2015, 21:46
He owns GT3. He is GT3.

What's your tag plato?

jbjs40
12-10-2015, 22:20
I agree with the guy who said the numbers of makes, makes GT3 more attractive. I love the old DTM cars too but there are some important ones missing like the Volvo 240 turbo. ALso the DLC really should be addressed. Tracks is fine all for that, but when cars are offered why not a whole class of cars that will eventually race against that one car? The BMW is nice but really I would like to see Seat, Alfa, or Honda, and others in that class. Same thing with the old Aston Martin, and the old Mercedes. Love the game and by no means is this a complaint but just a suggestion. Don't take it the wrong way.

Fractured Life
13-10-2015, 13:23
Which is boastful:

1.) Saying you are happy to have won two races :no:
2.) Implying you are too good to even be challenged and would beat someone every time :yes:

mcscott
14-10-2015, 14:26
I'd say that the GT3 cars are probably the easiest to pick up and play in my opinion. I think that's what makes them most popular.

PTG Baby Cow
14-10-2015, 15:51
not to mention its also one of the most popular televised race types. plus the cars look very good.

Still wish there were other options.