PDA

View Full Version : So is this a landmine or just a bad curb?

pigsy
05-10-2015, 04:09
http://youtu.be/g-pI25BQbVc

Also evidence of starting on pole and trying to keep out of trouble doesn't always work. Thanks to some over optimistic curb cutting by the AI.

NemethR
05-10-2015, 06:41
Never hapened to me, altough I do not cut that corner that much!

flymar
05-10-2015, 07:06
I must be lucky because since release I haven't encountered any landmines. Perhaps because I don't drive Formulas more

thomasjohansen
05-10-2015, 07:24
Landmine or not, the grass aint for racing.

maybe there was stone or a mole/groundhaug shot.

Is it you or AI thats driving like that?

havocc
05-10-2015, 07:35
Well done Sms, landmines for corner cutters is the way to go :D

Sankyo
05-10-2015, 07:52
Doesn't look like a landmine to me.

Cheesenium
05-10-2015, 08:54
A curb?

I am not sure whether it is a land mine. Some angles, it does looked like land mine but it could be the curb with buggy collision box of the car.

pigsy
05-10-2015, 08:59
Landmine or not, the grass aint for racing.

maybe there was stone or a mole/groundhaug shot.

Is it you or AI thats driving like that?

All done by the AI.
I started on pole on the right side (pitwall) side of the track. You can actually see me back off to give the AI room on the inside. But they all crashed over me.

joelsantos24
05-10-2015, 09:07
It's not the worse I've seen in the game. The AI will see no limits, in order to keep a position and gain one. I've seen the AI cut the Screwdriver at Laguna Seca entirely, just not to lose it's position to me. The AI is just crazy, and SMS has to do something about it once and for all.

pigsy
05-10-2015, 09:24
View from my car. I don't think I could have done anything to avoid that. Could have been worse, I actually recovered to come 7th.

http://youtu.be/58iCRZgME6A

Note in the original video the blue and white car that cut the curb completely and went over the grass came out in front and actually won the race.

Carinis
05-10-2015, 09:30
That ai always do that at the start of zolder, took me 10 try's to get through without getting wiped out

joelsantos24
05-10-2015, 10:23
View from my car. I don't think I could have done anything to avoid that. Could have been worse, I actually recovered to come 7th.

http://youtu.be/58iCRZgME6A

Note in the original video the blue and white car that cut the curb completely and went over the grass came out in front and actually won the race.
I know what you mean. In your place, I might've closed the door on them by taking the inside line on the turn a bit sooner. They seem to hold back a bit, when you do that. It makes sense, anyway.

Other than that, I hate it when you end up spinning your car in the middle of the track, especially when it's raining, and they just don't stop or slow down in order to go around you. They just smash into your car and then you end up disqualified.

Liquid7394
05-10-2015, 14:14
Hard to say. Looks like the curb might've been the problem though.

Schnizz58
05-10-2015, 14:35
A lot of the kerbs are pretty rough in a formula car. I try to stay off 'em for the most part unless I know they're smooth. For example you want to stay the hell off the ones on the outside of turn 1 at Hockenheim.

Mahjik
05-10-2015, 14:49
It's not a landmine. It's the due to the height difference of the non-tarmac surface and the backside of the curb. i.e. it's not designed to be driven over from that direction.

joelsantos24
05-10-2015, 16:43
A lot of the kerbs are pretty rough in a formula car. I try to stay off 'em for the most part unless I know they're smooth. For example you want to stay the hell off the ones on the outside of turn 1 at Hockenheim.
The kerbs at Nürburgring are generally horrible as well, particularly on the chicane just before the last turn.

Schnizz58
05-10-2015, 16:54
The kerbs at Nürburgring are generally horrible as well, particularly on the chicane just before the last turn.
Yeah, you just have to know which ones you can ride up on and which ones you can't. Just part of learning each track. Also, I should point out that I keep my formula cars pretty stiffly sprung so getting up on a rough kerb really bounces me around and can upset the car enough to cause a spin-out. Probably not real good for my wheel either.

havocc
05-10-2015, 17:02

I wasted so many hotlaps at that curb either because of corner cutting or car being bounced...

senn
06-10-2015, 05:01
Yeah, you just have to know which ones you can ride up on and which ones you can't. Just part of learning each track. Also, I should point out that I keep my formula cars pretty stiffly sprung so getting up on a rough kerb really bounces me around and can upset the car enough to cause a spin-out. Probably not real good for my wheel either.

Was lucky enough to do a few laps at Nurburgring back in 2011. What you don't see in most games is that some of the curbs on the Ring are square, and about 10-20cm high. Others are more like the typical curbing you'd expect at a track, flat and wide. We were told not to cut at all (rental car). Unless you were in some offroad buggy or 4wd, I'd say they would destroy most wheels on a road or race car.

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 05:28
Yes, I've heard that about the ring.

AZT Turbo
06-10-2015, 09:58
On the ring they are not kerbs, some are small walls!