PDA

View Full Version : Replay problems (after patch 4.0)

Shi
05-10-2015, 08:58
There are still some issues with the replay of online races.

I saved replays from online races which have been about 1 hour long. When watching the replays I recognized the following "bug"

1. In nearly every replay there is one or more cars which wonīt move. They stand still on the starting grid until the race is over.
Has this issue been reported or has somebody recognized the same problem?
I guess this happens only to cars which donīt go the full race distance. A car that donīt finish the race or get lapped to often.

2. This is really curious. Sometimes you can see 2 cars on one starting position in the grid. If that happens the whole field will be switched.
So you remember having a duel with a RUF RT12 R for example. But in the replay itīs another car because of the displaced cars in the grid.
This happens only if two cars are sharing one starting position in the replay.
Did somebody recognized this issue too?

3. Sound problems.
This one is well known. The sound of the cars is stuttering.

Can somebody tell me if these issues are known to SMS or other palyers?
I could find just older "replay threads" in the forums.

Thank you.

Shi
21-10-2015, 08:01
They are still there after patch 5.0

They are even worse. We had a 1 hour race at sunday with 12 cars online.
After finishing the race I saved the replay as unsual. I watched it the next day.

I can watch 3 (!) cars moving. The rest of the grid stands still at the start/finish line.

This is so bad. I wanted to upload some racing action of our league. This would be a great advertising for Project Cars but under this circumstances itīs impossible to show the people a nice replay.
Itīs a shame!

Kidney
23-10-2015, 14:17
Had a similar issue. 16Cars in an online race. 4 wont even appear in the replay, and 3 stood still in the grid.
Other issue that annoys me is: imagine an hour long race and you want to see something that happened, say 40m pasta the start, i have to fast forward all that time. You could have a timeline of the race and you simply go where you wanna.
Also, it would be very usefull to see the other players names in replays.

Shi
26-10-2015, 09:10
A timeline would be useful or at least a "jump to next lap" option by pressing a button.

mcooley9891
27-10-2015, 16:14
That is one the most annoying problems in the game and sometimes you see cars that weren't in the race or there will be invisible cars that one or two cars are crashing into

Shi
24-01-2016, 09:43
Replay issues after patch 8.0 still there!

Some cars keep stucking at the startline, other cars become invisible.

Known reasons:
- Player looses connection to the lobby during race
- Player quits during race
- Player gets operlaped
- Player couldnīt make the full distance of the race

Patch 9.0?

Shi
25-01-2016, 09:56
Replay issues after patch 8.0 still there!

Some cars keep stucking at the startline, other cars become invisible.

Known reasons:
- Player looses connection to the lobby during race
- Player quits during race
- Player gets operlaped
- Player couldnīt make the full distance of the race

Patch 9.0?

We had an 1 hour race yesterday. 11 participants. One of them gave up and logged out. BUT: The replay works fine! Every car is watchable from the beginning to the end of the race. No car is stucking at the starting grid. I asked 2 others, they confirmed the replay is fine!
If the replays are working now Iīm very happy and I have to apologize to the SMS-Team!

I can start now making racing vids and upload them.

Thank you SMS