PDA

View Full Version : GT gear ratios

Bkim
05-10-2015, 11:24
Will the gear ratios of the GT cars ever be synced to the real world? Right now they are way too short and it is impossible to race Le Mans with the GT cars...

Bealdor
05-10-2015, 11:27
Will the gear ratios of the GT cars ever be synced to the real world? Right now they are way too short and it is impossible to race Le Mans with the GT cars...

GT3 cars aren't built to race at Le Mans. Their gearing is true to RL btw.
The only GT cars that should run at Le Mans are the BMW M3 GT2 and the Aston Martin Vantage GTE and both have adjustable gearing ratios AFAIK.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
05-10-2015, 11:33
Pretty much yeah. GT3 gear ratios are heavily homologated, some cars have no options at all while others have only limited options. GTE cars like the M3 GT and Aston GTE though have extensive gear ratio options because GTE doesn't really limit those.

kevin kirk
04-06-2016, 02:31
Im just now getting around to racing at the le mans and im finding some gt3 cars cant even be raced there. The audi ultra gt3 car is one, the mclaren gt3 car is another. Even after setting the gear ratio for top speed Im hitting 6th gear banging on the revs even before the first hump on the first straight in the audi gt3 ultra. Is this what everyone is getting even after setting the gearing to as much top speed as it can go.

Mahjik
04-06-2016, 03:32
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40424-GT-gear-ratios
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?35045-REV-Limiters-of-GT3-are-Correct&p=1048786&viewfull=1#post1048786

F1_Racer68
07-06-2016, 13:28
You can now add the Corvette C7.R GTE to the cars that can and are raced at Le Mans.

F1_Racer68
07-06-2016, 13:38
Im just now getting around to racing at the le mans and im finding some gt3 cars cant even be raced there. The audi ultra gt3 car is one, the mclaren gt3 car is another. Even after setting the gear ratio for top speed Im hitting 6th gear banging on the revs even before the first hump on the first straight in the audi gt3 ultra. Is this what everyone is getting even after setting the gearing to as much top speed as it can go.

Because they are GT3 cars, not GTE.

As some of the other threads have already discussed, GT3 cars have specific limitations based on their FIA Homologation. The gearing specs in pCARS is based on those homologated regulations and specs. The GT3 spec is not designed nor built to be raced at Le Mans.

GTE cars (BMW M3 GT2, Aston Martin Vantage GTE and Corvette C7.R GTE) are based on ACO Homologation. These cars are much more highly modified from production and have a far more efficient aero package. They also have much more flexibility in things like transmission design. As such, they are able to make far more modifications to the car when compared to the consumer production version.

Although they look similar, and SMS has lumped them together in game, GT3 and GTE are VERY different cars with VERY different rule sets.

AbeWoz
07-06-2016, 13:41
GT3 cars will race at Le Mans this year in the one-hour "Road to Le Mans" race held on Saturday morning (June 18th) along with LMP3. I'm curious to see how they will cope with the speeds and see what times they are able to throw down. Albeit they will be driven primarily by "Am" drivers.
http://www.europeanlemansseries.com/en/news/road-to-le-mans-as-a-curtain-raiser-to-the-2016-le-mans-24-hours/4052

kevin kirk
08-06-2016, 23:36
I understand why they don't work at lemans. Allthough those cars seem to not be in gt3 spec when the AI drive them at lemans. Well I might have said that wrong. The AI in those cars at lemans seems to not have the gear limitation the cars have with the player driving them.From what I can tell anyway.

AbeWoz
08-06-2016, 23:40
in my experience, the only car that pulls away from me on the straights (i drive the vette) are the SLS and the Aston GT3. they have around ~190mph top speeds in game

graveltrap
09-06-2016, 06:20
I think part of this is also about aerodynamics, the low downforce settings are two slippery and lead to unrealistic straight line / top end performance, especially noticeable with GT3!

There is actually an hour long GT3/P3 race at Le Mans this year so we should get an idea of what they can actually do around the big track.