PDA

View Full Version : Spotters

Braken99
05-10-2015, 16:51
I recently played iracing a really like their automated spotter that tells you someones beside you and when you are clear. I play project cars daily and is a 10/10 to me but always room for improvement. Adding a spotter would reallly be awesome. Also if the look left and right angle could be adjusted that would also be great. I find i can only see at 10 and 2 and would like 3 and 9 oclock if possible.

Thank you.

ports
05-10-2015, 16:56
Check this thread out mate. Sorry just see your on xbox

NBRacing16
05-10-2015, 23:39
Yeah there are many times I wish that I had some help to see outside and around all of the roll cages

Shinzah
05-10-2015, 23:49
I think the external crew chief app that many of us are enjoying on PC might see a release through the new UDP streaming function of the API in future.

It has a spotter. Though for now, console friends are out of luck. ;-;

Fabrizio Restelli
06-10-2015, 03:48
Shame that is has to be an external mod. This feature missing in a racing sim in 2015 is ludicrous. Pay up the modder that might not even support it anymore in a year time and put it in the game!

Cheesenium
06-10-2015, 04:02
Shame that is has to be an external mod. This feature missing in a racing sim in 2015 is ludicrous. Pay up the modder that might not even support it anymore in a year time and put it in the game!

Other than iRacing, I wonder how many other games out there has this feature? Most of the other games I know that has Spotters are done via a mod.

I rather have virtual side mirrors than spotters as not all series uses spotters.

nhitrac
06-10-2015, 04:59
I rather have virtual side mirrors than spotters as not all series uses spotters.

That's true - never thought about that in terms of 'realism'.

What series out there uses spotters anyway?

E_Luckow
06-10-2015, 05:29

Spotters are important just in oval races. Nascar and Indy, for example

Cheesenium
06-10-2015, 06:14

NASCAR and Indy. The rest had to deal with side mirrors.

I would love to have something like this for pcars as I think the racing would be cleaner too because you can see your sides clearer.

http://i.imgur.com/ZlGjWds.png

It is not exactly realistic but it will help single screen users to see the sides better.

GForce
06-10-2015, 06:16

lucky for the PC guys with 3 monitors. for playstation it's not so handy to turn the head with buttons, especially when you use a wheel. :(

Cu
GForce

nhitrac
06-10-2015, 06:18
NASCAR and Indy. The rest had to deal with side mirrors.

Soooooooooo... Is using a spotter in say a GT3 race or FA/B/C race considered 'realistic'?

Me personally, I use it. But im just wondering about the folks who must have the ultimate realistic sim... Wonder if they use it? :o

Cheesenium
06-10-2015, 06:18
lucky for the PC guys with 3 monitors. for playstation it's not so handy to turn the head with buttons, especially when you use a wheel. :(

Cu
GForce

Thats why it will be nice to have virtual side mirrors. Easier for those who are using single screens.

Soooooooooo... Is using a spotter in say a GT3 race or FA/B/C race considered 'realistic'?

Me personally, I use it. But im just wondering about the folks who must have the ultimate realistic sim... Wonder if they use it? :o

Other games has this spotter feature but I never used it because it feels weird to hear someone talking to you all the time. Personal preference.

GForce
06-10-2015, 06:35
Thats why it will be nice to have virtual side mirrors. Easier for those who are using single screens.

Other games has this spotter feature but I never used it because it feels weird to hear someone talking to you all the time. Personal preference.

I agree, adjustable in the HUD or someting like this.
Or even better, multi screen support for PS4 (I know, I'm dreaming!) :cool::rolleyes:

Cu
GForce

Bkim
06-10-2015, 06:47
Problem could be easy solved with two extra mirrors for the dead corners, as rF2 has. I set my fov way up front. That way i cant see the side mirrors. But i do not expect that kind of sollution in Pcars.

jeneric
09-10-2015, 21:54
https://youtu.be/_HAnnkx-FFs

Here's me racing with the Crew Chief app. As I said before, the information it provides, beats the inane ramblings of the default engineer hands down. For me it's a must and it also features great voice recognition, it that's your thang. It's fully configurable and is also compatible with Raceroom racing Experience.

I've configured it so that spotting doesn't take place until 30 seconds into the race, otherwise it can sound a little manic at the start.

If you like it, consider a Pay pal donation to the developer.

Here's the original forum link:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-PC-users