PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Cam with no Helmet -- Audio

gelfie
06-10-2015, 03:22
Hi guys,

I use Helmet Cam with the helmet visibility turned off because I use head tracking software.

Im curious, is the audio I'm getting still the "You're wearing a helmet audio", or am I getting normal cockpit audio?

Silraed
06-10-2015, 06:59
I believe it gives you the standard cockpit audio without the helmet filter, which is a bit of a disappointment really because I would love the helmet audio.

flymar
06-10-2015, 07:39
Hi guys,
I use Helmet Cam with the helmet visibility turned off because I use head tracking software.
Im curious, is the audio I'm getting still the "You're wearing a helmet audio", or am I getting normal cockpit audio?

Why not change the view to cockpit and compare?

WeirdoLogic
06-10-2015, 08:54
HI,

Sorry for the being so vague, I've read so many post in the last few months..
But I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that the choice of sound (either inside, outside, helmet etc.) was hopefully going to be a setting in an upcoming update.

havocc
06-10-2015, 10:20
There's no audio difference between cockpit and helmet cam without helmet.

haydnbuzz
06-10-2015, 10:42
Hi there,

I'd given up on using Freetrack because of the helmet "overlay" and was disappointed that it couldn't be used in cockpit camera, but after reading your post I realised you can turn the helmet overlay off! So thank you for that as I previously discovered I could pick apex's out better and as a result run slightly faster. I've just given it a go and with the helmet overlay turned off in helmet camera mode you're getting the audio that would be default with the cockpit camera. The helmet camera audio when the overlay turned on is distinctly different and muffled to my ears. Anyway thank you for allowing me to realise I can enjoy Freetrack as I wanted, it's going to make such a difference to multiplayer and wheel to wheel racing and awareness!

WeirdoLogic
07-10-2015, 09:42
The helmet camera audio when the overlay turned on is distinctly different and muffled to my ears.

Yes, just tested and it IS muffled with the overlay on.

Well on the XBone version at least.
FTR, I personally run Helmet cam with the overlay off.

F2kSel
07-10-2015, 10:25
Seems fine on the PC what I don't like is the blurry dials and mirrors.

WeirdoLogic
07-10-2015, 10:51

That's a overlay also... Field Of View possibly... I'll check.

WeirdoLogic
07-10-2015, 11:00

Yeah, so go to Options & Help...
Camera...
Helmet Camera and goto (it's RB on the XBox) Movment.
And deselect Helmet Depth Of Field.

FTR, I run...

High Speed Shake ON
World Movement 100
G-Force Effect 80
Show Helmet NO
Helmet Depth Of Field NO
Helmet Look To Apex 30
Helmet Leaning 100
Camera Leaning 100

Good Luck and Enjoy.

Weirdo.

Just noticed that there is a Field Of View Speed Sensitivity selection in the Main Camera Menu...

I also have this set to NO.

This might also make a difference.

valeerosso
07-10-2015, 14:32
It is a bit disaappointing that the sound is the same with helmet and without. At least helmet view blurring is stil there and I really love it. By the way, any tip to increase blur effect when cornering?

hkraft300
08-10-2015, 12:44
High speed shake, somewhere in the menus.
Maybe if you increase world movement you may get a bit more shake?