PDA

View Full Version : Audi R8 V10 Gearbox bug

mod_dom
06-10-2015, 05:56
I've tried searching the forum for this already but I can't find mention of it.

It's happened to me a few time now when driving the Audi R8 road car; If I go over a crest and get airborne then land with a decent thud my gearbox bumps straight back to neutral, same thing happens if I hit one of those high curbs at speed.

Honestly seems like something the real car might actually do but I don't imagine it was designed to do that.

NemethR
06-10-2015, 06:23
I've tried searching the forum for this already but I can't find mention of it.

It's happened to me a few time now when driving the Audi R8 road car; If I go over a crest and get airborne then land with a decent thud my gearbox bumps straight back to neutral, same thing happens if I hit one of those high curbs at speed.

Honestly seems like something the real car might actually do but I don't imagine it was designed to do that.

It has been known, not sure when or if it gets fixed.

The R8 has some issues, I made a port about it here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39255-Audi-R8-Brands-Hatch-Issue

Flihp
06-10-2015, 06:23
Yeah reported the same a few weeks back on one of the threads, regarding that particular car going into neutral and fuel tank filling up after hitting invisible obstacles or something similar, apparently they were onto it and it missed patch 4. But in my case I had to go slightly off track at brands hatch for it to happen. Hope it is the same issue you are describing and will be fixed for you in the near future,

^^^^^^^ beat me to it..^^^^

The thread I posted in was this one here.. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37995-Dip-amp-Flip-Bug-(recorded-with-Telemetry-HUD)&p=1115671&viewfull=1#post1115671

Post #13

Phil

mmp
06-10-2015, 08:09
fuel tank filling up after hitting invisible obstacles or something similar

lol, pretty sure that doesn't happen in real life, or we'd see cars bumping into things all the time...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
06-10-2015, 11:31
This seems reminiscent of a problem that sometimes happened during development, namely that after a hard landing, or sometimes a hard crash, the physics of the car reset and the car was thrown into neutral along with other things. Been ages since I've seen that though, but it could still be plaguing the R8 which does behave oddly in hard compressions.

newcat
10-10-2015, 23:10
Have encountered the same problems. Do you know if this will get fixed and if yes, when? (I like the R8 very much but this bug makes it kinda undriveable)

The timestamps of when the bug happens are in the description. (Setup is default btw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEcFPtprnCo

10-10-2015, 23:28
It's not a transmission bug, it's a physics crash/reset bug I think. This car seems to have some problem with bottoming out easier than other cars (you often lose the tail of the car under heavy compression, like at the bottom of the Fuchsröhre), and it looks like it could also result in this sort of thing happening...

Also, you really shouldn't be jumping that high in a road car. =)

CPU M Rossi
11-10-2015, 22:43
It's not a transmission bug, it's a physics crash/reset bug I think. This car seems to have some problem with bottoming out easier than other cars (you often lose the tail of the car under heavy compression, like at the bottom of the Fuchsröhre), and it looks like it could also result in this sort of thing happening...

Also, you really shouldn't be jumping that high in a road car. =)

yeah just messed around with the R8 on the free roam test track and I would agree the car resets after the car bottoms out fairly hard
as the car cuts off goes into neutral the wheels lock up and the rpms go to zero

lollygag
11-10-2015, 22:54
Simple fix, heighten bump stops to 63-65 and maybe stiffen the dampers... problem solved.

But as Jussi said the big jump on the Hwy is probably too much for any car much less a street car.

newcat
11-10-2015, 23:16
Yeah tried that, bump stops on max and also maximum stiffness overall. This time the bug only happened at the first big jump, but at all other jumps and the big compression after the tunnel it didn't happen - and the car was still driveable surprisingly well.

Umer Ahmad
12-10-2015, 00:08
I've reported this, thanks for video

CPU M Rossi
12-10-2015, 00:16
Simple fix, heighten bump stops to 63-65 and maybe stiffen the dampers... problem solved.

But as Jussi said the big jump on the Hwy is probably too much for any car much less a street car.
I tried that on the test track and with enough speed it still happens with everything for suspension maxed out as well as the bump stops maxed out but instead of happening at around 95mph it happened at 105mph

12-10-2015, 02:35
Yeah, all that is just trying to work around the issue, let's hope the devs can actually fix the underlying problem in an upcoming patch. Until then, try to think of it in the sense that "This is my own car, I don't want to abuse it, so I'll be a bit more careful with jumps and massive compressions." =)