PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU SMS AND PLEASE DO NOT MESS UP

flybikes
06-10-2015, 06:07
First of all, sorry my bad english. English is not my natve language.

1 - I want to thanks to the Slightly Mad Studios for bringing Project Cars. For me it`s the Simulator. There`s nothing like to 30 laps on Le Mans... start at night.. clear sky with the stars... than see the weather change to very cloudy.. then the dawn.. then comes the rain at day... the pitstops, the radio...the KERS...DRS... AWESOME!

I simply cannot say what I feel!

The sound... oh sh*t the sound of the cars are amazing.. you can feel the raw sounds from the beasts. VERY far (for best) from the generic sounds from forza... and you can really feel the road! It`s amazing.

THANK YOU.

and

2 - Please do not mess up with this simulator. I heard that you will bring "rally" to Project Cars 2... PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS! You will transform Project Cars in one more forza with everything and nothing really good at the same time!

We want it to be serious! Please do not loose your focus! "We" don`t want funny cars, and rally mixed with F1. Let the rally for games like Dirt. Again... do not loose your focus, we DON`T need and do not want another forza!

I`m afraid of what you can do with the next game!

Cheesenium
06-10-2015, 06:17
As far as I know, SMS had not confirmed that we are getting rally in the sequel that is probably out 2-3 years from now.

Mr.Smoke
06-10-2015, 09:57
As far as I know, SMS had not confirmed that we are getting rally in the sequel that is probably out 2-3 years from now.

From what i remember reading they are planning on adding "loose surface racing" in pCARS2. If its done properly, im very much looking forward to being able to sim rallly.

Cheesenium
06-10-2015, 10:49
From what i remember reading they are planning on adding "loose surface racing" in pCARS2. If its done properly, im very much looking forward to being able to sim rallly.

Loose surface could be anything at the moment. It could be rally, rally cross or something else that we arent aware off.

Point to point tracks takes ages to build one, which I am unsure SMS wants to do a game with 4-5 rally stages with a handful of cars. Even in dirt rally that has much lengthy stages, it still feels weird to have only 4 rally stages in the whole game.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
06-10-2015, 11:38
2 - Please do not mess up with this simulator. I heard that you will bring "rally" to Project Cars 2... PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS! You will transform Project Cars in one more forza with everything and nothing really good at the same time!

We want it to be serious! Please do not loose your focus! "We" don`t want funny cars, and rally mixed with F1. Let the rally for games like Dirt. Again... do not loose your focus, we DON`T need and do not want another forza!

I`m afraid of what you can do with the next game!I on the other hand definitely want them to include rallying and other loose surface disciplines in pCARS 2. In fact they were some of the most requested for pCARS 1 already (and the reason they weren't included was because SMS wants to make loose surfaces correctly, something they couldn't do within the development period of pCARS). There hasn't been a proper rally simulation before or since Richard Burns Rally, and no, Dirt Rally unfortunately doesn't go there either (a really fun game, but a dedicated full-on simulator it is not), and SMS seems just slightly mad enough to actually make a proper loose surface simulator.

So far it seems like SMS's idea is to take pCARS's circuit side of things and expand and improve it further, while adding a robust and versatile loose surface system to go along with it. They're not going to gut the circuit racing side of things for the loose surface side, don't worry about that.

Rob Prange
06-10-2015, 11:42
You can be assured that we won't add any new aspects to the new title unless they meet our usual high standard. That's actually the reason this feature, even though initially planned to be part of pCARS1 was postponed, because we need to do it justice..and we will.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 12:21
You can be assured that we won't add any new aspects to the new title unless they meet our usual high standard. That's actually the reason this feature, even though initially planned to be part of pCARS1 was postponed, because we need to do it justice..and we will.

https://media.giphy.com/media/asHT7eh4AwG9G/giphy.gif

I love it when you speak so confidently and take control of the situation, Rob <3

Dyemonic
06-10-2015, 13:32
You can be assured that we won't add any new aspects to the new title unless they meet our usual high standard.
Not to be rude, but there was a lot of stuff released in PCARS1 that was very buggy/unfinished so the standard needs to step up. At least now with a platform to work off of it should give extra time for testing and bug fixing.

flybikes
14-10-2015, 02:41
My fear will become reality... about project cars 2 we can read this :

THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER - 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including 'loose surface racing' on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars

in http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/announcing-project-cars-2

It`s confirmed.. they will want to make everything for Project Cars 2 and they will lost their focus. It will become a big game (like forza), with nothing really done right...It will become a rally game..a nascar game.. a formula game.. on ice, on asphalt, on dirt.. they will make a ton of money but they will lost the target that really love racing . That public, will play Asseto Corsa etc only on asphalt.

Besides that, there are so many things that should be improved (custom championships, pit stop animations.. for example) and bugs fixed in Project Cars, that adding a lot of new stuff life snow, mud and dirt, really opens a new world of problems.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 03:56
It`s confirmed.. they will want to make everything for Project Cars 2 and they will lost their focus. It will become a big game (like forza), with nothing really done right...It will become a rally game..a nascar game.. a formula game.. on ice, on asphalt, on dirt.. they will make a ton of money but they will lost the target that really love racing . That public, will play Asseto Corsa etc only on asphalt.

Are you sure about that?

Toca 2 and Toca 3 had all of these things, and they did quite well.

I'm glad that you at least went with the classics, with custom championships and pitstop animations and not with the lights though.

Cheesenium
14-10-2015, 04:38

Besides that, there are so many things that should be improved (custom championships, pit stop animations.. for example) and bugs fixed in Project Cars, that adding a lot of new stuff life snow, mud and dirt, really opens a new world of problems.

Grid, TOCA and Dirt games had done these for ages where their games are never focused on one discipline. Grid had a variety of road cars, drift, GTs, open wheels and touring and Dirt has rally, rallycross, gymkhana, trophy trucks and hillclimb in many games, their game quality never really suffered much from having too many disciplines. Ironically, Grid 2 and Dirt Showdown that had the least racing discipline are probably the worst games that bear the Grid and Dirt title.

The current game is already a open wheel game along with many GTs, road, touring and even go karts while Indy, NASCARs and possibly drifting are coming. Has the current game lost it's focus? SMS will have a much bigger game in pcars 2 but it is going a completely different direction than Forza but much closer to games like Dirt /Grid with multi discipline focus. Thats what a sequel should be, expanding on content that could not be done in the predecessor(ie: off road racing) while improved upon what the predecessor lacks in not rehashing the same game with slightly better visuals. In my opinion, i think a good portion of the existing cars, like the classic cars will be ported to pcars 2 so the game could already have a portion of the content already exist.

In the mean time, the public does not only play AC on asphalt. There are multiple mod tracks and cars that brings in rally stages while there are already ovals/NASCARS in the making for that game. There is also tonnes of drift cars mods out there. So the game will be losing it's focus for you then?

As long as the core driving is great with well tuned vehicles, I'll keep playing these games because I like good racing. Both SMS and Kunos delivers this aspects in spades.

I am still hoping to see pit animations and custom championship, which I hope they are still in the works.

So, you'll be much happier to have a pcars with the same content as we have now with some new cars and tracks?

flybikes
14-10-2015, 07:58
Grid, TOCA and Dirt games had done these for ages where their games are never focused on one discipline. Grid had a variety of road cars, drift, GTs, open wheels and touring and Dirt has rally, rallycross, gymkhana, trophy trucks and hillclimb in many games, their game quality never really suffered much from having too many disciplines. Ironically, Grid 2 and Dirt Showdown that had the least racing discipline are probably the worst games that bear the Grid and Dirt title.

The current game is already a open wheel game along with many GTs, road, touring and even go karts while Indy, NASCARs and possibly drifting are coming. Has the current game lost it's focus? SMS will have a much bigger game in pcars 2 but it is going a completely different direction than Forza but much closer to games like Dirt /Grid with multi discipline focus. Thats what a sequel should be, expanding on content that could not be done in the predecessor(ie: off road racing) while improved upon what the predecessor lacks in not rehashing the same game with slightly better visuals. In my opinion, i think a good portion of the existing cars, like the classic cars will be ported to pcars 2 so the game could already have a portion of the content already exist.

In the mean time, the public does not only play AC on asphalt. There are multiple mod tracks and cars that brings in rally stages while there are already ovals/NASCARS in the making for that game. There is also tonnes of drift cars mods out there. So the game will be losing it's focus for you then?

As long as the core driving is great with well tuned vehicles, I'll keep playing these games because I like good racing. Both SMS and Kunos delivers this aspects in spades.

I am still hoping to see pit animations and custom championship, which I hope they are still in the works.

So, you'll be much happier to have a pcars with the same content as we have now with some new cars and tracks?

I'll be much happier if they improve the atual game without getting lost going to far.

- 15 New tracks (like Interlagos)
- 60 New cars (GT3.458 Italia, Gallardo etc)
- New menus and overall presentation (the menus in project cars 1 are poor)
- new way to present the cars. The garage, the way it is right now dont make sense)
- 3 monitors support
- custom championships
- overal boost in graphics and performance/stabilitty.
- a flag system that really work
- Pace car
- 60FPS replays
- pitcrews animations and more elements to make the experience more real/live.
- new real time sounds from the radio/engineer\paddock
- various details, because the details make the difference (ex: the position lights in prototypes).

Overal that's it. Just to tell, you don't need to reivent the wheel every time to make a quality product.
APPLE - LESS IS MORE.

After you get a solid product, then maybe you can think on the next step...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
14-10-2015, 19:13
Overal that's it. Just to tell, you don't need to reivent the wheel every time to make a quality product.
APPLE - LESS IS MORE.Apple is great as an example of good marketing and brand building any day, but their actual products have never been particularly great, and in many cases have been quite horrible (especially considering the price).

Mahjik
14-10-2015, 19:20
I'll be much happier if they improve the atual game without getting lost going to far.

- 15 New tracks (like Interlagos)
- 60 New cars (GT3.458 Italia, Gallardo etc)
- New menus and overall presentation (the menus in project cars 1 are poor)
- new way to present the cars. The garage, the way it is right now dont make sense)
- 3 monitors support
- custom championships
- overal boost in graphics and performance/stabilitty.
- a flag system that really work
- Pace car
- 60FPS replays
- pitcrews animations and more elements to make the experience more real/live.
- new real time sounds from the radio/engineer\paddock
- various details, because the details make the difference (ex: the position lights in prototypes).

APPLE - LESS IS MORE.

After you get a solid product, then maybe you can think on the next step...

Just FYI, they can do those things and still work on loose material physics. The things you mention won't take up any physics developers time. However, work on losse material physics will help the overall tire model even if you prefer not to do races on anything but tarmac. It will enhance the way the tires work when dropping tires off tarmac as well as other aspects. But make no mistake about it, they aren't re-inventing the wheel. They are taking what was started with pCARS1 and moving it forward.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 20:21
Apple is great as an example of good marketing and brand building any day, but their actual products have never been particularly great, and in many cases have been quite horrible (especially considering the price).

I'd go a bit farther. Apple is a great example of how to take advantage of consumers and run a near monopoly with a purely capitalist approach that consistently maximizes profit while minimizing investment.

The marketing is more a feature of being able to position itself correctly in order to exploit its market. I wouldn't necessarily call it good. I would call it effective.

But I have a very large axe to grind with Apple, anyway.

I think the OP is wrong however. With Apple, More is more.

flybikes
14-10-2015, 22:19
Apple is great as an example of good marketing and brand building any day, but their actual products have never been particularly great, and in many cases have been quite horrible (especially considering the price).

Apple products are fantastic.. If you have a PC for editing.. you just have a pc... if you have a MAC, you have a Tool. Enough said.

The probability of your pc crash (without any major program or game) is way higher than a MAC. A PC with 4 years is nothing... is good for trash. A Mac with 10 years... is still a VERY good tool. You buy an MAC and you don`t have to think about directX, formating, burned power supplys, specs etc... pc is good for gaming/fun. Period. The hardware specs "do not apply" in Apple products in the same way that it does on PC(Android). That`s what people don`t understand.... everything in Apple is optimized.

Thats why I laugh when I see people say "this is a 8 core android with 8 gigs of ram "... they don`t understand that 8 core android with 8 gigz.. is equivalent to an old Iphone with 1 gig of ram.

Mac marketing is just a extension of the overall quality/good taste of the brand... is like Coca Cola vs Pepsi. But let`s stop talking about the Apple. I simply do not have the patience.

Umer Ahmad
14-10-2015, 22:59
Mmmm, i have some disagreements. But yes i agree, lets not get into this discussion

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 23:03
Apple products are fantastic.. If you have a PC for editing.. you just have a pc... if you have a MAC, you have a Tool. Enough said.

The probability of your pc crash (without any major program or game) is way higher than a MAC. A PC with 4 years is nothing... is good for trash. A Mac with 10 years... is still a VERY good tool. You buy an MAC and you don`t have to think about directX, formating, burned power supplys, specs etc... pc is good for gaming/fun. Period. The hardware specs "do not apply" in Apple products in the same way that it does on PC(Android). That`s what people don`t understand.... everything in Apple is optimized.

Thats why I laugh when I see people say "this is a 8 core android with 8 gigs of ram "... they don`t understand that 8 core android with 8 gigz.. is equivalent to an old Iphone with 1 gig of ram.

Mac marketing is just a extension of the overall quality/good taste of the brand... is like Coca Cola vs Pepsi. But let`s stop talking about the Apple. I simply do not have the patience.

Whoa.

Yep.

Whoa.

Whoa.

Yep.

Yep.

That's all I needed right there.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oqYOZtwfqB1kc/giphy.gif

Mmmm, i have some disagreements. But yes i agree, lets not get into this discussion
Done Done Donedy Done Diddly Done Done.

Agreed. Gone now.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gpFUuUb1ZsMvK/giphy.gif

VanquishedVantage
15-10-2015, 01:05

Dude, a freaking LG G3 beats an iPhone 6 in every way except the camera.
And the LG G3 is like 150 bucks less.

balderz002
15-10-2015, 12:31
I'd go a bit farther. Apple is a great example of how to take advantage of consumers and run a near monopoly with a purely capitalist approach that consistently maximizes profit while minimizing investment.

The marketing is more a feature of being able to position itself correctly in order to exploit its market. I wouldn't necessarily call it good. I would call it effective.

But I have a very large axe to grind with Apple, anyway.

I think the OP is wrong however. With Apple, More is more.

Mate, you must have a wood shed the size of a castle, with all your axes! :p

Shinzah
15-10-2015, 12:34
Mate, you must have a wood shed the size of a castle, with all your axes! :p

I'm beginning to develop quite a collection ^^;