PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition

zorbical
06-10-2015, 09:30
Has anyone got or getting the THRUSTMASTER 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition?
If so what's it like?

yusupov
06-10-2015, 09:35
ordered one from a seller who was either confused or disingenuous & its not even shipped yet, but im looking forward to it.

there are a few 'reviews' on youtube but they are essentially bought. still it looks to be easily the best thrustmaster rim available. worth nearly $200?? lot of variables in play there...

i agree it'd be nice to hear from some people who weren't gifted the wheel or sponsored by thrustmaster.

jimbo_ac
06-10-2015, 19:44
Received mine yesterday. It really has a good quality. Much better then my stock t300rs wheel. The alcantara feels awesome.
The not so good is that it's not good for drifting caused by its shape. But especially for gt racing it really rocks. I would buy it again. :D

sbtm
06-10-2015, 20:16
I got mine today from thrustmaster online shop.
I must agree, it's very good quality and feels super duper. You don't think you're using a toy anymore due to it's size and feel. It has exactly the shape and diameter like the wheel in my car :-)

You feel the kerbs and the street more detailed in the hands when the rim is vibrating. It's not so dull like with the rubber wheel. I can drive better with it than with the GTE wheel. I love it and would buy again.

zorbical
06-10-2015, 22:40
Thanks for the reviews, just ordered one:)

imz14u2nv
07-10-2015, 03:08
Has anyone got or getting the THRUSTMASTER 599XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition?
If so what's it like?

I pre-order one on Sept 16th from Amazon, they had it showing as ship date Sept 30th, of course the item didn’t ship and now they have ship date listed as: Not yet shipped with no date listed.

Cabriojoschy
07-10-2015, 07:16
The rim looks really nice! The only thing I don't understand is why is the size only 8:10 and not 1:1? A friend of mine wants to buy it but the size is holding him back...

yusupov
07-10-2015, 07:23
maybe weight and/or cost, not sure.

Mascot
07-10-2015, 07:26
Note from a GT2 owner: that alcantara will suck sweat and oil from your hands like a sponge. Invest in some thin gloves to keep it looking pristine, and they will also help with grip.

Sum Dixon-Ear
07-10-2015, 16:12
Note from a GT2 owner: that alcantara will suck sweat and oil from your hands like a sponge. Invest in some thin gloves to keep it looking pristine, and they will also help with grip.

Great advice, here is the official maintenance page for Alcantara (http://www.alcantara.com/en/manteinance/37/index.do)

One entry under 'Stain Removal' gives instructions on how to get rid of 'Blood, egg, excrement & urine'... quite how someone would manage to smear their wheel with these four things is perhaps more interesting than how to remove them though... :eek:

Schnizz58
07-10-2015, 16:22
I pre-order one on Sept 16th from Amazon, they had it showing as ship date Sept 30th, of course the item didnít ship and now they have ship date listed as: Not yet shipped with no date listed.
Ditto. I think I saw somewhere that the shipping date is Oct 22.

Great advice, here is the official maintenance page for Alcantara (http://www.alcantara.com/en/manteinance/37/index.do)

One entry under 'Stain Removal' gives instructions on how to get rid of 'Blood, egg, excrement & urine'... quite how someone would manage to smear their wheel with these four things is perhaps more interesting than how to remove them though... :eek:
Now that's a party!

Marrrfooo
09-10-2015, 07:24
The only downside I'm currently having with the wheel is that the rotary/two-way switch/dial in the bottom right of the wheel has the *twist right* set as OPTION button, *twist left* set as SHARE button and *pressing in* set as PS button - which means they can't be mapped for other functions as far as I can see.

There are were/are possible avenues for a workaround that I have not checked - but I doubt they will provide anything.

1.) Updating firmware / I am still using firmware that I last updated around 4-5 months ago when I got the wheel (shorly prior to PCARS release). I don't recall the PC-configuration tool having the ability to adjust/force button mapping but will double check in case something has emerged here.

2.) Accessibility options / On PS4 you can re-map buttons and turn the 'setting' on and off at will. It might be possible to re-map the SHARE and OPTION buttons but I don't believe this is controller-specific (so doing so would render a controller no use for pausing the game anyway) and I believe you are forced to re-map all buttons (i.e. none can be left unassigned - to avoid you making it impossible to navigate the system).

3.) PCARS/Thrustmaster update / Perhaps one of the two (likely TM) would be able to update the wheel to stop the assumption that a SHARE/OPTION/PS button must be assigned to one button on the wheel by default. This would allow users to simply use a wireless controller for the OPTION/SHARE/PS button usage and the wheel for everything else. Whilst it might be inconvenient to some, I think largely users would rather allocate those two twists/press of the switch to a function in the game rather than for pressing OPTION/SHARE/PS. At least being given the option to go one way or the other would be helpful - because at the moment it renders the switch almost completely useless on PS4.

graveltrap
09-10-2015, 07:45
Long shot here, would using the wheel in PS3 mode open up the option the map the switch in game? I know it isn't possible to map the Share and PS button on the stock T300RS in this way but hey it may be worth a shot!

Marrrfooo
09-10-2015, 08:56
Long shot here, would using the wheel in PS3 mode open up the option the map the switch in game? I know it isn't possible to map the Share and PS button on the stock T300RS in this way but hey it may be worth a shot!

Cheers Grav, I'll check that out over the weekend and see if it's a goer. :D

zorbical
09-10-2015, 21:11
I just got my 599xx wheel today and have noticed that the right side gear up shift does not give a pronounced click, has anyone else seen this with their wheel?

jimbo_ac
09-10-2015, 22:34
I just got my 599xx wheel today and have noticed that the right side gear up shift does not give a pronounced click, has anyone else seen this with their wheel?
Yes, but it works prefect. So I don't care about it. :D

yusupov
20-10-2015, 21:16
where did you guys order from? im cancelling mine atm bc ive been strung along for a month now.

Schnizz58
20-10-2015, 21:19
where did you guys order from? im cancelling mine atm bc ive been strung along for a month now.

Giving some thought to that also. Amazon still has no ship date.

zorbical
20-10-2015, 22:02
I'm from the UK and ordered directly from Thrustmaster.

Schnizz58
20-10-2015, 22:06
I'm from the UK and ordered directly from Thrustmaster.
That doesn't appear to be an option in the States. If you go to the page on the TM website with your language selection set to EN/UK, there is an "Add to Cart" button presented. If your language is EN/US, no Add to Cart. Also under resellers, the only one listed is Amazon so I guess I'm just going to have to wait it out.

SUBGTRACER
21-10-2015, 01:01

yes I have check the screws in the back of the wheel , don't use the wheel until you fix it ....... you can break the plastic part inside that helps control the paddle click.........

Just tighten all the screws on the wheel and you will be fine .

Schnizz58
27-10-2015, 19:44
I pre-order one on Sept 16th from Amazon, they had it showing as ship date Sept 30th, of course the item didn’t ship and now they have ship date listed as: Not yet shipped with no date listed.
Amazon is shipping my Alcantara rim today, should have it by Thursday.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0d7AKBW5MQ4/TyNHvzplSKI/AAAAAAAAAqI/oAFVOXnEuGc/s200/kip-dynamite-yes.gif

imz14u2nv
28-10-2015, 00:52
Amazon is shipping my Alcantara rim today, should have it by Thursday.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0d7AKBW5MQ4/TyNHvzplSKI/AAAAAAAAAqI/oAFVOXnEuGc/s200/kip-dynamite-yes.gif

I'm not so lucky, my item has the following: Arriving Fri, Oct 30 - Wed, Nov 4 by 8pm

Enjoy!!

diesel97
28-10-2015, 14:26
Let us know what you think

imz14u2nv
31-10-2015, 21:33
Let us know what you think

Hello All,
I got this today:

Delivered: Your Amazon package with Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Add-On, Alcantara Edition for PS4, PS... was delivered.

I have not even mounted it yet, but I just wanted to say this:

If you are not looking to spend money, Stay far away from this item, once you touch it, Trust Me, You will want it!!!

This is the absolute best wheel they (Thrustmaster) have put out so far, I have the stock T300 RS rim, I have the TM Leather 28 GT wheel and I cannot see ever using either of them again (unless of course something happens to this one), and trust me I thought they were pretty good.

Chipmonk77
31-10-2015, 22:48
After a few hours of racing with the new 599XX EVO rim i am absolutely blown away by its quality and performance.
First of all, the rim is feeling great with the alcantara and the slightly thicker diameter. It is a huge step away from the original T300RS rim, feels more like a real rim. Even though it is larger sized than the standard rims it is noticeable lighter. In my opinion this is the key to its better permormance compared to the smaller standard rim. Great feel of FFB, much more accurate und differential. The Level of FFb feels a little bit weaker around the center, but i can feel more response from the different forces transferred through the rim. It has made me substantially faster from the first laps on...

Flaw3dGenius
31-10-2015, 23:56

So us already with a T300 would be as well staying away? I already use gloves for the horrible rubber wheel on the T300 but was thinking of buying the 599x rim and ditching the gloves...no good then?

Sum Dixon-Ear
01-11-2015, 00:15
I've got to second Mascot on that, you need to wear gloves when racing with an Alcantara wheel or that rim will pretty quickly appear to be suffering from acute mange. I've seen a few well used rims that resemble a tramp's sock.

Fre.Mo
01-11-2015, 08:53
Where are the pictures, show us...

Anybody tryed it on a T500 base? How to do with the fixed shift paddles already on the base?

CptFuFu
02-11-2015, 17:12
Had the same issue with the Upshift Click like some other guys here. When the shifter was facing downwards I sometimes had no Click at all.tightening the screws didn't helped either.
Overall the Wheel is great, but for 180Ä there shouldn't be flaws like that. Had a hard time sending it back and using my original tx Wheel till the next Evo is arriving :D

zorbical
02-11-2015, 17:35
Had the same issue with the Upshift Click like some other guys here. When the shifter was facing downwards I sometimes had no Click at all.tightening the screws didn't helped either.
Overall the Wheel is great, but for 180Ä there shouldn't be flaws like that. Had a hard time sending it back and using my original tx Wheel till the next Evo is arriving :D
Did Thrustmaster ask you to send the wheel back?

Schnizz58
02-11-2015, 17:41
Mine came in last week. First I'll say that the feel is magnificent! So much better than the stock rim. The Alcantara is soft and provides a really good grip, the wheel is sturdy, heavy, obviously more solid and the larger diameter is great. There are a few negatives. The buttons are hard to reach and I don't like the default button mapping for XBox. Plus I'd like a few more buttons for the day when they will be supported on XBox. Overall however, I'm very happy with it and would recommend it. (Also have a pair of kart gloves on order so that I don't destroy the Alcantara.)

imz14u2nv
02-11-2015, 19:06

Anybody tryed it on a T500 base? How to do with the fixed shift paddles already on the base?

Hi Fre.Mo,
Sorry about the horrible picture, the lighting really wasnít good when I snapped it and I havenít really had time to do any others.
I must say to you though that the photos no matter how good donít give you the full picture (No Pun Intended), This is a wheel you simply must touch for yourself to really appreciate it, speaking of which, I donít have sweaty hands and I really donít plan on using gloves, it just feels too good to not feel this amazing Alcantara when racing, I purchased this to enjoy and I think I will get more enjoyment without gloves, if that destroys it oh well, I have also seen videos on cleaning and restoring Alcantara and it seemed to bounce back pretty easily.
I am simply not going to worry about it, I would rather just enjoy it (Just my 2 cents)

vahagn_hayk
02-11-2015, 21:09
Hi Fre.Mo,
Sorry about the horrible picture, the lighting really wasn’t good when I snapped it and I haven’t really had time to do any others.
I must say to you though that the photos no matter how good don’t give you the full picture (No Pun Intended), This is a wheel you simply must touch for yourself to really appreciate it, speaking of which, I don’t have sweaty hands and I really don’t plan on using gloves, it just feels too good to not feel this amazing Alcantara when racing, I purchased this to enjoy and I think I will get more enjoyment without gloves, if that destroys it oh well, I have also seen videos on cleaning and restoring Alcantara and it seemed to bounce back pretty easily.
I am simply not going to worry about it, I would rather just enjoy it (Just my 2 cents)

...not important but also n RL when u purchase vehicle (sports car) with alcantara wheel, they strongly advise you to use gloves, nothing to with sweaty hands...it is about the oils out of our hands which damage and destroy the alcantara and you lose the grippiness/ grip on the wheel. above is my RL experience, take it or leave it.

SUBGTRACER
02-11-2015, 22:06
That is one beautiful looking wheel ........Xmas here we come .

imz14u2nv
03-11-2015, 00:08
...not important but also n RL when u purchase vehicle (sports car) with alcantara wheel, they strongly advise you to use gloves, nothing to with sweaty hands...it is about the oils out of our hands which damage and destroy the alcantara and you lose the grippiness/ grip on the wheel. above is my RL experience, take it or leave it.

vahagn_hayk,
I am going to take your advice and look for some gloves, I just keep thinking it is going to be Hot as H___ sitting in my home with gloves on!!
This just keeps getting more and more complicated!! lol

the-D-
03-11-2015, 00:20

I've got it on my T500 base, but before i mounted it, i simply had to get rid of those big chrome goofy ears/fixed paddles,...2 minute job, and does'nt invalidate the warranty.
Been toying with the idea of some light weight fingerless breathable gloves aswell, but I think when my girlfriend see's me, she'll dump me lol

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 00:24
I've got it on my T500 base, but before i mounted it, i simply had to get rid of those big chrome goofy ears/fixed paddles,...2 minute job, and does'nt invalidate the warranty.
Been toying with the idea of some light weight fingerless breathable gloves aswell, but I think when my girlfriend see's me, she'll dump me lol

rofl ! yeah I know mine would look at me really strangely if I started wearing gloves :(

Its actually a lot larger then I thought .

Sum Dixon-Ear
03-11-2015, 00:40

These look about perfect... I'm sure your missus wouldn't bat an eyelid -

SUBGTRACER
03-11-2015, 00:44

hahahahhaa

the-D-
03-11-2015, 20:31

haha perfect, now have you got a link? ;)

imz14u2nv
04-11-2015, 13:19

So, I ordered some gloves (Sparco Tide H-9) yesterday, they cost me around $80, there were lots of gloves that cost more than the wheel itselfÖ.Crazy!!!
I donít normally use gloves for driving, in my personal car I have a heated steering wheel and normally even on colds days avoid glove because it just seems like it removes some control, I hope the experience is different/better with Alcantara and Racing Gloves (Designed for racing), I am far from being an authority on this so I will just have to wait and see.

I wasnít sure if we are allowed to link to other sites, I watched a lot of youtube videos again on cleaning/restoring Alcantara and I definitely wouldnít want to do it all the time but I can say that some of the wheels that looked really worn, matted and had heavy sheen quickly came back to great condition after they were cleaned.

Soulbr1nger
05-11-2015, 00:54

I got the t500 with the 599xx and I left the stock paddle shifters on it. They aren't near your new shifters so I just left them where they are, and use them when I got dmg ans my wheel is off centre hahaha.

Don't like the idea of using gloves I like the feel of the wheel. And if I destroy the the wheel by not using gloves so be it. Maybe it's even nice to have a wheel where you can see its been used alot 😅.

the-D-
05-11-2015, 02:13
That's way above what I'd have paid for gloves, £10 would have been my limit,...instead I paid £20 for some dedicated Alcantara restoration/cleaning fluid with a nap brush and cloths,...I really like the feel of the wheel to much to wear gloves.
So, I ordered some gloves (Sparco Tide H-9) yesterday, they cost me around $80, there were lots of gloves that cost more than the wheel itself….Crazy!!!
I don’t normally use gloves for driving, in my personal car I have a heated steering wheel and normally even on colds days avoid glove because it just seems like it removes some control, I hope the experience is different/better with Alcantara and Racing Gloves (Designed for racing), I am far from being an authority on this so I will just have to wait and see.

I wasn’t sure if we are allowed to link to other sites, I watched a lot of youtube videos again on cleaning/restoring Alcantara and I definitely wouldn’t want to do it all the time but I can say that some of the wheels that looked really worn, matted and had heavy sheen quickly came back to great condition after they were cleaned.

the-D-
05-11-2015, 02:17
Maybe it's even nice to have a wheel where you can see its been used alot ��.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I read somewhere its stronger/more durable than leather, my g25 took a pounding over 10 years, the right hand side where I gripped the wheel must have been more abused as the leather had worn away completely :-/

imz14u2nv
05-11-2015, 03:58
That's way above what I'd have paid for gloves, £10 would have been my limit,...instead I paid £20 for some dedicated Alcantara restoration/cleaning fluid with a nap brush and cloths,...I really like the feel of the wheel to much to wear gloves.

I must confess, I’m awaiting the arrival of the gloves and I could not resist the temptation to race tonight without the gloves and yes the Alcantara feels absolutely amazing, so we will see what happens when the gloves arrive, I may find myself never using them after trying but in any event, I have been planning some Karting with friends so if I don’t use them for Sim racing I can always use them for that or not at all, you have to know what you can afford to throw away without worry, the $80 isn’t going to break the bank for me.

the-D-
05-11-2015, 04:03
I must confess, I’m awaiting the arrival of the gloves and I could not resist the temptation to race tonight without the gloves and yes the Alcantara feels absolutely amazing, so we will see what happens when the gloves arrive, I may find myself never using them after trying but in any event, I have been planning some Karting with friends so if I don’t use them for Sim racing I can always use them for that or not at all, you have to know what you can afford to throw away without worry, the $80 isn’t going to break the bank for me.

Perfect use for the gloves, way better than sticking your hands into gloves that have seen more fingers than a cheap hookers rusty sherrifs badge ;)

havocc
05-11-2015, 14:36
I just ordered a T500 and i have a question: do i have to screw it to the table (so i have to drill the table) or is there another way to fix it? What about pedals?

Fight-Test
05-11-2015, 16:13
I just ordered a T500 and i have a question: do i have to screw it to the table (so i have to drill the table) or is there another way to fix it? What about pedals?

I have the t300 not the t500 but if you do need to mount you can find the templates for mounting the base and pedals here (at bottom of page).

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=316&cid=6

Fre.Mo
05-11-2015, 16:14
The wheel does not need to be fixed with screws to the table, there is an alternative removable system provided with it.

TAGS Battfink
11-12-2015, 19:24
I use these bike gloves i got from amazon for next to nothing with free delivery. I dont have this wheel (yet) but im using a suede generic real world wheel and its lasting just fine. The gloves are nice and thin and keep my hands cool in the house

The gloves did get black after using the wheel for the first few weeks so i would DEFO recomend using gloves

Pics to follow

TAGS Battfink
11-12-2015, 19:26

TAGS Battfink
12-12-2015, 00:25

Chipmonk77
12-12-2015, 02:15
I strongly recommend using gloves on this wheel because it keeps the alcantara trim grippy. After trying different gloves i have found my perfect match:
O'Neal Revolution gloves for ATB/MTB Racing. They just feel amazing, are well ventilated and have a great grip on the alcantara

Here are some pics:

RacingManiac
04-01-2016, 23:10
I got a question. Just bought this wheel, I have the 458 Challenge wheel also and I want this because of the larger diameter rim(and ultimately cheaper than getting a real wheel and swap off the 458 one). On my T500RS I was still on the v41 firmware and when I run the 458 wheel the mapping seems to be the same as the TM's normal mapping. But when I switched to the 599xx the mapping seems completely different from what the TM shows. Is this a firmware related issue? Since I noticed they issued one of the firmware update to support newer build of the 458 wheel, and I am assuming the 599xx wheel will be similar to that.

My firmware updater also does not work.....so waiting on support's response on that....

RoadStorm
05-01-2016, 13:31
RacingManiac you need to update your T500 wheel with last firmware = V43.
It's explain here: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=316&cid=15.
The 599XX wheel use same electronic than 458 Challenge wheel, and these wheels are supported since firmware V42 (and so not works correctly with old firmware V41).

RacingManiac
05-01-2016, 14:28
Ended up doing firmware update with my work laptop(somehow updater doesn't like my desktop, maybe a Win10 thing). And afterward it works fine.:)

Boskapongen
18-03-2016, 20:51
I also just bought 590XX for my TX base. Also have issue with right paddle not clicking properly, as my friend. Interesting is when i turn wheel 180 degrees, it clicks normally, lol.

I bigger issue is that the wheel is not centered when driving straight. Its not in pcars coz in TM control panel it shows same thing. When its 50% in the panel its NOT stright on the base, When i rotate it to 50.4% its stright in real life but shows off center in panel. Must be in the base no?

ports
18-03-2016, 21:03
I also just bought 590XX for my TX base. Also have issue with right paddle not clicking properly, as my friend. Interesting is when i turn wheel 180 degrees, it clicks normally, lol.

I bigger issue is that the wheel is not centered when driving straight. Its not in pcars coz in TM control panel it shows same thing. When its 50% in the panel its NOT stright on the base, When i rotate it to 50.4% its stright in real life but shows off center in panel. Must be in the base no?

Go to this link mate it will tell you how to reconfigure the wheels centre value.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00157.pdf

bradleyland
18-03-2016, 21:10

Fortunately, this is a really easy fix. You can adjust the wheel's "center" point through this procedure:

Do the following from the PS4 main menu, not in game.

1) Make sure the wheel is connected (USB) and plug it in, then wait for the calibration to finish.
2) Turn the wheel all the way to the left.
3) Turn the wheel all the way to the right.
4) Turn the wheel to the center (the center you want) and hold it there.
5) Press the RADIO + RIGHT PADDLE Shifter + MODE buttons simultaneously.
6) The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour.

bradleyland
18-03-2016, 21:12
Doh, I should have refreshed before posting. Well, at least my instructions are a little more concise (for the 599XX wheel).

sigurd
19-03-2016, 12:57
I am also using some bmx/mtb gloves from 661. I think real racing gloves would be annoying because they don't stop at the wrist.

kyoo
01-12-2016, 19:53
Does this wheel really wear too much if used without gloves?

Has someone used it for all this time without gloves?

morpwr
02-12-2016, 11:41
Does this wheel really wear too much if used without gloves?

Has someone used it for all this time without gloves?

I never use gloves and don't have any issues. Ive had mine for about a year and play just about every night.

GUTTER-BOY
02-12-2016, 16:44
Not trying to pimp for B and H photo, but they have the Ferrari Alcantara wheel on sale right now for $99 w/no tax and free shipping. I just ordered the entire T300 Ferrari Alcantara wheel ($300) and the F1 wheel add-on ($89).

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1180785-REG/thrustmaster_4060071_wheel_add_on_alcantara_edition.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1194830-REG/thrustmaster_4169082_t300_ferrari_racing_wheel.html

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/824721-REG/Thrustmaster_4160571_Ferrari_F1_Wheel_Add_On.html

T3PA PRO Pedals for under $100 https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1138404-REG/thrustmaster_4060065_3_pedal_add_on_set_pro.html

kyoo
02-12-2016, 18:31
I never use gloves and don't have any issues. Ive had mine for about a year and play just about every night.

Thx