PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else here find it hard to steer in third person with a wheel?

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 11:31
It just feels... weird to steer in third person after you play in cockpit view for a bit.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Didd31
06-10-2015, 11:38
it's the same with all racing game, you have less training with a particular view than with an another. You have to redifine your lines and brakes point perseption, because you don't see the track since the same place.
The FOV is also different, so the speed feeling is different.

sorry for my English.

Cheekiecharlie
06-10-2015, 11:46
I only ever use cockpit view ,using other views just doesn't feel right for me ,but as said,a bit of practice and you should improve

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
06-10-2015, 12:11
Yeah, doesn't feel right to me to use a wheel in external. It's doable when the view is locked (no lateral movement), but with a loose camera like in pCARS it's not great. However with a gamepad I feel perfectly fine, and likewise I don't really feel comfortable driving in the cockpit with a pad. So swings and roundabouts, it's probably just what we're used to.

NemethR
06-10-2015, 12:16
never was able to steer in 3rd person...
Altough never tried really hard :)

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 12:17
When I was young Shin. Full of life and energy. With a good singing voice and lungs which were not charred. I would always use the external view because my first racing games were the Mode 7 scaling type of things.
But as I became an old Shin. Exhausted and with a horrible voice and charred lungs, I switched to bonnet/bumper view or roof/T-cam and found them to be superior.

^^;

Plato99
06-10-2015, 12:43
I had some mates round on Saturday night and showed them pCARS after one of them saw a screen-grab I use on my PC as wallpaper (he thought it was a photo taken from the stands at Donington!).
One of them insisted on driving in the external camera and you know, it's virtually impossible to drive quickly in this view! The car feels like it's understeering and to compensate he was throttling on too early to try and flick the back end round.
Fair play to anyone who can race competitively in this camera view. I always thought it was just there to enjoy the replays!

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 13:51
Yeah, doesn't feel right to me to use a wheel in external. It's doable when the view is locked (no lateral movement), but with a loose camera like in pCARS it's not great. However with a gamepad I feel perfectly fine, and likewise I don't really feel comfortable driving in the cockpit with a pad. So swings and roundabouts, it's probably just what we're used to.

Yeah, for me I almost never play online, and when I do I use cockpit view because external view is so hard to steer in.

Also, for me online isn't bad as it seems, I can actually find servers with CLEAN racers.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:53
I can actually find servers with CLEAN racers.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YEJNEy9Wb8DVC/giphy.gif

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 13:58
https://media.giphy.com/media/YEJNEy9Wb8DVC/giphy.gif

Must be lucky to live in Toronto then. :D

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 13:59
Must be lucky to live in Toronto then. :D

Or you've spent too much time with one of your mayors...

Perhaps Lastman.

Or the fat one.

^^;

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 14:26
Or you've spent too much time with one of your mayors...

Perhaps Lastman.

Or the fat one.

^^;

We have John Tory, heh.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 14:34
At least you don't live in London or Mississauga....?

Getting WAY OTT now...sorry...

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 14:50
At least you don't live in London or Mississauga....?

Getting WAY OTT now...sorry...

Heh.

Anyways, back on topic.

Plato99
06-10-2015, 15:07
So far my online experience of pCARS has been great.
I was in a GT3 lobby last night with 12 other racers who all appeared to be competitive and clean. Had a great time!
pCARS doesn't seem to attract the "crash n dash" adolescents that "the other game" draws in to online play. And not having a working chat system is also a huge bonus as it stops all the stupid innane chatting and shouting children on Kinect.
Please SMS, do not fix this in any particular hurry.....

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 15:22
So far my online experience of pCARS has been great.
I was in a GT3 lobby last night with 12 other racers who all appeared to be competitive and clean. Had a great time!
pCARS doesn't seem to attract the "crash n dash" adolescents that "the other game" draws in to online play. And not having a working chat system is also a huge bonus as it stops all the stupid innane chatting and shouting children on Kinect.
Please SMS, do not fix this in any particular hurry.....

Yeah, although I don't play online that much because racing offline is more fun to me :p

Schnizz58
06-10-2015, 15:27
It just feels... weird to steer in third person after you play in cockpit view for a bit.

Does anyone else feel this way?
I used to use chase cam in Forza with a wheel. Anything new will feel weird at first but after a while, your mind just wraps itself around the new perspective and it starts to feel normal. That said, I now use helmet cam and much prefer it to any other view. At first, it felt too claustrophobic but again I adjusted and now it feels natural.

PFalcon
06-10-2015, 15:28
I agree! Online racing on XB1 has been pleasant lately, and I have no use or desire for online chat ;)

I do wish there would be more online racers willing to try non GT3 cars, but at the same time I admit my most fun online races have all been racing GT3 (as last night).