PDA

View Full Version : Problem with TX

AMarchesini92
06-10-2015, 16:04
Hi everyone, the problem with my TX is that sometimes, when i move the wheel very fast, like in a "s" corner, or when i crash, the wheel loses his centering and it becomes impossible to drive straight. When it appens the only way to solve this problem is to disconnect the wheel from the power supply and then reconnect it to make it do the auto calibration.
Is there anyone who has had my problem and know how to solve it?
Thanks a lot!

krazyhippy
06-10-2015, 21:50
I have had this problem and with my clutch and shifter not working. I wish i could help you but I no longer play or get this game to work.

Dynomight Motorsports
07-10-2015, 00:20
Have you checked your firmware on a computer? You may want to update it. Although this game has done some very strange things. Just because something isn't listed in the Known Bug's thread doesn't mean it can't happen. You may have found a new bug. But I would update my firmware first. Ther is now a V50. Any questions you may have there is an Non-official Tech support guy named Nissan4ever on there that can get you straight.

AMarchesini92
07-10-2015, 12:00
Unfortunately i alread updated it to firmware V50. It would be nice if it were only a bug, but i'm not so optimist. I'll try to contact Nissan4ever, maybe he knows how to solve this problem. Anyway thank you Dynomight Motorsports

xsomnivmx
07-10-2015, 12:02
Is it only in Pcars? You could download the Forza 6 Demo and see what happens. Just to narrow down if it's a software or a hardware issue.

Raven403
07-10-2015, 12:03
Does the base make any weird noises? an Electric Hum, or grinding noise when turning? anything out of the ordinary?

Apoc112
07-10-2015, 12:13
Sounds like the belt is slipping somehow... i've never experienced it on my TX myself but I work on high speed belt-driven automation for my job.

Are you running high FFB values? If you feel like you're fighting the wheel during the turns causing these issues, you may want to turn the tire forces down.

Unfortunately, if it is a belt slipping issue, you may have already worn the belt which will cause this to continue to happen.

AMarchesini92
07-10-2015, 12:23
Is it only in Pcars? You could download the Forza 6 Demo and see what happens. Just to narrow down if it's a software or a hardware issue.

I don't have this problem with Forza but i think it's just because the ffb in PCars is much more complicated and strong

AMarchesini92
07-10-2015, 12:25
Sounds like the belt is slipping somehow... i've never experienced it on my TX myself but I work on high speed belt-driven automation for my job.

Are you running high FFB values? If you feel like you're fighting the wheel during the turns causing these issues, you may want to turn the tire forces down.

Unfortunately, if it is a belt slipping issue, you may have already worn the belt which will cause this to continue to happen.

No i'm not running any extraordinary high FFB values and i'm sure the primary belt of the base is not slipping, maybe is a problem of the second one but it's impossible to reach it even if i open the base

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 17:02
Do this. Reinstall v50 firmware on your wheel. Make sure you put your wheel into boot mode when you install or reinstall v50 firmware again.

Reset your TX in Project CARS. Recalibrate it & do this

When you go to "Force Feedback Calibration Screen" leave everything thing there default, except the Tire Force #. For tire force, try setting it to 60. Remember, leave everything else there default.

On the screen where your deadzones are located for steering, braking & acceleration. Leave the FFB on the default 100.

Now go race. What did your wheel do?

AMarchesini92
07-10-2015, 20:42
Thanks man! sorry if i answer only now but i wasn't at home. Before, i had time for just one lap and it seems that the problem is solved but i need more time to say for sure. i'll let you know in few hours. The only thing is the ffb that is too weak for me, how can i get it more strong? Thank you very much, i appreciate it

Schnizz58
07-10-2015, 21:07
Thanks man! sorry if i answer only now but i wasn't at home. Before, i had time for just one lap and it seems that the problem is solved but i need more time to say for sure. i'll let you know in few hours. The only thing is the ffb that is too weak for me, how can i get it more strong? Thank you very much, i appreciate it
You can do one of two things. One is increase the tire force, which governs how much force goes into the front end of the FFB signal chain. The other is increase steering gain, which operates at the other end of the chain after all the processing. With a TX most people run TF in the 50-60 range and steering gain of 1.0. So try it both ways and decide for yourself which one you like better. Also make sure the FFB strength is 100.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 21:10
I wouldn't go no higher than 75 on tire force (make it a little more stronger). Make sure your fan is on "Forced Mode".

Along with what I already said.