PDA

View Full Version : Car Reset Online

Alan_Bernardo
06-10-2015, 20:31
I've seen users do a car reset while running online. For example, I've sen cars online running off track and into the dirt. Next second they are back on track.

Few questions about this,

1. Is it only users using gamepads (not wheel controllers) that can do this?

2. Is a player in any way penalized when doing this reset.

3. Is there any way to stop such actions?

apexatspeed
06-10-2015, 20:47
1. I am not exactly sure, but I'd bet people with wheels can do it.
2. They are not penalized for doing it.
3. There is no way to stop it.

Umer Ahmad
06-10-2015, 21:22
Anyone can do it

Some adjustments will probably made to this later, no details right now

thegt500
06-10-2015, 21:35
Reset to track has never worked for me since I remapped the L3 button (default designated button). Apparently, the way to get the reset to work again, is to delete the game data and do a fresh install so you'll basically restart from scratch.
It's no loss to me as I feel resetting to track is cheating, so never will have use for it, but it is infuriating to see others using it online.
I do hope it can be disabled by the host in an update, along with host being able to kick disruptive players without having to rely on the poor vote system that's in place currently.

Charger
06-10-2015, 21:51
Are you sure that's not lag, is it they veer off to the left leaving a trail of dust and then instantly back on the track in front of you? If so it's not a reset and they didn't actually go off, it's momentary lag.

apexatspeed
06-10-2015, 22:15
Reset to track has never worked for me since I remapped the L3 button (default designated button). Apparently, the way to get the reset to work again, is to delete the game data and do a fresh install so you'll basically restart from scratch.
It's no loss to me as I feel resetting to track is cheating, so never will have use for it, but it is infuriating to see others using it online.
I do hope it can be disabled by the host in an update, along with host being able to kick disruptive players without having to rely on the poor vote system that's in place currently.

Reset was never default to L3 on PS4. It is default to pushing the touchpad down.

thegt500
06-10-2015, 22:16
No, not lag my friend. I know what lag looks like, and this is definitely re setting to track. You'll see a car go off (usually after it has rammed you), it'll stop when it hits the barrier, then as you try and drag your busted car out of the gravel, you'll see the other car already on track even though it was further off track than you.
That's the way it works, in favour of the rammers etc. They'll take you out and just reset and carry onto their next victim. Until the reset button can be disabled, online racing in public lobbies will be a crash fest.

thegt500
06-10-2015, 22:17
Reset was never default to L3 on PS4. It is default to pushing the touchpad down.

Not using controller, Thrustmaster T300RS.

Charger
06-10-2015, 22:23
No, not lag my friend. I know what lag looks like, and this is definitely re setting to track. You'll see a car go off (usually after it has rammed you), it'll stop when it hits the barrier, then as you try and drag your busted car out of the gravel, you'll see the other car already on track even though it was further off track than you.
That's the way it works, in favour of the rammers etc. They'll take you out and just reset and carry onto their next victim. Until the reset button can be disabled, online racing in public lobbies will be a crash fest.

Ah right yes that is a reset, never used it myself and don't have a button set for it but from what I understand the car has to come to a stop before you can reset, a reset like that in real life would require a yellow flag and lifting the car back on the track lol, I see how it could be used by rammers, I just don't get their mentality to be honest?

I agree it's not really needed but a kick/ban button is and then it wouldn't be an issue would it?

DECATUR PLAYA
06-10-2015, 23:31
I've seen users do a car reset while running online. For example, I've sen cars online running off track and into the dirt. Next second they are back on track.

Few questions about this,

1. Is it only users using gamepads (not wheel controllers) that can do this?

2. Is a player in any way penalized when doing this reset.

3. Is there any way to stop such actions?

The first time I saw somebody do this I said to myself "now that's some bull**it". I don't use it but I understand why SMS put it in the game. It's intent was for guys that got stuck in a glitch spot or got flipped and was upside down.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it because it takes longer to drive off the track and reset than to take the turn cleanly. It's no fast guys using it and if your in a room with rammers using it for that purpose you probably shouldn't be in that room.

The penalty for using it is that when it resets your car it resets you at a standstill in the turn which is much slower than say taking a turn at 65 mph. When you add the time that it took to drive off the track and get the car in a position to use it your talking about a 5-7 second penalty. A added 3 second penalty would be nice but I don't think it's necessary.

My advice get a little faster and get to the front and you will never see these guys. There is nobody at the front of the pack using this as a gimmick as far as I have seen.

hkraft300
07-10-2015, 02:12
What Decatur said. It's slower to reset than to recover myself. Wreckers gonna wreck and they'll use these tools to get ahead.
Also it's important to differentiate between lag and reset.
I have seen wreckers use lag switch to win races.

DECATUR PLAYA
07-10-2015, 07:31
What Decatur said. It's slower to reset than to recover myself. Wreckers gonna wreck and they'll use these tools to get ahead.
Also it's important to differentiate between lag and reset.
I have seen wreckers use lag switch to win races.

I have only seen the lag switch once. My buddys kept calling out this guy that looked like he was reseting the car in every turn soon after he was in my rear view. I watched him through about 5 turns and then he was suddenly on my bumper as we went through the next turn when he did it again and appeared in front of me as we went through the next turn he did it again and appeared about 10 car links ahead of where he previously was. I don't know what the guy was doing but the reset does not work that way. It could have been lag but he consistently did it in the turns. I haven't quit many races but I quit that one. If you find a guy doing something like this just don't play with them it will save you a little bit of time and a lot of energy.