PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the Mustang Trans Am?

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 22:35
To me it's a decent car, it can probably keep up with GT3 cars and it just looks and sounds plain awesome.

Only downside to me is that it's a stick-shifter (I HATE stick shifters), but that's just a downside to me.

What are your thoughts on this car, guys?

Spitfire77
06-10-2015, 22:45
To me it's a decent car, it can probably keep up with GT3 cars and it just looks and sounds plain awesome.

Only downside to me is that it's a stick-shifter (I HATE stick shifters), but that's just a downside to me.

What are your thoughts on this car, guys?

I think it is a great car - loads of fun to drive - and it is a plus that it is an h-pattern manual transmission.

My only complaint is the obstructed view from the cockpit.. yes I know it is designed after the real car but man.

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 22:47

Only downside to me is that it's a stick-shifter

(I HATE stick shifters)

HATE

stick shifters

Oh man. You are in so deep right now.

https://media.giphy.com/media/76dX1wy9elm0g/giphy.gif

Amazing car with an amazing history. I am most pleased. Also it makes a terrible racket that my neighbours hate.

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 22:50
Oh man. You are in so deep right now.

https://media.giphy.com/media/76dX1wy9elm0g/giphy.gif

Amazing car with an amazing history. I am most pleased. Also it makes a terrible racket that my neighbours hate.

Your neighbours must hate stock car sounds.

Also, am I a pleb because I use auto clutch with stick shifter cars?

Shinzah
06-10-2015, 22:53
Also, am I a pleb because I use auto clutch with stick shifter cars?

https://media.giphy.com/media/G659GAlGEmuvS/giphy.gif

RIP VanquishedVantage. He died as he lived. A filthy flatfooting casual squeeb.

I'm joking I really don't care.

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 22:57
https://media.giphy.com/media/G659GAlGEmuvS/giphy.gif

RIP VanquishedVantage. He died as he lived. A filthy flatfooting casual squeeb.

I'm joking I really don't care.

RIP in kill

Anyways, you should see me with the G27's H shifter.

Missed shifts every 5 seconds.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
06-10-2015, 23:45
W.r.t. car: Great fun, really like the bias ply tyres that make the car more lively than a radial racer. The default setup isn't great though but I quickly fixed that for myself with the calc. =)

W.r.t. shifting: Eh, to each their own, personally I think automatic gearboxes and computerized clutches should be outlawed IRL for everyone except maybe bus, truck and taxi drivers. I tend to dislike everything that removes control from a driver, without being completely autonomous. I hate automatics, lane guards, cruise controls, the lot. People should be forced to actually drive a car while they're in it, until we get completely autonomous ones (nothing against those, great idea, I know many people don't like driving so it's better if they didn't). But that's just me.

VanquishedVantage
06-10-2015, 23:51
W.r.t. car: Great fun, really like the bias ply tyres that make the car more lively than a radial racer. The default setup isn't great though but I quickly fixed that for myself with the calc. =)

W.r.t. shifting: Eh, to each their own, personally I think automatic gearboxes and computerized clutches should be outlawed IRL for everyone except maybe bus, truck and taxi drivers. I tend to dislike everything that removes control from a driver, without being completely autonomous. I hate automatics, lane guards, cruise controls, the lot. People should be forced to actually drive a car while they're in it, until we get completely autonomous ones (nothing against those, great idea, I know many people don't like driving so it's better if they didn't). But that's just me.

What is your setup with this car?

I'm just asking because when my old PC died I lost the setup :p

Swinnyjr
06-10-2015, 23:59
Love the car. Can't see out of it though......

VanquishedVantage
07-10-2015, 00:12
Love the car. Can't see out of it though......

Yeah, and that's the only view you have basically, since it is so hard to steer in third person.

Shinzah
07-10-2015, 00:43
Yeah, and that's the only view you have basically, since it is so hard to steer in third person.

....Bumper, Bonnet and Roof...?

stangnutlx
07-10-2015, 01:57
i too love the car, just hate the view out of the cockpit

Cuba
07-10-2015, 02:15
It can be a handful, but having owned 3 Mustangs, I can say they require a great deal of respect. I got silly with my last one and totaled it (1999 Saleen), still miss it :(. It's a real drivers car :)

Shinzah
07-10-2015, 02:30
I got silly with my last one and totaled it (1999 Saleen), still miss it :(. It's a real drivers car :)

<Insert obvious curious "What did you hit, how hard, and at what velocity" question>

<_<

Raven403
07-10-2015, 02:36
Dunno how I missed a thread about one of my favorite cars in the game. I LOVE that thing. Everything about it. The sounds, the handling, the speed, the looks, the liveries. Mmm mmmm good stuff. One thing I do wish is that it had a Camaro to play with :(

hkraft300
07-10-2015, 02:40
Good car. Surprisingly a s*load of grip and doesn't handle like a ton of turd.
Did a few laps of Bathurst with it. It'll be fun to race it vs the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar when that arrives. Good power. Fat tires. Easy to control.
View out of the cockpit is good enough. Barely.
Makes me feel safer round Bathurst to be honest ;) #immersion

Shinzah
07-10-2015, 02:41
Dunno how I missed a thread about one of my favorite cars in the game. I LOVE that thing. Everything about it. The sounds, the handling, the speed, the looks, the liveries. Mmm mmmm good stuff. One thing I do wish is that it had a Camaro to play with :(

If by Play you mean Turbo and by With you mean Rek

3800racingfool
07-10-2015, 03:48
A Camaro would be great. But another trans-am staple are the Oldsmobiles which are kind of a rarity to see or hear about. Not necessarily the greatest cars of that era however they might make an interesting addition.

07-10-2015, 04:07
One thing I do wish is that it had a Camaro to run rings around :(FTFY. =)

Seriously though, that season right there is an example of how unbalanced racing can be. The Mustang we have in-game demolished the competition, 11 straight wins for Kendall and the last two to Borkowski, nothing could touch the Mustang that year.

senn
07-10-2015, 04:49
just for you VanquishedVantage, because we now know you love it :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefC0DPlHFQ

NemethR
07-10-2015, 06:18
I really like that car, in fuct much better then the Audi 90 GTO.

It feels great, it drives great, and you can really push it, it is a car that handles very-well.

It for sure is on my favorite cars list :)

hkraft300
07-10-2015, 06:30
The Audi sounds cool with the big snail and chirping birds under the hood.
But the Mustang for me is more fun to drive too.
I learnt to drive in a FWD auto car. But then I switched to a RWD manual and I will never go back...

DECATUR PLAYA
07-10-2015, 07:10
Lots of power and lots of grip=a fun ride.

NemethR
07-10-2015, 08:11
i too love the car, just hate the view out of the cockpit

That view makes the car unique, and a lot more intense to drive!

VanquishedVantage
07-10-2015, 10:25
It can be a handful, but having owned 3 Mustangs, I can say they require a great deal of respect. I got silly with my last one and totaled it (1999 Saleen), still miss it :(. It's a real drivers car :)

Am I lucky that I haven't totaled my 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang?

VanquishedVantage
07-10-2015, 10:27
just for you VanquishedVantage, because we now know you love it :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefC0DPlHFQ

OH NO

MY WEAKNESS

Raven403
07-10-2015, 10:47
FTFY. =)

Seriously though, that season right there is an example of how unbalanced racing can be. The Mustang we have in-game demolished the competition, 11 straight wins for Kendall and the last two to Borkowski, nothing could touch the Mustang that year.

Yeah I agree, the Camaro got a wallopping that year, I just want more Roaring American Iron. Bring any of the Variations of IROC cars too, Camaro, Trans Am whatever, I'm not picky ;)

Cuba
07-10-2015, 12:32
<Insert obvious curious "What did you hit, how hard, and at what velocity" question>

<_<
I hit a tree (driver side impact) at fairly low speed; 15-20 mph impact speed I'm guessing. Impact was right at the between the engine compartment and cockpit; bent the frame. I was turning left onto a highway on-ramp and decided to break the back end loose a bit. I hit a bump/manhole cove which made the rear break free more that I'd anticipated. I over corrected, the car snapped back the other way and I slid sidways into huge tree. It happened at 1am so roads were clear so I decided to limp the car home. I was able to drive the car for a few miles (front left was really rubbing the body work and finally blew). Stupid mistake. Saleen #647 was retired :(

havocc
07-10-2015, 12:56
Tried for the first time just now at nurb gp, made 2 laps with default setup, best 2.05, i can say it's still a better car than sls gt3 but...dat cockpit view... looks like the car is made for inmates...

havocc
07-10-2015, 13:05
Yeah I agree, the Camaro got a wallopping that year, I just want more Roaring American Iron. Bring any of the Variations of IROC cars too, Camaro, Trans Am whatever, I'm not picky ;)

My vote goes to https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/2007_Hummer_H3_--_NHTSA.jpg

By hummer for rammers :D

07-10-2015, 13:15
Yeah I agree, the Camaro got a wallopping that year, I just want more Roaring American Iron. Bring any of the Variations of IROC cars too, Camaro, Trans Am whatever, I'm not picky ;)#1 on my list from America (if we're excluding road cars): 1968-1972 golden era Trans-Am. Loved those in HistorX. =)

Raven403
07-10-2015, 13:51
#1 on my list from America (if we're excluding road cars): 1968-1972 golden era Trans-Am. Loved those in HistorX. =)

Couldn't agree more. It's the one class/series of cars I'd really really love to see added, I requested them in Pcars2 forum too. They had a selection in Shift 2 and it was awesome. I'd love to have those things in Pcars. Any selection of them. Camaro, Boss Mustang, Challenger, Cougar, Firebird, Falcon etc. Really hope to see them in either PC1 or PC2

07-10-2015, 13:55
How could you leave out the AAR 'Cudas? Those should be at the top of the list. =)

Beatminister
07-10-2015, 14:06
I like the Mustang TransAm a lot, apart of its bad view field from the cockpit. But if you know the track well enough, its ok.

Very surprised I was about the new "civilian" version, the Mustang GT. On race tracks you cant get it to much more than 240kph, but with its super long 7th gear it can do 285kph - if you give it 5 minutes or so.

VanquishedVantage
07-10-2015, 14:28
I hit a tree (driver side impact) at fairly low speed; 15-20 mph impact speed I'm guessing. Impact was right at the between the engine compartment and cockpit; bent the frame. I was turning left onto a highway on-ramp and decided to break the back end loose a bit. I hit a bump/manhole cove which made the rear break free more that I'd anticipated. I over corrected, the car snapped back the other way and I slid sidways into huge tree. It happened at 1am so roads were clear so I decided to limp the car home. I was able to drive the car for a few miles (front left was really rubbing the body work and finally blew). Stupid mistake. Saleen #647 was retired :(

Ouch.

Everytime I drive my 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang Terminator around the city, people just stare at my car knowing how rare it is, lol.