PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G920 FFB on P.C ***PLEASE HELP***

Deano
07-10-2015, 04:06
Hi All,

I have one last issue to solve before I can go on racing on my new full blown sim setup built just for Project Cars. Unfortunately I've selected a Logitech G920 and have had two issues. The 1st was the infamous 'No FFB' and once that was solved the following issue was discovered...

Without making the explanation too long, in a nut shell it goes like this...

Turning left and turning left only FFB feels much weaker than turning right. When turning left FFB weakens and then at around 90deg I feel a notch and beyond this point FFB proceeds to rapidly turn the wheel to full left lock rather than come back to center like when turning right. In fact turning right feels great thanks to Jacks tweaker files.

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue? Without going into too much detail I'm fairly clued up and I've been trying to iron it out for weeks. Logitech have been not been able to assist and claim I'm the only person to raise this issue.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Dean

Morgan Henstridge
07-10-2015, 04:58
Hi Dean, do you get this behaviour in any other games??

Deano
07-10-2015, 07:42
Great question. I currently haven't tried any other games as I had a usb short that fried my motherboard and cleaned out my hard drives and games is one thing I haven't ever backed up and i haven't re installed any games apart from project cars. Can you advise any games knowen to be working correctly with the g920 on pc win 7? Thanks very much for your response! In the mean time I'll try something like grid 2 and let you know. I so should have already eliminated this test. Too focused on project cars. Cheers

Alib62
23-12-2015, 13:24
Hi guys,

A friend and I, both owning a G920, are experiencing the same issue as Dean.
When turning left, FFB starts to feel a lot weaker at about 90-180 degrees (depending on the car) and after that point it turns the wheel to full lock automatically. When turning right there is none of this problems.
We have the newest Logitech Gaming Software installed and have tried a lot of different settings ingame, reinstalling LGS, Jacks tweaker files etc.

I don't get this behaviour in any other games. Have tried Dirt Rally which is working fine and AC & RRE which don't have this problem but many others.

Thanks for your help :)

poirqc
23-12-2015, 13:27
If you want a free game to test that, you could try Live for Speed. There's a free demo that will let you test your wheel to it's full extent.

Alib62
23-12-2015, 15:15
Problem seems to be Project Cars specific. Dirt Rally & LFS don't have this problems.

In PCars it's only while driving, not while standing still.

poirqc
23-12-2015, 15:42
Problem seems to be Project Cars specific. Dirt Rally & LFS don't have this problems.

In PCars it's only while driving, not while standing still.

I remember reading you can update thr firmware of the G920. You could try that.

Also, i don't know if you can run the G920 without logitech driver. G25/G27 user can do that. But you would need a shifter to set the correct DoR of the wheel.

Alib62
24-12-2015, 09:19
Firmware is updated to the newest version. Unfortunately, you cannot run the G920 without the driver as it seems.

Nevertheless, I experienced the following:
After reinstalling LGS suddenly the Centering Spring was activated very strong and the error didn't occur, so turning left and right felt the same. But playing with such a strong centering spring is no fun because you cannot drift or slide even a little bit through corners. Since there is no way to adjust the centering spring in the LGS I don't know what to do now (aside from refunding this wheel).

poirqc
24-12-2015, 12:00
Firmware is updated to the newest version. Unfortunately, you cannot run the G920 without the driver as it seems.

Nevertheless, I experienced the following:
After reinstalling LGS suddenly the Centering Spring was activated very strong and the error didn't occur, so turning left and right felt the same. But playing with such a strong centering spring is no fun because you cannot drift or slide even a little bit through corners. Since there is no way to adjust the centering spring in the LGS I don't know what to do now (aside from refunding this wheel).

Did you play with Project Cars FFB settings?

The Default template comes with too much Steering Gain. Set it to 1, maybe it'll help.

little_lerroyy
22-01-2016, 07:14
Hi All,

I have one last issue to solve before I can go on racing on my new full blown sim setup built just for Project Cars. Unfortunately I've selected a Logitech G920 and have had two issues. The 1st was the infamous 'No FFB' and once that was solved the following issue was discovered...

Without making the explanation too long, in a nut shell it goes like this...

Turning left and turning left only FFB feels much weaker than turning right. When turning left FFB weakens and then at around 90deg I feel a notch and beyond this point FFB proceeds to rapidly turn the wheel to full left lock rather than come back to center like when turning right. In fact turning right feels great thanks to Jacks tweaker files.

Is anyone else experiencing this same issue? Without going into too much detail I'm fairly clued up and I've been trying to iron it out for weeks. Logitech have been not been able to assist and claim I'm the only person to raise this issue.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Dean

I have a G920, i dont think i always get it but sometimes when the FFB bugs out in the game, there is a definite bias of extra force when turning right. I could be wrong but it might be present all the time. When you have a strong FFB setting, you dont notice it too much.

hophans
22-01-2016, 08:43
He Dean.

I am not sure this will apply since i have the G29 but i take the firmware is some what alike.

Since i got mine i have had a heap of problems with the wheel, just mentioning that it took in excess of 5 hour just to get it to work.
After that it have had the strangest FFB issues, disconnects and hard resets during game.

My issue was solved with windows update since the logitech gaming software require a certain update for it to work correctly.
In my case after installing that update my wheel is working perfectly (not counting some challenges related to update 8.0).
It is worth to mention that this should accordingly to Logitech only apply to windows 7.

little_lerroyy
01-02-2016, 06:08
Recently after actually taking notice that i had the non-uniform force feedback issue on my G920 where the FFB is much weaker on the left, and quite stiff on the right.

To fix this problem change in project cars in game FFB settings.

Low Speed Saturation to 0
Low Speed Coefficient to 0

Wallah uniform FFB and it feels great!
You will now get firmer FFB towards the left and weaker FFB towards the right than before (for some reason its like the force feedback strength had a bias towards the right now, which now has been evened out). The only compromise is you will have is no FFB when going below 10mph/kmh, which is a very easy compromise.

I also highly recommend to drop menu spring strength to 0 for a more realistic steering rack feel!

Happy G920'ing!

andreybedny
14-11-2016, 09:20

Yes, this does help really!
Thanks.

Roger Prynne
14-11-2016, 10:53
Recently after actually taking notice that i had the non-uniform force feedback issue on my G920 where the FFB is much weaker on the left, and quite stiff on the right.

To fix this problem change in project cars in game FFB settings.

Wallah uniform FFB and it feels great!
You will now get firmer FFB towards the left and weaker FFB towards the right than before (for some reason its like the force feedback strength had a bias towards the right now, which now has been evened out). The only compromise is you will have is no FFB when going below 10mph/kmh, which is a very easy compromise.

I also highly recommend to drop menu spring strength to 0 for a more realistic steering rack feel!

Happy G920'ing!

Menu Spring Effect should only effect the strength of the wheel in the menus (as the the name suggests)

greamec
15-11-2016, 07:27
I have a G920 and use Jacks files. No issues . Loving the game. The best driving game ever from a long list since Mario Andretti on my 3DFX card. http://www.old-games.com/download/6048/andretti-racing-98

Before this wheel I had a G25 for 12 years. Really like the new brake mod.