PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no repercussion for rammers?

dznootz
07-10-2015, 07:13
I have logged 12 races in the last 24 hours in 12 of 12 races an opponent sees me passing on the outside and turns into me running me all the way to the wall. I don't understand every other legit racing game I've played there is a rating system for clean drivers. I am disgusted that I paid for this game. All the potential in the world completely nulled by knobs that get mad that you are passing them. I take my time and wait 4-5 turns for the perfect opportunity where I can pass cleanly and still it occurs.

I just don't get it. I try and try thinking maybe I can find some clean races and time and time again I realize I have been robbed. I stream this game and when people are in my stream asking me if they should buy it the game answers the question for them when someone just completely purposefully takes me out and there is absolutely nothing stopping them from doing so.

I'll keep checking back for update, but at this point I'm forced to make my own lobby then sit there for 30 minutes just to ensure I can get a quality game. I really shouldn't have to.

Sheldon
07-10-2015, 07:20
I wish Pcars had the same sort of rating system as iRacing, I think it would really cut down on the ramming and allow for more clean and fun races. I do understand that some bumping, ramming and rubbing is allowed in a race but to deliberately rear-end a player shouldn't be.

Charger
07-10-2015, 07:28
I am surprised as well as the Bandai Namco EULA clearly states

5.3 BNGE retains the right to suspend your access to the Game without previous notification if you violate the terms of this EULA. You will violate this EULA if you (or others using your online account) do any of the following:
• Post, transmit, promote, or distribute content that violates any law or regulation.
• Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another user that is unwanted.
• Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated.
• Violate any rules communicated by BNGE from time to time.
• Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking.
• Disclose your own or other users’ personal information.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including any BNGE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
• Impede or disrupt the Game or the normal flow of game play or dialogue, or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users.
• Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Game.
• Use or exploit any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Game or to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
• Trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the Game.
• Violate any applicable laws including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks, regulations and rules wherever you are using the Game. This includes rules for use of third-party technology and content, rules of interactive service providers, and federal, state, local and foreign laws where applicable. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
• Do anything that interferes with the ability of other users to enjoy playing the Game in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of BNGE , or the third party service provider (if applicable), in maintaining the Game for the enjoyment of all its users.
• Intentionally disconnecting from the network during online play, or allowing yourself to be defeated by a given player repeatedly to help boost their rankings or win counts.

RTA nOsKiLlS
07-10-2015, 07:31
There will be repercussion......the KICK button. SMS will be posting out a big red kick button to everyone soon.

http://www.moma.org/interactives/exhibitions/2011/talktome/assets/TTM_017-large.jpg

Alan_Bernardo
07-10-2015, 11:38
Same question asked over and over and over.

Simple answer-- blacklist.

Pcars Driver 44
08-10-2015, 05:30
Is frustrating! Just one incident with me 15 laps race went from first to last on the last lap from someone waiting on the track. I most certainly would like to see cars a lap down ghosted! Ok I know it spoils it for long races with pits when your playing in your league races but I think it would help.

SIR_Driftalot
08-10-2015, 08:15
I have to admit, out of all the dirty tricks and techniques, this is the one that aggravates me the most. Recently I had a 5 lap race at Bathurst, GT4, public lobby. I qualified on pole a good two seconds ahead of second place, so thought if I got a good start, I could control the race quite easily. Happy days. So I get a decent start and get rammed into hell corner, I spin, right myself and wait for the pack (8 cars) to pass me. That's racing. 5 laps around Bathurst is quite a long ride, so I compose myself and get to racing. Within less then 2 laps I had passed all the other cars cleanly using nimble braking and better faster lines through some of the slower corners. 3 odd laps left and I'm closing down on first place. He/she was in the Mustang, and I was in the Ginetta, so it was a bit of cat and mouse as he/she really used the long straights to their advantage, building back the time I had gained over the top of the mountain. On lap 4 he/she went wide on the entry into the cutting giving me enough time to get my nose up the insides we were accelerating out of the turn side by side, me with better drive, and my nose well clear in front, they decided to run me into the wall. I yielded and managed to minimise any speed loss and monstered him/her over the top off the mountain, the pressure must of been to much, because they eventually put a wheel off in the kitty litter over skyline, and we all know how that's like driving through super glue.
I passed cleanly and put my head down and finished the race with a nice 10 second lead. On the results screen I found this guy/girl had been relegated to 5th because of their actions, and I was dumbstruck as to how someone could value a win so much, that they would give up second place?

Anyway, end rant.

Cheers.

deedub777
08-10-2015, 08:28
Find clean racers on forum
Use a private lobby
Fill grid with 'predictable' AI at a chosen difficulty level that suits your ability.
Race,
Enjoy,
Repeat,

Public lobbys' don't work, period. Actually I'm surprised to see you have that problem on PC - I thought it was a game console thing.

The grid will build as you find like minded racers, there are plenty.
(I also notice that bandwidth lag issues are reduced in private rooms - along with the constant new-player-joining-track-messing-up-quali lag)

dznootz
08-10-2015, 09:53
I understand I just needed to vent. Can anyone suggest some racing communities I could join? I'd love to race actually race.
I don't even bother racing through the first corner I sit back watch the destruction and zoom right past it usually sitting me in 4th place with a decent gap to makeup. I would love to find like-minded racers. The most frustrating thing possible is to qualify for 15-30 minutes practice another 15 then get wiped out on the first 2 turns by some knob. It just feels like such a waste of time.

Help me even though I necro'd a past issue make this post productive and let me in on these secret private games I can play in!

Xionax
08-10-2015, 15:09
As an amateur programmer i've written some scripts to kick people from our public server (DWMC CleanRacing) that are griefing. So far its going pretty well and soon a kick condition will be implemented based on the amount of collisions someone caused with another player. However, before I can do that I need to have the numbers right (what is a fair amount of touching eachother). Afterall bumping eachother is part of the race and happens sometimes. Until then there are lots of other features already implemented.

So far I'm pretty pleased with the results and others are noticing it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jTh4rqkwnk

Feel free to join the server when you like. Scripting is running 24x7

erickgoldner
08-10-2015, 15:22
As an amateur programmer i've written some scripts to kick people from our public server (DWMC CleanRacing) that are griefing. So far its going pretty well and soon a kick condition will be implemented based on the amount of collisions someone caused with another player. However, before I can do that I need to have the numbers right (what is a fair amount of touching eachother). Afterall bumping eachother is part of the race and happens sometimes. Until then there are lots of other features already implemented.

So far I'm pretty pleased with the results and others are noticing it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jTh4rqkwnk

Feel free to join the server when you like. Scripting is running 24x7

Xionax, you have implemented these scripts via the HTTP API, right?
I've been studing the Lua Script and documentation to try create similar actions as you described.
Would you care to explain a little bit more how have you implemented these scripts?

Xionax
08-10-2015, 15:39
Xionax, you have implemented these scripts via the HTTP API, right?
I've been studing the Lua Script and documentation to try create similar actions as you described.
Would you care to explain a little bit more how have you implemented these scripts?

I've started with LUA but I found it to be difficult because the documentation is very limited. Therefor i've switched to a language i'm familiar with. You can simple read the JSON output and parse it as you like with programming languages like Python or Perl. When you have such scripting knowledge you can simple write your own intelligence and make event triggers.

Pretty happy with the fact that SMS is providing such an API interface and that it is up to the community to write awesome stuff for it. Only thing SMS should do is keep enriching the API so that programmers like myself can keep improving the scripting.

cogent
08-10-2015, 16:37
However, before I can do that I need to have the numbers right (what is a fair amount of touching eachother). Afterall bumping eachother is part of the race and happens sometimes.

I think the best will be if you let the user decide it, or will you not release it and are only asking how to set it on your own server?

thmxvr
08-10-2015, 17:32
I've started with LUA but I found it to be difficult because the documentation is very limited. Therefor i've switched to a language i'm familiar with. You can simple read the JSON output and parse it as you like with programming languages like Python or Perl. When you have such scripting knowledge you can simple write your own intelligence and make event triggers.

Pretty happy with the fact that SMS is providing such an API interface and that it is up to the community to write awesome stuff for it. Only thing SMS should do is keep enriching the API so that programmers like myself can keep improving the scripting.

Hi,

Those kind of scripting should be done in Lua IMO. It can be done in any other language with the HTTP API but those require a separate process to run in parallel. A "plug-in" for the DS is a better approach and this is Lua only. I was thinking in writing a collection of Lua module for the DS with this kind of functionalities; but did not had the time yet. Are you interested in publishing your code on github and start a community effort to write maintain useful script like those?

thmxvr
08-10-2015, 17:40
I have the following ideas for DS Lua modules:
- Auto-kick high ping
- Auto-kick non moving cars after a certain time of immobility (to avoid people standing still on the grid, or in the middle of a corner)
- Detect (repetitive) rammers, and automatically send them gifts, or blacklist them as you wish.
- Chat commands: Use the chat system to control the DS. For examplke writing "#kick mypassword id_to_kick" would kick the user with the id "id_to_kick" this would permit some "admins" to kick people without a vote.

erickgoldner
08-10-2015, 17:46
I have the following ideas for DS Lua modules:
- Auto-kick high ping
- Auto-kick non moving cars after a certain time of immobility (to avoid people standing still on the grid, or in the middle of a corner)
- Detect (repetitive) rammers, and automatically send them gifts, or blacklist them as you wish.
- Chat commands: Use the chat system to control the DS. For examplke writing "#kick mypassword id_to_kick" would kick the user with the id "id_to_kick" this would permit some "admins" to kick people without a vote.

Pretty much the same ideas i had, but in the end those ideas are the ones everyone wants to implement for their servers.
Will try to work on first one for the next few days and see how the lua scripting behaves.

EvilM0nk3y
10-10-2015, 04:52
Patch 5 and we still can't kick the trolls.

They go specifically for servers listed as clean racing and laugh when they can't be kick.

This is getting old.

Xionax
10-10-2015, 10:01
Patch 5 and we still can't kick the trolls.

They go specifically for servers listed as clean racing and laugh when they can't be kick.

This is getting old.

Havent seen them on our server yet. Those that are known for it are kicked once they exit the pit.
Those that are yet unknown for being an &#*(@!&(*#! are added to the UNWANTED list rather quickly by me.

I like to see the rage when they reconnect and try to do it again so im not blacklisting. Priceless!

Oct *9 23:12:15 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CON: Connected JMeat to DWMC CleanRacing server
Oct *9 23:12:16 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: SESSION: UNWANTED Player (JMeat) detected, keeping him until he enters track, just to see if we can create some rage.
Oct *9 23:12:55 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: PIT: UNWANTED Player (JMeat) exits garage and is in pitlane
Oct *9 23:13:02 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CHAT: Sending user chat to JMeat: ****** DWMC CLEANRACING RULES ******
Oct *9 23:13:02 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CHAT: Sending user chat to JMeat: - 1. Play fair and follow the rules
Oct *9 23:13:02 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CHAT: Sending user chat to JMeat: - 2. Dont drive slow or idle on track
Oct *9 23:13:02 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CHAT: Sending user chat to JMeat: - 3. Treat your opponents with respect
Oct *9 23:13:10 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: Kicking JMeat (10) with a ban of 10 seconds with reason: "he is not allowed on the track"
Oct *9 23:13:10 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CHAT:Sending global chat to all: ** Kicking JMeat because he is not allowed on the track
Oct *9 23:13:10 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CON: JMeat force-left DWMC CleanRacing server
Oct *9 23:13:45 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CON: Connected JMeat to DWMC CleanRacing server
Oct *9 23:14:12 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CHAT: ccarnifexx(Administrator) : Hi Jmeat
Oct *9 23:14:26 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CON: JMeat left DWMC CleanRacing server
Oct *9 23:14:34 pcars DWMCEnforcer.py 25052: CHAT: Xionax(Administrator) : Aaaah, where did he go?

Sorry for being so childish.... ;-)

Neil Bateman
10-10-2015, 10:55
We really need something, the ghosting is useless as they dont need to go backwards to wreck people, they just join and say welcome to the demolition derby and sit on track and wait.

This among other issues is ruining not only peoples enjoyment racing online but also to any online racing enthusiasts the games reputation and appeal.

Ian Bell
10-10-2015, 10:56
We can't remove people from online on Sony or Microsoft platforms.

RTA nOsKiLlS
10-10-2015, 11:06

No one wants you to remove people from online on XBL or PSN, WE just want the ability to kick the idiots ourselves.

We could really do with it, ASAP, before everyone gets bored of the parked cars.

I dont care about the pits, I dont care about cars being tweaked, much on the patch 5.0 list.

I and many many many others are waiting for the day/night, when we can play this game, without dickheads in the lobby.

Please Ian, get the host kick function into this game, before you do anything else.

There wont be anyone left to support the game for, if we dont have this soon.

Have you played online on the Xbox or PS4? There is less chance of being crashed on GTA5.

To do list:

1: Host kick function
2: Online Lag
3: The rest of the bug list.

The host kick if something the community has been screaming for, for the past couple of months. If you want everyone to enjoy your game, then get it to us quickly please. If your not bothered if we enjoy it or not, dont put the host kick function in. But I doubt I'll spend money on the next one.

notanuva
10-10-2015, 11:06
We've got kick / ban options on battlefield 4 on ps4 but that is on rented servers can't we get something similar so we can kick and ban the rammers.

Ian Bell
10-10-2015, 11:15
No one wants you to remove people from online on XBL or PSN, WE just want the ability to kick the idiots ourselves.

We could really do with it, ASAP, before everyone gets bored of the parked cars.

I dont care about the pits, I dont care about cars being tweaked, much on the patch 5.0 list.

I and many many many others are waiting for the day/night, when we can play this game, without dickheads in the lobby.

Please Ian, get the host kick function into this game, before you do anything else.

There wont be anyone left to support the game for, if we dont have this soon.

Have you played online on the Xbox or PS4? There is less chance of being crashed on GTA5.

To do list:

1: Host kick function
2: Online Lag
3: The rest of the bug list.

The host kick if something the community has been screaming for, for the past couple of months. If you want everyone to enjoy your game, then get it to us quickly please. If your not bothered if we enjoy it or not, dont put the host kick function in. But I doubt I'll spend money on the next one.

I'm not even sure that a host kick is legal (we use Sony and Microsoft servers). But I'll say this, I'll look into it now.

Neil Bateman
10-10-2015, 11:16
I reckon most of the wreckers/rammers are people who bought the game and cant get a handle on how to drive because its not an arcade game, they cant compete because they are too slow or keep crashing so the only 2 options left are sell the game or ruin it for everyone who can drive and compete.

Ian Bell
10-10-2015, 11:19
OK, I've pushed host kick investigation to the lead in this area. I'll report back with the facts ASAP.

RTA nOsKiLlS
10-10-2015, 16:07
I'm not even sure that a host kick is legal (we use Sony and Microsoft servers). But I'll say this, I'll look into it now.

It simply must be legal. Turn 10 do it in their games, when its a custom lobby/private lobby. If the host kicks someone, that person is unable to join the lobby they were kicked from for 24 hours. They are completely free to search for another lobby.

Codemasters do it in their games. Custom/Private lobbies. But its a majority vote in a public, non human host playlist.

Rockstar do it, In GTA5 you constantly receive invites to missions, and if you join one, the host has the ability to kick you from their mission.

Seeing as this game is purely human hosted custom lobbies, then there should be no legal reason why it cannot be implemented. The people kicked will end up having to create their own lobby.

Thanks for looking into it, although I must admit, I thought it was a work in progress already.

NutsMammoth
10-10-2015, 16:50
The Online Reputation still not working since the game is available (May 2015):
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23707-Online-Reputation

On the official web site: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

ONLINE PERFORMANCE & REPUTATION

Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity.
But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

The number of races entered vs the number completed
Breakdown of placement in those races
Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions
Average finishing position and average qualifying position
The number of races where you incurred no penalties
And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct.
Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies.
Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

So play fair, be successful, and greatness awaits.

From listening and seeing how our WMD community have played Project CARS throughout development, and from seeing how racing fans play other titles out there,
we hope that all these features listed go a long way in ensuring Project CARS' online play is not only authentic and intense but also seamless and efficient.

Thread: Online Reputation And Exclusions - Here's how easy it could be:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36966-Online-Reputation-And-Exclusions-Here-s-how-easy-it-could-be

Nelson Pacheco
11-10-2015, 00:03
NutsMammoth well well... that was a nice catch

Tim Foster
11-10-2015, 10:05
If kicking undesirables is genuinely not an option, would permanently ghosting them be an adequate alternative?

Whether the host does that, or there's a vote, turning such players into ghosts would remove their impact from the event - and I would think they'd quickly get bored and move on.

The downside to ghosting is that the position on the server isn't cleared for another (decent) player to join the race, but at least they're no longer able to affect the racers, should kicking be a no-go.

driftoz
11-10-2015, 14:16

ofc its legal it has nothing to do with sony or microsoft servers, all we want is the person who has main control over the lobby to have the ability to kick a player out of the lobby with no vote needed from other players.

vahagn_hayk
11-10-2015, 16:04
OK, I've pushed host kick investigation to the lead in this area. I'll report back with the facts ASAP.

way to go sir! finally a way to immediately kick complete fools who join lobbies just to ram other or park across the road by themselves and/ or their retard friends and ruin racing for others!!!

vahagn_hayk
11-10-2015, 16:06
The Online Reputation still not working since the game is available (May 2015):
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23707-Online-Reputation

On the official web site: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/online.html

ONLINE PERFORMANCE & REPUTATION

Your Driver Network Profile tracks many stats relating to your Experience, Focus, and Affinity.
But it also tracks your Online Performance and Reputation...

The number of races entered vs the number completed
Breakdown of placement in those races
Pole positions achieved in online qualifying sessions
Average finishing position and average qualifying position
The number of races where you incurred no penalties
And the number of races where you were disqualified

All this information is then used to ensure you find players of similar skill and conduct.
Continually collide with other drivers and you'll slowly make acquaintances with others of similar destructive tendencies.
Drive with good sportsmanlike conduct and you'll be enjoying the company of other refined opponents.

So play fair, be successful, and greatness awaits.

From listening and seeing how our WMD community have played Project CARS throughout development, and from seeing how racing fans play other titles out there,
we hope that all these features listed go a long way in ensuring Project CARS' online play is not only authentic and intense but also seamless and efficient.

Thread: Online Reputation And Exclusions - Here's how easy it could be:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36966-Online-Reputation-And-Exclusions-Here-s-how-easy-it-could-be

hopefully hopefully!!! only way to keep rammers and parkers out of MP lobbies!

321Respawn
12-10-2015, 01:32
I am all for some way of making MP better but how does host kick actually work ?
Lets say you are host and Ian gives me a love tap which pisses me off so I go raging in chat that Ian Bell is a dirty rammer , blocker etc where is the proof ?
Most of the time I have no idea which car rammed me off the road especially at the start where it happens so often .
How does the host kick while in race ?
If it is requested during qualify it is still just my word against Ian and the host is probably busy trying to set a good time so he can be at the front and get punted off track when the race starts ?

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-10-2015, 02:19
I am all for some way of making MP better but how does host kick actually work ?
Lets say you are host and Ian gives me a love tap which pisses me off so I go raging in chat that Ian Bell is a dirty rammer , blocker etc where is the proof ?
Most of the time I have no idea which car rammed me off the road especially at the start where it happens so often .
If it is requested during qualify it is still just my word against Ian and the host is probably busy trying to set a good time so he can be at the front and get punted off track when the race starts ?

Proof is not required. If you annoy the host, expect to be kicked.
I would kick anyone I see parking on the track, anyone who takes me out, and anyone I don't like and don't want in the same lobby as me.
The kicking would happen before or after the race.

The host shouldn't need to disclose the reason, but i'm sure some will happily tell you why you got kicked.

Everyone paid for the game, everyone has the right to enjoy the game, everyone has the ability to be a lobby host. So if you end up being kicked and you feel it was unjust, don't join that particular host again. Or make your own lobby, and request evidence before you kick the idiots.

If your a clean racer, then you should have nothing to be worried about. :)

Charger
12-10-2015, 03:52
Pretty much summed it up there, the host is always watching and we have eyes everywhere, reports come thick and fast to the host when dickheads are afoot!

F1_Racer68
12-10-2015, 04:41
Same question asked over and over and over.

Simple answer-- blacklist.

Except that is not a solution for public lobbies. Public lobbies are as much a part of the game as any other option and I should have as much freedom to enjoy relatively clean racing there as I do on a dedicated server or a private lobby.

thmxvr
12-10-2015, 14:15
Do not get confused between private/public lobbies and P2P/DS lobbies. They are not self exclusive, you can have P2P lobbies that are public or private just as you can have private or public DS lobbies.

321Respawn
12-10-2015, 16:55
Proof is not required. If you annoy the host, expect to be kicked.
I would kick anyone I see parking on the track, anyone who takes me out, and anyone I don't like and don't want in the same lobby as me.
The kicking would happen before or after the race.

The host shouldn't need to disclose the reason, but i'm sure some will happily tell you why you got kicked.

Everyone paid for the game, everyone has the right to enjoy the game, everyone has the ability to be a lobby host. So if you end up being kicked and you feel it was unjust, don't join that particular host again. Or make your own lobby, and request evidence before you kick the idiots.

If your a clean racer, then you should have nothing to be worried about. :)
You didn't really answer the question .
Lets try again .So RTA you are host and busy doing your qualify or even in the actual race and I get smashed off the road by Ian Bell .I shout out in chat that Ian Bell just took me out for no reason what so ever .
As host what are you going to do ? Do you believe me even though you have had no trouble from Ian yourself ?Do you quit your race or qualify lap just to kick Ian who may well not be guilty .
Maybe I am in the race with a couple of mates and they all back my call for kick because they are my mates .
Maybe the host can sit in the pits and monitor the race which kinda sucks for him and without the ability to run a replay of the so called incident he can not make a real call on it .
Sure if a guy sits in the middle of a corner on qualify host kick will work but in a race not so much .
The only real solution is for the driver rating thing to actually work and group the good with the good and bad with the bad .

Charger
12-10-2015, 17:47
Ramming usually rears it's head in qualifying, if I am host and I get a call to kick someone I go to the pits and watch them, most rammers will do it multiple times so it's not hard to catch them, if racing we just try and work around it and kick them at the earliest convenience, that race will suck but it's better than not being able to kick them at all.

We don't react on one call out because as you say it could have been a racing incident but real rammers are too stupid and do it blatantly, I don't mind sitting in the pits as I usually do one hot lap and go there anyway, I don't mind not starting at the front it gives me a challenge passing people.

We had a person that I will not name come in again last night and everyone knows him and he was instantly banned, it doesn't take long to mentally remember the rammers, this guy must think we have the memories of a goldfish! Once banned for an hour he must get bored and doesn't come back, that's the thing with rammers, if they get no reaction it's no fun any more and they go elsewhere!

F1_Racer68
12-10-2015, 19:48
Lets try again .So RTA you are host and busy doing your qualify or even in the actual race and I get smashed off the road by Ian Bell .I shout out in chat that Ian Bell just took me out for no reason what so ever .
As host what are you going to do ? Do you believe me even though you have had no trouble from Ian yourself ?Do you quit your race or qualify lap just to kick Ian who may well not be guilty .
Maybe I am in the race with a couple of mates and they all back my call for kick because they are my mates .
Maybe the host can sit in the pits and monitor the race which kinda sucks for him and without the ability to run a replay of the so called incident he can not make a real call on it .
Sure if a guy sits in the middle of a corner on qualify host kick will work but in a race not so much .
The only real solution is for the driver rating thing to actually work and group the good with the good and bad with the bad .

The point of a host kick is not to be able to kick during a specific race, but rather to be able to get rid of the deliberate wreckers that show up in the room. There are several players out there right now that jump from public lobby to public lobby with the sole and express intention of causing havoc. We know who they are. Even if we don't know it will become very obvious very quickly.

With the current system (or more correctly lack of) we are stuck with those individuals in the room with our only recourse being to for us to leave. Once we all do, a new room is created and inevitably they will join and start all over again.

Giving us the ability to kick them after the ruined race, and having them automatically blocked from rejoining the room allows us to continue racing without their BS ruining everyone's night. Most current console games already do this, as do many PC based games. The ban is specific to that lobby. Once the lobby closes the ban is also gone. This does not prevent the guilty parties from playing the game, nor does it prevent them from joining other online lobbies. It is a temporary and specific ban from that lobby for the life of that one lobby.

This should be a simple matter to implement since it is already supported by all platforms in many games. It would also solve 95% of the online issues. Instead of an entire night of racing ruined, we lose 1 race to the wreckers.

I completely agree that there needs to be a sreious level of proof for a permanent and total ban. That is not what we are asking for. We are simply asking for a tool that allows us to protect and police our lobby.

RTA nOsKiLlS
12-10-2015, 22:17

As host what am I going to do? Well firstly, I'd probably laugh. I doubt Ian Bell goes around ramming and parking. If I've had no problem with him, then I'd be thinking that YOU are the problem, and would checkout your driving.

If someone complains to me as host, It would depend if I know the person who is reporting the idiot, If its one of my friends, or someone I've had good clean close racing with, I'd kick the idiot. If its someone I have never seen before, I'd probably spectate both people, and kick if any ramming happens.

I don't need a rating system to tell me who the dickheads are. I find that out the hard way, and remember them, and smash them back. With a host kick, they would just be removed at the earliest convenience.

There are already a few people who I would instantly kick, and one of them is a "clean racer of decent ability" or so his own post promoting his clean driving said, and yet, I got P.I.T maneuvered by him last night. I could not be bothered to catch back up, so I waited for him to come round again. He saw me waiting, and left the lobby. No contact needed. If host kick worked, he would have been removed at the end of the next qualifying session.

If people cannot race cleanly in my lobby, they will get kicked. If someone decides to take me out for a lovely T-Bone steak, they will get hounded and then kicked.

VBR
13-10-2015, 15:43

People wouldn't need to be removed from online entirely, just from my lobby if they misbehave. Gran Turismo has an option for hosts to kick individual players from individual lobbies so obviously Sony doesn't have a problem with that.

I've been hosting clean racing events in Gran Turismo since 2009. League races, club races, & open lobbies. In over a year & a half of racing in public open lobbies in GT6, I've only had to kick 2 players. The only way I've been able to host such clean & respectful racing is with the following host options;

TEXT CHAT Having a the ability to communicate with players, & having a written record of it in the chat log, goes a long way to explaining what is required of them in a clean, respectful, & gentlemanly lobby. I can also warn them instead of kicking them, which works most times.

HOST KICKS PLAYER Being able to remove blatent trolls stops them from ruining others races, online becomes fun, & more people buy & play your game (also Sony gets more PS Plus sales). Being able to do it via voice commands whilst racing, so that a host doesn't have to quit back to the lobby, would make it an even more superior function.

PSN PLAYER BLOCKED LIST Being able to stop trolls from permanently entering any of my individual lobbies acts as a good deterent to any would be bad drivers, & protects me from having to deal with the exact same trolls over & over again every single time I go racing.

LOBBY NAMES Being able to name my lobby "CLEAN OR KICK" stops many bad drivers in their tracks as they simply won't bother turning up. Likewise, many people like dirty racing & for them to be able to name their lobby's "DIRTY OR KICK" helps players find the kind of racing they want, & keeps the dirty guys out my clean lobbies. However, lobby names in GT were too short, having more characters would be very welcome indeed.

DISABLE VOICE CHAT In the heat of the moment people often times say something they will regret, by forcing voice chat off for the whole lobby it encourages people to think before they type text, & thus avoids most arguments from even happening in the first place. There's nothing worse than having a troll in the lobby swearing his head off, & not being able to kick or silence him. In my GT lobbies I always have voice chat off & politely ask everyone to keep the language as clean as the racing, pointing out that some players might have their children present with them. That thought takes care of 99% of any nastiness that might have otherwise occured.

Without these fundamental options, I wouldn't have been able to police behaviour in open lobbies, & the huge communities of clean & gentleman racers in Gran Turismo wouldn't have been possible. In Project CARS I can't do any of these things, which saddens me deeply. I don't want to race in closed lobbies, I want to race in open lobbies but with the controls in place to ensure that all clean drivers have fun & want to play your game even more.

In GT I would also text drivers on PSN the rules for each type of racing we did, which was very time consuming, but extremely beneficial as they could decide to agree & race, or disagree & leave (which some in fact did). You could make life a lot easier if there was a facility in the lobby for hosts to write up the rules & regs for their events.

I thought with all the community involvement in Project CARS that all the basic options & then some would already have been implemented. I really love the physics in this game, the FFB through my wheel is incredible, & the feel of driving is spot on for many cars. But as an online only racer who mostly races in open lobbies, the game has no lasting appeal, so much so that I have decided that spending money on PS Plus or any other in-game DLC is pointless.

I would love a fully featured multiplayer experience, shaped & molded by the Project CARS community, & would love to see this game succeed not only as an accurate sim, but as an awesome online racing platform. Thanks for reading this long post, & all the best in hopefully sorting these issues out.

:)

SpeedFreakDTM
13-10-2015, 18:13
People wouldn't need to be removed from online entirely, just from my lobby if they misbehave. Gran Turismo has an option for hosts to kick individual players from individual lobbies so obviously Sony doesn't have a problem with that.

I've been hosting clean racing events in Gran Turismo since 2009. League races, club races, & open lobbies. In over a year & a half of racing in public open lobbies in GT6, I've only had to kick 2 players. The only way I've been able to host such clean & respectful racing is with the following host options;

TEXT CHAT Having a the ability to communicate with players, & having a written record of it in the chat log, goes a long way to explaining what is required of them in a clean, respectful, & gentlemanly lobby. I can also warn them instead of kicking them, which works most times. You can't do that with voice chat.

HOST KICKS PLAYER Being able to remove blatent trolls stops them from ruining others races, online becomes fun, & more people buy & play your game (also Sony gets more PS Plus sales). Being able to do it via voice commands whilst racing, so that a host doesn't have to quit back to the lobby, would make it an even more superior function.

PSN PLAYER BLOCKED LIST Being able to stop trolls from permanently entering any of my individual lobbies acts as a good deterent to any would be bad drivers, & protects me from having to deal with the exact same trolls over & over again every single time I go racing.

LOBBY NAMES Being able to name my lobby "CLEAN OR KICK" stops many bad drivers in their tracks as they simply won't bother turning up. Likewise, many people like dirty racing & for them to be able to name their lobby's "DIRTY OR KICK" helps players find the kind of racing they want, & keeps the dirty guys out my clean lobbies. However, lobby names in GT were too short, having more characters would be very welcome indeed.

Without these fundemental options, I wouldn't have been able to police behaviour in open lobbies, & the huge communities of clean & gentleman racers in Gran Turismo wouldn't have been possible. In Project CARS I can't do any of these things, which saddens me deeply. I don't want to race in closed lobbies, I want to race in open lobbies but with the controls in place to ensure that all clean drivers have fun & want to play your game even more.

I would also text drivers on PSN the rules for each type of racing we did, which was very time consuming, but extremely beneficial as they could decide to agree & race, or disaggre & leave which some in fact did. You could make life a lot easier if there was a facility in the lobby for hosts to write up the rules & regs for their events.

I thought with all the community involvement in Project CARS that all the basic options & then some would already have been implemented. I really love the physics in this game, the FFB through my wheel is incredible, & the feel of driving is spot on for many cars. But as an online only racer who only races in open lobbies, the game holds no lasting appeal, so much so that I have decided that spending money on PS Plus or any other in-game DLC is pointless.

I would love a fully featured multiplayer experience, shaped & molded by the Project CARS community, & would love to see this game succeed not only as an accurate sim, but as a kick ass online racing platform. Thanks for reading this long post, & all the best in hopefully sorting these issues out.

+1 to all of that.

Ramshackle
13-10-2015, 21:00
I really do think that giving hosts the ability to kick encourages better behaviour. The amount of spiteful players I come across on this game never fails to surprise and disappoint me. The main reason for this is because it's just so easy to get away with. The 'vote to kick' system doesn't really work when the players in the lobby don't/can't communicate.

Give hosts ability to kick and bring in a chat window so the lobby can communicate (call out the idiots). I'd put money on it that player behaviour would drastically improve. I don't know about anyone else, but when I come across the host in a race, I'm always extra careful to not make contact because I don't want to end up being kicked out of the lobby. I know some people obviously don't give a crap about that, but at least they'll only ruin one race when a good host is in charge.

Amik
13-10-2015, 23:04
Ramming usually rears it's head in qualifying, if I am host and I get a call to kick someone I go to the pits and watch them, most rammers will do it multiple times so it's not hard to catch them, if racing we just try and work around it and kick them at the earliest convenience, that race will suck but it's better than not being able to kick them at all.

We don't react on one call out because as you say it could have been a racing incident but real rammers are too stupid and do it blatantly, I don't mind sitting in the pits as I usually do one hot lap and go there anyway, I don't mind not starting at the front it gives me a challenge passing people.

We had a person that I will not name come in again last night and everyone knows him and he was instantly banned, it doesn't take long to mentally remember the rammers, this guy must think we have the memories of a goldfish! Once banned for an hour he must get bored and doesn't come back, that's the thing with rammers, if they get no reaction it's no fun any more and they go elsewhere!

wow, that person sounds really stupid:P :/

Amik
13-10-2015, 23:24
Ian, I would first like to say that i think this game is awesome. The Graphics are great and this is the best car-game i have played since Nascar racing back in 1994. I would also like to say that for me and many others, we also love the game since we are able to run demolition derbies. Strangely enough it seams that only me and Turbonoob currently represent this playerbase in the forums at the moment.

As for the discussed host kick option, the problem is this. As the majority of the player base seams to be ramming on purpose; a host kick option would eliminate any possibilities of having more then just a few People on each server. As the network of blacklisted People grows, the number of possible People inside each lobby would inevetably go down. I know this intuitively because I analysed quite a few binary Networks (eg cellular automatas) in my Msc degree in computer science.

blackduckrun
13-10-2015, 23:46
Ian, I would first like to say that i think this game is awesome. The Graphics are great and this is the best car-game i have played since Nascar racing back in 1994. I would also like to say that for me and many others, we also love the game since we are able to run demolition derbies. Strangely enough it seams that only me and Turbonoob currently represent this playerbase in the forums at the moment.

As for the discussed host kick option, the problem is this. As the majority of the player base seams to be ramming on purpose; a host kick option would eliminate any possibilities of having more then just a few People on each server. As the network of blacklisted People grows, the number of possible People inside each game goes Down. The problem seams to be that there isn't that many players online at the same time.

How is someone who is hanging about at turn 3 or 7 or whatever, waiting to ruin someone's race able to judge what percentage of the people who are actually racing are ramming on purpose? There aren't more on-line at the same time because of people like you ruining the experience. And it's not a global blacklist that is being discussed here, it is a ban for the duration of any existing lobby. Dedicated servers already have the ability to maintain their own individual blacklists. Why don't you go and start you're own Demo Derby lobby if that's what you like? Oh, because it's not just demo derby that you like, that's just the guise you hide it behind. You need unsuspecting people who are trying to have legit races to sneak attack in order for your own particular brand of fun to work. If everyone on the server is sitting around waiting for someone to drive by it just doesn't work so well. It is really an utterly selfish way to play the game.

Amik
14-10-2015, 00:06
How is someone who is hanging about at turn 3 or 7 or whatever, waiting to ruin someone's race able to judge what percentage of the people who are actually racing are ramming on purpose? There aren't more on-line at the same time because of people like you ruining the experience. And it's not a global blacklist that is being discussed here, it is a ban for the duration of any existing lobby. Dedicated servers already have the ability to maintain their own individual blacklists. Why don't you go and start you're own Demo Derby lobby if that's what you like? Oh, because it's not just demo derby that you like, that's just the guise you hide it behind. You need unsuspecting people who are trying to have legit races to sneak attack in order for your own particular brand of fun to work. If everyone on the server is sitting around waiting for someone to drive by it just doesn't work so well. It is really an utterly selfish way to play the game.

I don't understand, if you absolutely want to race clean, those RWB guys and several other People are hosting private servers for that. On other servers you will allways find that every players have different goals and ways to play the game.

And the way my concept of playing demolition derby Works is kinda reflected in.. well im not a very skilled at this game. However i still won my first game for 2 days ago With the help of my New friend Truckertony. I also had several good games With CaptainB, BP, Turbonoob, Humanitarian and many others.

Charger
14-10-2015, 00:53
Holy sh.t, why is this guy still here, I banned him again tonight, he just keeps on going, I will invoke the EULA again if I may....

5.3 BNGE retains the right to suspend your access to the Game without previous notification if you violate the terms of this EULA. You will violate this EULA if you (or others using your online account) do any of the following:
• Post, transmit, promote, or distribute content that violates any law or regulation.
• Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another user that is unwanted.
• Transmit or facilitate distribution of content that is harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or in a reasonable person's view, objectionable. Hate speech is not tolerated.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including any BNGE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
• Impede or disrupt the Game or the normal flow of game play or dialogue, or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users.
• Use or exploit any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Game or to gain an unfair advantage over other players.
• Trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the Game.
• Violate any applicable laws including but not limited to copyrights and trademarks, regulations and rules wherever you are using the Game. This includes rules for use of third-party technology and content, rules of interactive service providers, and federal, state, local and foreign laws where applicable. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
• Do anything that interferes with the ability of other users to enjoy playing the Game in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of BNGE , or the third party service provider (if applicable), in maintaining the Game for the enjoyment of all its users.
• Intentionally disconnecting from the network during online play, or allowing yourself to be defeated by a given player repeatedly to help boost their rankings or win counts.

So why is he still free to do what he is doing, I asked this question and got no response, Bandai don't want it happening and pass it back to the 3rd party being SMS but nothing gets done :mad:

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-10-2015, 01:03
I don't understand, if you absolutely want to race clean, those RWB guys and several other People are hosting private servers for that. On other servers you will allways find that every players have different goals and ways to play the game.

And the way my concept of playing demolition derby Works is kinda reflected in.. well im not a very skilled at this game. However i still won my first game for 2 days ago With the help of my New friend Truckertony. I also had several good games With CaptainB, BP, Turbonoob, Humanitarian and many others.

So take your band of noobs into your own lobby, and have your own slammin party.

We all know your not interested in having a demo derby lobby. You simply want to enrage people who are trying to have a race, by crashing them, or making them crash into you.

You say your not very skilled at this game, well, How do you expect to improve at it, if all you do is crash people. You have to spend the time getting used to the cars and tracks by actually driving them around the track, trying to stay within the white lines.

All you want is someone screaming over the mic at you. What you need is a console, where there are no privately run dedicated servers. May I suggest a PS4, and a lobby hosted by CopperySinger. ;)

Charger
14-10-2015, 01:06
So take your band of noobs into your own lobby, and have your own slammin party.

We all know your not interested in having a demo derby lobby. You simply want to enrage people who are trying to have a race, by crashing them, or making them crash into you.

You say your not very skilled at this game, well, How do you expect to improve at it, if all you do is crash people. You have to spend the time getting used to the cars and tracks by actually driving them around the track, trying to stay within the white lines.

All you want is someone screaming over the mic at you. What you need is a console, where there are no privately run dedicated servers. May I suggest a PS4, and a lobby hosted by CopperySinger. ;)

We have had our banter in the past but for once you talka ma language lol.

Amik
Holy sh.t, why is this guy still here, I banned him again tonight, he just keeps on going, I will invoke the EULA again if I may....

So why is he still free to do what he is doing, I asked this question and got no response, Bandai don't want it happening and pass it back to the 3rd party being SMS but nothing gets done :mad:

If you read the list carefully as well as my previous statements at the forums, you will realise im not doing anything wrong. I did nothing that interferes With the ability of other users to enjoin playing the game according to it's rules. Neither have I "attempted to use disruptive Methods in an attempt to disturb other users". As i have stated earlier, we simply have completely different ideas of how to play the game and how to achieve victory.

Anyways i think this is starting to wander out of topic...?

RTA nOsKiLlS

I think in this case, seeing as its on the PC, and the fact that this noob is admitting to it, and seeking others to help be disruptive via this forum, SMS would be well within their legal rights to ban this fool.

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-10-2015, 01:08
If you read the list carefully as well as my previous statements at the forums, you will realise im not doing anything wrong. I did nothing that interferes With the ability of other users to enjoin playing the game according to it's rules. Neither have I "attempted to use disruptive Methods in an attempt to disturb other users". As i have stated earlier, we simply have completely different ideas of how to play the game and how to achieve victory.

Its a racing game.

Not even trying to race, and only trying to crash people, IS DISRUPTIVE.

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-10-2015, 01:11
Amik, don't fret. Soon, you will be getting kicked from numerous public lobbies as well as being banned and blacklisted from DS's. Ohhh fun times ahead for you. ;)

Charger
14-10-2015, 01:12
I would say by spamming these forums and taking time from SMS employees or moderators to respond to your idiocy would fall under the rule of or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of as you are wasting time and in business time is money.

blackduckrun
14-10-2015, 02:57

I don't think it's that much off topic, you just really don't have a leg to stand on here. Have you ever heard of 'the spirit of the rules'? Well guess what? The spirit of racing is going fast and doing your best not to crash. In the vast majority of the lobbies you join to wreak havoc, you are violating the spirit of the rules intended by the lobby creator and impeding everyone's ability to enjoy a proper race. This is why you are not welcome. I have no doubt you already understand this, you just don't care. Some people can justify just about anything to themselves.

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 04:32
ofc its legal it has nothing to do with sony or microsoft servers, all we want is the person who has main control over the lobby to have the ability to kick a player out of the lobby with no vote needed from other players.

This is only a reasonable idea for private lobbies.
public should require a vote
Why alienate any of the small amount coming around to online, for one person to play king of lobby? Meh

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 04:36
If kicking undesirables is genuinely not an option, would permanently ghosting them be an adequate alternative?

Whether the host does that, or there's a vote, turning such players into ghosts would remove their impact from the event - and I would think they'd quickly get bored and move on.

The downside to ghosting is that the position on the server isn't cleared for another (decent) player to join the race, but at least they're no longer able to affect the racers, should kicking be a no-go.

This is a great solution. Vote to ghost.
So even if the host is abusing it. You can still show him up head to head for real.

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 04:39

Exactly why a vote is a must in a public lobby.
Blows my mind people whine and want control of public lobbies themselves.
Go private then.
You've got no right to speak for everyone else in a public setting.
Vote only for public.

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 04:48
The point of a host kick is not to be able to kick during a specific race, but rather to be able to get rid of the deliberate wreckers that show up in the room. There are several players out there right now that jump from public lobby to public lobby with the sole and express intention of causing havoc. We know who they are. Even if we don't know it will become very obvious very quickly.

With the current system (or more correctly lack of) we are stuck with those individuals in the room with our only recourse being to for us to leave. Once we all do, a new room is created and inevitably they will join and start all over again.

Giving us the ability to kick them after the ruined race, and having them automatically blocked from rejoining the room allows us to continue racing without their BS ruining everyone's night. Most current console games already do this, as do many PC based games. The ban is specific to that lobby. Once the lobby closes the ban is also gone. This does not prevent the guilty parties from playing the game, nor does it prevent them from joining other online lobbies. It is a temporary and specific ban from that lobby for the life of that one lobby.

This should be a simple matter to implement since it is already supported by all platforms in many games. It would also solve 95% of the online issues. Instead of an entire night of racing ruined, we lose 1 race to the wreckers.

I completely agree that there needs to be a sreious level of proof for a permanent and total ban. That is not what we are asking for. We are simply asking for a tool that allows us to protect and police our lobby.

Regarding that last request for tools. You have it. It's called a private lobby?
Don't get it.
You asked for the public room. Don't expect to be the king just because.
Let the whole public room decide.

Edit: I know people won't agree with me. That's fine.
But please explain to me why you can't use private lobbies to achieve the same?

Not enough friends? I'd guess that's true for everyone.

Public should be run by all the people in it. Not who started or inherited it

VBR
14-10-2015, 10:46
Like I already said back on page 5, being able name lobbies would go a long way to solving these problems. One lobby would be called "Clean Or Kick", & another might be called "Destruction Derby". The problem at the moment is that we cannot name lobbies, & thus have no idea what the host requires of us as there is no room name or text chat for him to communicate it to everyone. If SMS gives us the ability to name rooms, & have Host Kick/PSN Players Blocked/Text Chat/Disable Voice Chat, then it would solve most of these problems, as Gran Turismo has these options & I've hardly ever had any of these problems in that game.

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-10-2015, 11:24
Regarding that last request for tools. You have it. It's called a private lobby?
Don't get it.

Private lobbies would require you to have enough people who are currently ONLINE on your friends list. That want to play Pcars. This is not always possible.

Public lobbies are open for all the other people around the world, who you may not already know, who are just looking for a race. Host kick, keeps it a place for racing.

If you like private lobbies so much, a host kick shouldn't mean much to you.

Enjoy your private lobby.

erickgoldner
14-10-2015, 12:33
Just to correct a wrong information:
You can name the server whatever you want, both in the p2p and dedicated Version.
If you dont fill anything on the especific field for this while creating the Lobby, it will put your steam name for the servers name.

F1_Racer68
14-10-2015, 12:35
Don't get it.

So you feel the host should not have the power to police or "dictate" the room, yet you are OK with 1 or 2 idiots dictating the end of proper racing in a room? Yeah... THAT makes perfect sense.....

As host of the room, it is very much my room and therefore my rules. That is what the word HOST means. Or do you let your guests run your parties when you host them in your house? Notice the 2 words there? HOST and GUEST...... look up the meaning and maybe you'll figure out the rights of each of them.

Private Lobbies are not the answer either. As I have said before, Public Lobbies are as much a part of this game as anything else, and I have as much right to use them as anyone else. The reason I use them is to attract new members to my league. I can't exactly meet new racers in a lobby that only my friends can join now can I?

Sankyo
14-10-2015, 13:03

The problem is not the 'different ideas', the problem is that you are completely ignoring the signals you get from people not appreciating what you're doing.

It would be the same if I would buy a pair of boxing gloves, and each time you step outside I would put them on and hit you in the face with them. I would be using the gloves for what they are intended, and the fact that you don't like it means nothing to me because my idea of what's fun to do with them is simply different from yours.

Anyway, you got your final warning privately, one more report of you spoiling a public race with ramming and you'll be banned from online play altogether through Steam.

cluck
14-10-2015, 13:20
The problem is not the 'different ideas', the problem is that you are completely ignoring the signals you get from people not appreciating what you're doing.

It would be the same if I would buy a pair of boxing gloves, and each time you step outside I would put them on and hit you in the face with them. I would be using the gloves for what they are intended for, and the fact that you don't like it means nothing to me because my idea of what's fun to do with them is simply different from yours.

Anyway, you got your final warning privately, one more report of you spoiling a public race with ramming and you'll be banned from online play altogether through Steam.This post is worthless without video evidence :D

(yes, I'm clearly joking. Physically punching somebody because they are ruining your enjoyment of a computer game is clearly quite daft. Clearly.)

VBR
14-10-2015, 14:55
Just to correct a wrong information:
You can name the server whatever you want, both in the p2p and dedicated Version.
If you dont fill anything on the especific field for this while creating the Lobby, it will put your steam name for the servers name.

Many people have the PS4 vesion, myself included, & on that platform I'm failry sure you can't name lobbies at all.

MABlosfeld
14-10-2015, 15:11
ONLINE REPUTATION all have, we will use to filter and kick, it is fair

jhony
14-10-2015, 17:59
I just opened a topic and in my opinion this is another problem that is destroying the community!
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40819-Online-community-discouraged-by-Bugs

Umer Ahmad
14-10-2015, 20:41
Thanks but you do not have to promote your threads, this is not Facebook or whatever

jhony
14-10-2015, 21:00
Thanks but you do not have to promote your threads, this is not Facebook or whatever

No, this is not Facebook, this is a forum and share problems, solutions and discussions are part of its existence.

but, sorry for that.

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 22:35
Private lobbies would require you to have enough people who are currently ONLINE on your friends list. That want to play Pcars. This is not always possible.

Public lobbies are open for all the other people around the world, who you may not already know, who are just looking for a race. Host kick, keeps it a place for racing.

If you like private lobbies so much, a host kick shouldn't mean much to you.

Enjoy your private lobby.

No. You miss the point. I don't do private cause I don't have enough friends. But I realize the last thing I deserve is kings privileges over a public lobby because I don't. I'll allow everyone there a vote. I'm no tyrant.
Still think your supposed to be king of everyone else? Even if they are NOT YOUR FRINDS!
Ok. But why is my question. What makes you more special than the other public blokes? Who came randomly to your lobbie? Not through and invite?
Can you use empathy to put your self in any position but the hosts?
This attitude of kingship is exactly why it should be vote to kick, not some tyrant with one or two friends in the lobby. Thinking they own it because...... I don't get it.
Can't carry a private. But expect control of public.
Gotcha
Then it just becomes about who has most friends in, and therefor control of lobby.

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 22:48
So you feel the host should not have the power to police or "dictate" the room, yet you are OK with 1 or 2 idiots dictating the end of proper racing in a room? Yeah... THAT makes perfect sense.....

As host of the room, it is very much my room and therefore my rules. That is what the word HOST means. Or do you let your guests run your parties when you host them in your house? Notice the 2 words there? HOST and GUEST...... look up the meaning and maybe you'll figure out the rights of each of them.

Private Lobbies are not the answer either. As I have said before, Public Lobbies are as much a part of this game as anything else, and I have as much right to use them as anyone else. The reason I use them is to attract new members to my league. I can't exactly meet new racers in a lobby that only my friends can join now can I?

To each his own I guess. You sure do use the word I a lot in your last sentence.
I guess I should know that you deserve power over us, even if you do have to use The public to fill your private party needs.
If your gonna invite the public. It's rude to ignore their opinion, just cause your supposed to be the boss of everyone even though you can't find enough friends of your own who want to play by your rules?
The public is supposed to accept it instead?
Get over yourself.
You don't have a right to say public lobbies are all about what You want. Because it's your room.
Your room would be private party. This is a public setting. There's a difference.

You understand you are asking for random players, what gives you the right to speak for them all in a public setting?
Besides your own sense of entitlement

For the record. There's a reason no one joins and you can't get a private going.
Maybe your a bad host, that would be my assumption since your default attitude is
host rules, not guest rules.
I surely don't want to be invited to your house party/private lobby or subjected to your rules.
You sound like a host who doesn't care what the majority of his guests want.
That's a bad host. Yet you want to be king?
A true host is there for his guest. Not himself
Yes you have the right to use them, not rule them, because you can't carry a private yourself.

And if you took the role of host seriously. You wouldn't want it as bad, cause you never get to race as much. Always been my experience. You have to quit sessions to verify who needs to go etc. it's lame and you can't do it right if your trying to compete, instead of host.

I consider myself a good and fair host, but I hate doing it cause it's hard to make everyone happy. The only people who relish host are those who want to abuse it.

F1_Racer68
14-10-2015, 23:14
To each his own I guess. You sure do use the word I a lot in your last sentence.
I guess I should know that you deserve power over us, even if you do have to use U.S. public to fill your private party needs.
If your gonna invite the public. It's rude to ignore their opinion, just cause your supposed to be the boss of everyone even though you can't find enough friends of your own who want to play by your rules?
Get over yourself.
You don't have a right to say public lobbies are all about what You want. Because it's your room.
Your room would be private party. This is a public setting. There's a difference.

You understand you are asking for random players, what gives you the right to speak for them all in a public setting?

For the record. There's a reason no one joins you can't get a private going.
Maybe your a bad host, that would be my assumption since your default attitude is
I surely don't want to be invited to your house party/private lobby or subjected to your rules.

Wow... you obviously don't understand the concept of a Public Lobby. Your own arguments make no sense. First you want to allow the 1 or 2 GUESTS in your room to ruin everyone else's experience by not allowing yourself the ability to police your own house. Then you argue that you use PRIVATE lobbies because you don't have enough friends. Obviously you have some kind of backwards understanding of the lobby system, which is more than enough to tell me that I will not waste my time responding to your arguments anymore.

And by the way, you do understand that opening a public lobby and inviting people to join is like hosting a party in your house right? Do you invite strangers into your house and give them free run to do whatever they want there too? I'm thinking probably not. Chances are you are opening your door for like minded people to make new friends. As the owner of the house you still have the ability to ask those that aren't like minded to kindly leave. If they get belligerent you would probably call the cops. Host kick is no different. But then again, you never race in the public lobbies so you don't have to worry about the idiots that are out there and you won't ever meet other like minded racers and you won't make any more friends. Of course, your posts here won't win you any either considering how you respond to people.

I've said my piece about what I would like to see in the game. I would say 90% of the posters here feel the same way. SMS has my input and my opinion and that is all I care about.

Since you edited your post after I added mine, I will add to mine once more as well.

You accuse me of not responding to the wishes of my guest. You are dead wrong on that and if you took your head out of your ass for 2 seconds you would realize it yourself. As host it is my RESPONSIBILITY to look after the desires of the majority. That includes ensuring that they are able to enjoy themselves. For the vast majority of players that means racing cleanly. By my argument that means escorting anyone that is disrupting that out the door.

By your argument you are claiming no responsibility and telling your guest "Sorry folks, my hands are tied. We can't enjoy ourselves anymore because I can't ask dickhead to leave." What a great host you are. Instead of kicking one person out of the room you force everyone else to leave instead. No wonder no one wants to attend your parties.

Once again, you have shown clearly how backwards your logic

Gravit8
14-10-2015, 23:18
Wow... you obviously don't understand the concept of a Public Lobby. Your own arguments make no sense. First you want to allow the 1 or 2 GUESTS in your room to ruin everyone else's experience by not allowing yourself the ability to police your own house. Then you argue that you use PRIVATE lobbies because you don't have enough friends. Obviously you have some kind of backwards understanding of the lobby system, which is more than enough to tell me that I will not waste my time responding to your arguments anymore.

And by the way, you do understand that opening a public lobby and inviting people to join is like hosting a party in your house right? Do you invite strangers into your house and give them free run to do whatever they want there too? I'm thinking probably not. Chances are you are opening your door for like minded people to make new friends. As the owner of the house you still have the ability to ask those that aren't like minded to kindly leave. If they get belligerent you would probably call the cops. Host kick is no different. But then again, you never race in the public lobbies so you don't have to worry about the idiots that are out there and you won't ever meet other like minded racers and you won't make any more friends. Of course, your posts here won't win you any either considering how you respond to people.

I've said my piece about what I would like to see in the game. I would say 90% of the posters here feel the same way. SMS has my input and my opinion and that is all I care about.

I don't invite strangers to my house. Period. Get it yet?
Us Strangers are not yours to control. Go private if you need control that bad.
Vote to kick is fine. Meaning the entire Lobby of strangers can make their own choices. Not be subjected to the rules of 1 ass hat/tyrant.

It is after all the publics lobby. Not my private party.

I think YOU don't understand the basic difference between public and private.
Your the one trying to turn a public place into your own domain, and specifically asking to not include the public in decision making.
You don't get it.

RTA nOsKiLlS
14-10-2015, 23:25
No. You miss the point. I don't do private cause I don't have enough friends. But I realize the last thing I deserve is kings privileges over a public lobby because I don't. I'll allow everyone there a vote. I'm no tyrant.
Still think your supposed to be king of everyone else? Even if they are NOT YOUR FRINDS!
Ok. But why is my question. What makes you more special than the other public blokes? Who came randomly to your lobbie? Not through and invite?
This attitude of kingship is exactly why it should be vote to kick, not some tyrant with one or two friends in the lobby. Thinking they own it because...... I don't get it.
Gotcha
Then it just becomes about who has most friends in, and therefor control of lobby.

No. You are missing the point.

Its got nothing to do with having kings privileges, or being superior to anyone else, or having a power trip.

Its got everything to do with being able to remove dirty/troublesome people from the lobby. In order to have a good clean race. Thats all. The current system is not working.

The ONLY reason I can think of, why anyone would be against host kick power, is because they fear being kicked. If your clean, what's there to worry about? If you get kicked from lobby [A] join [B], [C] or [D] etc. Its not like you would be kicked offline.

NeonFlux
14-10-2015, 23:26
Gotcha

If someone goes to the trouble of setting up and running a lobby then they should have the ability to keep that lobby free of "undesirables". You suggest that people go into private lobbies - sorry but imo it would end up in a situation where the clean racers are forced to race in small isolated groups while the rammers have a free for all in the public lobbys. Doesn't really do much for the online community and rather limits the opportunity to meet new players don't you think?

If someone gets kicked it doesn't stop them from finding another lobby or even starting their own. I'm not sure why any clean racer would object to this.

F1_Racer68
14-10-2015, 23:38
I don't invite strangers to my house. Period. Get it yet?
Us Strangers are not yours to control. Go private if you need control that bad.
Vote to kick is fine. Meaning the entire Lobby of strangers can make their own choices. Not be subjected to the rules of 1 ass hat/tyrant.
It is after all the publics lobby. Not my private party.
I think you don't understand the basic difference between public and private.

It's you that doesn't understand the basic difference. Who opened the room? You did. Therefore it is designed from the start around your rules. You are creating it for others to join. You have opened the doors to the public to allow anyone that is looking for that style of race to join, but it is NOT the public's room, it is your room.

The use of PRIVATE and PUBLIC when creating the lobbies has nothing to do with who "owns" it, but rather who is able to join the room. The creator of the room owns the room until he closes the room or hands ownership to another (yes, you can set that option when you build it). If it were a public lobby by your definition it would never close, but yet when everyone leaves it does close.

Ramshackle
14-10-2015, 23:43
Gotcha

I can't understand why you'd have a problem with people being able to manage the lobbies they're hosting as they see fit. You talk like people are going to be drunk on the power and act like tyrants. I've played racing games before where hosts have the ability to kick and there's never an issue unless there's an idiot in the lobby who's getting on everyones nerves. There's always the odd time you get kicked out of a lobby for no apparent reason, but there's plenty of other lobbies to join and it doesn't happen often enough for it to be a concern.

Charger
15-10-2015, 02:07
So how do paid public / open dedicated servers come into your equation? We have a paid for controlled kick and ban DS and can close it or leave it open for good racers to join, if bad racers join we kick them, we pay for it and it is our choice, we could close the DS but what would be the point as we will just be racing ourselves, we like to invite good racers in as everyone should be able to prove themselves, if we get enough people we would close the server to private.

You are on PS4 and don't understand the PC side of things me thinks, we have all options but if someone joins who is a tool they are going to get kicked whichever it be, private or public, we pay for it, suck it up buttercup :D

Oh and another thing if you host a public server on any platform via your console or PC it will be a peer to peer server which means all connections to the players directly connect to you, so if that is the case and you pay for your electric and internet etc I think you have the privilege to dictate how the server runs!

gotdirt410sprintcar
15-10-2015, 02:23
All we need is a kick for 24 hours ps4, Xbone pc is different more open for things. But vote to kick has got to go

F1_Racer68
15-10-2015, 03:12
All the major games on PSN support it already. Gran Turismo, Call of Duty, Destiny, etc. If you host a lobby you have the ability to kick troublemakers. The kick also prevents them from rejoining that specific lobby. If you block a specific player form contacting you on PSN, that player is also blocked form joining any lobby you are in.

I've asked it before and I will ask it again. This game is incredibly integrated with Steam. Steam has a block function on my friends list. Why can this game not make use of the Steam system to give us the same capabilities I have mentioned above from PSN? I don't know the specifics, but I am told that the X Box Live service offers similar capabilities.

Charger
15-10-2015, 03:17
It's not like we are trying to be gods and ban people from ever joining a game again, it's just a temp ban so we can enjoy the game unimpeded for an amount of time with like minded people who enjoy the game the way we do.

If the likes of Amik want to do their lobbies in a demo style then let them be, they would have the same tools that we could have to kick the people that don't want to do their style of racing, it works both ways :D

Umer Ahmad
15-10-2015, 03:39
Host kick is on the way guys, i'm confident about it. Lets see if they can deliver in patch6.

Charger
15-10-2015, 03:57
I guess I should know that you deserve power over us, even if you do have to use The public to fill your private party needs.
Get over yourself.

For the record. There's a reason no one joins and you can't get a private going.
Yes you have the right to use them, not rule them, because you can't carry a private yourself.

And if you took the role of host seriously. You wouldn't want it as bad, cause you never get to race as much. Always been my experience. You have to quit sessions to verify who needs to go etc. it's lame and you can't do it right if your trying to compete, instead of host.

I consider myself a good and fair host, but I hate doing it cause it's hard to make everyone happy. The only people who relish host are those who want to abuse it.

I guess you haven't met Amik? Well let him get onto your platform PS4 and then come back and readjust your point of view, you two may hit it off :D

Veevee
15-10-2015, 07:58
Was just in a lobby with an Amik clone called Twista!

Sat at the finish line like it was AFK, then on the last lap it destroyed a good race by ramming me off on the straight and in turn 1 and 2 on Road America.

Reported to steam, but wanted to warn fellow racers out there.

Gravit8
15-10-2015, 10:47
No. You are missing the point.

Its got nothing to do with having kings privileges, or being superior to anyone else, or having a power trip.

Its got everything to do with being able to remove dirty/troublesome people from the lobby. In order to have a good clean race. Thats all. The current system is not working.

The ONLY reason I can think of, why anyone would be against host kick power, is because they fear being kicked. If your clean, what's there to worry about? If you get kicked from lobby [A] join [B], [C] or [D] etc. Its not like you would be kicked offline.

People kick all the time just to win if you give them the opportunity.
I've seen many lobby's turn into a war between groups of 2-3 with voting. That's how people roll.
It's you and your friends against........Someone else and their friends.
Or some lone wolfs. But I know the lone wolf breed is the smallest group by far. Believe me. That's how I role. And learn.

And if people can't out drive you. They will fabricate a reason with they're group to kick you.
Or just do it if it's no vote.

If you've never been kicked for beating someone in a racing sim
You either don't win much or have not been trolling the lobby's fishing long.

Why should what the group thinks be irrelevant?
I'm not against host kick per say. I'm more a vote to kick.
I've seen it all.

Gravit8
15-10-2015, 10:59
It's you that doesn't understand the basic difference. Who opened the room? You did. Therefore it is designed from the start around your rules. You are creating it for others to join. You have opened the doors to the public to allow anyone that is looking for that style of race to join, but it is NOT the public's room, it is your room.

The use of PRIVATE and PUBLIC when creating the lobbies has nothing to do with who "owns" it, but rather who is able to join the room. The creator of the room owns the room until he closes the room or hands ownership to another (yes, you can set that option when you build it). If it were a public lobby by your definition it would never close, but yet when everyone leaves it does close.

I get what your saying in large part. Some form of policing is necessary.
I prefer it be done by the group is all.
The potential for abuse by 1 out has to be out weighed by the fact that several have to agree. If three rammers take over your lobby. They are larger than you and have won. Move on.
That's how it's been forever. Battle for public lobbies Is common. The minority in the room have to move. Big deal.
This is about a larger picture. You or I may not abuse it. But some will and can if you give them the opportunity. Hopefully you see what I mean.
That's all.

Mike Laskey
15-10-2015, 11:01
We're going to add the public lobby host kick guys. The way it'll likely work is that kicked players won't be able to rejoin during the lifetime of the host multiplayer game. The voting system will run alongside this, but we'll reduce the vote % requirement, so if the host is busy, non-hosts can still perform this function (in public lobbies). Target will be patch 6.

Charger
15-10-2015, 11:19
We're going to add the public lobby host kick guys. The way it'll likely work is that kicked players won't be able to rejoin during the lifetime of the host multiplayer game. The voting system will run alongside this, but we'll reduce the vote % requirement, so if the host is busy, non-hosts can still perform this function (in public lobbies). Target will be patch 6.

Excellent news :D

VBR
15-10-2015, 11:50

That's great news Mike! Cheers!

Any chance of the other fundamental options I mentioned in post 42 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers/page5) making their way into the game as well?

Charger
15-10-2015, 12:02
That's great news Mike! Cheers!

Any chance of the other fundamental options I mentioned in post 42 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers/page5) making their way into the game as well?

It's funny you want text chat on the PS4 as we on the PC would prefer voice chat or both for that matter.

How would you type on the PS4 though?

MABlosfeld
15-10-2015, 12:37

maybe use the pilot's reputation to automatically filter out unwanted is the most democraticao solution
great job, thank you

JohnSchoonsBeard
15-10-2015, 13:23
It's funny you want text chat on the PS4 as we on the PC would prefer voice chat or both for that matter.

Using the keyboards we've all bought due to Project Cars supporting them. The PS4 also supports text chat entry with a ds4 (as did the ps3/ds3).

Personally I would find voice chat quality options of greater use. On ps4 the in game chat is not clear enough but party chat (much better) on psn only supports 8 players. I'd find in lobby audio chat at a selectable level of audio quality the most important option.

Both options are required to run a lobby efficiently though.

Mike Laskey
15-10-2015, 13:23

As with the lobby naming on consoles, we're looking at how we can bring that those items to Phoenix. The PS4 accepts a standard USB keyboard, or you can buy those 3rd party mini-keyboards that plug into your controller (though I've never tried one). But the issue our side is that it's quite a bit of non-trivial work (which equates to risk) with regard to decoupling some shared voip/chat elements, so in terms of scope it's more a Phoenix thing.

But for the kick/ban, we have most of those mechanisms in place already, so it's a quick win for Aries and also usable moving forward.

JohnSchoonsBeard
15-10-2015, 13:26
As with the lobby naming on consoles, we're looking at how we can bring that those items to Phoenix. The PS4 accepts a standard USB keyboard, or you can buy those 3rd party mini-keyboards that plug into your controller (though I've never tried one). But the issue our side is that it's quite a bit of non-trivial work (which equates to risk) with regard to decoupling some shared voip/chat elements, so in terms of scope it's more a Phoenix thing.

But for the kick/ban, we have most of those mechanisms in place already, so it's a quick win for Aries and also usable moving forward.

Beat you to it ;)

As above, is there any chance of voice quality options for lobby setup?

F1_Racer68
15-10-2015, 14:27

THANK YOU!! You've just literally made my day.

KkDrummer
15-10-2015, 15:05
I will start polishing my boots!!! :fox:

F2kSel
15-10-2015, 16:40
Can you vote while driving if not it won't work as people are reluctant to abandon their hot lap and vote, most games also time out so it's rare to get someone kicked.
Once a vote is made it should stick for the session not require multiple re-voting.

RTA nOsKiLlS
15-10-2015, 17:09
Can you vote while driving if not it won't work as people are reluctant to abandon their hot lap and vote, most games also time out so it's rare to get someone kicked.
Once a vote is made it should stick for the session not require multiple re-voting.

How would you be able to vote while driving? I don't think that's really required. I'm not down for mapping a vote button to my controller.

It's likely that if you want to vote someone, then your lap is ruined anyway. :)

NBR-TERMINATOR54
15-10-2015, 17:31
When we can kick dirty driver's, as an host, there will be no more pro project car racer's in the future. "Back to gt6". Project car's is the best racing game out there, but way to many ass hole driver's.

NBR-TERMINATOR54
15-10-2015, 17:40
Sorry " Can't "

JohnSchoonsBeard
15-10-2015, 18:42

All it needs is a pop up menu that can be mapped to a button that allows you to enter a pop up menu system while still driving which can be controlled by direction arrows on keyboard or controller. All this could be set while still driving. It could have a few preset phrases along with the option (for hosts) to kick anyone from the room.

Need For Speed Most Wanted and as a better example Game Stock Car Extreme have in play menus. In race menus could work brilliantly in Project Cars. The car could be controlled at the same time.

Schmiggz
16-10-2015, 01:05
I reckon most of the wreckers/rammers are people who bought the game and cant get a handle on how to drive because its not an arcade game, they cant compete because they are too slow or keep crashing so the only 2 options left are sell the game or ruin it for everyone who can drive and compete.

I don't agree. Most of it are kids bored out of they're heads, stoned and in an alternative account that will cause them no drama if it goes banned.
I don't understand when Ian says that he's not sure if host kicking is legal! Hosts have been kicking morons off they're on line rooms since Granturismo 5!

Schmiggz
16-10-2015, 01:33
When you become a regular player, you will end up knowing this guy, this guy and that guy and similar racers tend to get together, tend to look for that particular host. After a while, you start informally creating a sort of a group of semi-regulars, you start knowing them and feel confortable with them and eventually, most of them will end up in your friends list. That's humanity bond history right there. We create groups with people like us.
When one, two or three of those morons get on track in "our room" it doesn't take long until everybody knows who they are, host included! The problem is that in a room of 16 there's always "other people" that although deserving being there they're not core so they don't bother voting or even use hear pieces to hear our cry for voting some idiot out.
I played Granturismo 5 and 6 online for years, I hosted billions of rooms, I kicked out trillions of guys. I never went to jail, to court or had any death threats!!!
Come on people!!! Kicking someone out of a room is not a freaking big deal! Everybody can live over it but for us, clean race enthusiasts, makes a world size difference.

Veevee
16-10-2015, 06:48
Just had another Amik clone run into me and everyone else after lap 1. Dropped a lobby from 17 to 5 racers in under a minute

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089163797/

Reported to steam, now warning fellow racers.

Fong74
16-10-2015, 07:40
Personally I would find voice chat quality options of greater use. On ps4 the in game chat is not clear enough but party chat (much better) on psn only supports 8 players. I'd find in lobby audio chat at a selectable level of audio quality the most important option.

Isnt it 16 since the last PS4-update? I saw that one can invite up to 16 ppl..... Not sure all can chat though.

JohnSchoonsBeard
16-10-2015, 09:53
Isnt it 16 since the last PS4-update? I saw that one can invite up to 16 ppl..... Not sure all can chat though.

I hadn't noticed that. I think you might have been able to invite more than 8 for a while. I think party member limit is still 8 in a session. I didn't see it mentioned in the PS4 3.0 system release notes. Party chat doesn't help so much if people don't have the same settings to prioritise game chat. That's the only way non party players can hear party members and then the chat audio quality reverts to in game quality.

Edit: You can invite 16 at once but parties can still only have 8 in them.

Fong74
16-10-2015, 11:08
I didnt know about the reverting behaviour as we all have the default set there I guess, which has priority on PSN-chat afaik.

But I am pretty sure I saw x/16 on screen when inviting ppl into a PSN-chat-lobby some days ago. We were only 8 unfortunately, so I cant tell if more works.

Bruusie
16-10-2015, 13:18
AMIK Quote: If you read the list carefully as well as my previous statements at the forums, you will realise im not doing anything wrong. I did nothing that interferes With the ability of other users to enjoin playing the game according to it's rules. Neither have I "attempted to use disruptive Methods in an attempt to disturb other users". As i have stated earlier, we simply have completely different ideas of how to play the game and how to achieve victory.

The thing is Amik is that you clearly understand that your actions are contrary to the vision of how this game was intended to be played and marketed and the expectations of those investing in the game. Your actions clearly devalue the game in terms of it's credibility. Your argument of 'well I just play the game like that because I can' does not really hold up. If I was SMS I think I would be actively looking for you for systematically and effectively damaging their business model...even smacks of commercial sabotage.

I suppose on the positive side you are helping to expedite the implementation of banning options...It's just a matter of time I guess.

MABlosfeld
16-10-2015, 14:20
For them it's fun DESTROY RACING people, this is how they play.

WarHamster
16-10-2015, 18:30
Usually i'm to find somewhere in the upper middle field but last night, i joined a MP game just shortly before the race start. So i didnt get to do a qualifying lap and started at the back of the grid.
In the first turn, one guy who also started at the back of the grid drove into somebody elses back so hard with full speed and on purpose so that the car of the other guy made a backflip!
Ppl like that should be banned or at least get flagged somehow so that other serious and fair driver can avoid them!

Vittorio Rapa
16-10-2015, 18:49
Don't confuse "ramming" with "harassing" ... in-game contacts are part of the race (in real life they are handled by humans, not by PC, for a reason: you need to exactly see what happened and take the appropriate punishment, if there's something to punish, something that is already being done in the private servers, in a public server is something trivial, that's why we are introducing the "kick/ban" command for the public server admin as well). However what this specific player is doing goes beyond the acceptable gaming behavior, and can be configured under a EULA violation (I found him on online server while playing myself, so I perfectly understand what you are talking about... and you say devs doesn't play :) ), for this reason he will be banned from the online, it takes some time because the dev-bans (for a steamwork title) is different than a traditional server ban.

NBR-TERMINATOR54
17-10-2015, 03:42
Last night , I played project cars Online. There is that guy, crossing the racetrack back and force. Hitting other driver's and laughed his ass off. "It was no kid". A stupid, useless person. "Adult". When there is no change, pretty soon, there will be no player's left on p cars. Good game wasted, because of few dummmmm People.

Krus Control
19-10-2015, 00:36
Amik is still running free. Had him ruin another race tonight. I thought he was banned. How is Amik still not banned? And we can't kick him. If Amik wants to target you there is no chance of having fun in public lobbies. This really does get me mad at SMS. A host kick function is not a complex thing to implement. The fact that it is not there is absurd. Amik isn't the real problem. The problem is the inability to do anything about it. If there was host kick from the beginning Amik would never have started ruining races in PCARS and would be in some other game fulfilling his sadistic desires there. It's the fact that we can't do anything about it that he keeps coming back and comes to the forums. I've never experienced a situation where one player can ruin the public online experience for such a huge chunk of the audience. If you play online on PC, you've had Amik ruin at least one of your races. It's simple. This is just one guy. It's outrageous. Amik will go down in history in the PCARS community. This is something that SMS is enabling by not providing us with the means to kick people like Amik. In a public lobby there is a 0% chance of getting a vote kick. Just ban this guy already. I thought he was banned.

Charger
19-10-2015, 00:54
Amik is still running free. Had him ruin another race tonight. I thought he was banned. How is Amik still not banned? And we can't kick him. If Amik wants to target you there is no chance of having fun in public lobbies. This really does get me mad at SMS. A host kick function is not a complex thing to implement. The fact that it is not there is absurd. Amik isn't the real problem. The problem is the inability to do anything about it. If there was host kick from the beginning Amik would never have started ruining races in PCARS and would be in some other game fulfilling his sadistic desires there. It's the fact that we can't do anything about it that he keeps coming back and comes to the forums. I've never experienced a situation where one player can ruin the public online experience for such a huge chunk of the audience. If you play online on PC, you've had Amik ruin at least one of your races. It's simple. This is just one guy. It's outrageous. Amik will go down in history in the PCARS community. This is something that SMS is enabling by not providing us with the means to kick people like Amik. In a public lobby there is a 0% chance of getting a vote kick. Just ban this guy already. I thought he was banned.

From what I read if there are more reports of him as you have just done he will be banned by SMS through Steam, so good for reporting him, he tries to get into our dedicated server nearly every night but I don't care if I am mid race I instantly go to the server control and ban him, stuffs my race but at least it doesn't stuff anyone else's :)

It was Remco that stated this post #35 http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39817-Amik-Problem&p=1147748#post1147748

Oh and what Vittorio said above, he will be banned but it will take time.

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 01:10
Amik is NOT banned, they cannot really ban him from playing the game online just like that.

Ian intends to bring hostkick to the quite soon, possibly patch6.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers&p=1144015&viewfull=1#post1144015

Amik's online-ruining days are numbered.

For now if you see Amik in your race just exit.

Charger
19-10-2015, 01:15
That's not what Vittorio said above, he said he was being banned as he has broke the terms of the EULA, it is clearly stated in there about impeding other players.

I also just had a look at Amik's Steam profile as he is on my blocked list and found a review he did for the game on Steam, more or less spells it out!!

Copied and pasted.....

Good game, and optimized graphics. However i wish that some of the terrain would be more detailed. Still decent enough to be worth your time.

Would also like to mention, the funniest things about this game.

1: find a hidden spot in the track to park your car
2: wait for the race leaders to appear
3: drive the car into the middle of the road
4: destroy each and one of your opponents' cars until you're the only one left.
5 (optional): tell your team that another oponent is trolling at the hidden spot.
6 (optional): get the mentioned opponent kicked/banned for trolling games.
7: declare yourself as the winner since you are the last person able to finish the race.

-It's important to rememba that graphics are the golden rule about gaming

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 01:27
Well it's perhaps something they're investigating it, i'm nkt sure how lon it would take.

Fact remains he is active and still ruining races. I believe the better weapon against him and his like will be the hostkick function.

Charger
19-10-2015, 01:36
Well it's perhaps something they're investigating it, i'm nkt sure how lon it would take.

Fact remains he is active and still ruining races. I believe the better weapon against him and his like will be the hostkick function.

It is but he will still troll the servers disrupting games for everyone that is not aware of him, it gives the game a bad name and newer players who don't know any better will think it is how online is and probably leave.

Krus Control
19-10-2015, 01:44
I think that with host kick Amik might move on to some other game.

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 01:45
And they will still pursue the perma-online ban strategy as applicable.

Charger
19-10-2015, 01:45
I think that with host kick Amik might move on to some other game.

We can but hope :)

poirqc
19-10-2015, 02:28
...Amik will go down in history in the PCARS community...

That was a good one! Made me chuckle.

Did some do that last report on him, didn't see him today! :)

Charger
19-10-2015, 02:37
That was a good one! Made me chuckle.

Did some do that last report on him, didn't see him today! :)

Maybe he got bored ;)

Veevee
19-10-2015, 06:43
Nope, just had him and slaughternaut ruin a couple races less than 5 minutes ago.

Ian Bell
19-10-2015, 06:45
Nope, just had him and slaughternaut ruin a couple races less than 5 minutes ago.

We're working on a host kick/ban option now guys.

biggbaddwolf
19-10-2015, 07:49
I know it is possible to kick people out of a room, and you can block repeat offenders to prevent them from even coming into your lobbies, because you could do it in Gran Turismo 5 & 6. I used to host a lot of lobbies in Gran Turismo when I had my PS3.

JohnSchoonsBeard
19-10-2015, 09:27

I've submitted a suggestion re in race options that could include kick/vote to kick options.

Regarding kicking please could it be done alongside easier identification of other drivers? Identifying culprits can be haphazard due to the way drivers' names are displayed in races. As it is the driver name is only legible for a short amount of time. The sort of drivers who need kicking aren't necessarily visible for long as they've punted you off from behind or are circling your car trying to harrass you.

An additional feature of the pop up menu system I've outlined in the new features section could be a "report to host" and/or "vote to kick" that would then be seen onscreen with the name/ID of the culprit other drivers are reporting. This would allow dirty drivers to be quickly identified and booted without a host having to leave the race or wait until the end.

That allied with improved messaging, voice quality, room naming and implementation of the reputation system would make for a robust checking system for those who want to drive cleanly.

I have no problem if dirty drivers want to play "dirty driving" with the quality of physics on offer in the game. Some lower level racing disciplines encourage it after all. Just let us weed out/minimise that element from clean rooms in advance and while racing please.

Sorry for a similar post to my other one at the feature suggestion below
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40917-Pop-up-menu-while-retaining-driving-control-(multi-use)

FLX81
19-10-2015, 13:13

That cant come soon enough: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/online-reputation.336540/#post-11038348

Had one of my worst, most infuriating races in any racing game ever tonight. LMP2s at Road America.

Two people teamed up in qualifying to make sure that no one was able to set a lap, then the same two people plowed straight into the back of EVERYONE into turn 1. 6 or so drivers retired with terminal damage/left the lobby straight away. The remaining people, myself included. Limped round, all but one of us pitted for repairs... guess what was waiting for us on the straight going into turn 3... that caused another ridiculous pile up. More people left the lobby, a couple of people got DSQ for going the "wrong way around the track" when trying to rejoin whilst being forcibly prevented ... And then the two individuals responsible for the stupidity decided to prevent anyone from being able to pit (as best they could) by pulling up on the inside of anyone trying to enter pit road and turning left.

To top it off, after all this nonsense. Once the "race" had actually finished. 1st and 2nd left the lobby straight after crossing the line, which promoted the idiots to 1st and 2nd.

They actually won.

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I've had races in the old Carmageddon games with less contact.

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 13:29
I know it is possible to kick people out of a room, and you can block repeat offenders to prevent them from even coming into your lobbies, because you could do it in Gran Turismo 5 & 6. I used to host a lot of lobbies in Gran Turismo when I had my PS3.
BTW, project cars ALREADY has this kick function. The problem is that it requires many people to vte out the offender and for some reason people do not like to vote. Maybe they do not know it exists?

1. In race lobby click a playe name
2. Click Vote to Kick

If many people (6?) do this the guy will be removed.

The new function Ian mentions will allow the lobby Host to do his with his single vote.

Krus Control
19-10-2015, 13:38
BTW, project cars ALREADY has this kick function.

I've never once seen a lobby of more than 3 people successfully use the vote kick. Yesterday I was in a game with Amik and everybody but one person voted. Amik did not get kicked. Race was ruined. Vote kick is so useless it's silly.

Krus Control
19-10-2015, 13:39
Basically there is no kick function ATM.

Mike Laskey
19-10-2015, 16:15

And it's checked in as of now ready for the next title update. Kick from the host will remove the target player, and disallow rejoin for the lifetime of the multiplayer session.

Krus Control
19-10-2015, 16:27
Thank god. Can't come soon enough.

poirqc
19-10-2015, 16:31
And it's checked in as of now ready for the next title update. Kick from the host will remove the target player, and disallow rejoin for the lifetime of the multiplayer session.

Seems like it'll work!

Amik was usefull after all, a proper kick fonction will be implemented after all. With that said, i don't think i never saw anyone else doing it so much it would warrant a kick.

Amik... He should go to Canada's worst driver! :D

Edit - I vote for a new slang:

I got wrecked --> I got Amiked!

BullWinkle
19-10-2015, 16:33

Bruusie
19-10-2015, 17:20
Quote: Amik was usefull after all, a proper kick fonction will be implemented after all. With that said, i don't think i never saw anyone else doing it so much it would warrant a kick.

BP is a well known rammer and disrupter of races.

I do find it hard to believe that SMS have tolerated this abuse of the game for so long. Why invest in so much in marketing and development and continually allow a few to persistently sabotage the multiplayer element. If PCars was my creation I feel I would be far more protective.

Krus Control
19-10-2015, 17:47
I have to say. Though it appears we are near the end of this, Amik's reign of terror will live in infamy in the PCARS community. I've never been in a situation where one player had so much power to destroy online play. And I will bash SMS for this. They created a system where this type of player can thrive like never before and the good hearted players are completely helpless and vulnerable at any time during online play. Host kick will be nice but emotional damage has certainly been done.

mister dog
19-10-2015, 18:12
but emotional damage has certainly been done.

Have a tissue :)

http://theexpiredmeter.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/kleenex.jpg

Charger
19-10-2015, 18:23
I have to say. Though it appears we are near the end of this, Amik's reign of terror will live in infamy in the PCARS community. I've never been in a situation where one player had so much power to destroy online play. And I will bash SMS for this. They created a system where this type of player can thrive like never before and the good hearted players are completely helpless and vulnerable at any time during online play. Host kick will be nice but emotional damage has certainly been done.

Honestly don't give him any status as that is what he wants he thrives on it, there will be others, there always are, they will come and go but now the kick/ban button is coming it will be a short lived thrill, they will go elsewhere to get their twisted kicks, maybe when they reach maturity and have kids of their own that are doing it they may be reminded of how foolish they were and try and set an example.

Thing is with kids with attention disorders is that any attention be it good or bad is attention none the less and they are being noticed for it which is what they want, I see it daily, kids pulling on their parents for attention and when their parents ignore them they turn into little devils and that's when the parents give them attention to shut them up, what does that say to the child?

RTA nOsKiLlS
19-10-2015, 18:26

Great news.

Thankyou.

Montana.BE
19-10-2015, 21:22
I've never once seen a lobby of more than 3 people successfully use the vote kick. Yesterday I was in a game with Amik and everybody but one person voted. Amik did not get kicked. Race was ruined. Vote kick is so useless it's silly.

This Amik guy is quite some figure

Umer Ahmad
19-10-2015, 21:46
What if Amik.....was really Ian? And Ian was long shares of MSFT?

<mindblown>

stangnutlx
19-10-2015, 22:06
What if Amik.....was really Ian? And Ian was long shares of MSFT?

<mindblown>

and the tears of laughter that descend from his face are wiped away with $100 bills.. lol

blackduckrun
20-10-2015, 01:21
BTW, project cars ALREADY has this kick function. The problem is that it requires many people to vte out the offender and for some reason people do not like to vote. Maybe they do not know it exists?

1. In race lobby click a playe name
2. Click Vote to Kick

If many people (6?) do this the guy will be removed.

The new function Ian mentions will allow the lobby Host to do his with his single vote.

I've seen one wrecker successfully kicked. But he was able to rejoin immediately. We kicked him again soon after and once again he was able to rejoin immediately. I haven't bothered to vote since then. Well, except for tonight, when hopefully Canada will give it's political wrecker a permanent ban in tonight's federal election. Looking forward to the next update.

tomtalk24
20-10-2015, 01:34

Its more likely due to going out of what could be a good lap, to then vote for what could be pot luck of having an effect, the then come back with cold tires and a lap to do to start the stopwatch.

Its fantastic to see this is being sorted. Good work WMD community and SMS. Will be nice to race again with a, a clear racing line and b, the server not running down to barely any players every time someone starts titting about.

Would be nice to see the next host in line when the current one leaves to be the longest on or most laps done. Amik (and others) have claimed host in some races I've been on for an hour before.

MABlosfeld
21-10-2015, 01:08
Amik is a problem for the community it does not know to follow rules, his behavior is childish and offensive, I denounced the STEAM not know how to respect the rules of the game and its bad sports conduct.
We try to kick AMIK but can not because you need 100% of the vote an almost impossible task.

Krus Control
21-10-2015, 03:29
What tends to happen is you'll get close to 100% but people join mid way. Then you have to convince these new people to kick Amik and they might not be having any of it. Also Amik will be typing "plz no" or something along those lines. Amik has lots of practice now. He knows it's tough to rally a vote. It's the flaws in the system that keep him coming back. It's us being completely helpless that fuels him. You could just play offline or TT until host kick patch comes (should be next patch). I think Amik's days are over once host kick is implemented.

F1_Racer68
21-10-2015, 23:32
What tends to happen is you'll get close to 100% but people join mid way. Then you have to convince these new people to kick Amik and they might not be having any of it. Also Amik will be typing "plz no" or something along those lines. Amik has lots of practice now. He knows it's tough to rally a vote. It's the flaws in the system that keep him coming back. It's us being completely helpless that fuels him. You could just play offline or TT until host kick patch comes (should be next patch). I think Amik's days are over once host kick is implemented.

Add to that that he has several cronies that follow him around who will obviously never vote against him. We all know who they are too so I will not name names here. I have reported Amik and several others of his "gang" to Steam already for "Harassment". This is what it boils down to. Hopefully if enough other members do the same it will help the cause.

Schadows
22-10-2015, 09:21
kick/ban and vote option are good workaround, but it's still very hard to act (kick/vote) based on something you didn't see for yourself.
Not talking about those guys who are waiting for you on the side of the track, trying to ruin everyone race, but talking about those people who are not playing it very seriously, using the opponents to slow down or even turn, etc.

Implementing a rating system (kind of what iRacing has) would be too much work for pcars1 now, but I hope the team will think about it for the next iteration, with the possibility to restrict the session to peopl have good rating.

optimalspieler
22-10-2015, 15:44
Alongside host kick it would be nice if you could become the host mid-session (e.g. by typing '/password supersecret' or by entering an admin steam id when creating the server).

Example:
You run a dedicated server and join after some people are already racing.

Now, if you want to kick someone from your own server, you need to either initiate a vote or RDP to your remote server and kick that person using the web console.

If it was possible to become the host on-the-fly, then this would be much easier.

NutsMammoth
24-10-2015, 16:58

http://media.giphy.com/media/jx5MJyZqAFsLS/giphy.gif

Bruusie
24-10-2015, 17:26
kick/ban and vote option are good workaround, but it's still very hard to act (kick/vote) based on something you didn't see for yourself.
Not talking about those guys who are waiting for you on the side of the track, trying to ruin everyone race, but talking about those people who are not playing it very seriously, using the opponents to slow down or even turn, etc.

Implementing a rating system (kind of what iRacing has) would be too much work for pcars1 now, but I hope the team will think about it for the next iteration, with the possibility to restrict the session to peopl have good rating.

Yes, but if the host does witness ramming there's fluff all he or she can do about it in the public races.

TurboNoob
24-10-2015, 18:27
hostkick, hostkick...i can join session, ram all, quit, change name of steam profile, join again, isn't it ?
Only the driver profile (with reputation) and some filters in session settings can help to avoid wasting time in a bad race.
Online driver profile - stimulate interest in the game, and stimulate safe driving, cause racers with bad reputation can`t connect to some sessions.

cluck
24-10-2015, 18:30
So you see yourself as being on some kind of moral crusade to implement a feature you want and, whilst it isn't there, ruin hundreds of other people's enjoyment? Your sense of entitlement is quite frightening. If the feature doesn't exist, play something else and leave the rest of us to enjoy the game as it is.

TurboNoob
24-10-2015, 18:53
So you see yourself as being on some kind of moral crusade to implement a feature you want and, whilst it isn't there, ruin hundreds of other people's enjoyment? Your sense of entitlement is quite frightening. If the feature doesn't exist, play something else and leave the rest of us to enjoy the game as it is.

No, i dont want play something else. I waiting this game 4 years, watched video on youtube. I bought this game, and in result i have tonn of bugs, from "unhandled exeption trapped" to last bug - only 2 servers in online list. And unplayable online with worst netcode. Someone need work better.

cluck
24-10-2015, 19:40
So let me get this straight. You've bought the game, are frustrated by some problems and have decided to take out those frustrations on hundreds of other people that also bought the game? Absolutely unbelievable.

F1_Racer68
24-10-2015, 19:51
hostkick, hostkick...i can join session, ram all, quit, change name of steam profile, join again, isn't it ?
Only the driver profile (with reputation) and some filters in session settings can help to avoid wasting time in a bad race.
Online driver profile - stimulate interest in the game, and stimulate safe driving, cause racers with bad reputation can`t connect to some sessions.

The game is purchased under a single Steam ID. Unless someone has bought multiple copies of the game under several different Steam accounts this is impossible to do. Changing your Steam name, does not change the numerical ID that identifies your account. In the end, I'm pretty sure it is the numerical account ID that is being blocked, so no matter how many aliases you use on your account you will still not be able to rejoin the lobby once you are kicked.

Krus Control
24-10-2015, 20:01
Yeah even if say Amik masqueraded around with another name he would het kicked and stay kicked just the same.

TurboNoob
24-10-2015, 20:11
So let me get this straight. You've bought the game, are frustrated by some problems and have decided to take out those frustrations on hundreds of other people that also bought the game? Absolutely unbelievable.

Absolutely right. In the beginning, my race often end in the first minute, because here are no any penalties for the collision. But this is not arcade. I need spend time on practice, qualification to start the race, and this race ended in first corner. That's horrible. Better i start destruction, then other destruct me. Hundreds of other people must post here about horrible multipleer, devs must do something. But i think too late. Many people leave this "simulator".
Even poor arcade "grid autosport" has some ranking, and rammers have red dot and can`t join some session.

The game is purchased under a single Steam ID. Unless someone has bought multiple copies of the game under several different Steam accounts this is impossible to do. Changing your Steam name, does not change the numerical ID that identifies your account. In the end, I'm pretty sure it is the numerical account ID that is being blocked, so no matter how many aliases you use on your account you will still not be able to rejoin the lobby once you are kicked.

I know about steam id. I speak not about this. How you can find my steam id, if after crash in first corner (for example), i leave session and join another session ? Or rejoin with another nickname ?

This text copyrighted by "Google translate"

cluck
24-10-2015, 21:26
Absolutely right. In the beginning, my race often end in the first minute, because here are no any penalties for the collision. But this is not arcade. I need spend time on practice, qualification to start the race, and this race ended in first corner. That's horrible. Better i start destruction, then other destruct me. Hundreds of other people must post here about horrible multipleer, devs must do something. But i think too late. Many people leave this "simulator".
Even poor arcade "grid autosport" has some ranking, and rammers have red dot and can`t join some session.I am utterly lost for words. I have never, not once, even had the thought to go about ruining hundreds of other people's enjoyment of something just because I got a little upset over a game. At the risk of earning an infraction, your sociopathic behaviour leads me to wonder if you should play computer games with other people at all.

EDIT : To save anybody the trouble, I've reported myself to the mods.

F1_Racer68
24-10-2015, 21:27
Even poor arcade "grid autosport" has some ranking, and rammers have red dot and can`t join some session.

I know about steam id. I speak not about this. How you can find my steam id, if after crash in first corner (for example), i leave session and join another session ? Or rejoin with another nickname ?

1.) "i leave session and join another session ?" - Honestly, I don't care. You aren't my problem anymore.

2.) "Or rejoin with another nickname ?" - As I said, not possible if you have been kicked. The nickname is not what has been kicked/blocked. The Steam ID has been. Therefore, it doesn't matter what name you change to, the Steam ID is blocked from rejoining my room.

blackduckrun
24-10-2015, 22:00
It would be great if the game could do a three strikes your out sort of thing for lobbies you create. So if you've kicked someone 3 times (or however many times you like), the game would just add that player to a local blacklist file on your computer and reference this file whenever you make a lobby. This would help a lot with preventing the campers from smurfing their way back into your lobbies night after night. And you wouldn't even have to know it was the same person as the night before because the game could know from the Steam ID.

Amik
24-10-2015, 22:28
Add to that that he has several cronies that follow him around who will obviously never vote against him. We all know who they are too so I will not name names here. I have reported Amik and several others of his "gang" to Steam already for "Harassment". This is what it boils down to. Hopefully if enough other members do the same it will help the cause.

lool, they are my friends. Not cronies:/ And we are not harassing anyone, we are playing the game.

Amik
24-10-2015, 22:31

That is true my friend. It would also be easy for anyone to use that to troll or bully People (like kicking everyone thats in front of them to get first Place). I think that the game is really good now as it is. There are a few smaller bugs here and there but that should be expected for any game really.

blackduckrun
24-10-2015, 22:51
That is true my friend. It would also be easy for anyone to use that to troll or bully People (like kicking everyone thats in front of them to get first Place). I think that the game is really good now as it is. There are a few smaller bugs here and there but that should be expected for any game really.

Getting some ideas are you? This might be how you would choose to use this function, but - and I know it is probably hard for you to see things from another's viewpoint - most people don't roll that way.

Amik
24-10-2015, 23:01
Getting some ideas are you? This might be how you would choose to use this function, but - and I know it is probably hard for you to see things from another's viewpoint - most people don't roll that way.

I wasn't speaking for myself though. I just see the possibility for trolls to use the functionality that way. The problem adding to this is that the lobbies have host migration when the host gets a low ping. And the host migration is really a neccesary functionality considering that net instabilities are common.

blackduckrun
25-10-2015, 00:43
I wasn't speaking for myself though. I just see the possibility for trolls to use the functionality that way. The problem adding to this is that the lobbies have host migration when the host gets a low ping. And the host migration is really a neccesary functionality considering that net instabilities are common.

The possibility that trolls will use the functionality that way, or the reality that trolls like yourself are in fact using the current functionality, or lack thereof, to ruin races in their own sad way. Hmm, I'll take the former thanks. It's much easier to avoid a wank host than to have some dud sneak into qualy in last few minutes and screw up a good race.

Charger
25-10-2015, 03:26

In a Dedi server your Steam ID number is clearly seen by us, once you are kicked you are gone regardless of name, don't think changing your Steam nickname will help because it won't, bye bye noob!

TurboNoob
25-10-2015, 05:45
In a Dedi server your Steam ID number is clearly seen by us, once you are kicked you are gone regardless of name, don't think changing your Steam nickname will help because it won't, bye bye noob!

Omg, you're very smart ! You found a solution to the problem. How will I live without your session ?

Schadows
25-10-2015, 11:05
Yes, but if the host does witness ramming there's fluff all he or she can do about it in the public races.Of course, if the host is a witness, there is no discussion whatsoever.
The fact is, I first experienced that kind of voting system with the first GRID demo and while I though it was cool, I realized that sometimes, people were voting against someone but since I was racing ahead of them I never saw what happened, and didn't vote.
And the same happened to me when I the guy against who I was racing was constantly using me to slow down and turn, but when I suggested a vote, only the guy behind me followed my lead, having seen it all.

That's why I'm not very confident in a voting system (but it is the bare minimum), and tends to race in private/league lobbies since a few years.

As I said, a rating system so late would be tremendous work (judjing incident is already hard enough when a human take that role, so imagine an AI) so I don't expect it to come for pcars 1. I just wish the team and the guys taking part in pcars 2 will raise this early enough.

iamthenight
25-10-2015, 15:10
You can play under multiple unique steam id easy, and i will tell you how. Make new account and use family sharing library feature of steam, now you got a brand new game for ur new account.

Neil Bateman
25-10-2015, 16:24
You can play under multiple unique steam id easy, and i will tell you how. Make new account and use family sharing library feature of steam, now you got a brand new game for ur new account.

Not if its on the same device you cant.

iamthenight
25-10-2015, 16:34
Not if its on the same device you cant.

yes you can i have my secondary account on which i play exclusively online and main account only career, on the same device.

Neil Bateman
25-10-2015, 16:37
yes you can i have my secondary account on which i play exclusively online and main account only career, on the same device.

If your account gets suspended on one device nobody else can access that game on that device and play it, regardless of which device you use to try and access it.

If you get kicked is the steam account id not recognised by device?

iamthenight
25-10-2015, 16:39
i dont get you they cannot suspend your steam account or restrict you for playing the game if you ram on purpose.

Bruusie
25-10-2015, 16:43
Of course, if the host is a witness, there is no discussion whatsoever.
The fact is, I first experienced that kind of voting system with the first GRID demo and while I though it was cool, I realized that sometimes, people were voting against someone but since I was racing ahead of them I never saw what happened, and didn't vote.
And the same happened to me when I the guy against who I was racing was constantly using me to slow down and turn, but when I suggested a vote, only the guy behind me followed my lead, having seen it all.

That's why I'm not very confident in a voting system (but it is the bare minimum), and tends to race in private/league lobbies since a few years.

As I said, a rating system so late would be tremendous work (judjing incident is already hard enough when a human take that role, so imagine an AI) so I don't expect it to come for pcars 1. I just wish the team and the guys taking part in pcars 2 will raise this early enough.

The contact penalty system worked well in TOCA..it could be adjusted in severity by the host and made for much cleaner racing.

Charger
25-10-2015, 17:01

Makes me wonder why you do that? I can guess but if you think that getting banned with the online account on family sharing won't ban your offline account you are seriously mistaken.

From the Steam Family Sharing site....

Will I be punished for any cheating or fraud conducted by other users while playing my games?

Your Family Library Sharing privileges may be revoked and your account may also be VAC banned if your library is used by others to conduct cheating or fraud. Additionally, VAC-banned games cannot be shared. We recommend you only authorize familiar computers you know to be secure. And as always, never give your password to anyone.

iamthenight
25-10-2015, 17:35
Makes me wonder why you do that? I can guess but if you think that getting banned with the online account on family sharing won't ban your offline account you are seriously mistaken.

From the Steam Family Sharing site....

Will I be punished for any cheating or fraud conducted by other users while playing my games?

Your Family Library Sharing privileges may be revoked and your account may also be VAC banned if your library is used by others to conduct cheating or fraud. Additionally, VAC-banned games cannot be shared. We recommend you only authorize familiar computers you know to be secure. And as always, never give your password to anyone.

As i said i don't know how they can VAC ban for something you did inside an online races since u aren't using scripts, cheats or smth else.

Charger
25-10-2015, 17:37
As i said i don't know how they can VAC ban for something you did inside an online races since u aren't using scripts, cheats or smth else.

Have you read the EULA?

iamthenight
25-10-2015, 17:41
Have you read the EULA?

Dude if you believe anything that eula says then good luck, no wonder they try ti implement host kick function since banning users is a dead end.

KANETAKER
25-10-2015, 20:55
Dude if you believe anything that eula says then good luck, no wonder they try ti implement host kick function since banning users is a dead end.

By his way of comment, that user must be a friend of "Amik" and his band... (I suppose)

SJHooch
27-10-2015, 07:07
Is there a procedure for eliminating trolls from public sessions in pCARS? By trolls I mean the people who join a public session purely to interfere with others enjoying the game, i.e. blocking the track, intentionally ramming, and in no way, shape or form trying to drive in any sort of competent manner. And I DO NOT mean new participants who are learning the game, cars, or track. I mean the people who intentionally search out cars to run off the track, then immaturely berate anyone who dares complain. And I do have a specific person in mind for anyone in charge to monitor, so you can see just what I'm talking about.

I realize a host can password a session but that is not the point of meeting and racing with like-minded people. And, yes, one can call a vote to kick a given driver but others must leave the track to vote, and even then, many don't vote because they haven't been offended by this person -- YET.

Is there a way for the host to ban this(these) ill-intentioned people from their room? Or is there a way to report these individuals and have them reviewed and/or give them a refund and tell them to piss-off?

I have seen these people empty entire sessions (many per night at times). And that is not good for ongoing participation OR future sales!

I look forward to any replies.

PvtStash
27-10-2015, 07:12
Seconded.

Bealdor
27-10-2015, 07:14
Threads merged.

Host kick is coming soon: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers&p=1151966&viewfull=1#post1151966

Vittorio Rapa
27-10-2015, 09:46

VAC ban is placed at developer discretion (Valve only provides the tools, they doesn't make the decision), no other parts are involved.
We can ban people for EULA infringement.
With the (public) host/kick ban most of the issues will be solved, however the above sentence remains true: we still have the right to ban the users when they break the ToS.

For your knowing the EULA is a serious matter, no matter if you skip-read it, everything is written in the EULA is absolutely "true", it's an agreement you're accepting in the moment you decide to use a product.

poirqc
27-10-2015, 10:10
...For your knowing the EULA is a serious matter...

I know it's been mentionned our friend Amik is close to a ban.

Will this go thru?

I mean, we can all agree he earned the top spot there. I think there enough report of it already.

Vittorio Rapa
27-10-2015, 11:21
...For your knowing the EULA is a serious matter...

I know it's been mentionned our friend Amik is close to a ban.

Will this go thru?

I mean, we can all agree he earned the top spot there. I think there enough report of it already.

We are working to ban him yes, we never used a such drastic measure before: we had Valve to activate our account to place "VAC bans" (it would be more appropriate to call them "Developer bans"), so it requires some time. Once the system is in place, it will be much smoother.. but I honestly hope that this will be our first and last ban, with the host-ban coming from the next patch, the "simple" rammers/wreckers can be kicked (without a possibility to rejoin) directly by the server hoster.
We can't (and we won't) apply a racing policy, so do not expect us to attend any racing dispute because of a odd driving behavior, Amik was/is a special case, since he reached that point where is behavior turned into a sort of harassment, while in most cases a server kick/ban is more than enough.

poirqc
27-10-2015, 13:00
We are working to ban him yes, we never used a such drastic measure before: we had Valve to activate our account to place "VAC bans" (it would be more appropriate to call them "Developer bans"), so it requires some time. Once the system is in place, it will be much smoother.. but I honestly hope that this will be our first and last ban, with the host-ban coming from the next patch, the "simple" rammers/wreckers can be kicked (without a possibility to rejoin) directly by the server hoster.
We can't (and we won't) apply a racing policy, so do not expect us to attend any racing dispute because of a odd driving behavior, Amik was/is a special case, since he reached that point where is behavior turned into a sort of harassment, while in most cases a server kick/ban is more than enough.

Sound answer.

Thank you. Seems Amik got amiked!

DisagioAbbestia
27-10-2015, 13:13
First 2 races of this afternoon, both on Spa, real damage, PS4:
First race, 3 scientists stuck on Eau Rouge creating a barrier IN QUALIFICATIONS. I hit them, car destroyed, leave the race.
2nd race, 1 neurosurgeon stuck on Eau Rouge in second lap. I hit him, car destroyed, leave the race.

The months pass and it gets more fun.

MABlosfeld
27-10-2015, 13:18

I believe in SMS, great job

MABlosfeld
27-10-2015, 13:44
may have signs along the way informing Amik and friends about the rules of the game.220918

Scott Coffey
27-10-2015, 14:28

BP and Spindizzy are just as bad. Exactly the same MO.

F1_Racer68
27-10-2015, 15:01
BP and Spindizzy are just as bad. Exactly the same MO.

EDIT: Removed first 2 sentences of my reply that named names. Frustration got the best of me and I did something I shouldn't and wouldn't normally do. Blatant, repeat offenders continue to ruin the racing for everyone involved. By now I think we all know who they are, so there was no need for me to list them. Apologies to the mods for my initial mistake.

For the record, I do not normally condone "naming and shaming", but in these cases I feel it is absolutely necessary. This is more about warning those of us that want proper racing, of who the known troublemakers are.

All I can say is Patch 6.0 cannot get here fast enough. In all honesty, I am willing to have SMS drop all other patch items just to be sure to get the Host Kick option in the game as soon as possible.

Blind Jesus
27-10-2015, 15:08
BP is also known as CaptainB, and is a "known associate" of Amik's. He also has another known associate that goes by by the alias of "humanitarian", although last night his profile name was a series of ***********

Spindizzy (aka Spindizzy2) is almost a clone of Amik.

For the record, I do not normally condone "naming and shaming", but in these cases I feel it is absolutely necessary. This is more about warning those of us that want proper racing, of who the known troublemakers are.

All I can say is Patch 6.0 cannot get here fast enough. In all honesty, I wam willing to have SMS drop all other patch items just to be sure to get the Host Kick option in the game as soon as possible.

I can vouch for this. BP, Amik, and ***** all run together to ruin races. They also like to counter-accuse other drivers they just crashed to create confusion among people who don't know them. Spindizzy is just as bad, but I've never seen him run with the other three.

BullWinkle
27-10-2015, 15:18
may have signs along the way informing Amik and friends about the rules of the game.220918

Those signs are probably the first things they'll take out.,so you might have 1 lap of good racing.:D

Vittorio Rapa
27-10-2015, 17:48
Please don't turn this into a witch hunt, he will give the example, the others (if they are smart enough) will stop in time instead of being banned as well.
And please stop the name and shame, we can't give the right (to be trusted) to do so to certain users, while others are censored. The user being banned has been identified by many of our developers, that's why we're "sure" about him.
Thanks.

F1_Racer68
27-10-2015, 18:00
Please don't turn this into a witch hunt, he will give the example, the others (if they are smart enough) will stop in time instead of being banned as well.
And please stop the name and shame, we can't give the right (to be trusted) to do so to certain users, while others are censored. The user being banned has been identified by many of our developers, that's why we're "sure" about him.
Thanks.

Fair point and my apologies. I can only claim my frustration after having 3 rooms ruined in one night last night. I have edited my previous post to remove the names.

Once again, my apologies to the mods for any inconvenience.

Franco Ferrari
27-10-2015, 18:21
First 2 races of this afternoon, both on Spa, real damage, PS4:
First race, 3 scientists stuck on Eau Rouge creating a barrier IN QUALIFICATIONS. I hit them, car destroyed, leave the race.
2nd race, 1 neurosurgeon stuck on Eau Rouge in second lap. I hit him, car destroyed, leave the race.

The months pass and it gets more fun.

I cannot give two likes (one for the nickname, the other for the term choice) and this is a serious forum limitation we should address (right after the kick ban).

MABlosfeld
27-10-2015, 18:22
wow .... you are right, flying plates is the solution, maybe....:p

Vittorio Rapa
27-10-2015, 18:32
Thanks.

Fair point and my apologies. I can only claim my frustration after having 3 rooms ruined in one night last night. I have edited my previous post to remove the names.

Once again, my apologies to the mods for any inconvenience.

As I said, the problem with the rammers (in general) will be solved with the next patch: the host will ban them, and if he/she doesn't .. well that's not an host deserved to be played with (again).
There will be certain downside about it: I can imagine the host-switching function if the original admin will lose the connection (or if he will just leave), and the new host abuses of his new "powers", but those are very limited scenarios, and in general the situation will be much better than today.
So let's place this discussion in stand-by until the next patch, then we'll discuss further about it.

F1_Racer68
27-10-2015, 18:35
wow .... you are right, flying plates is the solution, maybe....:p

Good idea, and great effort! Sadly, I doubt it would help since that whole crew is already blatantly ignoring established and well known racing conventions.

The only ones it would help are the ones that are new to racing, and those I have no issue with. They have an excuse, since they are new. Accidents are part of the learning process after all....

KANETAKER
28-10-2015, 00:00
Apparently this RAT KID called Amik (and his friends) still continues to attacking online racing but now it more often, apparently as revenge for being BANNED from this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUvzBFmWcpM&feature=youtu.be

For this reason we ask you to hurry up with the implementation of an option for the host can KICK any animal that loves racing sabotage and destroy other cars on purpose.

It is a big problem that there is no way to get him to BAN the Steam account. And though he banned his account,, I'm sure that rat kid has to buy back the game just to keep bothering other players ... A clear example of people who have nothing to do, no life, and have enough money to do whatever he wants.

TheReaper GT
28-10-2015, 00:02
if I'm not mistaken it's coming in the next patch...

SUBGTRACER
28-10-2015, 00:03
I think you are correct Reaper.

TheReaper GT
28-10-2015, 00:08
I think you are correct Reaper.

The best thing about it is that the kick is valid for the duration of the session... it's really good...

SUBGTRACER
28-10-2015, 00:10
The best thing about it is that the kick is valid for the duration of the session... it's really good...

but that session could be ruined already ?

TheReaper GT
28-10-2015, 00:19
but that session could be ruined already ?

By session I meant the lobby duration, so if the idiot ruined one race, you kick him from the lobby at the end and he will not be able to rejoin...

SUBGTRACER
28-10-2015, 00:34
By session I meant the lobby duration, so if the idiot ruined one race, you kick him from the lobby at the end and he will not be able to rejoin...

ok great ..... that's what's needed.

F1_Racer68
28-10-2015, 02:42
if I'm not mistaken it's coming in the next patch...

You betcha! It's on it's way! :D

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers&p=1148544&viewfull=1#post1148544

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40511-Why-is-there-no-repercussion-for-rammers&p=1151966&viewfull=1#post1151966

Scheduled for patch 6.0 (and I for one can't wait).

Bealdor
28-10-2015, 06:26
Threads merged.

VBR
28-10-2015, 18:44
Each new session could be ruined by the same trolls & rammers though. The only way to stop that is if the game stopped all players on your PSN Blocked list from entering any of the hosts lobbies at all.

TheReaper GT
28-10-2015, 18:47
Each new session could be ruined by the same trolls & rammers though. The only way to stop that is if the game stopped all players on your PSN Blocked list from entering any of the hosts lobbies at all.

Well, you will be aware of the ones you kicked before, so you can kick those right away if you see them...

VBR
28-10-2015, 18:51
Well, you will be aware of the ones you kicked before, so you can kick those right away if you see them...

Still, would be better if they were permanently black listed. Or if hosts can kick whilst qualifying/ racing, otherwise they'd still have to quit back to the lobby to do the kick which would get tiresome.

Scott Coffey
28-10-2015, 19:20

My understanding is that the kick remains between sessions. I.E. it remains in effect for the life of the lobby.

Charger
28-10-2015, 19:51
It'll probably work the same as the Dedicated Server kick/ban tool, the host can do either at any time during practise, qualifying or race and it will stick for the as long as the lobby is going.

F2kSel
02-11-2015, 10:27
Could be a bit hard on some racers if they get kicked for parking on the grid due to the duplicate car issues, that really needs sorting at the same time.
Worst case would be the driver gets kicked and cars remain on the track, I just hope they don't make things worse.

AndrexUK
02-11-2015, 11:06
Everyone's favorite rammer joined my lobby last night...
Hadn't seen him for a couple of days, and I got my hopes up that he'd been perma-banned...sad to see him still driving :(
But I had damage set to off (which he wasn't happy about...) and he didn't hang around for too long.
Roll on Patch 6.0 with the 'Ami'.....oops, I meant 'Kick' option.

cluck
02-11-2015, 12:37
Everyone's favorite rammer joined my lobby last night...
Hadn't seen him for a couple of days, and I got my hopes up that he'd been perma-banned...sad to see him still driving :(
But I had damage set to off (which he wasn't happy about...) and he didn't hang around for too long.
Roll on Patch 6.0 with the 'Ami'.....oops, I meant 'Kick' option.I wonder what it would take to later mod it to read "Amikick" instead of "Kick"? :D.

Sankyo
02-11-2015, 12:50
I wonder what it would take to later mod it to read "Amikick" instead of "Kick"? :D.
Too much honour for the guy IMO :p

Charger
02-11-2015, 17:34
To much honour for the twat IMO :p

I got a warning for that lol.

cluck
03-11-2015, 11:00
Too much honour for the foolish idiot IMO :pIt was a joke Remco ;). The quicker that name disappears from memory, the better :).

Also, yeah, consider yourself reported for offensive language :p

chig88
03-11-2015, 11:16
I got a warning for that lol.

Yeah I'd like to be able to get away with that - I got an infraction (reversed by Ian) for calling someone a moron!

Sankyo
03-11-2015, 11:23
Yeah I'd like to be able to get away with that - I got an infraction (reversed by Ian) for calling someone a moron!
Probably because the guy you were talking to wasn't a moron. In my case it's different ;) But anyway, posting edited :)

chig88
03-11-2015, 11:25
Probably because the guy you were talking to wasn't a moron. In my case it's different ;) But anyway, posting edited :)

He very much was a moron (I won't say who it is but he's well known for being one).

Sankyo
03-11-2015, 11:27
He very much was a moron (I won't say who it is but he's well known for being one).
Which explains the reversal of the infraction then :D

Charger
03-11-2015, 15:59

No, you were right the first time :D, I took my warning fully expecting to get one when I stated the truth.

DisagioAbbestia
09-11-2015, 21:17
I hope there will be a solution in the next update.
People are stupid. They always will be.
If you ghost the car of people driving backwards, thy will just park their car on the track.
Why not ghost them?
SIMULATION B*TCH!

DisagioAbbestia
14-11-2015, 20:41

""""""""""""""""Simulation"""""""""""""""""

Krus Control
14-11-2015, 20:50
Just use host kick ya dingus

erickgoldner
15-11-2015, 11:27

""""""""""""""""Simulation"""""""""""""""""

What does a stop car in the middle of track has to do with simulation ?

DisagioAbbestia
15-11-2015, 22:21
What does a stop car in the middle of track has to do with simulation ?

NOTHING.

Schadows
16-11-2015, 09:28
Madonado 2.0

cluck
16-11-2015, 09:34
Madonado 2.0

www.has-Maldonado-caused-a-crash-in-pcars-today.com (http://www.has-Maldonado-caused-a-crash-in-pcars-today.com)

:D

(no, that site does not exist)

Franco Ferrari
16-11-2015, 13:47
I haven't seen reports so far about Amik (and/or his bros) being successfully kicked from a public lobby since patch 6.0 was out.
Please, tell me the host kick has been put to good use at least once.

Krus Control
16-11-2015, 14:31
I haven't seen Amik in a while. Pretty sure he's a goner because of a Dev ban. Host kick works. Host just needs to vote to kick. I've kicked a few people successfully. Titling lobbies "Will Kick Amik," "GuaranteedNoAmik" and such. The reign of terror is over.

F1_Racer68
16-11-2015, 15:27
I haven't seen Amik in a while. Pretty sure he's a goner because of a Dev ban. Host kick works. Host just needs to vote to kick. I've kicked a few people successfully. Titling lobbies "Will Kick Amik," "GuaranteedNoAmik" and such. The reign of terror is over.

It's a very happy Project CARS Online world. I can also confirm Host Kick in all lobbies WORKS!!! We have used it several times as well, all successful. As mentioned, host just needs to click on the original "Vote To Kick" field. No new button or feature added to the menus.

I have not used it personally, but I can confirm that it can even be used during the race (if you are quick with it) without costing the host too much in track position/time..

MAARTEN
13-12-2015, 17:59
How can i as a host kick a player during a race? Can't find where to do that.

I would gladly see some sort of punishment that if a player gets kicked let's say 20 times during one game-session there should be permanent ban for joining any Pcars online-game with that steam-id/PSN or Xbox-id in future.

Krus Control
13-12-2015, 18:04
Just vote to kick if you're host and they will be kicked. You can even do it while on track.

MAARTEN
13-12-2015, 18:13
Strange, i pressed ESC for the menu but there i couldn't choose any of the players. Left-click didn't do a thing.

edit: my bad. Had to click online lobby and there i could click a player and choose kick :)

EliteK29
14-12-2015, 15:57
The thing SMS has to do is give us the ability to name the online lobbies so we can know what we are getting are selfs into. Right now we just taking guesses to see if we are gonna land in a clean room. If they give us the ability to name are rooms then online would be a lot more organized. Example, LMP3 Clean or Kick One make races. Like that.