PDA

View Full Version : Next new add on for the TX wheel.

2pfspiff
07-10-2015, 08:08
I need help with the next add on. Should I get the T3PA pro pedal set or should I get the 599 Alcantara race wheel? Not sure which way to go.

Robhd
07-10-2015, 08:56
Or you could get the GTE rim and the standard t3pa pedals for about the same money if you shop around... Just a thought!

CLOWN KAOSZ
07-10-2015, 09:22
Or you could get the GTE rim and the standard t3pa pedals for about the same money if you shop around... Just a thought!

Yep I'm with you on that one!

Dynomight Motorsports
07-10-2015, 10:35
I have the GTE rim and I love it. I want to get some Fanatec pedals and a basher board with maybe the H-pattern shifter.

CLOWN KAOSZ
07-10-2015, 10:45
I have the GTE rim, F1 rim and the T3PA pedals...
I love it...when driving the GT3 endurance races I use the GTE wheel and when driving open wheel category I use the F1 rim.
Also for F1 2015 I use the F1 rim.

sbtm
07-10-2015, 11:15
I have the t3pa and 599xx rim (it's great!!).
I want to upgrade to t3pa pro pedals soon.
I would go for t3pa pro first and later the 599xx rim.
But you should also get the th8a shifter when you get a clutch. It feels incomplete having a clutch but no shifter. Makes no sense to me.

Schnizz58
07-10-2015, 15:47
I need help with the next add on. Should I get the T3PA pro pedal set or should I get the 599 Alcantara race wheel? Not sure which way to go.
I got both. But if it has to be one or the other I highly recommend the T3PA Pro. Especially if you add a load cell mod to it.

Robhd
07-10-2015, 16:32
I got both. But if it has to be one or the other I highly recommend the T3PA Pro. Especially if you add a load cell mod to it.

Hi Schnizz... Do you know if you can add a load cell to the standard t3pa pedals?

I have the standard t3's with the brake mod fitted which i like... I also have a set of fanatec csr elite pedals with a load cell which i am going to get a basherboard adaptor for... When i start work again... Hopefully in a couple of weeks now!

beetes_juice
07-10-2015, 16:44

100% Agree.

Setup:
TX
T3PA Pro
GT 28 Leather Rim
F1 Rim

If your looking for consistency and TBH wanting to shave a few tenths off a lap, I'd go with the peddles before the rim (T3PA Pro). While I do want to upgrade to a load cell, the stock break mod on the T3PA pro peddles is great; adjustable and just love having the peddles hang down. Have improved my breaking which has lead to quicker laps.

The rims are nice but are I guess you could say for show. I have all of them (Alcantara on the way!) but if push came to shove I'd go with peddle upgrade first.

nissan4ever
07-10-2015, 17:07
Anything is better than the stock rim & pedals. I personally have the following.

TX
F1 rim
GTE rim
TM Leather 28 GT rim
T3PA pedals

I do plan on getting the new 599xx Alcantara rim at some point.

Schnizz58
07-10-2015, 17:36
Hi Schnizz... Do you know if you can add a load cell to the standard t3pa pedals?

I have the standard t3's with the brake mod fitted which i like... I also have a set of fanatec csr elite pedals with a load cell which i am going to get a basherboard adaptor for... When i start work again... Hopefully in a couple of weeks now!
I'm not entirely sure if the mod I did will work on a standard T3PA. Here's a link to the site I got it from: http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Kit_for_Thrustmaster_Pedals_p/rmt-lc500.htm

wOoDsTeR16
07-10-2015, 17:55
But if it has to be one or the other I highly recommend the T3PA Pro. Especially if you add a load cell mod to it.

No brainer, the peddles will improve your driving but the wheel won't.

madmax2069
07-10-2015, 18:11
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/18988-t3pa-non-pro-load-cell-mod/

Seems like someone is working on a load cell mod for the non pro t3pa

dantheracer
07-10-2015, 21:00
I have the GTE rim, F1 rim and the T3PA pedals...
I love it...when driving the GT3 endurance races I use the GTE wheel and when driving open wheel category I use the F1 rim.
Also for F1 2015 I use the F1 rim.

How is the F1 rim? I do mostly GT3 but some GT3 cars use a similar wheel like the Mclaren. I am torn between just going ahead and buying the F1 rim or waiting for the 599 rim. I cant find a solid review on the F1. Mostly just like unboxings. I want to know if it is comfortable to use for a long race and does it feel very plastic like the stock TX rim.

AtomicSphincter
08-10-2015, 04:36
I'm debating T3PA-pro or 599 rim as well. I think I'm gonna jump on the 599, simply cause I'm tired of looking at the stock rim, yuck!

wOoDsTeR16
08-10-2015, 04:37
I use the F1 rim for every car. It's very well built mate and feels nothing like the stock TX wheel. As for it being comfortable for long races that's all I do, its very comfortable

Strydervip
08-10-2015, 04:48
The order I went in was Tx wheel first obviously, then I got the h gate shifter cause that was the most dramatic change to the driving experience but ran an auto clutch. Then I got the pro pedal and they are sweet!!! Last I got the leather wheel but I really want the 599xx wheel.

AFM
08-10-2015, 12:08
I have just received my Thrustmaster F1 wheel add-on, and it is fantastic in comparison to the 458 add-on wheel, and feel I will use it on all the cars I drive

2pfspiff
09-10-2015, 04:00
I dropped the cash on the T3PA pro pedals. i don't mind the stock rim and braking is one of the biggest things that is killing me. The 599 rim will hopefully come for Xmas from the wife. We will see.

D3L8OY
09-10-2015, 07:47
I have the TX with the 3TPA Pro pedals the Shifter and the new 599xx wheel, the Pedals make such a difference, I run Manual with manual clutch for the shifter, this creates much more immersion into the game. The new 599xx wheel is wonderful, the slightly larger size makes an incredible amount of difference in the control, the feel of the Alcantera material is so smooth and comfortable, I don't think I could go back to my GT rim.

Ixoye56
09-10-2015, 08:43
I have a TX with...
TM Leather 28 GT
T3PA pedals
TH8A Shifter with a Sparco gear knob
Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

And I'm very pleased with my setup.

Haiden
09-10-2015, 13:50

100% Agree.
If your looking for consistency and TBH wanting to shave a few tenths off a lap, I'd go with the peddles before the rim (T3PA Pro). While I do want to upgrade to a load cell, the stock break mod on the T3PA pro peddles is great; adjustable and just love having the peddles hang down. Have improved my breaking which has lead to quicker laps.

The rims are nice but are I guess you could say for show. I have all of them (Alcantara on the way!) but if push came to shove I'd go with peddle upgrade first.

Totally agree. I have the following add-ons/upgrades:

28 GT Rim
F1 Wheel Add-on
T3PA Pro Pedals

Of all the add-ons, the pedal set (with the conical brake mod) was the only one that made the most different in laps times. The rims provide a much better feel than the stock rim, but they won't make you a better driver, just a more comfortable one. :)

How is the F1 rim? I do mostly GT3 but some GT3 cars use a similar wheel like the Mclaren. I am torn between just going ahead and buying the F1 rim or waiting for the 599 rim. I cant find a solid review on the F1. Mostly just like unboxings. I want to know if it is comfortable to use for a long race and does it feel very plastic like the stock TX rim.

I was skeptical about the rim, as well. It's definitely not the same quality as the Fanatec F1 rims, but I'm glad I made the purchase. The front face plate is actually a thin sheet of brushed aluminum, which is good. The grips are rubber, and after using the leather 28 GT rim for so long I was worried I wouldn't like the feel. After the first day of play, I was feeling a little unimpressed with the wheel. It wasn't bad, just missed my leather grips. But the next day I started realizing the difference. It's a better feel. I mostly race open wheel, LMP, and GT3 and I think the wheel is perfect for those cars. The extra buttons are nice, although I'm not sure when the Xb1 will allow more mapping to take advantage of them. Overall, I'm very happy with the upgrade, and haven't used my 28 GT rim since. My only fear is that Thurstmaster will release a new model of the F1 rim soon. I think this one's been on the market for a while. If they do make a new version, my guess is it will be more like the Fanatec F1--a bit small and less plastic.

The paddles are a little different than normal, too. The left and right are actually connected through the base and work like rockers, so you can actually up shift and down shift from either side. Comes in handy sometimes when you're turning a tight corner, but the paddles feel slightly (just slightly) different and might take a bit of getting used to.

Strydervip
09-10-2015, 19:18
I dropped the cash on the T3PA pro pedals. i don't mind the stock rim and braking is one of the biggest things that is killing me. The 599 rim will hopefully come for Xmas from the wife. We will see.

There is mod you can do to the stock wheel that will make it feel better. You can actually take the wheel apart and ad some AA batteries to the inside of the rim on wheel and add some weight to it. Just wrap them in electrical tape to get them to fit snug. I did this and it made a huge difference till I got my leather wheel! But I really really want the 599xx wheel

Strydervip
09-10-2015, 19:22
I have the TX with the 3TPA Pro pedals the Shifter and the new 599xx wheel, the Pedals make such a difference, I run Manual with manual clutch for the shifter, this creates much more immersion into the game. The new 599xx wheel is wonderful, the slightly larger size makes an incredible amount of difference in the control, the feel of the Alcantera material is so smooth and comfortable, I don't think I could go back to my GT rim.

Yes running the pro pedals with clutch and shifter was where the immersion really sky rocketed! Plus when your friends come over its separates the men from the boys!! I get a kick out of watching people fondle through gears and lose it!!!

Rockefelluh
09-10-2015, 21:17
I asked one of the forum members the same question, but f1 rim instead of alcantera. Ordered my pedals, should be in tomorrow!

I hope they have a new f1 rim come out soon.

oscarolim
10-10-2015, 14:47
I would go with the pedals first as well.
Currently have the TX and the F1 rim, Christmas will bring the Pro pedals. Not too worried about the shifter for now, maybe for a later time.

2pfspiff
11-10-2015, 21:12
Got my pedals yesterday and was able to give them a try today. Love the pedals. I am using the spring brake mod instead of the conical rubber mod. The rubber mod does not work well on the wheel stand pro V2. I also like the Where are you the spring mod feels. I can already see a difference in my braking.

sbtm
11-10-2015, 21:19
Got my pedals yesterday and was able to give them a try today. Love the pedals. I am using the spring brake mod instead of the conical rubber mod. The rubber mod does not work well on the wheel stand pro V2. I also like the Where are you the spring mod feels. I can already see a difference in my braking.

Huh? Rubber mod does not work well on wheel stand v2? I use rubber mod and wheel stand v2... why is it not working for you?

2pfspiff
12-10-2015, 02:09
Huh? Rubber mod does not work well on wheel stand v2? I use rubber mod and wheel stand v2... why is it not working for you?

It felt real stiff and I didn't feel that i was getting enough brake. Very well could be that I am not used to it. I also was moving the stand around because of how hard I was pressing. How do you have your mod set? Is it up against the pedal arm or is there space between. I might have had it set to high. I will try it again.

Haiden
12-10-2015, 17:15
It felt real stiff and I didn't feel that i was getting enough brake. Very well could be that I am not used to it. I also was moving the stand around because of how hard I was pressing. How do you have your mod set? Is it up against the pedal arm or is there space between. I might have had it set to high. I will try it again.

The conical mod will definitely reduce your pedal travel, but that's nothing to worry about. Just calibrate your pedal to the new range. If it only goes to 65 (or whatever) that's fine. That's how you let the game know to scale it's 0-100 to your 0-whatever. But the precision you get with the conical mod will seriously improve your lap times. It does take a little getting used to, but most major hardware changes will. Try it in different positions to see what feels best, then give it an hour or two to get used to. I used a Wheel Stand Pro with my TX and T3P Pro pedals. It was fine. I have hardwood floors. To prevent the stand and chair from sliding when braking hard, I set the stand on a yoga mat and put rubber pads on the chair bottom. That kept everything from sliding, even under have force.

MissionBULLITT
13-10-2015, 13:34
The conical mod will definitely reduce your pedal travel, but that's nothing to worry about. Just calibrate your pedal to the new range. If it only goes to 65 (or whatever) that's fine. That's how you let the game know to scale it's 0-100 to your 0-whatever. But the precision you get with the conical mod will seriously improve your lap times. It does take a little getting used to, but most major hardware changes will. Try it in different positions to see what feels best, then give it an hour or two to get used to. I used a Wheel Stand Pro with my TX and T3P Pro pedals. It was fine. I have hardwood floors. To prevent the stand and chair from sliding when braking hard, I set the stand on a yoga mat and put rubber pads on the chair bottom. That kept everything from sliding, even under have force.

Have you tried mounting the T3PA-Pros in the GT(hanging) position with the wheel stand pro? I want to buy them but I don't want to drop the dollars if I cant use them in that config on the wheel stand

bigdaddyx2005
13-10-2015, 18:28
i got the

csr elite pedals with bashboard
and gte wheel
for my tx.

love it..

Pikamark
13-10-2015, 19:07
Is anyone using the t3pa pro pedals with a wheel stand pro in the gt position hanging down

2pfspiff
15-10-2015, 03:03
I was looking to see if I can mount them like that. I don't think you will be able to unless you make a new mounting bracket for it. The normal pedals mounting bracket will not fit along the width of the T3PA pro pedals. It even says on their website that the bracket is for the F1 set up only.

I am getting used to the conical brake mode. My lap times are slightly faster, but are way mor consistent. I will try different settings to find that sweet spot. Thanks for the help.

Del Zotto x82x
18-10-2015, 02:08
Is anyone using the t3pa pro pedals with a wheel stand pro in the gt position hanging down

Nope, its impossible.. unless you do some modding.. I even contacted the manufacturer and they told me they don't go together as is..

2pfspiff
18-10-2015, 02:18
Nope, its impossible.. unless you do some modding.. I even contacted the manufacturer and they told me they don't go together as is..

Like I said earlier, you probably could make a mount so it could be set up in GT mode. Doesn't look like it would be difficult. I may take a stab at it.

SomeCallMeTim
04-11-2015, 12:54
I've got a TX with T3PA Pro and TH8A shifter along with the new Ferrari 599XX Evo rim and this week I've now got the Ricmotech load cell brake mod installed. I can't recommend the 599XX Evo rim enough, the Alcantara is just great to hold and the larger size is a boon and it just looks and feels more 'authentic'.

The T3PA Pro's are pretty sweet stock with the conical brake mod and I really recommend those too but if you can stretch to it the (not at all cheap) Ricmotech load cell is well worth the expense. It really does transform the way you brake and feels so natural. You have a lot more control and precision and it really helps having a firm peddle when doing heal and toe shifts. The Conical mod is still pretty good in that respect but the load cell is just better. I've only had the load cell a few days but already i'm more consistent and quicker trail braking into corners. Project Cars has pretty good brake control compared to most sims already so control is only improved bit but in Forza 6 where braking is pretty tricky having a load cell transforms the game.

Of course if you got for a 3 peddle set you'll really want the TH8A shifter too. Getting the full lot along with a Playseat has been quite an expense in total but it's certainly been worth it and make my Sim racing feel more authentic and more like real driving.

If you had to pin me down on which to get next I'd probably say T3PA Pro, then shifter then load cell mod and finally 599 rim. However now having them all I don't think I could do without any of them so best start saving up.

FEAR 208
05-11-2015, 04:44
If I was going to drop the money for the load cell mod for the T3PA pro pedals I would just go Fanatec V2 and the Basherboard adapted. Those Fanatec pedals are insanely nice.

D3L8OY
05-11-2015, 09:10
I've got a TX with T3PA Pro and TH8A shifter along with the new Ferrari 599XX Evo rim and this week I've now got the Ricmotech load cell brake mod installed. I can't recommend the 599XX Evo rim enough, the Alcantara is just great to hold and the larger size is a boon and it just looks and feels more 'authentic'.

The T3PA Pro's are pretty sweet stock with the conical brake mod and I really recommend those too but if you can stretch to it the (not at all cheap) Ricmotech load cell is well worth the expense. It really does transform the way you brake and feels so natural. You have a lot more control and precision and it really helps having a firm peddle when doing heal and toe shifts. The Conical mod is still pretty good in that respect but the load cell is just better. I've only had the load cell a few days but already i'm more consistent and quicker trail braking into corners. Project Cars has pretty good brake control compared to most sims already so control is only improved bit but in Forza 6 where braking is pretty tricky having a load cell transforms the game.

Of course if you got for a 3 peddle set you'll really want the TH8A shifter too. Getting the full lot along with a Playseat has been quite an expense in total but it's certainly been worth it and make my Sim racing feel more authentic and more like real driving.

If you had to pin me down on which to get next I'd probably say T3PA Pro, then shifter then load cell mod and finally 599 rim. However now having them all I don't think I could do without any of them so best start saving up.

Hi Tim,
I got the Ricmotec Load Cell the other day as well and I am struggling with it, I have used the softer of the two urathane bushes but is is still very stiff, I am thinking that I am putting too much pressure when calibrating the break. Do you have any advice as my lap times have actually dropped and the breaking is so difficult, I really want this to work.
Cheers

SomeCallMeTim
05-11-2015, 11:08
When I fitted it I didn't use the extra washer which reduces initial play and I used the softer urethane bush. I guess I'm getting around 2cm travel at the top of the peddle. It should need a daily hefty push to register to 100%. It is supposed to be like this to closely represent a real racing car. Note I say racing car as most modern 'normal' road cars have more servo assistance and softer feel. Racing cars usually have no servo assistance and a firm peddle and I'd say the Ricmotech mod does a good job of replicating this compared to a real formula car I've driven and my own sports car. It does need a firmer push than you are probably used to but even my 6 year old has no problem getting to 100%. You can short calibrate it by not pushing quite so hard when you first turn it on. Just keep practising and soon your leg will learn muscle memory and probably get stronger too!

One thing I did in Project Cars was to change the Brake % from 35% to 50% which I think gives it a more linear response and gives you more initial bite. In Forza I've dropped the top outer deadzone % from 100% to 95% so I don't have to push quite so hard bu now I'm more used to it I think I'll revert back to 100%.

Hi Tim,
I got the Ricmotec Load Cell the other day as well and I am struggling with it, I have used the softer of the two urathane bushes but is is still very stiff, I am thinking that I am putting too much pressure when calibrating the break. Do you have any advice as my lap times have actually dropped and the breaking is so difficult, I really want this to work.
Cheers

Schnizz58
05-11-2015, 16:55
@D3L8OY, the obvious solution is to calibrate with less pressure. I've actually been thinking about doing that myself because under heavy braking, sometimes it causes my wheel stand to slide forward slightly. So every lap or two I have to drag it back towards me a little. Hard to be consistent that way.

Str8shooter
10-11-2015, 14:28
Has anyone pulled the warning sticker off their TH8A shifter and if so, how did you do it.

I'd like to remove mine for a cleaner look.

Benja190782
13-11-2015, 21:04
I have the 599XX EVO 30 wheel and the T3PA-PRO pedals! It's absolutely worth every single penny!
You should really buy them both if you wan't the best stuff - start with the pedal upgrade.

The way I did it:

1. Bought a TX wheel with the 458 wheel just to see if it was good enough! (The base was way better than I thought)

2. Bought the TH8A shifter to get a more realistic feel when racing! (BANG! and I was sold - now gotta own the pedals)

3. After feeling how good these products were I simply had to get the best pedals - the T3PA PRO pedals!

4. Okay this is getting out of hand said my wife! Then I bought the 599XX EVO 30 wheel! What a feel! Godlike!

Thank you Thrustmaster!

Benja190782
13-11-2015, 21:08
Has anyone pulled the warning sticker off their TH8A shifter and if so, how did you do it.

I'd like to remove mine for a cleaner look.

I did and it was really easy! Just do it very, very slow and it will come off in one piece.

You can see it here that it's gone when I was building the "gearbox". :D

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mwjhytg3nwm1ngjjzda4zmq4ndk0nguwzgqxyzcxotg.jpg

Str8shooter
15-11-2015, 00:14
I did and it was really easy! Just do it very, very slow and it will come off in one piece.

You can see it here that it's gone when I was building the "gearbox". :D

I tried on mine but I could barely get a corner to come up so before I went any further I thought I'd ask if it can come off.
Saw one youtube vid where the guy had pulled his off but there was paper and glue residue and it looked bad.

You got yours off so now I know it can be done. Thanks for the confirmation.

oscarolim
15-11-2015, 08:39
I have the 599XX EVO 30 wheel and the T3PA-PRO pedals! It's absolutely worth every single penny!
You should really buy them both if you wan't the best stuff - start with the pedal upgrade.

The way I did it:

1. Bought a TX wheel with the 458 wheel just to see if it was good enough! (The base was way better than I thought)

2. Bought the TH8A shifter to get a more realistic feel when racing! (BANG! and I was sold - now gotta own the pedals)

3. After feeling how good these products were I simply had to get the best pedals - the T3PA PRO pedals!

4. Okay this is getting out of hand said my wife! Then I bought the 599XX EVO 30 wheel! What a feel! Godlike!

Thank you Thrustmaster!

Your mistake was doing #1 :p

I'm going for the T3PA Pro pedals soon, as I don't miss the shifter so much :p
You just have to keep the wife happy and all is good :)

Braken99
19-11-2015, 23:37
Goo gone or wd40 will clean it up after you pull the sticker off

Str8shooter
30-11-2015, 16:10
Got some Goo Gone just in case but once I got the sticker going it came off pretty clean and I just used the sticker to blot up the few sticky globs left behind. The end result was a nice and clean looking shifter. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Marrrfooo
01-12-2015, 11:28
Got some Goo Gone just in case but once I got the sticker going it came off pretty clean and I just used the sticker to blot up the few sticky globs left behind. The end result was a nice and clean looking shifter. Thanks everyone for the advice.

Str8shooter - did that Sparco knob (no laughing!) screw straight onto the shifter shaft or did you have to do any adjustment (i.e. filling in excess space) between the screw hole on the bottom of the Sparco knob and the top of the shifter shaft? I heard (although it frustratingly hard to find confirmation) that the TH8A uses a 9.5mm thread - which is rarer than knobs that take either 9mm or 10mm. I really love the idea of using that Sparco knob having seen it before but wasn't convinced it would fit by default without some sort of fiddle/stuffing in between the knob and the shifter as some on forums have stated they needed to do.

Would appreciate the feedback! Looks ace btw. :)

Cheers.

Str8shooter
01-12-2015, 15:07
Str8shooter - did that Sparco knob (no laughing!) screw straight onto the shifter shaft or did you have to do any adjustment (i.e. filling in excess space) between the screw hole on the bottom of the Sparco knob and the top of the shifter shaft? I heard (although it frustratingly hard to find confirmation) that the TH8A uses a 9.5mm thread - which is rarer than knobs that take either 9mm or 10mm. I really love the idea of using that Sparco knob having seen it before but wasn't convinced it would fit by default without some sort of fiddle/stuffing in between the knob and the shifter as some on forums have stated they needed to do.

Would appreciate the feedback! Looks ace btw. :)

Cheers.

I ordered the knob off Amazon.UK and it came with everything needed for an easy install on the TH8A shifter.

The inside diameter of the knob is too big to use the threads on the shaft of the TH8A. They provide three different black plastic " sleeves " of different circumference on the inside. The outside circumference fits the knob. So you pick the one sleeve that fits on the TH8A and slide and twist it down over the threads on the shaft which fits really snug and then place the knob on the sleeve. They also supply the needed screws and the wrench to tighten then knob down. It should be noted that the screws tighten to the sleeve but the sleeve is still free to spin on the shaft of the shifter. However, it fits so snug I don't see it being a problem and not moving unless you are rough on the knob and try really hard to twist it.

Very easy to put on with everything needed supplied. Also a quick and easy removal when you want to switch from gated to sequential.

No worries so go get you one :D

Marrrfooo
07-12-2015, 14:19
I ordered the knob off Amazon.UK and it came with everything needed for an easy install on the TH8A shifter.

The inside diameter of the knob is too big to use the threads on the shaft of the TH8A. They provide three different black plastic " sleeves " of different circumference on the inside. The outside circumference fits the knob. So you pick the one sleeve that fits on the TH8A and slide and twist it down over the threads on the shaft which fits really snug and then place the knob on the sleeve. They also supply the needed screws and the wrench to tighten then knob down. It should be noted that the screws tighten to the sleeve but the sleeve is still free to spin on the shaft of the shifter. However, it fits so snug I don't see it being a problem and not moving unless you are rough on the knob and try really hard to twist it.

Very easy to put on with everything needed supplied. Also a quick and easy removal when you want to switch from gated to sequential.

No worries so go get you one :D

Thanks for the reply mate - much appreciated. I invested in it and don't regret it - but your comments were much appreciated. :)