PDA

View Full Version : New to Project CARS!

JUANhundred
08-10-2015, 01:33
Well, I'm a new racer on Project CARS but I've had my eye on it for a while but stayed away due to reading bad reviews and hearing about bugs/game not working. I recently got a G920 and was playing FM6 but I wanted more so I decided to "bite the bullet" and pick up PCARS. Wow this game is amazing, I absolutely like it a lot! The driving physics are on point. Feels fantastic with the wheel and H shifter...it just all feels right.

Other than some sound shuttering every once and a while I have had no issues at all. I'm guessing the patches are a huge difference?

Umer Ahmad
08-10-2015, 01:49
Yeah, the patches have helped. Some tips here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!

Umer Ahmad
08-10-2015, 01:49
Yeah, the patches have helped. Some tips here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?28540-Having-Problems-with-Project-Cars-This-MAY-help!

Umer Ahmad
08-10-2015, 01:55
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40496-Way-too-complicated-(setting-up-cars)&p=1141279&viewfull=1#post1141279

AdM1
08-10-2015, 02:37
The patches have helped but there's still a few bugs to watch out for. Worth reading the forums and known issues collective thread to give you an idea of what you're faced against :).

odemode
08-10-2015, 05:05
I love the game, always have from day one and stuclk with it. It is by far the most realistic racer to date on console. I run a Friday night league, feel free to browse or join my facebook group or take a look at last weeks broadcast. Nurburgring ring was an epic race.

www.twitch.tv/odemode

https://www.facebook.com/groups/925249157549619/

STEELJOCKEY
08-10-2015, 05:17
Welcome - to the real driving sim world

Sankyo
08-10-2015, 06:59
Welcome, nice to see someone jumping in with a positive note.

Please change your gaming platform in your profile, so people don't get confused about which version of the game you're playing.

BulletEyeDK
08-10-2015, 11:49
Going back to forza from pCARS will from now on feel odd... I was really looking forward to Forza 6, but unfortunally pCARS changed my mind :) I tried the demo, but wasnt impressed at all.... pCARS for sure have changed my view on how racing games on console should be and feel. Im very satisfied with pCARS and the challenge this game provide :)

AFM
08-10-2015, 12:24
Welcome, nice to see someone jumping in with a positive note.

Please change your gaming platform in your profile, so people don't get confused about which version of the game you're playing.

Are you telling me there are a number of versions to PCars, as I was watching a review on Inside Sim Car Racing and they were reviewing PCars and racing in the rain, on my version Project Cars Limited Edition 2015 (with the metal case) I cannot access rain anywhere

KkDrummer
08-10-2015, 12:38
Going back to forza from pCARS will from now on feel odd... I was really looking forward to Forza 6, but unfortunally pCARS changed my mind :) I tried the demo, but wasnt impressed at all.... pCARS for sure have changed my view on how racing games on console should be and feel. Im very satisfied with pCARS and the challenge this game provide :)

Welcome on board!! hey SMS, what about a demo for PCars on Xbox Live? it would help people that are not sure about the game, or have heard negative comments about it to try PCars....I believe it would change a lot of people's minds...

PTG Baby Cow
08-10-2015, 13:17
Are you telling me there are a number of versions to PCars, as I was watching a review on Inside Sim Car Racing and they were reviewing PCars and racing in the rain, on my version Project Cars Limited Edition 2015 (with the metal case) I cannot access rain anywhere

Unlike forza there are not dedicated rain tracks, you need to just change the weather to rain in the race settings. Every track has dynamic day night cycling as well as weather unless you change them.

Roger Prynne
08-10-2015, 13:28

219977 219978

OpticalHercules
08-10-2015, 16:19
Biggest things to be proactive about with this game are:

1: Put your Xbox Power Settings in "Power Saver" mode and make sure Instant On is not selected.

2: Learn the Xbox Hard Reset procedure: Hold power button down for ~20 seconds until the power brick light turns yellow. Next, unplug the power cord from back of xbox. Tap the power button a few times, then plug power back in and boot xbox. If you experience the game acting odd, stuttering visually (except for karts, known problem), or slowing down and speeding up, this process will fix that. It is also a good idea to do a hard reset whenever you play another game and then decide to switch to PCars.

3: To help prevent losing your data, keep an eye on your Save Game data file size if you make any replay saves. DO NOT allow that file to exceed 512mb. Also, when turning off the xbox, bring PCars to it's main screen (where you can select career, race weekend, multiplayer, or community event/TT), then hit Guide button on wheel/controller to go to xbox dashboard, then hit menu over the game icon and click Quit. Then you can turn off the xbox.

I know it sounds like a hassle and the above may not prevent problems from ever happening, but making them part of your normal routine will (from our reported experiences) hopefully reduce the chances of having major problems to as minimal as possible.

I hope you enjoy the game as much as most of us do, and hope to see you in a race lobby soon!

Plato99
08-10-2015, 16:44
Its 20 times the game it was back in May.
Loving it! Just watch out for the online nutters ;)

dantheracer
08-10-2015, 17:15
Biggest things to be proactive about with this game are:

1: Put your Xbox Power Settings in "Power Saver" mode and make sure Instant On is not selected.

2: Learn the Xbox Hard Reset procedure: Hold power button down for ~20 seconds until the power brick light turns yellow. Next, unplug the power cord from back of xbox. Tap the power button a few times, then plug power back in and boot xbox. If you experience the game acting odd, stuttering visually (except for karts, known problem), or slowing down and speeding up, this process will fix that. It is also a good idea to do a hard reset whenever you play another game and then decide to switch to PCars.

3: To help prevent losing your data, keep an eye on your Save Game data file size if you make any replay saves. DO NOT allow that file to exceed 512mb. Also, when turning off the xbox, bring PCars to it's main screen (where you can select career, race weekend, multiplayer, or community event/TT), then hit Guide button on wheel/controller to go to xbox dashboard, then hit menu over the game icon and click Quit. Then you can turn off the xbox.

I know it sounds like a hassle and the above may not prevent problems from ever happening, but making them part of your normal routine will (from our reported experiences) hopefully reduce the chances of having major problems to as minimal as possible.

I hope you enjoy the game as much as most of us do, and hope to see you in a race lobby soon!

Good info here Optical Thanks! Do you really have to do all that to get the xbox to hard reset? Xbox says just holding down the button until it clicks will do that as well. Also where do I go to put xbox in power saving mode?

STEELJOCKEY
08-10-2015, 21:40
A hard reset is just holding down the xbox button on your xbox for 10 seconds until it turns off. This clears the cache freeing it up to be filled with gaming instructions again.

Unplugging/turning off the power brick also helps in resetting USB ports so controllers/wheels plugged in don't drop out.

Putting the xbox in to power save mode makes it turn off completely and not stay on in the background if you leave the power point plugged in, which means when it is turned off it properly resets/clears cache.

Personally, when I'm finished with my xbox/watching tv for the night, I turn off the power point so everything is turned off and resets - xbox, video gear, tv, wheel etc all powered off completely. No standby modes available to chew unnecessary power as well.

nissan4ever
08-10-2015, 22:11
Hard Restart for Xbox One

Dynomight Motorsports
09-10-2015, 01:03
Its almost completely fixed...:cool: The physics in this game kick Forza's ass all the way around the track. BTW Scraping the car on the barrier does seem to counter-act the physics bug (dip n Flip)

Oo04RCY
10-10-2015, 20:41
I love this sim so much I've just joined the Forum!

AFM
12-10-2015, 11:50
Thanks for showing me how to make it rain, without this forum I and many others would be lost, it's not good enough for PCars and others not to have step by step instructions to run every aspect of these games

OpticalHercules
12-10-2015, 14:37
Thanks for showing me how to make it rain, without this forum I and many others would be lost, it's not good enough for PCars and others not to have step by step instructions to run every aspect of these games

What would be awesome, maybe not for PCars1 since it's already out 5 months but maybe for PCars2, is say there were a Wiki-style user manual online and have it linked in game with either online text-boxes for details about some selection in the tuning menu, or a help button that would open the console internet browser to the wiki page relevant to the page where the help button was clicked. For setup menus it would easily explain how to set up weather and what the different weather types would result in in game, while in tuning it would give detailed descriptions/examples and maybe even diagrams of what different tune options do. I think we can all agree that the current in-game descriptions of each tuning option are very lacking, and this would take the onus of creating and fitting those descriptions in the game off of the developers.

Haiden
12-10-2015, 17:05

Make sure you take some time to fully explore the menu options Race and Practice setup. There are multiple panels on each screen, and sometimes multiple tabs inside each. If you don't look around, you will miss something. :)