PDA

View Full Version : Track Limits - California Highway

chig88
08-10-2015, 09:22
Spent three hours last night in complete frustration trying to get a clean Time Trial lap at California Highway. Granted, a lot of it was due to the God-awful RUF RGT-8 I was using, but mostly it was due to the completely random track limits resulting in 95% of my laps being invalidated in the first sector.

Why is it that in half the corners you can't even glance at the white line without it being invalidated (I'm talking 2, sometimes even 3/4 wheels inside the line), and in the other half you can absolutely smash into the barrier with no penalty?

I know it's a long track so it's probably harder to get right, but at the moment it's a bit of a mess. You never know where you can push & where you need to back off to avoid being penalised :(.

WhoosierGirl
09-10-2015, 17:57
Spent three hours last night in complete frustration trying to get a clean Time Trial lap at California Highway. Granted, a lot of it was due to the God-awful RUF RGT-8 I was using, but mostly it was due to the completely random track limits resulting in 95% of my laps being invalidated in the first sector.

Why is it that in half the corners you can't even glance at the white line without it being invalidated (I'm talking 2, sometimes even 3/4 wheels inside the line), and in the other half you can absolutely smash into the barrier with no penalty?

I know it's a long track so it's probably harder to get right, but at the moment it's a bit of a mess. You never know where you can push & where you need to back off to avoid being penalised :(.

Have you tried doing each of the three sections separately first to familiarize yourself with the track? I love using the Ruf's at California myself but do agree the track limits need to be looked at, there are a couple segment 2 ghost replays that are quite funny with the use of the walls.

chig88
09-10-2015, 18:45
Have you tried doing each of the three sections separately first to familiarize yourself with the track? I love using the Ruf's at California myself but do agree the track limits need to be looked at, there are a couple segment 2 ghost replays that are quite funny with the use of the walls.

Yeah I'm really familiar with the track - have done quite a lot of laps on it in practice sessions but this is the first time I've tried it in time trial.

Definitely needs looking at because I wasn't exactly smashing into barriers like a wild man - a couple of inches over in places is an invalidated lap even when you've gained no advantage :(.

PTG Baby Cow
09-10-2015, 20:31
Are you sure it is the track limits and not the random invalidation i posted about in the xbox thread.

I have found that, even while going straight down the middle of the track, if you are over a certain speed than it invalidates your lap, and it is at certain points throughout the track. In particular entering the highway on layout 1, entering the tunnel, going over the bridge. theres a few other spots.

chig88
14-10-2015, 14:22
Are you sure it is the track limits and not the random invalidation i posted about in the xbox thread.

I have found that, even while going straight down the middle of the track, if you are over a certain speed than it invalidates your lap, and it is at certain points throughout the track. In particular entering the highway on layout 1, entering the tunnel, going over the bridge. theres a few other spots.

No I don't think it's that, although I have had that problem in a lot of online races.

TBH when you read all of the complaining regarding track limits being exploited in the community event threads, I think SMS have just gone too harsh on the limits to stop people getting ridiculously quick times by cutting.

Just a shame it ruins it for people who aren't exploiting the limits & simply wish to see how fast they can go. Two wheels on the track should be acceptable at all times, and it just isn't consistently applied throughout the game :(.