PDA

View Full Version : Weather bugs.

tclancey
08-10-2015, 11:07
I know real time weather is bugged, is sync to race also knackered?

I had a race yesterday where I'd set the weather with two slots, the first dry the second random. I had the timing set to Sync.

Around half way through the race, as expected, I got told rain was coming some time in the next 30 minutes, that would have been ok if I wasn't at that exact moment in the pits getting a shiny new set of slicks put on the car. Oh well, I set off and thought I'd get a couple of fast laps in before pitting again. About 5 laps later I got told heavy rain was coming in the next couple of laps, so I thought I'd beat the AI to it and come into the pits to put my rain boots on. I edited my pit strategy as soon as I hit the pit lane, changing all my tyres to the wet option and saved it. So far so good. However, the pit crew fitted another new set of slicks, this was slightly annoying but it wasn't raining yet so I went out again expecting to have to pit again the next lap. This was making a serious mess of me finishing in a decent position. But, somewhat surprisingly the rain didn't materialise and the rest of the 50 lap race was completely dry.

I managed to pull a 5th place from the experience but I'm now thinking there is no point in using the weather system at all at the moment. Unless you want the weather to change randomly every 10 minutes, which is somewhat impractical.

Can you please let me/us know when the weather is going to be fixed?

Thanks.

Raven403
08-10-2015, 11:11
This was in Solo race I assume because you said you used Sync to Race. I also noticed this doesnt work for me. Can I ask, did you have sessions before the race? Practice, Quali? Because Ive noticed it seems to work when you just do a Race, with no other sessions, but doesnt work when you set Practice and Quali.

tclancey
09-10-2015, 09:58
Ah ok, yes I ran the full weekend, I didn't get any weather change in any session come to think of it.

Raven403
09-10-2015, 10:47
Ah ok, yes I ran the full weekend, I didn't get any weather change in any session come to think of it.

Yeah, I think that's where it gets bugged. The league I'm in has to use 2x Weather progression to get it to actually work. So we have to set 2 slots just for practice/quali because otherwise it would be changing in the middle of qualifying. So something about having multiple sessions bugs the "Real" and "Sync to Race" options.

It's been that way since launch AFAIK. Not sure if it's ever made it to a known issues list

tclancey
14-10-2015, 10:53
Thanks for the info Raven, at least it gives me something I can work with. I'll test this out tomorrow hopefully.

I really would like to see a truly random option which I've started another thread on. (Smiley wink)

Cozza
14-10-2015, 11:02
temp is also bugged. I ran a thunderstorm race at Snetterton and it was 34c according to the top of of the setup screen. :p

And 40c on a Thunderstorming race at Bathurst in July.

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 11:10
temp is also bugged. I ran a thunderstorm race at Snetterton and it was 34c according to the top of of the setup screen. :p

And 40c on a Thunderstorming race at Bathurst in July.

That's the track temperature, not the ambient temperature. ;)

Yorkie065
14-10-2015, 11:20
Also note, the bug you experienced with pitcrew not changing tyres has been fixed in patch 5.0, providing your not using 'force default setup'. What it was doing in your case was fitting the 'automatic by weather' tyre choice which is a dry tyre, so unless the rain actually came and you pitted, it would only be then that you would get the wet tyres. Either way, that issue is now fixed in 5.0 and no matter what weather conditions you are racing in you will get the tyre choice you selected.