PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 5.0 Release Notes

Pages : 1 [2]

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 14:18
You should also get on your treadmill and power your PC so you can play the game , you really need to get off the fan boy juice just alittle bit it makes you look foolish

If more people had to do that, there would probably be less posts like this on the internet.

Umer Ahmad
14-10-2015, 14:20
Are we talking about patch5? Back to topic, and i will not tolerate insults/accusations towards others.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 15:43
*shrug*

If you don't like the game, you're welcome to either wait patiently, or indeed go and make your own game.

I really don't care how entitled you guys think you are to these things, and I really don't care what you think of me for thinking so.

To say your a WMD member thats really not the way to conduct yourself on here bud.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 15:44
To say your a WMD member thats really not the way to conduct yourself on here bud.

Are you the Shin Conducting Police, Friend? ^^;

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 15:47
No mate, just another one of the people that have stood by this game through all its problems nearly 6 months down the line wanting what we paid for in the first place. If you have nothing constructive to say then maybe its better to bite your lip sooner than come across that you've had our money and run.

lacslyer
14-10-2015, 15:51
Yes.

Basic questions.

Is it required for the function of the game? No.
Is it required within the rules of the game? No.
Is it in any way, integral to anything? No.

Vanity. If you can't write down, memorize, keep your own notes, or use the new setup site. This is a personal problem. You're asking for a handholding feature that makes life easier for you out of laziness.

Of course it's not required. Neither is multiplayer, neither is VR or triple screen support, neither is a campaign mode, neither are a lot of things that sim racers have come to expect. However, when you're considering your game to be a sim racing game on the PC, well then most of these things are expected of sim racing fans, and rightfully so.

To claim that people who want this feature, which has come to be such a basic feature for sim racing games, are lazy is about the most ignorant thing I've heard on these forums.

lacslyer
14-10-2015, 15:52
*shrug*

If you don't like the game, you're welcome to either wait patiently, or indeed go and make your own game.

I really don't care how entitled you guys think you are to these things, and I really don't care what you think of me for thinking so.

It's not entitlement to expect a game that's labeled as a sim racing game to have one of the most basic features that the majority of other sim racing games have.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 15:53
No mate, just another one of the people that have stood by this game through all its problems nearly 6 months down the line wanting what we paid for in the first place. If you have nothing constructive to say then maybe its better to bite your lip sooner than come across that you've had our money and run.

It's not entitlement to expect a game that's labeled as a sim racing game to have one of the most basic features that the majority of other sim racing games have.

Because you do not like objectivity does not make it any less objective. SMS don't owe anyone, anything, after the initial transaction. They could chose to outright stop or not support the game.

If a particular feature was not included in the game, and this was known from the start. Then you didn't pay for that feature. You never did. You're not entitled to that feature. You don't have an intrinsic deserving for the feature. The feature was never there. If it gets added, that is an act of kindness it is not an act of doing something that was supposed to be done.

Again, I don't care how I come across. If you chose to judge a complex human being based solely on his views being unsupportive of your own, please go ahead. If you wish to oversimplify things or justify yourself with confirmation bias, please go ahead.

If you wish to post directly after a moderator said to talk about the patch and not this stuff, please go ahead.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 15:57
If you wish to post directly after a moderator said to talk about the patch and not this stuff, please go ahead.

But its ok for you to do it?. And should SMS choose to stop supporting the game after they have said they will for 2 years then I can see that really helping the sales of PC2

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 15:58
But its ok for you to do it?. And should SMS choose to stop supporting the game after they have said they will for 2 years then I can see that really helping the sales of PC2

You really don't understand do you?

I don't care.

wOoDsTeR16
14-10-2015, 15:59
You really don't understand do you?

I don't care.

Fair play, enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 16:00
Fair play, enjoy the rest of your day! :)

I sincerely hope you do, too ^^;

lacslyer
14-10-2015, 16:07
Because you do not like objectivity does not make it any less objective. SMS don't owe anyone, anything, after the initial transaction. They could chose to outright stop or not support the game.

If a particular feature was not included in the game, and this was known from the start. Then you didn't pay for that feature. You never did. You're not entitled to that feature. You don't have an intrinsic deserving for the feature. The feature was never there. If it gets added, that is an act of kindness it is not an act of doing something that was supposed to be done.

Again, I don't care how I come across. If you chose to judge a complex human being based solely on his views being unsupportive of your own, please go ahead. If you wish to oversimplify things or justify yourself with confirmation bias, please go ahead.

Yet, didn't you just claim that people who want this feature are lazy and entitled?

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 16:15
Yet, didn't you just claim that people who want this feature are lazy and entitled?

There's oversimplification.

I said that the feature makes life easier for you out of laziness, and implied that you among others were acting entitled.

You could be the kindest most personable person on the planet outside of that, I never judged the entirety of anyone's character. Merely asserted my opinion of their actions. Which I find, yes, Vain, Entitled, and Lazy. Are you Vain, Entitled, and Lazy? I hope not.

But this doesn't change my opinion of your actions, and again, I simply don't care what you think of mine.

SlowBloke
14-10-2015, 16:17

A purchaser of a game rarely knows 100% of the features in said game prior to the purchase or the mechanisms (ie rather clunky UI in this case)...

For many people excluding yourself obviously it is a fair assumption in today's sim racing market that loading and saving setups to files is a given of good game design....

Calling people lazy because they feel like they are going back to 1995 in this regard is a rather confrontative and unhelpful point of view...

Its not there - I agree we do not have the right to now jump up and down and demand it - but think for a second why people want these improvement features....

We want to enjoy Project Cars and can see ways of improving it not just for ourselves but for a way that will help build community spirit / sharing / knowledge transfer in a convenient manner.

SMS are still actively out there marketing Project Cars and are still supporting the hell out of it with new patches, DLC's etc... ie they are and want to try to get more improvements out there (bugs, feature improvements etc...)

I agree there are some people coming across as rather self entitled individuals but the bottom line is those who play want Project Cars (be it 1, 2, 3 or whatever next) to continue to be a huge success and grow.

A fan base giving feedback is a good thing for a company because it is active involvement that can be used to improve upon the product and the customer relations which will only benefit the company.

SMS has been very active in seeking this feedback - hence people are actively sharing their hopes for improvements. Some less eloquently than others I admit but there are many people here from different walks of life and stages of life - cut them a break man :/

Konan
14-10-2015, 16:22

I said that the feature makes life easier for you out of laziness, and implied that you among others were acting entitled.

You could be the kindest most personable person on the planet outside of that, I never judged the entirety of anyone's character. Merely asserted my opinion of their actions. Which I find, yes, Vain, Entitled, and Lazy. Are you Vain, Entitled, and Lazy? I hope not.

But this doesn't change my opinion of your actions, and again, I simply don't care what you think of mine.
Some say that the name "Shinzah" comes from the seventh circle of hell.
And that he will unleash the most destructive chaos.
That he exists everywhere and always.
Watching you.
Judging you.
Preparing to destroy you.

Some say that.

But mostly I chose it because it was a popular name and I like to blend in.[end quote]

Living up to your name? Lol

lacslyer
14-10-2015, 16:23

So in other words you expect others to not judge based upon simple statements while you don't abide by those rules.

As well, I haven't said a word at all about whether I want this feature or not, but that people wanting this feature aren't necessarily entitled for wanting it because it's such a common feature among sim racing games.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 16:24
That's excellently put, Slowbloke.

But - Slagging on the developer for what they do/don't fix is not going to make them want to help you any faster. Especially if it's the same complaints, from the same people saying the same things.

And - Slagging on other members of the community for disagreeing with you, is not going to make them come over to that point of view or want to regardless how often you do it. I have no reason to change anyones point of view, but those who are demanding these things have plenty reason to want to gain support. Being a loud minority on a forum is not going to get you addressed any faster.

Living up to your name? Lol

*shrugs* If you think so, I guess.

Konan
14-10-2015, 16:25
That's excellently put, Slowbloke.

But - Slagging on the developer for what they do/don't fix is not going to make them want to help you any faster. Especially if it's the same complaints, from the same people saying the same things.

And - Slagging on other members of the community for disagreeing with you, is not going to make them come over to that point of view or want to regardless how often you do it. I have no reason to change anyones point of view, but those who are demanding these things have plenty reason to want to gain support. Being a loud minority on a forum is not going to get you addressed any faster.

*shrugs* If you think so, I guess.

Just joking...hence the LOL....lol

Roger Prynne
14-10-2015, 16:30
Once again guys, can we please keep it ON TOPIC.

Konan
14-10-2015, 16:32
Once again guys, can we please keep it ON TOPIC.

Sorry...

tonaz
15-10-2015, 00:12
Yet we have the "saving steering ratio" bug.
And I've noticed one more thing: if you turn on the headlights, also the dashboard lights up. You restart the race and the headlights are off, but the dashboard is still lit.
Bytheway...Yet we have the "saving steering ratio" bug.

Shinzah
15-10-2015, 01:31
And I've noticed one more thing: if you turn on the headlights, also the dashboard lights up. You restart the race and the headlights are off, but the dashboard is still lit.

Been a bug for ages...

Kroegtijgertje
15-10-2015, 09:35
Bentley GT3 is 4 seconds slower now on Spa Francorchamps.... that's a massive nerf!!! :blue:

N0body Of The Goat
15-10-2015, 09:40
Bentley GT3 is 4 seconds slower now on Spa Francorchamps.... that's a massive nerf!!! :blue:

Not quatre? ;)

Bealdor
15-10-2015, 09:42

Make sure to set your restrictor to max.

Jonyvf
15-10-2015, 10:00
I notice that in Monza. 2 seconds slower and with default setup much slower then the other gt3 cars in random multipayer session.
Iīm not sure but probably the other cars run with the default setup.In straith line they disappear.
Massive nerf in my opinion

satco1066
15-10-2015, 14:48
Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

The known, wrong liveries in replays bug, known since patch 3 is not in the known issues thread!

If the .med files wouldn't be binary, encrypted or packed, whatever, we could edit the livery-IDs by ourselves.
a med to avi converter would also be great.

jaymondo
15-10-2015, 21:10
Looks like I have support on this matter. Setups for a sim are very important. It needs to be moved up the "to do" list if this project is to be taken serious, specially with the League Racing and Esports

jaymondo
15-10-2015, 21:18
Sorry but your wrong, YES IT IS REQUIRED. NO ITS NOT LAZY.

Writing setups down? Its 2015 !!! I wasn't writing down Grand Prix Legends setups in the late 90s, and I am certainly not going to start now.

I really dont care if you ban me or give me another warning, the Project is seriously flawed, and this issue needs to be addressed.

Hand Holding ? can I suggest another couple of words? Quality, Completed, Finished. need I say more.

If these are my last words on here, so be it.

Sproket
15-10-2015, 21:39
5.0 has made it 10x worse. MP Cadwell G40 black screen into grass floating. Exit to garage then Blue screen After reloading game and even someone else hosting immediate blue screen crash. Also my T500 has 0 FFB no matter what settings.
So in short. Well done, Well effing done. Why did I expect anything less?
FIX THE HOUSE BEFORE DOING AN EXTENSION.

Jan Studenski
16-10-2015, 04:02
5.0 has made it 10x worse. MP Cadwell G40 black screen into grass floating. Exit to garage then Blue screen After reloading game and even someone else hosting immediate blue screen crash. Also my T500 has 0 FFB no matter what settings.
So in short. Well done, Well effing done. Why did I expect anything less?
FIX THE HOUSE BEFORE DOING AN EXTENSION.

lel - never had a single blue screen with Project CARS
Tbh i doubt its a Project CARS problem - i guess its a problem with your computer
Would be nice to know what Blue Screen error message you get and what your specs are ... also i see that your plattform linked to your profile is PS4

Snoopy
16-10-2015, 11:03
Hi,

just a little fail/bug...should be easy to fix.

A BMW 2002 has a little Numberproblem.

One BMW has been announced to have the No. 20 and it is like that:

Another BMW has been announced to have the No. 20 also, but it has No. 29 in the Livery:

Bealdor
16-10-2015, 11:04
Notified. Thanks.

jaymondo
16-10-2015, 11:20
Ive had a couple of CTD on mine, but to be honest, I think that was Raptr, I have told them. Didn't hear back.

RomKnight
19-10-2015, 10:18
The only times I had this CTD (and reboots) on pCARS was during development and it was my PSU failing. It stop when I finally went to RMA everything HW related I suspected but it all stopped with the new PSU Corsair sent me.

And yes, it only happened with pCARS (guess it was THAT demanding :D). It took me a while because even the voltages were stable!

YMMV, ofc.

Thomas67
19-10-2015, 15:05
And now for something completely different.

The time trial was indeed to poor since Patch 4 already by the senseless tire wear.
But now is also the brake temperature at the problem, because this is in fact set to optimally no more after each round. Thus, it is impossible for 2 fast laps one after the other, because the brakes get too hot. Even with vehicles in which one the brake cooling ducts can not change (MB 300 SL).

So you have to restart the session after each round, if you want to go with optimal temperatures and no tire wear on time hunting.

Stocky
19-10-2015, 17:43
Now that Forced Default set ups work, how does it work with pit stops?

I started with 99 liters, went around a few times, pitted, and it gave me tires according to weather, but no fuel. Is there an amount you have to be below, before it gives you fuel?
I'm thinking of making our endurance races forced defaults, but 99 liters won't cover the whole race.

Liquid7394
19-10-2015, 18:07
Sorry but your wrong, YES IT IS REQUIRED. NO ITS NOT LAZY.

Writing setups down? Its 2015 !!! I wasn't writing down Grand Prix Legends setups in the late 90s, and I am certainly not going to start now.

I really dont care if you ban me or give me another warning, the Project is seriously flawed, and this issue needs to be addressed.

Hand Holding ? can I suggest another couple of words? Quality, Completed, Finished. need I say more.

If these are my last words on here, so be it.
It's not ideal but you can use this.

http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Just save them as private if you don't want others knowing your setups.

Seelenkrank
19-10-2015, 18:21
but you had to manually adjust every setting every time...
a setup system like in AC is gold!
-per car and per track and so many test setups i like to build (and test) without put the rest in the trash if its not working.
-and i can load a setup from another track and can use or modify it!
here i have one setup per car and had to adjust all the time i drive on a specific track my complete setup.
this is why i spent a absolutly minimum time in this game on setup creating ----> its worthless, set the AI 10 points lower is faster done...

jaymondo
19-10-2015, 20:10
Couldn't agree with you more, lets hope its added soon.

Stocky
19-10-2015, 23:59
Now that Forced Default set ups work, how does it work with pit stops?

I started with 99 liters, went around a few times, pitted, and it gave me tires according to weather, but no fuel. Is there an amount you have to be below, before it gives you fuel?
I'm thinking of making our endurance races forced defaults, but 99 liters won't cover the whole race.

Comon SMS, this is getting ridiculous. Does anyone test this stuff or think it through??????

It didn't enter anyone's mind at SMS that, hey, what if someone needs fuel with defaults? Or hey, what if some one wants to do more than 20 laps with defaults at Spa? Aren't these thoughts already imbedded in your game coding thinking process? Maybe that's what's wrong, because they should be. You shouldn't be missing easy stuff like this. I think it shows no love for the game or for what you do. I think we love the game more than you do.

You can't take fuel with Forced Default Set Ups?!?!?!?

Is this a new type of race, take 99 liters and see who can go the furthest?

This was in multiplayer, FA.

Forced default set ups, started with 99 liters, I pitted at various times throughout the race, fuel light came on with 3 liters left, I pitted again, got tires, couldn't get fuel, ran out.
Tried it again with AI on, and I ran out of fuel, spectated, and saw they had over 150 liters now in their tanks.

Get your calculators out guys, and don't plan a race where there's more laps than you can make with the default fuel.

This patch made default set ups work, but impossible to use for any mid to long range run.
This patch broke weather & time progression which resets every session.
You can now get medium slicks in the pit.

What's that for this patch so far, 2 steps forward, and 3 steps back?

You guys don't make it easy on us League players.

Unless I'm missing something, which I hope I am wrong. Please tell me how to get fuel with forced defaults like the AI can.

I can do without pit strategies, but can't without fuel.

diesel97
20-10-2015, 00:37
Comon SMS, this is getting ridiculous. Does anyone test this stuff or think it through??????

It didn't enter anyone's mind at SMS that, hey, what if someone needs fuel with defaults? Or hey, what if some one wants to do more than 20 laps with defaults at Spa? Aren't these thoughts already imbedded in your game coding thinking process? Maybe that's what's wrong, because they should be. You shouldn't be missing easy stuff like this. I think it shows no love for the game or for what you do.

You can't take fuel with Forced Default Set Ups?!?!?!?

Is this a new type of race, take 99 liters and see who can go the furthest?

This was in multiplayer, FA.

Forced default set ups, started with 99 liters, I pitted at various times throughout the race, fuel light came on with 3 liters left, I pitted again, got tires, couldn't get fuel, ran out.
Tried it again with AI on, and I ran out of fuel, spectated, and saw they had over 150 liters now in their tanks.

Get your calculators out guys, and don't plan a race where there's more laps than you can make with the default fuel.

This patch made default set ups work, but impossible to use for any mid to long range run.
This patch broke weather & time progression which resets every session.
You can now get medium slicks in the pit.

What's that for this patch so far, 2 steps forward, and 3 steps back?

You guys don't make it easy on us League players.

Unless I'm missing something, which I hope I am wrong. Please tell me how to get fuel with forced defaults like the AI can.

LMAO , when everyone was screaming for "forced default set ups " i thought "careful what you wish for"

Stocky
20-10-2015, 00:44
LMAO , when everyone was screaming for "forced default set ups " i thought "careful what you wish for"

I know. Honestly, I'd rather them fix old stuff, than add new stuff.

They changed tire compounds one patch, but broke it so you couldn't take mediums.
They added in default set ups one patch, but forgot to turn it on.
They turned on defaults next patch, but forgot about getting fuel.
They added in sync to race weather, but broke weather and time progression.

Where does it end? I seriously think there is no testing to any of these fixes.

At this point, forget adding anything new. Just fix what's already broken, and be done with it. Then work on getting project cars 2 right.

Stocky
20-10-2015, 00:55
Someone should set up a multiplayer race with defaults on, with 1-2 laps more than the fuel you get, and then drive easy and slow conserving fuel. Everyone will run out at the end, and you'll win the race while they are all DQ'd.

An easy win for whoever sets this up, and doesn't even have to race hard to get it.

jaymondo
20-10-2015, 22:51
Its a bit of a mess at the moment, I have decided to park up for a bit, and wait for the next patch.

Dynomight Motorsports
21-10-2015, 12:02
Did camber get fixed in 5.0?

Fre.Mo
21-10-2015, 12:13

What was the problem with camber?

Bealdor
21-10-2015, 12:15

No, they're still working on it.

Dynomight Motorsports
21-10-2015, 12:23
Thanks for the Reply Bealdor!

Lars Geraae
23-10-2015, 12:57
WHAT about mixing the classes together, like LMP + GT cars !!? Is it on the list !? No more cars ! Need that option to mix classes !

Tansu
24-10-2015, 22:43
Where can i download last patch i cant find please help im so angry

Bealdor
24-10-2015, 22:47
Where can i download last patch i cant find please help im so angry

Steam downloads the patch automatically for you.

BioForce
25-10-2015, 06:58

They changed tire compounds one patch, but broke it so you couldn't take mediums.

At this point, forget adding anything new. Just fix what's already broken, and be done with it. Then work on getting project cars 2 right.

I think itīs due to the fact that the devs are sitting all over the world afaik and you are the Tester for new Patches. I believe, they compile things and say: "hmmm, that should work - for sure - letīs read forum if itīs ok.". Iīve seen things in development of Pcars, that I really didnīt understand and thats my interpretation of it. :mad:

jaymondo
25-10-2015, 10:41
but you had to manually adjust every setting every time...
a setup system like in AC is gold!
-per car and per track and so many test setups i like to build (and test) without put the rest in the trash if its not working.
-and i can load a setup from another track and can use or modify it!
here i have one setup per car and had to adjust all the time i drive on a specific track my complete setup.
this is why i spent a absolutly minimum time in this game on setup creating ----> its worthless, set the AI 10 points lower is faster done...

A setup system is lazy or so I have been told on here !...., I personally couldn't agree with you more however.

TrevorAustin
25-10-2015, 11:37
What was the problem with camber?

Lol

F1_Racer68
04-11-2015, 16:30
Jumping the gun a bit maybe, but any hints on when we might see the 6.0 patch? Based on past release schedules, it should be soon. I know many of us are anxious to receive the Host Kick button so we can finally begin cleaning up the public lobbies :) (among all the other fixes 6.0 might bring).

Konan
04-11-2015, 17:05

Don't you think that's a bit unfair to those who don't (or hardly don't) have issues?
I completely understand that bugs have to be fixed but on the other hand there's those who are waiting for improvements/adding things...
If SMS does what you suggest,i'm sure many of us will put the game aside and won't even bother with buying Project Cars 2...
Because if they don't put the improvements in this game,who's to say they'll put them in the next?
Expectations weren't met yet imho so I hope there is still room for improvement...

ahf74
05-11-2015, 01:23
I know of the reputation system is still working on it or step and history?

MABlosfeld
05-11-2015, 13:00
pcars1 over??????

MABlosfeld
06-11-2015, 12:32
SMS did a great job here, waiting for pcars 2.

Sankyo
06-11-2015, 12:36
pcars1 over??????
No!!!!!!

Stocky
06-11-2015, 13:46
It's been exactly 4 weeks since 5.0, and all the new bugs that were introduced with it.

There seems to be no urgency to fix anything.

Yes, PCars is dying. It may not be over yet, but it's not looking good.

henki
06-11-2015, 13:50
if we set fixed setups in the multiplayer lobby and someone has saved a own setup before for these car, he will get everytime 50l fuel no matters how far the distance is.
is the bug know? I would love to see a soon fix :)

Sankyo
06-11-2015, 13:55
It's been exactly 4 weeks since 5.0, and all the new bugs that were introduced with it.

There seems to be no urgency to fix anything.

And that conclusion is based on what exactly? Intimate knowledge of what the devs are working on on a daily basis? Full insight on how long it takes to solve specific bugs?

And what 'bugs introduced with patch 5.0' are we talking about exactly?

Stocky
06-11-2015, 14:11
And that conclusion is based on what exactly? Intimate knowledge of what the devs are working on on a daily basis? Full insight on how long it takes to solve specific bugs?

And what 'bugs introduced with patch 5.0' are we talking about exactly?

What bugs? Really?

Shall I start with time progression & weather progression bug introduced in 5.0? There's been a lot of posts about that, in this thread as well. That's a pretty substantial bug.

And how about the fuel bugs with forced defaults?

People getting different fuel amounts in the same forced default races. Most people don't know that, but when you are in a race with 10-15 people in team speak, and you find out one guy starts with 50, and another starts that same race with 18, we don't have nice things to say about SMS. We can't figure out how these stupid things go through without being tested.

SMS's approval rating, among the 25 of us in our League, is not very good right now.

Stocky
06-11-2015, 14:22
Here's another one for you.

Forced defaults at 24 Hour Le Mans with LMP's. Set it to 25 laps, and you'll get a certain amount of fuel, which is not enough to finish the race (and you can't take fuel in pits). Now lower the laps to 15, and you get more fuel than you did when you had 25 laps set.

Nothing makes sense.

This was tested in race session only, not in any of the practice, warm up, or qualify sessions (which are all different as well).

I'm not here to argue. I've been waiting patiently for the past 4 weeks for a new update.
You asked me for examples. Here they are.
I am not slamming SMS. I love the game. I just wish there was as much love for it from SMS, as I have.
But many of us are losing patience. That's literally the word of mouth from our League.

chig88
06-11-2015, 14:22
Is there any estimate as to when 6.0 will be out?

MABlosfeld
06-11-2015, 14:26
No!!!!!!

I believe you then tell us: where is everyone?

Yorkie065
06-11-2015, 14:31
Shall I start with time progression & weather progression bug introduced in 5.0? There's been a lot of posts about that, in this thread as well. That's a pretty substantial bug.

Just to note, this could have quite easily have been a 'games design decision' to change and have working this way from 5.0 onwards and therefore not a bug. The word 'bug' gets thrown around too loosely, and usually gets slapped onto something that was changed with intention and the people who don't agree with the change, mark it down to something that it's not. Will agree though, the fuel thing I can't see working as intended and the consistency of it between players needs to be looked at (and I'm sure it has).

As for when the patch could come out, all previous patches prior to this one (patch 5.0) have been mid-later in the month. Last month was possibly a one off with a release earlier in the month which I doubt would become the norm. I'm thinking mid month again, hopefully next week.

MABlosfeld
06-11-2015, 14:32

Waiting for a miracle patch

Stocky
06-11-2015, 14:37
Just to note, this could have quite easily have been a 'games design decision' to change and have working this way from 5.0 onwards and therefore not a bug. The word 'bug' gets thrown around too loosely, and usually gets slapped onto something that was changed with intention and the people who don't agree with the change, mark it down to something that it's not. Will agree though, the fuel thing I can't see working as intended and the consistency of it between players needs to be looked at (and I'm sure it has).

As for when the patch could come out, all previous patches prior to this one (patch 5.0) have been mid-later in the month. Last month was possibly a one off with a release earlier in the month which I doubt would become the norm. I'm thinking mid month again, hopefully next week.

I understand, but what this does, is makes sync to race (which they just added in 5.0), and 2-4 slots useless, since it resets back to the previous sessions.
Let's just say it's broken since 5.0 and needs to be fixed. (see, I didn't use the word "bug")

cluck
06-11-2015, 14:50
I believe you then tell us: where is everyone?Playing Project CARS.

Waiting for a miracle patchA miracle patch? What would that be exactly? Because if you're waiting for a patch that fixes every bug (known and/or unknown) and/or introduces every feature that everybody has asked for, you'll be waiting a very long time.

Yorkie065
06-11-2015, 14:54
I understand, but what this does, is makes sync to race (which they just added in 5.0), and 2-4 slots useless, since it resets back to the previous sessions.
This is truly a bug.

So what about mirroring real life races, where qualifying and races are at the same start times but on different days? I get the weather resetting is a little weird and was kind of nice when it carried over, but it's also making sense in some ways. I don't think it makes it useless, especially in longer races, it just changes the way it works/ you setting it up to how it was prior to the patch. This could even be the very first initial early steps in an advancement in the system where you can select the weather settings for individual sessions, something that could possibly come in a future patch?

Stocky
06-11-2015, 15:09
So what about mirroring real life races, where qualifying and races are at the same start times but on different days? I get the weather resetting is a little weird and was kind of nice when it carried over, but it's also making sense in some ways. I don't think it makes it useless, especially in longer races, it just changes the way it works/ you setting it up to how it was prior to the patch. This could even be the very first initial early steps in an advancement in the system where you can select the weather settings for individual sessions, something that could possibly come in a future patch?

Ok, not completely useless.

Our League has made work arounds for most stuff.

MABlosfeld
06-11-2015, 15:41
Playing Project CARS.
A miracle patch? What would that be exactly? Because if you're waiting for a patch that fixes every bug (known and/or unknown) and/or introduces every feature that everybody has asked for, you'll be waiting a very long time.

I play every day visit the forum regularly but I am not connected all day but I appreciate your answer.

maybe but I believe that hope is the last to die

F1_Racer68
06-11-2015, 16:16

It is for this reason that I for one LIKE the new way. To me this is far more realistic. Our league simulates a 24 hour race using time progression. In order to have things work properly with the old weather system, we ended up having to simulate a 34 hour period. When is the last time you saw qualifying for the 24 Hours of le Mans take place at 5:00 am the day of the race? That is what the old system forced onto us.

With the new system, we get a practice session that would occur on the Thursday, a Qualifying session that would occur on the Friday, and a race that spans Saturday and Sunday. NOW it make sense!

So no, in my opinion, 5.0 did NOT break the Time and Weather progression. Quite the opposite, I feel it finally FIXED it.

ermo
06-11-2015, 17:44

My personal guesstimate (i.e. not official at all) is similar to that of Yorkie065; so sometime after the middle of the month. We'll see I guess.

Playing Project CARS.
A miracle patch? What would that be exactly? Because if you're waiting for a patch that fixes every bug (known and/or unknown) and/or introduces every feature that everybody has asked for, you'll be waiting a very long time.

At the very least, some of the features ought to be in pCARS 2? Here's hoping it won't be that long then. ;)

Stocky
06-11-2015, 18:28
It is for this reason that I for one LIKE the new way. To me this is far more realistic. Our league simulates a 24 hour race using time progression. In order to have things work properly with the old weather system, we ended up having to simulate a 34 hour period. When is the last time you saw qualifying for the 24 Hours of le Mans take place at 5:00 am the day of the race? That is what the old system forced onto us.

With the new system, we get a practice session that would occur on the Thursday, a Qualifying session that would occur on the Friday, and a race that spans Saturday and Sunday. NOW it make sense!

So no, in my opinion, 5.0 did NOT break the Time and Weather progression. Quite the opposite, I feel it finally FIXED it.

You're using a single weather slot now and setting up weather & time progression to get your desired effect, correct?

F1_Racer68
06-11-2015, 19:00
You're using a single weather slot now and setting up weather & time progression to get your desired effect, correct?

Using Real Weather, Sync to Race and Time Progression.

My point above was only that I like the fact that each session (Practice, Qualifying, Warmup and Race) reverts to the original start time and that the cycle starts over for each session. For me, that is a more realistic representation of a race weekend.

Stocky
06-11-2015, 19:08
Using Real Weather, Sync to Race and Time Progression.

My point above was only that I like the fact that each session (Practice, Qualifying, Warmup and Race) reverts to the original start time and that the cycle starts over for each session. For me, that is a more realistic representation of a race weekend.

And I understand that. But even if I accepted that, it would mean the same weather sequence & time for practice, the same weather sequence & time for qualifying, and the same weather sequence & time for the race.
Where's the different weather for different days (sessions)?
If I use random weather, if it rains, then goes foggy, then rain again in practice....... every session there on out, will do the exact same sequence.
If I set up clouds, clear, etc..... every session will have that exact same sequence as well, when the session restarts.
That's not realistic either.
I know you found a work around that works well for you, and I managed to find something as well, but with the sessions restarting, leaves less options than we had before.

It's really difficult to use a changing random weather set up.

F1_Racer68
06-11-2015, 19:32
And I understand that. But even if I accepted that, it would mean the same weather sequence & time for practice, the same weather sequence & time for qualifying, and the same weather sequence & time for the race.
Where's the different weather for different days (sessions)?
If I use random weather, if it rains, then goes foggy, then rain again in practice....... every session there on out, will do the exact same sequence.
If I set up clouds, clear, etc..... every session will have that exact same sequence as well, when the session restarts.
That's not realistic either.
I know you found a work around that works well for you, and I managed to find something as well, but with the sessions restarting, leaves less options than we had before.

It's really difficult to use a changing random weather set up.

I can't disagree nor argue with that. Yes, the weather is the same for all sessions and I can see where that can be a concern. In our case, because of the session durations it's less of an issue for us.

Stocky
06-11-2015, 19:34
Do I have to be a member, to click the tabs on your website?
Was going to check it out, since we bump into each other a lot in different threads.

I like that you have a web site.

We have our own forums and team speak, but I'm missing out on all the fun to have a web site for our League.

F1_Racer68
06-11-2015, 19:40
Some info is public, but some is for members only (mainly to force members to log in once in a while :D). You should be able to access our sporting regs, etc. without signing up.

Stocky
06-11-2015, 19:44
When I click on the leagues, and it shows endurance and the other, I can't click it.

Wanted to see your race options and conditions.

It's so much more organized with a web site.

It wasn't easy organizing my forum, keeping the important stuff clean & neat.

Stocky
06-11-2015, 19:46
Never mind, figured it out.

It's Internet Explorer.

I had no problem clicking it with Chrome.

I should go to IE forums, and complain.
Give SMS a break, lol.

Bealdor
06-11-2015, 19:57
The only reason to use IE should be to download the installer for a different browser... ;)

Stocky
06-11-2015, 21:11
Lol

Yorkie065
08-11-2015, 16:08
The only reason to use IE should be to download the installer for a different browser... ;)

Or Sky Go! For some reason Google Chrome was ditched for it and now I HAVE to use IE or Firefox to watch anything on it :S

Jescott71
09-11-2015, 08:25
Or Sky Go! For some reason Google Chrome was ditched for it and now I HAVE to use IE or Firefox to watch anything on it :S

If I remember right, it was something to do with Google Chrome stopping functionality for Microsoft Silverlight, which is what Sky Go used for video playback. I think a few other video sights got hit too.