PDA

View Full Version : NEW logitech Liveries added for FREE!!

SharpEyez
09-10-2015, 11:46
Witness

After the 5.0 update they were in the list:

Ps No I did not bought them. Go check your own library!

Machinist90
09-10-2015, 12:02
kind of unfair to those who paid for it if this is true

cluck
09-10-2015, 12:05
kind of unfair to those who paid for it if this is trueAll PC users who bought it should have already been automatically refunded :) (I know I was)

Roger Prynne
09-10-2015, 12:06
Anyone that has paid for the Logitech Liveries will get refunded.

Edit: I've been cluck'd again.

c172fccc

They were refunded a couple days ago.

Bealdor

Users who already purchased them got refunded AFAIK.

Edit: Wow... Cluck'd, Roger'd and c172'd at the same time.

cluck
09-10-2015, 12:13
Anyone that has paid for the Logitech Liveries will get refunded.

I've been cluck'ed again.

Users who already purchased them got refunded AFAIK.

Edit: Wow... Cluck'd, Roger'd and c172'd at the same time.Everybody needs a good Cluck once in a while :D.

Bealdor
09-10-2015, 12:15
Everybody needs a good Cluck once in a while :D.

http://youtu.be/PPftVQwyPs0

Shinzah
09-10-2015, 12:15
I know I need a good Clucking.

My coop hasn't been roosted in far too long.

Mascot
09-10-2015, 12:24
PC only, or same for consoles?

Bealdor
09-10-2015, 12:26

Should be free for everybody. Could be that it'll take a little longer for consoles to organise though.

KimKom
09-10-2015, 12:37
Advertising for FREE!! :rolleyes:

diesel97
09-10-2015, 12:47

Its on the PSN for free

Mascot
09-10-2015, 12:50
Should be free for everybody. Could be that it'll take a little longer for consoles to organise though.

Thanks.

Why the hell were they charged for in the first place..?

Bealdor
09-10-2015, 12:53
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?39976-Aston-Martin-Track-Expansion!-%28Track-amp-Liveries%29&p=1133457&viewfull=1#post1133457

Shinzah
09-10-2015, 12:53
Why the hell were they charged for in the first place..?

Something unimaginably terrible happened in the universe where in a light breeze a butterfly flapped its wings and a star in M55 exploded knocking out an alien civilization and some of the neutrinos from this explosion, which can travel faster than light, entered the head of someone and briefly disrupted some neurological happenings resulting in this terrible livery catastrophe.

Or at least, as far as I understand.

Roger Prynne
09-10-2015, 12:54
Apparently it was a mistake by Steam.... and some sort of typo?

Yvezz
09-10-2015, 13:04
Liveries are gone from the steam store.
They are not in the dlc list either.

Shinzah
09-10-2015, 13:06
Liveries are gone from the steam store.
They are not in the dlc list either.

Give some time for the storefront to update. The liveries have just (probably) appeared for those who were refunded for them via Steam. Or may be in some regional storefronts that update at different times.

Mr.Smoke
09-10-2015, 14:19

No, its unfair to those who bought the Logitech wheels & were under the assumption they were "exclusive" as advertised. They should come at a price for those who didnt buy the G29/G920.

These days there is no such thing as "exclusive" in games anymore.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
09-10-2015, 15:40
These days there is no such thing as "exclusive" in games anymore.And a good thing too! =)

Mr.Smoke
09-10-2015, 17:31
And a good thing too! =)

According to your opinion.

NemethR
09-10-2015, 17:34
And a good thing too! =)

In your opinion.

Shinzah
09-10-2015, 17:34
I understand and respect both points of view ^^;

cluck
09-10-2015, 17:38
Exclusives are, by their very nature, devisive sales tools. They might well generate more sales through retail (which is why some retailers like specific exclusive packages) but they can divide communities and, as such, I'm with Jussi on this, exclusives are bad for the consumer in the long run. Hence why most "exclusives" are "time limited exclusives". I can only dream of the day that all developers/studios/marketers took a stand and stated, when announcing that xyz feature is exclusive, that it is definitively exclusive or is time-limited exclusive.

I understand and respect both points of view ^^;In your opinion.

:p

Shinzah
09-10-2015, 17:45
In your opinion.

:p

But that wasn't really an....

:|

https://media.giphy.com/media/13JC8priIIWgq4/giphy.gif

09-10-2015, 18:24
According to your opinion.

In your opinion.Indeed, in my opinion. I can easily understand exclusives in the physical world, but much less so in the virtual.

Mr.Smoke
09-10-2015, 20:11
Indeed, in my opinion. I can easily understand exclusives in the physical world, but much less so in the virtual.

But when something is labelled as an exclusive, it should be exactly that, as "advertised". When said "exclusive" becomes available to the general public shortly thereafter at NO cost, its going completely opposite of being exclusive & in my opinion is false advertising.

09-10-2015, 20:40
Indeed, it is false advertising. I'm just saying that I think it's great that things like this aren't exclusive, but I do think the way they're touted by Logi etc. is pretty crappy. And for the record, I didn't mind paying for the Logitech skins either, I bought them as soon as I saw them for sale.

For me, things like this shouldn't be exclusive, only available through some sort of package deal with a product like a wheel (many of us already have our own, better ones), but I do agree that they don't have to be available for free to everyone after a while. If they're for free, like they're now, they should have originally been marketed as "get early access to such and such", rather than getting them exclusively. After all, if someone can just directly buy the pack anyway, then they're not really exclusive either. And that's the bit I like, that they're not exclusive, not that they're available to us for free.

Mr.Smoke
09-10-2015, 22:13
Totally agree. I couldnt care less that they are available to the public, but they should not be free.

Flihp
09-10-2015, 23:26
check the install date on it. early May.

Shinzah
09-10-2015, 23:41
check the install date on it. early May.

The install date will reflect when you registered the game on Steam.

Mine for example says July 5th, 2013.

Given your forum account was registered in May. I'm willing to place a bet the date that is your livery DLC install is the day you bought the game.

Flihp
10-10-2015, 00:08
yes 11th May, so then, free contents such as these logitech liveries will always install as a May 2015 thing?

Shinzah
10-10-2015, 00:15
yes 11th May, so then, free contents such as these logitech liveries will always install as a May 2015 thing?

If they are given to you, yes. If you get them from the storefront it should register as the date you got it.

VanquishedVantage
10-10-2015, 00:37
The install date will reflect when you registered the game on Steam.

Mine for example says July 5th, 2013.

Given your forum account was registered in May. I'm willing to place a bet the date that is your livery DLC install is the day you bought the game.

I apparently registered DOTA 2 on December 31st, 1969.

Wow, ok...

Shinzah
10-10-2015, 00:42
I apparently registered DOTA 2 on December 31st, 1969.

Wow, ok...

I don't know how it works for other games...

I'm pretty sure 31/12/69 is the minimum date steam allows, though. I've seen it before.

VanquishedVantage
10-10-2015, 00:43

I'm pretty sure 31/12/69 is the minimum date steam allows, though. I've seen it before.

Atleast my birthday (December 23rd) is pretty close though. :p

Anyway, back on topic.

Mascot
10-10-2015, 06:41
Totally agree. I couldnt care less that they are available to the public, but they should not be free.

Curious as to why you think this, unless the 'free' liveries were a factor, however minuscule, behind you buying your G29 (which I highly doubt is the case).

Cheesenium
10-10-2015, 07:10
Curious as to why you think this, unless the 'free' liveries were a factor, however minuscule, behind you buying your G29 (which I highly doubt is the case).

I dont even understand why it shouldnt be free.

If you went out and bought a G29 solely for these liveries, I think you should go see a doctor. It was an added bonus for new Logitech wheel buyers. In the mean time, it is just a bunch of skins that I dont think it even worth the time to get sour over it.

SMS kept the liveries exclusive for Logitech buyers, people complain why should content be exclusive.
SMS charged $4 for liveries, people complain it is too expensive.
SMS now released it for free for everyone, still there are people complaining that it should be exclusive forever for a bunch of skins.

You really cant please everyone, I guess.

Invincible
10-10-2015, 07:19
Pleasing everyone is like having a dozen girlfriends at once who hate each other. It isn't going to work.

Shinzah
10-10-2015, 07:40
Namco charged $4 for liveries, people complain it is too expensive.

SMS *didn't* want this.

Pleasing everyone is like having a dozen girlfriends at once who hate each other. It isn't going to work.

I don't know, the Mormons get on well, and there was always Charles Manson...

Machinist90
10-10-2015, 08:47
aha yes I see the refund,superb,thank you

Kroegtijgertje
10-10-2015, 08:58
I don't see the livery pack on my Steam DLC list.

Roger Prynne
10-10-2015, 11:05

Cheesenium
10-10-2015, 11:29
SMS *didn't* want this.

Well, regardless its who put a price tag on liveries, it is pretty much show that SMS just couldnt please everyone.

TassyDevil
10-10-2015, 11:31

Roger, not that it really worries me but I do not show that DLC in my list.

Robhd
10-10-2015, 12:31
I personally wouldn't pay for essentially existing content with a different paint job...

This stinks of a very old marketing custom known as the ripoff!

Also, as previously noted you are essentially being asked to pay for the privilige of advertsing a third parties product where in a straight thinking world they should be paying us to use them

Imo

EmilGlockner
10-10-2015, 12:52
I personally wouldn't pay for essentially existing content with a different paint job...

This stinks of a very old marketing custom known as the ripoff!

Also, as previously noted you are essentially being asked to pay for the privilige of advertsing a third parties product where in a straight thinking world they should be paying us to use them

Imo

You are wrong. Your opinion or not, it would be a ripoff if the game wasn't working without it. But since the game will be perfectly fine with or without the liveries you are free to not buy it.
What you are failing to see is that they do not just appear out of thin air. Someone made them. And that someone likes to get paid, and so on...

Cheesenium
10-10-2015, 13:01
If you had made a livery using photoshop, you'll know much much work these livery take to make. Someone needs to get paid for making them.

It was a mistake that it was listed up on sale. Not like SMS is intended to rip you off.

kpf480
10-10-2015, 13:03
Not showing up on mine at all. Thanks SMS for all your time and effort spent into making this game the best.

Excited about IndyCar. Can't wait

Mr.Smoke
10-10-2015, 13:17

Due to them being labelled & advertised as an "exclusive". They were not a factor for me in purchasing the G29, just a bonus. Something issued to customers as a "thank you" for purchasing their product should not be given to everyone for free a few months later.

Cheesenium
10-10-2015, 13:27
Due to them being labelled & advertised as an "exclusive". They were not a factor for me in purchasing the G29, just a bonus. Something issued to customers as a "thank you" for purchasing their product should not be given to everyone for free a few months later.

There are plenty of pre-order "exclusives" for AAA games that were either made available for purchase or became free, the word "exclusive" was never explained properly because most of the time, it only means the content is timed exclusive.

I really do not understand why people are so sour over a 8 skin pack that used to be a timed exclusive. Each car with fictional liveries in the game is shipped with 20 liveries, it is very hard to run out of liveries while seeing the same one in large grid is reasonably rare to happen.

Robhd
10-10-2015, 13:43
You are wrong. Your opinion or not, it would be a ripoff if the game wasn't working without it. But since the game will be perfectly fine with or without the liveries you are free to not buy it.
What you are failing to see is that they do not just appear out of thin air. Someone made them. And that someone likes to get paid, and so on...

Sorry Emil,

I just doin't agree... If they want cash then it should be for real new content not just rehashing the same thing over again..Or we could just lend up having 20 versions of the same damn car a la Forza... A pointless exercise but a great cash cow!

Would you buy a car magazine with the same content but a different cover month after month... Figured not!

Mascot
10-10-2015, 13:49

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is "glad to see my fellow Project CARS brothers can also share and enjoy these free liveries that I've already admitted were not a factor in me purchasing the G29".

:)

Shinzah
10-10-2015, 13:52
Sorry Emil,

I just doin't agree... If they want cash then it should be for real new content not just rehashing the same thing over again..Or we could just lend up having 20 versions of the same damn car a la Forza... A pointless exercise but a great cash cow!

Would you buy a car magazine with the same content but a different cover month after month... Figured not!

"Real" New content.

Please tell Jan and the rest of the art team that they do a literally fictional job on their fictional skins and that it isn't "real" content.

EmilGlockner
10-10-2015, 14:27

Sorry Emil,

Like I said, no-one is forcing you to buy it = no ripoff. If you don't want it, don't buy it. It really is that simple.
And it works the same with that car magazine you mentioned. If I don't want it I wouldn't buy it. Crazy, I know.

Shinzah
10-10-2015, 14:29
*squishes Emil's face*

https://33.media.tumblr.com/0fc6eeae549b22f6c8f1299bb87ec559/tumblr_ngfhd5rByF1tob22ao1_500.gif

Mr.Smoke
10-10-2015, 15:28
That's one way of looking at it. Another way is "glad to see my fellow Project CARS brothers can also share and enjoy these free liveries that I've already admitted were not a factor in me purchasing the G29".

:)

Like ive said, i have nothing against them being available for the rest of the community. Them being offered for free is where it begins to irritate me a bit.

10-10-2015, 15:45
I personally wouldn't pay for essentially existing content with a different paint job...Stay away from RRRE then, last time I checked you have to buy every livery separately.

Shinzah
10-10-2015, 15:47
I guess SMS can just fire the artists now.

I guess everyone can have any colour car they like.

As long as it's hot neon pink.

Mascot
10-10-2015, 15:56
Like ive said, i have nothing against them being available for the rest of the community. Them being offered for free is where it begins to irritate me a bit.

Where do you want me to send the money? ;)

3800racingfool
10-10-2015, 16:06
Previously on "As the Forum Turns":

The Logitech skins should be free! Why should we have to pay to advertise somebodies brand!?! It's wrong! It's terrible! We demand that they be free!

*cut to today's episode*

The Logitech skins shouldn't be free! Why should other people get them for nothing when we paid for a wheel and got them as a bonus!?! It's wrong! It's terrible! We demand that people pay for them!

10-10-2015, 16:30

*cut to today's episode*A prime example of "people who are happy are less likely to mention being happy than people who are not happy mentioning that they are unhappy".

Shinzah
10-10-2015, 16:34

*cut to today's episode*

Like spam in the other folder, these are the posts of our lives.

Neil Bateman
10-10-2015, 16:49
Its the same as any item that is used as a promotion to encourage people into buying your product, does not matter what it is, its an offer at that time for a limited time and once that time limit has passed then the company is free to distribute whatever it wants for whatever price it wants even if it means it being free.

Your making it sound like this is the first time anything like this has ever happened.

slider916
10-10-2015, 17:32
My game updated, and they aren't in the DLC list.

vahagn_hayk
10-10-2015, 17:37
nothing on Steam for US side of things, no liveries for Logitech as you guys have it. (at least searching for Logitech and DLC part of pcars in Steam brings no results)

vahagn_hayk
10-10-2015, 17:40

is this maybe only available in the UK? due to the fact that SMS is based in the UK? (maybe???)

Sampo
10-10-2015, 18:08
I see Roger got them on the 7th. I got them on the 8th. Maybe it's an ongoing process until everyone has them?

Beatminister
11-10-2015, 11:44
It is available for free on PSN now (Germany).

vahagn_hayk
11-10-2015, 16:12
hope it is for free! and for free all over the world for everyone! liveries always welcome! like it a lot!

FS7
11-10-2015, 20:03
It is available for free on PSN now (Germany).
It's available for free in US & UK PS Store too:

US
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/logitech-livery-pack/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-00000LOGITECHLIV

UK
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/logitech-livery-pack/cid=EP0700-CUSA00940_00-00000LOGITECHLIV

vahagn_hayk
11-10-2015, 21:18
It's available or free in US & UK too:

US
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/logitech-livery-pack/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-00000LOGITECHLIV

UK
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/logitech-livery-pack/cid=EP0700-CUSA00940_00-00000LOGITECHLIV
see my platform (PC)! consoles yes available. (on Steam not available in US)

Kroegtijgertje
13-10-2015, 16:27
Still no liveries on Steam

Charger
13-10-2015, 18:07

What about the people that own Logitech wheels like G25/G27 etc? Your way of thinking is like Sky and BT and all the other companies that once you are with them you can't avail of the new offers that come up that are for new customers only, look after the customers you have and give them the same offers you give new customers!

Mr.Smoke
13-10-2015, 18:14
What about the people that own Logitech wheels like G25/G27 etc? Your way of thinking is like Sky and BT and all the other companies that once you are with them you can't avail of the new offers that come up that are for new customers only, look after the customers you have and give them the same offers you give new customers!

Broken logic there by offering them for free to people who arent & wont be Logitech customers. I do understand your POV, i just dont completely agree with it.

Charger
13-10-2015, 18:43
I was talking specifically about Logitech customers new or old, if they don't offer it to customers who own their old products then it should be free to everyone, just because I bought my wheel years ago doesn't mean I am not supporting Logitech, I own a G25, G9x, G700 and a headset and I my next wheel will probably be Logitech just not a G29.

Schnizz58
13-10-2015, 19:15

Pretty common. Midnight on 1970.01.01 is when ctime (Unix time, whatever you want to call it) began.

Shinzah
13-10-2015, 20:36
Pretty common. Midnight on 1970.01.01 is when ctime (Unix time, whatever you want to call it) began.

Am well aware of this =)

Schnizz58
13-10-2015, 20:40
Am well aware of this =)
Well did you know that it's really annoying to play poker with Kenny Rogers?

Shinzah
13-10-2015, 20:42
Well did you know that it's really annoying to play poker with Kenny Rogers?

He knows when to hold em.
And he knows when to fold em.
He knows when to walk away.
And he knows when to run.

John Hargreaves
13-10-2015, 21:52
Look, there'll be time enough for counting when the dealing's done

Rayge
13-10-2015, 23:40
So American Steam users don't have the liveries yet?

diesel97
14-10-2015, 00:05
He knows when to hold em.
And he knows when to fold em.
He knows when to walk away.
And he knows when to run.

As you have said many time's before "can we keep this thread on topic"

vahagn_hayk
14-10-2015, 03:55
So American Steam users don't have the liveries yet?

nope still nothing.

Shinzah
14-10-2015, 03:57
As you have said many time's before "can we keep this thread on topic"

Where's my picture.

Oh yeah. There it is.

http://i.imgur.com/znm8G2B.jpg

konnos
19-10-2015, 10:02
So everyone should have the liveries in their DLC packs now? Cause mine are still not there, EU not USA

TheDorStor
01-11-2015, 16:21
I noticed that the Logitech Liveries are available in my game. I don't have it in my DLC list in Steam as some of you reported, but they are there.
Odd thing is, I can't choose them like a normal livery but when I choose 'random', they will show up eventually. (Tested with Pagani Zonda R and another car wich I can't remember)

Anyone else experiencing this?

(btw. I didn't buy a Logitech Wheel recently wich the Liveries might have come with, although i DO use a Logitech Driving Force GT wich i bought a while before pCars.)

maurice-pascale
01-11-2015, 16:27
I noticed that the Logitech Liveries are available in my game. I don't have it in my DLC list in Steam as some of you reported, but they are there.
Odd thing is, I can't choose them like a normal livery but when I choose 'random', they will show up eventually. (Tested with Pagani Zonda R and another car wich I can't remember)

Anyone else experiencing this?

(btw. I didn't buy a Logitech Wheel recently wich the Liveries might have come with, although i DO use a Logitech Driving Force GT wich i bought a while before pCars.)

On steam everything for Pcars, which is free, get automatic downloaded by steam when available in the store.....

Some people said that here

Plage
01-11-2015, 16:53
I got it for free and as date added it says 31st of July on Steam which is the date I purchased the game. It's even listed in before the Limited Edition Car Pack.

Like I've said in the other thread already it should have been given away for free right from the start. I can see that it was branded "exclusive" to sell the wheels but in most such cases this only means exclusive for a certain period of time. An other thing that makes this case here a little different compared to others where "exclusive" content is and was given away is that the livery pack was from an other gaming related company and is basically advertisement and not really comparable to any of the "premium" aircrafts, tanks or in this case here DLC cars and tracks you normally get. I've Logitech equipment of maybe 500,- sitting right in front of me and if Logitech has something like this pack I actually expect to get it for free but that's maybe just my point of view.