PDA

View Full Version : Tx wheel problem

Nickname85
09-10-2015, 17:39
I am having trouble with my brand new (sorta) thrustmaster tx...

I bought my tx a week ago (it's a 2013 model, so not the new separate base) and that one was broking when it got delivered. I could use it for a few hours and it died on me. It just went out and did not turn on again (didn't even calibrate/no lights went on).
I returned it to the shop where I bought it (online) and they replaced it with another one, that I got today.

Al seemed to be oke, because I could update it without problems and it calibrates everytime i turn it on. BUT... every time, when it is turned on, the wheel works for 30 seconds (give or take- I timed it ) and then it doesn't give any input to the console. Nothing, not in menu, not in the game. Weird thing is that every light is on, and I can use the button combination to turn on the fan. But in game it doesn't give any input!

Does somebody know a workaround for this? I already called thrustmaster, they where very willing to help, but ended with "it must be your console".

Only other site where this problem is mentioned is forza forum, without any solution... So I thought, let's give this forum a try.

Thanks in advance!

Haiden
09-10-2015, 18:49
I am having trouble with my brand new (sorta) thrustmaster tx...

I bought my tx a week ago (it's a 2013 model, so not the new separate base) and that one was broking when it got delivered. I could use it for a few hours and it died on me. It just went out and did not turn on again (didn't even calibrate/no lights went on).
I returned it to the shop where I bought it (online) and they replaced it with another one, that I got today.

Al seemed to be oke, because I could update it without problems and it calibrates everytime i turn it on. BUT... every time, when it is turned on, the wheel works for 30 seconds (give or take- I timed it ) and then it doesn't give any input to the console. Nothing, not in menu, not in the game. Weird thing is that every light is on, and I can use the button combination to turn on the fan. But in game it doesn't give any input!

Does somebody know a workaround for this? I already called thrustmaster, they where very willing to help, but ended with "it must be your console".

Only other site where this problem is mentioned is forza forum, without any solution... So I thought, let's give this forum a try.

Thanks in advance!

I've heard people mention problems with the breakaway cable causing the connection to drop. I never that problem with my TX, but quite a few others have.

Crookk
09-10-2015, 18:51
Does it show you're using the wheel in the Controls settings in the PCars menus? Does the wheel show up in the devices and accessories menu in Xbox's settings?
Does the wheel work for longer periods of time when you connect the wheel to your PC and check if the input is registered in the control-panel?
Are you not using the New Xbox Experience from the preview program?

You could try resetting the consoles USB ports as described here:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00148.pdf
Also make sure all cables are connected correctly, maybe one of them isn't making a proper connection.
You could also try a hard reboot on the Xbox by pressing the power button for 10 seconds, or even a factory reset of the console.
It's quite possible you were unlucky enough to get another defective wheel, the best way to rule that out is by seeing if the wheel works on another device, like your computer.

PTG Baby Cow
09-10-2015, 20:06
Soudns like you are booting it using the pad and the pad is taking over. Boot the xbox up plug in the wheel, do not even turn on the controller and see if u have the same issues.

Nickname85
09-10-2015, 20:31
Thanks for al the reply. I have tried all of the things stated above. Also I checked on pc and in thrustmaster control panel everything works, that's what makes it strange.
Also iItried it with my controller unplugged (batteries out of controller) but it's still the same. After hard reset of console (usb reset) the wheel works for 30 seconds and then stops giving input. My last update of xbox is from 9/9, and I'm not in preview group.

PTG Baby Cow
09-10-2015, 20:33
I had an issue with my first wheel which you may also be hacing. They have issues with the power supply. Unfortunately they didnt just make the cord removable like a lap top or pc so they need to replace the base if still under warranty. Contact wherever you purchased your wheel from first, maybe they have one in stock they will send to you and you can let them deal with thrustmaster. Otherwise expect to wait around 1 month to get a replacement.

STEELJOCKEY
09-10-2015, 22:39
When you start the game and get to the log in screen, where it shows 'A' to log in, hit the 'menu' button on the wheel instead, the one with the 3 horizontal lines. This makes the wheel the default device for driving. If you hit the 'A' button Xbox thinks the controller should be the default device. Other workaround is if this happens, turn off the controller, the game will ask to reconnect, hit 'A' on the wheel, then restart controller afterwards.

Simplest method is always log in to game using the menu buttons, works perfect every time, and on the NXOE must do it this way as wheel not even recognised on dashboard.

SwiftyJ
10-10-2015, 17:06
I had the same problem but got my TX replaced.

Have a read of this thread, it may provide useful: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32233-Sudden-Problem-with-My-TX-Wheel

Definitely try replacing the breakaway USB part of the cable

Dynomight Motorsports
12-10-2015, 02:41
Are you pressing Start instead of A at the title screen? also before you go into the game make sure you go up to your profile in the upper left and corner and select Choose this Person before going starting the game up.

Nickname85
12-10-2015, 15:28
Thanks for the reply. My problem is that after (almost exactly) 30 seconds the wheel stops giving input the the xbox. It doesn't matter I am in game or at xbox menu. So when iIget into the project cars menu, after resetting my xbox, the 30 seconds are already over, so I can't press any button.