PDA

View Full Version : Wheel swaying - centering spring?

Apoov
10-10-2015, 20:30
Still trying to get my new t300 wheel to my liking. The most annoying thing I have not been able to get rid of is the springy wheel when I let go of it. I've reduced the spring saturation to 75 which helped some. So when driving fast in a straight line, turning the wheel and then letting go, results in the wheel swaying back and forth as it's trying to center itself.
Any suggestions?

Fre.Mo
10-10-2015, 20:37
Spring saturation parameter is for low speed.
Try to lower ffb and increase tyre force.

Apoov
10-10-2015, 20:45
Spring saturation parameter is for low speed.

I'm using Jack Spades settings. He suggests always keeping the ffb at 100 and only lowering the tire force if the ffb feels too heavy...

Edit: My Ffb is actually 75 (PS4) since I read somewhere that it's the same as 100 on PC. Tire force at 65.

SGETI
11-10-2015, 01:10
Here is a link for numerous settings. As you will find, The FFB will all come down to personnel preference. good luck.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37548-Post-3-0-T300-wheel-settings-post-you-preferred-settings

Umer Ahmad
11-10-2015, 01:36
Generally for this lroblem reduce TYRE FORCES

wahwah
11-10-2015, 03:37
I'm using Jack Spades settings. He suggests always keeping the ffb at 100 and only lowering the tire force if the ffb feels too heavy...

Edit: My Ffb is actually 75 (PS4) since I read somewhere that it's the same as 100 on PC. Tire force at 65.

FFB master on consoles is slightly different to how it works on PC. On PC, there is a driver in software that sets the final output to the wheel, so they have an extra in-game master, which is the one Jack is referring to. We should treat our FFB master control on consoles as if it were the the one in the driver on PC. This setting is device dependent, and needs to be set appropriate to the wheel. This has been conformed by Tim Mann, Console Lead for SMS, when I asked him about the FFB master on consoles. This was his reply.

Hi, there is only the one control on PS4 which covers the entire range from off to full, you should set it appropriately for your device.

Tim

The default setting for the T300 is 75, we can consider that the appropriate setting for the FFB master on consoles.

Rather than lowering all Tire Forces and losing important lateral and vertical information, try experimenting with lowering just the in-car Mz or 'tire twisting' force for the 'speed wobble' problem. I have only really noticed this on the higher downforce cars, like the more powerful open wheelers. For road cars, a higher Mz gives much more 'road contact' feel. The open wheelers seem to need less of this Mz force, so you can experiment with lowering it and still have reasonable road contact.

Apoov
11-10-2015, 08:18
So is there someone that does not have this effect?
I guess tuning down either tyre force or the Mz which is the twisting force of the tyre, would lessen this effect but I think both of them are crucial to get the correct feel out of ffb. Tuning tyre force down would be like having a week ffb wheel, which the t300 isn't. So the Mz would be a better choice. Although tuning that down is not ideal either, since thats important info also. So I'm guessing there's no real "correction" to this?

Fre.Mo
11-10-2015, 09:03

Did you try this? I have TF 70 and FFB 40 and I now don t have the fast and strong centering effect anymore on my T500...

Apoov
11-10-2015, 09:16
Did you try this? I have TF 70 and FFB 40 and I now don t have the fast and strong centering effect anymore on my T500...

I'll try that later tonight.

GTsimms
11-10-2015, 09:19
Take a look at my settings in signature and post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=1144422&viewfull=1#post1144422), which pwm/pwms are the only real settings to counter the effect!

Apoov
11-10-2015, 09:51
Take a look at my settings in signature and post (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files&p=1144422&viewfull=1#post1144422), which pwm/pwms are the only real settings to counter the effect!

Thanks! I'll try those also later.

Apoov
11-10-2015, 18:42
So I tried every suggestion... Non of them completely removed the springy wheel. Lowering the master ffb came closest. I'm not willing to lighten the ffb so that would not work. Changing the pwm/pwms made no difference and lowering the Mz took away too much of the nice twisting feel. So I guess I just have to live with a little bounciness unless someone has any better ideas?

Sum Dixon-Ear
11-10-2015, 19:16
I used to get this on my Fanatec Elite, I think I cured it by adding in some Deadzone Removal Range.

Apoov
12-10-2015, 06:41
I used to get this on my Fanatec Elite, I think I cured it by adding in some Deadzone Removal Range.

Just to make sure. Was your problem that the wheel would star wobbling when driving in a staight line or when releasin the wheel after turning? Mine won't wobble when driving staight, only when releasing the wheel after turning.

Sum Dixon-Ear
12-10-2015, 14:02
Pretty sure it was just on straights mate.

Liquid7394
12-10-2015, 16:27
Just to make sure. Was your problem that the wheel would star wobbling when driving in a staight line or when releasin the wheel after turning? Mine won't wobble when driving staight, only when releasing the wheel after turning.
You mean the wheel wobbles when it centers itself?

Apoov
13-10-2015, 04:19
You mean the wheel wobbles when it centers itself?

Exactly.
I have managed to get rid of it almost completely by raising the per wheel movement to 0.07.
Thanks to everyone for helping!