PDA

View Full Version : Remco, where are you?

Knightfall
11-10-2015, 03:28
This morning, while some workers are redoing the floor in my office, I decided to put on some headphones and do a 20 lap race at Spa to pass the time. I played on 90 AI since I was using my favorite car (Marek LMP1), where I normally play on 75 or 80 depending on car/track.

I put myself 6th on the grid, and set off to race. Right off the start, I took several positions and ended up in 3rd. After crushing Eau Rouge, and making a great move midway through Les Combes I found myself in second. Took me about 15 seconds to realize I was behind Remco Van Dijk, who was holding P1.

For the next 7 laps I chased you... and chased you... and chased you down. Finally, on lap 9 I caught the slipstream. I tried to make a move through the chicane, but failed- you defended it well. I had to tell myself there was no connection from you on the forum, and this single player race, and you were not "red misting" me from an infraction handed out a month ago or so...

Then, at La Source I made my move. As you tried to take the inside, I took more of the inside and wedged by you. I dont know if it was me tapping you, or your destroyed tires, or a combination of both, but you went into the wall and slowed down. I didn't see you, or anyone else for that matter :cool: for the rest of the race.

The remaining 10 laps gave me time to reflect on how great the race was, and that I needed to tell you how I battled your single player persona.

Oh yeah.. Remco, and the rest of the SMS gang... thanks for making such an amazing game.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-10-2015, 04:01
That's mighty praise for a "mere" moderator, even if he is a Super Moderator. =)

Shinzah
11-10-2015, 04:03
Superator®

Knightfall
11-10-2015, 16:14
Superator®

That's mighty praise for a "mere" moderator, even if he is a Super Moderator. =)

Wasn't sure if he was mod or part of the dev team, but either way he happened to be the one in first.

Its pretty neat that the names of people involved are the guys you race against in single player.

John Hargreaves
11-10-2015, 17:42
I raced against my AI self once, that was weird. And I got beaten.

Shinzah
11-10-2015, 17:44
I like to think that all of Gold and Red and Green names were part of the dev team with the boldy Blue names, too. In some way ^^;

I haven't seen myself yet. But I had a twitter follower message me and tell me he raced against me. I was so prideful ^^;

Knightfall
11-10-2015, 17:48
I have noticed your name perhaps the most. Sadly, no epic races to my memory to date... yet.

I have seen Ian Bell once, but he qualified 16/20. Never got to see him in the race. Yet.

Shinzah
11-10-2015, 17:50
Ian has to run a development team and drive a race car at the same time, at least he was better than four other drivers XD

Invincible
11-10-2015, 18:12
I've had some pretty thrilling races with the devs and mods too. One on the Nordschleife comes to my mind. Stuck in second place behind Casey, Roger Prynne in my back. In the end I finished third because of a lost wheel nut (really, can someone please fire this idiot who loses them all!?) two seconds behind Roger.
After all it was a really awesome and long race (20 lapper in GT4).

Sankyo
11-10-2015, 18:54
This morning, while some workers are redoing the floor in my office, I decided to put on some headphones and do a 20 lap race at Spa to pass the time. I played on 90 AI since I was using my favorite car (Marek LMP1), where I normally play on 75 or 80 depending on car/track.

I put myself 6th on the grid, and set off to race. Right off the start, I took several positions and ended up in 3rd. After crushing Eau Rouge, and making a great move midway through Les Combes I found myself in second. Took me about 15 seconds to realize I was behind Remco Van Dijk, who was holding P1.

For the next 7 laps I chased you... and chased you... and chased you down. Finally, on lap 9 I caught the slipstream. I tried to make a move through the chicane, but failed- you defended it well. I had to tell myself there was no connection from you on the forum, and this single player race, and you were not "red misting" me from an infraction handed out a month ago or so...

Then, at La Source I made my move. As you tried to take the inside, I took more of the inside and wedged by you. I dont know if it was me tapping you, or your destroyed tires, or a combination of both, but you went into the wall and slowed down. I didn't see you, or anyone else for that matter :cool: for the rest of the race.

The remaining 10 laps gave me time to reflect on how great the race was, and that I needed to tell you how I battled your single player persona.

Oh yeah.. Remco, and the rest of the SMS gang... thanks for making such an amazing game.
Yeah, you'll be hearing from the Stewards about that incident...

:)
Nice to see that I'm in there, never saw myself until now :)

Invincible
11-10-2015, 18:58
Yeah, you'll be hearing from the Stewards about that incident...

:)
Nice to see that I'm in there, never saw myself until now :)

Really? I must've seen you in-game at least ten times by now.

John Hargreaves
11-10-2015, 19:25
Yeah, definitely been beaten by AI Remco, tonight I did a great FA race at Hockenheim only to be beaten into second by one Steven
Viljoen

VanquishedVantage
11-10-2015, 20:14
It sucks I have to miss out on this because my goddamn PC parts haven't came in yet...