PDA

View Full Version : Is this game dead online?

TKMSte66
11-10-2015, 08:32
Hey guys im on the xbox and yesterday I couldnt find any games. Has Forza 6 killed Pcars online or is this just a problem for me? Its a shame if it has.:(

Im looking for fair people to race. Add me? PLASTIKMAN66

N0body Of The Goat
11-10-2015, 08:53
Check your server search filter, patch 4.0 on PC defaulted to "current" car (see top right of screen), instead of "any."

This default has been changed to "any" in PC patch 5.0.

TKMSte66
11-10-2015, 08:59
Check your server search filter, patch 4.0 on PC defaulted to "current" car (see top right of screen), instead of "any."

This default has been changed to "any" in PC patch 5.0.

Thanks. I'll check that out in a bit. Could be as all I could find the other day was GT3

maurice-pascale
11-10-2015, 09:09
Yeah a bit strange.....i bought 2 days ago PS plus for all of my games and tryed it at Pcars...first i just found 2 servers to play on Gt3...then i joined and the first thing what happened was a rammer who crashed into me in qualifying.....then i searched another server and the same shit happened.....jjst rammers how it seems.....

i quit the game and started star wars battlefront.........

never saw so an terrible online game like Pcars......why is it so extrem.....i just wanted to have little fun at a race with some other dudes....always thought online it makes more fun....but now it seems like the AI are better drivers....

i just hope for fixes there.......the first thing i saw was a guy who make it to his life job, to crash and destroy things in a online Race......wtf!

azidahaka
11-10-2015, 12:20
Get in organized leagues or Championship.

Random online is unplayable with the idiots in it!

Gibbon
11-10-2015, 13:11
Yup, the population is just too small to reach the point of critical mass required to have healthy public lobby population. A million copies sold sounds a lot but when you bear in mind Forza four sold over four times that in the first month of release (on one platform, not spread across three) and IIRC at least 2 million of those were at least connected to the internet you start to see why there are problems with it here.

This actually a rather good game in comparison to the forza series but it faces a terrible dilemma. If you go the route of making it have a broader appeal you attract a large number of monkeys and the "serious" crowd don't want to know. Too inaccessible and you limit the appeal.
The day a well marketed sim arrives that is accessible to 12 year olds yet has the features and the depth to reward the obsessives amongst us I will take it as a sign of the second coming and retreat to my bunker to await Armageddon.

Gibbon

VanquishedVantage
11-10-2015, 13:27
This is why I play single player.

azidahaka
11-10-2015, 13:38
The best would have been cross-platform multiplayer, but it's impossible.

So get a group of friends and make some good serie, here on gtplanet, certainly in other places too

Umer Ahmad
11-10-2015, 14:14
The best would have been cross-platform multiplayer, but it's impossible.

So get a group of friends and make some good serie, here on gtplanet, certainly in other places too
Not impossible! The day is approaching when XB1 and WIN10 pc players can compete against each other. One game already supports this but I'm not sure it when/if it will be available for pCARS but I'm sure it's something SMS will be keen to support.

balderz002
11-10-2015, 15:53
I know its a different game, but War Thunder mixes their PS4 players with PC. Quite successfully imo.

Once I am upto speed with my new wheel, I may dabble in multiplayer.

ex_
13-10-2015, 20:51
Not impossible! The day is approaching when XB1 and WIN10 pc players can compete against each other. One game already supports this but I'm not sure it when/if it will be available for pCARS but I'm sure it's something SMS will be keen to support.

also, CAPCOM has announced that its games will be cross-platform online multiplayer from here on out, to which MS declined to take part... so, just a nail for M$, it's not like gamers will ever stop playing Street Fighter...

but SMS doesn't have that bargaining power (yet). Someday, hopefully cross-platform will be the norm.

VanquishedVantage
13-10-2015, 21:46
also, CAPCOM has announced that its games will be cross-platform online multiplayer from here on out, to which MS declined to take part... so, just a nail for M$, it's not like gamers will ever stop playing Street Fighter...

but SMS doesn't have that bargaining power (yet). Someday, hopefully cross-platform will be the norm.
Doesn't Rocket League have cross-platform MP?

odemode
13-10-2015, 22:20
I have a very competitve and clean league I run on a Friday evening. Details in sig

Udd-
13-10-2015, 23:07
Doesn't Rocket League have cross-platform MP?

Yes it does.

Gravit8
13-10-2015, 23:47
Yes

apexatspeed
14-10-2015, 00:08
On PS4 I regularly have full lobbies. What kind of cars are you trying to drive?

nwrlchargerl
14-10-2015, 00:14
Depends what time of day you go on, I'm in the UK and before 10am I can't find a game with more than 3 people in it. Get on about 5 or 6pm, it's pretty full then.

SUBGTRACER
14-10-2015, 00:26
It is losing steam ......

ex_
14-10-2015, 01:56
when the bashers stop playing, that is the best time for the clean racers to double-down and do more racing online. just wait for them to clear out, then we're good ;)