PDA

View Full Version : Engine temperature.

tclancey
11-10-2015, 19:13
Could we have a small engine temperature gauge on the telemetry screen please?

Jens Schmitt
11-10-2015, 19:48
Why doyou want this? Gt3and other race cars have it in the display. And street cars have it too but thats arewater temps?

Gravit8
11-10-2015, 20:08
Why doyou want this? Gt3and other race cars have it in the display. And street cars have it too but thats arewater temps?

Why? So people know what's up with their car. Formula rookie is a good example. Two gauges in it that do nothing, or randomly move, but give no information.
Why randomly move if it doesn't indicate anything. The one on right seems like a clock with two hands that glitch out.

tclancey
11-10-2015, 20:37
Thank you Gravit8. You've replied with a lot of my concerns. But/And, I'm sure I'm not the only person who isn't sooo hardcore we don't use the cockpit view and there's no indication of engine temp on the HUD dial.

It's a tiny little ask, which to those expert drivers will mean nothing, but to those without the expert knowledge will mean a lot.

Why don't I want this?

graveltrap
11-10-2015, 22:11
The gauges and Motec display can be difficult to read in some cars so it would be a useful addition, a temperature warning would be handy as well, make a red thermometer symbol of similar size and location to the fuel warning, much better visual indication than the smoke rings ;)

hkraft300
11-10-2015, 23:56
Ye the R18 TDi and ETron don't have it. I've damaged them and lost races - loss of engine power.
Something like a warning light in the HUD and maybe a temp gauge in telemetry would sometimes be handy.
Every other LMP car has one as far as I'm aware, even the Marek diesel LMP 2 car.
The 12C Motec for me is hard to read (~85 FOV, cockpit view).
Temps start to get crucial during a race >10 laps. In a tight field, even more so.

3800racingfool
12-10-2015, 00:04
Ye the R18 TDi and ETron don't have it. I've damaged them and lost races - loss of engine power.
Something like a warning light in the HUD and maybe a temp gauge in telemetry would sometimes be handy.
Every other LMP car has one as far as I'm aware, even the Marek diesel LMP 2 car.
The 12C Motec for me is hard to read (~85 FOV, cockpit view).
Temps start to get crucial during a race >10 laps. In a tight field, even more so.

Agreed. Something similar to the "low fuel" warning that flashes on the right side of the screen when you need to pit. Instead of a gas pump maybe flash a little thermometer as just a way of saying "hey stupid, your pushing too hard".

TwilightUA
12-10-2015, 00:11
Agreed. Something similar to the "low fuel" warning that flashes on the right side of the screen when you need to pit. Instead of a gas pump maybe flash a little thermometer as just a way of saying "hey stupid, your pushing too hard".

+1 from me. Constant temp display on HUD is not necessary, but warning light for overheat just hits the spot.

Umer Ahmad
12-10-2015, 00:12
Not a bad idea

hkraft300
12-10-2015, 03:16
Not a bad idea

Get on to it then. Pass it on. Chop chop.
:p ;)

LordDRIFT
10-12-2015, 15:55

Really dude?