PDA

View Full Version : Cars default set up question

BigAlex
11-10-2015, 20:09
Just wondering whether the default set up of a car is just the same for every track or there is a default set up for each track in the game. If the former is true FA would be using the same set up for letīs say Monaco (Azure) and Spa. Then surely someone would need to play with the carīs set up a lot to get the best combination.

Bealdor
12-10-2015, 06:15
It's one default setup for all tracks.

Borez
12-10-2015, 08:41
Then surely someone would need to play with the carīs set up a lot to get the best combination.

You need to do this anyway, I've found you really need to move away from the the default settings to get the best out of this game. I think that's what puts a lot of people off Pcars, the fact that you can't really get anywhere on the defaults and it's not like Forza or GT5 where you can just easily bang a new turbo or NO2 on and annihilate the competition.

For me though, that's half the challenge and fun.

The one good thing is that once a car is dialled in and saved for that track you'll always have those settings automatically when you return there in another race.

BigAlex
12-10-2015, 13:08
Thanks for the inputs!

I think the old GP4 had a specific set up for each track...at least the gear ratio seemed optimized

But since this is a simulator, It is pretty fair that you have to adjust your car for each track.

EvilEd71
12-10-2015, 14:21
Does it save your settings for individual tracks though ... And when you creat setting you should be able to save that under something different ....if you can ignore me but I have not been able to figure it out

Haiden
12-10-2015, 16:58
Does it save your settings for individual tracks though ... And when you creat setting you should be able to save that under something different ....if you can ignore me but I have not been able to figure it out

It would be nice to be able to save them under different names, but it's not set up that way. At first I found this a bit off-putting, but I've come to appreciate the quick ease of not having to name each save. I'd still like to see something like 3-5 save slots per track. So you could save a few different tunes to the same track and then just select from that list in the garage.