PDA

View Full Version : when are we getting pit crew

Toyotagt1
12-10-2015, 00:50
tis is a question i been ask you guys while back and you guys said yes but i'm yet to see.all i want is to know is when. it been way to long

Sasquatch
12-10-2015, 01:30
It takes times to work uniquely each and every car. TBH, it should really be the last thing they worry about.

SUBGTRACER
12-10-2015, 01:34
Would be nice to have the pit crew , add a little more realism to the title ................. , there is so much more work to be done with the stability of the title .

Mr.Smoke
12-10-2015, 20:21
We get pit crews when they are done & ready.

Fanapryde
12-10-2015, 21:15
We get pit crews when they are done & ready.
Or not ?
E.g. GT6 had working pitcrews during the first weeks. Then - for some reason - PD removed them and left players with a ghost pit lane. Even the doors closed after you passed them. Cars behind you were cranked up and serviced by ghosts.
Maybe PCars does not introduce them for the same reason, whatever that reason may be ? I can imagine GT6 on PS4 struggling, but PCars on PS4 ??

Schnizz58
12-10-2015, 21:20
Or not ?
And honestly I'd be fine with that. While I think it would be incredibly cool to see the pit crew scrambling around changing your tires and such, if you compare the amount of work required vs. the additional enjoyment I'd get from the game, it seems fairly low on the list. Before I get completely flamed, I know there are those who think this feature would be awesome, and it would. However there are a lot of things that affect actual gameplay that I would think have to take priority over this.

Fanapryde
12-10-2015, 21:27
And honestly I'd be fine with that. While I think it would be incredibly cool to see the pit crew scrambling around changing your tires and such...
I would really like to see who is misplacing my wheelnuts all the time...;)

Schnizz58
12-10-2015, 21:40
I would really like to see who is misplacing my wheelnuts all the time...;)

http://www.math.fsu.edu/~gmizell/graphics/smilielol.gif

Nelson Pacheco
12-10-2015, 21:56
tis is a question i been ask you guys while back and you guys said yes but i'm yet to see.all i want is to know is when. it been way to long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRcNJvkAudE

its done!

SUBGTRACER
12-10-2015, 21:59
I'm not sure if we will see them at all as I would think it would kill frame rate in a situation where you have 15 or so cars pitting .......:( I hope I'm wrong .

Schnizz58
12-10-2015, 22:04

its done!
For the BMW Z4.

Actually that video is really pretty sweet. Love how the guy can't get the right rear off....seems so....familiar.

Invincible
12-10-2015, 22:10
For the BMW Z4.

Actually that video is really pretty sweet. Love how the guy can't get the right rear off....seems so....familiar.

That's the bloke who constantly looses my wheel nuts!! Fire him! I don't want tools like that one in my team!:mad:

Fanapryde
12-10-2015, 22:15
They do exist though (#4)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9f2B6wsgL0

TheReaper GT
12-10-2015, 22:28
They do exist though (#4)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9f2B6wsgL0

And that one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoR9XDk_9HQ
Go to 1:00

2stains
12-10-2015, 22:58

its done!
The pit crew looks pretty good but they could look a little more enthusiastic! LOL and they don't look real enough,but that would do .

SUBGTRACER
12-10-2015, 23:08
The pit crew looks pretty good but they could look a little more enthusiastic! LOL and they don't look real enough,but that would do .

They look much more real than the ones we have now :)

Goresh
13-10-2015, 01:01
They need to be shown where the pit box is. :)

SUBGTRACER
13-10-2015, 01:27
They learn self awareness as time goes on ......... they just don't get any better at dropping your nuts.

ChrisK
13-10-2015, 02:19
i still don't understand how that's important at all. each to their own i guess.

TheReaper GT
13-10-2015, 02:31
i still don't understand how that's important at all. each to their own i guess.

Important? No
Cool? Hell yeah!!!

SUBGTRACER
13-10-2015, 02:57
Agreed not important but would be nice.

Would be nice to have officials waving the flags too but that's for another post.

Konan
13-10-2015, 05:43
To my understanding they will first take out all the bugs,glitches,... Before they concentrate on things like animated pitcrews,flags,...
First gameplay,then game enhancement.
Not a bad thing imo...

SUBGTRACER
13-10-2015, 05:47
I have not seen one comment about flags ? or fixing them .....

Konan
13-10-2015, 05:51
I have not seen one comment about flags ? or fixing them .....

I made a thread about it that is under investigation :search for"udate on flags and penalties"
There it's stated that they will adress it after the bugs are fixed...

SUBGTRACER
13-10-2015, 05:54
I made a thread about it that is under investigation :search for "flags and penalties"
There it's stated that they will adress it after the bugs are fixed...

sweet , thanks mate

Konan
13-10-2015, 05:56
No worries...i edited my post for the exact title...

andycass
13-10-2015, 09:01
To my understanding they will first take out all the bugs,glitches,... Before they concentrate on things like animated pitcrews,flags,...
First gameplay,then game enhancement.
Not a bad thing imo...
So it'll be project cars 2 then.

Konan
13-10-2015, 09:11
So it'll be project cars 2 then.

That's still about two years away so a lot can happen till then...

andycass
13-10-2015, 09:43
That's still about two years away so a lot can happen till then...
They'll never take out all the bugs and glitches with this game. So far for every one they take out (or claim to) they add 1 more .

Konan
13-10-2015, 09:47
They'll never take out all the bugs and glitches with this game. So far for every one they take out (or claim to) they add 1 more .

Always look on the bright side of life mate...:cool:
Miracles do happen sometimes lol

BazzaLB
13-10-2015, 11:55
My understanding is that the pit crews are THE reason we don't have manual control in the pits. Personally, I'd rather have manual control in pit lane, especially in light of the fact we don't have the animated pit crew anyway.

Konan
13-10-2015, 12:00
My understanding is that the pit crews are THE reason we don't have manual control in the pits. Personally, I'd rather have manual control in pit lane, especially in light of the fact we don't have the animated pit crew anyway.

Nope...THE reason for not having manual control in the pits is to my understanding the PEGI rating...
Even with one man standing in the pit,one could run him over and therefore PEGI 3 wouldn't suffice...
This all has been explained before...

Liquid7394
13-10-2015, 12:25
The current pit guy is a ghost though, I've gone through him multiple times when exiting the pit.

F1Aussie
13-10-2015, 12:31
Nope...THE reason for not having manual control in the pits is to my understanding the PEGI rating...
Even with one man standing in the pit,one could run him over and therefore PEGI 3 wouldn't suffice...

How bizarre! What would happen if you ran over him, blood and guts everywhere? Other than that what issue could there be?

Konan
13-10-2015, 12:32
How bizarre! What would happen if you ran over him, blood and guts everywhere? Other than that what issue could there be?

I can't answer that i'm affraid but i'm sure it has to do with a lot of rules and regulations...as it allways does...

BazzaLB
13-10-2015, 12:42

Err.. Thats exactly what I'm getting at! You just said Nope then went on to verify exactly my point. The pitcrew is THE reason we can't have manual control!

Therefore, get rid of this pitcrew plan (as plainly its a bit too hard) and give us manual pitstops!

Konan
13-10-2015, 12:49
Err.. Thats exactly what I'm getting at! You just said Nope then went on to verify exactly my point. The pitcrew is THE reason we can't have manual control!

Therefore, get rid of this pitcrew plan (as plainly its a bit too hard) and give us manual pitstops!

No... I said PEGI rating is the reason... In order to avoid that,they have to eliminate the one guy too...is that what you mean?
If that's the case i would rather have them animated in stead of empty and manual...but that's just my opinion...i DO understand your opinion too...

BazzaLB
13-10-2015, 12:59
No... I said PEGI rating is the reason... In order to avoid that,they have to eliminate the one guy too...is that what you mean?
If that's the case i would rather have them animated in stead of empty and manual...but that's just my opinion...i DO understand your opinion too...

You say PEGI, I say pitcrew, but essentially its the same thing. No pitcrew (including any one in pit) then we could have manual control.

Didn't GP4 have manual pit with animated crew? (Can't quite remember).

Konan
13-10-2015, 13:08
You say PEGI, I say pitcrew, but essentially its the same thing. No pitcrew (including any one in pit) then we could have manual control.

Didn't GP4 have manual pit with animated crew? (Can't quite remember).

I don't know...never played that game...i did hear that F1 2015 has them but that's just hearsay...
Maybe if they make them ghosts it's possible but that's a question for the developers....so...
Wouldn't be much realistic being able to drive through them though...
Another practical question:how would you be able to know where to stop if there's no one standing there?

wolfscastle
13-10-2015, 13:40
This feature was a solid promise! I expect that it complies with SMS.

And not sometime ... soon!

Konan
13-10-2015, 13:50
This feature was a solid promise! I expect that it complies with SMS.

And not sometime ... soon!

Yes,they were actually ment to be in the game on release but they weren't optimised enough so they released the game without them...i think animated pitstops are more likely to make it in than manual pitstops since that was the intention all along... At least that's what i read on this forum...

KK78
13-10-2015, 14:36
@ OP

Answer: PCars 2..... probably

Konan
13-10-2015, 14:47
@ OP

Answer: PCars 2..... probably

Got that from a reliable source???

Machinist90
13-10-2015, 14:51

what rating has assetto corsa than..?

Konan
13-10-2015, 14:56
what rating has assetto corsa than..?

I have no idea...just don't shoot the messenger...i'm only repeating what's been written on this forum...that's why it may be a good idea to use the search option...that's where i got most of my (mostly confirmed) answers...

Machinist90
13-10-2015, 15:00
I have no idea...just don't shoot the messenger...i'm only repeating what's been written on this forum...that's why it may be a good idea to use the search option...that's where i got most of my (mostly confirmed) answers...

can't really find a clear one,one site said pegi 3+...

Konan
13-10-2015, 15:10
can't really find a clear one,one site said pegi 3+...

I didn't mean your comment specifficaly mate...i meant in general...all the answers i have given can be tracked back with the search button...i don't mean to step on anyone's toes but a little search gets you a long way...again,not you...in general fellow countryman lol...same province even :rolleyes:

KK78
13-10-2015, 15:10

Judging by the use of the word 'probably' I'd expect not ;)

Konan
13-10-2015, 15:14
Judging by the use of the word 'probably' I'd expect not ;)

Well...I'm not a DEV so can't confirm what they say is really true but for me that's enough until I hear otherwise...
So to me that's a reliable source...that's why I always try to refer to the original quote...

Machinist90
13-10-2015, 15:33
they've confirmed it so many times it would be sour to have to say "yeah remember when we said soon...it's never" but we'll see...F1 has very nice pitstops but then again that's just one car...assetto corsa also has nice pitstops but only multiplayer...will there ever be a game with proper GT/LMP pitstops? who knows

Konan
13-10-2015, 15:34
they've confirmed it so many times it would be sour to have to say "yeah remember when we said soon...it's never" but we'll see...F1 has very nice pitstops but then again that's just one car...assetto corsa also has nice pitstops but only multiplayer...will there ever be a game with proper GT/LMP pitstops? who knows

Let's keep our hopes up I'd say...

fa-racing
14-10-2015, 06:02
haven't played in a couple months, since i don't own a ps4 anymore. was curios if they have been released yet? or have the devs given up on making them?

Cheesenium
14-10-2015, 06:10
No, they arent in the game yet but the devs are still working on it as far as I know.

I like to have them in the game too.

fa-racing
14-10-2015, 06:17
thanks. would have thought 5 months after release they would have been in the game....

Cheesenium
14-10-2015, 06:23
thanks. would have thought 5 months after release they would have been in the game....

It is not an easy issue to fix as there are many classes in the game that has different widths and lengths that needs each car to be individual set to ensure the pit crews are all at the right position.

Fanapryde
14-10-2015, 07:59
haven't played in a couple months, since i don't own a ps4 anymore. was curios if they have been released yet? or have the devs given up on making them?
Did you miss this ?

http://http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40711-when-are-we-getting-pit-crew&highlight=Pit+crew (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40711-when-are-we-getting-pit-crew&highlight=Pit+crew)

Bealdor
14-10-2015, 08:02
Threads merged.

N0body Of The Goat
14-10-2015, 09:40

HP ftw \o/

Konan
14-10-2015, 13:32
HP ftw \o/

Is that a confirmation?

moving-target
16-10-2015, 07:10
I think it's time to give it up... one more broken promise in a still broken game.

PCars is now V 5.0 and they still try to fix bugs that should habe been gone in V 1.0. (Tried PCars again after a long break, and it wanted me to race the Caper Stockars in the rain in career mode, but only allowed me to use rain tyres on the front wheels. Almost 1/2 year after release).

Could have been a worthy GTR2 successor, but ended up as a weird mix of Gran Turismo, Forza and Assetto Corsa, where you even struggle to pick your livery or save more than one setup.

just sad :-(

Shinzah
16-10-2015, 07:14
I think it's time to give it up... one more broken promise in a still broken game.

PCars is now V 5.0 and they still try to fix bugs that should habe been gone in V 1.0. (Tried PCars again after a long break, and it wanted me to race the Caper Stockars in the rain in career mode, but only allowed me to use rain tyres on the front wheels. Almost 1/2 year after release).

Could have been a worthy GTR2 successor, but ended up as a weird mix of Gran Turismo, Forza and Assetto Corsa, where you even struggle to pick your livery or save more than one setup.

just sad :-(

Well it's hard to hit a moving-target's expectations isn't it.

moving-target
16-10-2015, 09:01
Well it's hard to hit a moving-target's expectations isn't it.

Nope,

get me a working product according to the developers promises, and I can assure you free hugs 4 lifetime...

;-)