PDA

View Full Version : T300RS "clunk", help?

Sasquatch
12-10-2015, 06:35
As of tonight, my T300RS developed this center "clunk" sound, as in the best way I can describe it... is at center there's a single clunk rotating left and right. I've read people saying this is a easy repair as it's the screws to the servo motor in the base? I have no idea to take this thing apart, and i'm pretty sure i'm beyond warranty and may give Thrustmaster a call to see what they say? Does anyone know if there's a tutorial video or an exact pinpoint to the issue?

It doesn't destroy my gameplay, the wheel plays just fine. It's just weird hearing it now.

I appreciate any help, and thank you.

Spitfire77
12-10-2015, 18:41
As of tonight, my T300RS developed this center "clunk" sound, as in the best way I can describe it... is at center there's a single clunk rotating left and right. I've read people saying this is a easy repair as it's the screws to the servo motor in the base? I have no idea to take this thing apart, and i'm pretty sure i'm beyond warranty and may give Thrustmaster a call to see what they say? Does anyone know if there's a tutorial video or an exact pinpoint to the issue?

It doesn't destroy my gameplay, the wheel plays just fine. It's just weird hearing it now.

I appreciate any help, and thank you.

Yeah I had that issue but mine was still under warranty replacement is much nicer. How long have you had it? Warranty is 1 year in the USA and 2 years in most other countries.

If you are inside that time frame collect the following info to send to Thrustmaster then either email them or call them.
#1 Video of your wheel clunking (easy way is to stop the car in project cars with slow speed center spring up above 75% and turn back and forth)
#2 picture of the serial number sticker on the bottom of the wheel base.
#3 receipt or invoice of purchase

Otherwise you can check out how to open up the wheel using info from people who replaced the fan (opening up the t300 and tx is basically the same)
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/13161-thrustmaster-tx-fan-replacement/

Then I found this info about which ones to tighten down on some thread .. not sure which one and there is no guarantee this info is correct I never attempted.
"JimBowL_ said
That clunking noise is the shaft pins holding the belt itself, its an very VERY easy fix.

If or when you open the wheel just squeeze the belt with your pinching fingers, at the same time rotating slowly to find the loose bolt.. easy fix buddy buddy.

The bolts they use from thrustmaster are very.. ehh cheap. My nephews toys has better screws and brackets than the wheel.. kind of &%#*&!%#&@!^#$&#$%&!^#^ well.. you get the point HA!"

i-am-the-stig
12-10-2015, 23:53
Mines started with this I've only had it a month so I'm going to contact thrustmaster

Sasquatch
13-10-2015, 06:38
If you are inside that time frame collect the following info to send to Thrustmaster then either email them or call them.
#1 Video of your wheel clunking (easy way is to stop the car in project cars with slow speed center spring up above 75% and turn back and forth)
#2 picture of the serial number sticker on the bottom of the wheel base.
#3 receipt or invoice of purchase
I might be, not terribly sure, but i'll give them a ring and see what goes down. But thank you Spitfire. I'll update this thread post communication.

i-am-the-stig
14-10-2015, 12:38
I've got to send mine in for repair

the-D-
14-10-2015, 13:59
I've got to send mine in for repair

At your expense too, my t300 died, thrustmaster told me it was my responsibility to pay for packaging materials and shipping costs, with no replacement, it's a total joke, I've now bought a t500 and straight out of the box it has this 'clunk' you describe, now I'm gonna have to fix it myself as I'm not jumping through hoops again,...terrible service from start to finish!

i-am-the-stig
14-10-2015, 22:05
At your expense too, my t300 died, thrustmaster told me it was my responsibility to pay for packaging materials and shipping costs, with no replacement, it's a total joke, I've now bought a t500 and straight out of the box it has this 'clunk' you describe, now I'm gonna have to fix it myself as I'm not jumping through hoops again,...terrible service from start to finish!

There paying for it to be shipped

Spitfire77
15-10-2015, 00:32
There paying for it to be shipped

They paid for shipping both ways when I had my T300 replaced for the clunking issue. I had to provide the box and packing materials, I used the stuff it came with. It took a total of about 18 days from reporting the issue to having my replacement up and running.

Sasquatch
15-10-2015, 21:03
At your expense too, my t300 died, thrustmaster told me it was my responsibility to pay for packaging materials and shipping costs, with no replacement, it's a total joke
Thrustmaster told me they're paying for both ways, you just have to get a box and padding?

UPDATE EDIT: Yep. I got the info. TM's customer service is alright I suppose. I hope whenever I get the stuff from TM, I got the base back quick. :(